Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Also I cannot imagine for the life of me why in the nine circles of hell that a scum team would kill Maemuki, talk about a player that, as scum, I would have used and abused while laughing. I would be shocked if that wasn't a town kill, or maybe an independent that thought she was a good suspect for being scum.

No offense, of course.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Kdub »

DTM's claim is believable, and unless there is a counterclaim, I think he's basically confirmed town.

Reckoner: What are your opinions on Cobalt, joe, and myself since you had us on your scum list yesterday but not at the start of today?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Hey KDub while you are around could you be so kind as to give a cursory look over my posts today and tell me what you think of them? That'd be fantastic.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Shouldn't need to be said, but while i only named Kdub there that applies to anyone who reads that post. If I have a logical fallacy or a problem with my train of thought it is most pro town to point it out to me and try to reason with me so that we can have more productive combined logical output.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Catching up bleargh, I'm several pages back, but a quick skim leads me back to the Hayker wagon
vote Hayker
. MSSK wagon is also a decent choice, I'm happy with whichever one is larger.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I like your RF read Chris, I think you're judging DGB's tone a little too harshly, hell I can't read tone very well in forums. =\ I think Reckoner is scummier than Cobalt if I had to go there, but we're still in a target rich environment IMHO, there are other fish to fry first. Your 1825 makes sense, Maemuki was on my scum-list at the end of the day yesterday.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sir Chris wrote: Well, I actually like RayFrost. Honestly I just read his posts and aside from being troublesome on personal level, he looks good. His posts are to the point, blunt, and lack a feel that he is holding ANYTHING back whatsoever. I feel like every point he makes is going for a deathblow and he has the potential to just snap on a player in an instant and try to spell their doom. I have a really positive read on RayFrost's play so far, but if he is very good he could be scum still, but he is by far, in my eyes, the best looking of that fourpack.
So I'm the hard-working guy in the office that might go postal? :lol: No wonder you are buddying up to me. :P

Anyway, my opinions on the hayker wagon:

crap. hayker's play is poor, not scummy. differentiate.

SSK wagon:

If not for the fact I've seen SSK town flip from similar play, I'd say "FUCK YEAH, SSK LYNCH FTW!!!!!" Because I have, I am a bit more cautious here.

I'd like to point out that SSK's posts have been far less frequent than the town experience. I've no experience with SSK with the M attached.

I'll watch the wagon, but I'm not going to join it unless somebody pulls out a very solid case that is at least mostly unique to SSK (as in the low posting count has low value for a case - *points to the other low posters* or they'd be dead already).

Joe wagon:

I've replaced Joe in the opening of a newbie game as town (town won via my awesome ability to find a town tell out of a single post), and I have to say that his play was poor then, but he actually seemed to put some effort into his posts and scumhunting.

Here, we've got virtually nothing out of him.

The contrast is to the point that I really want him dead.

If anybody wishes for the (very brief) meta read on Joe, Woodstock mafia is the place to go.

One more thing:

FUCK YEAH, JOE LYNCH FTW!!!!!

And I don't like Shotty's hayker vote while keeping option of SSK wagon open. Seems a bit opportunistic.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sir Chris wrote: Well, I actually like RayFrost. Honestly I just read his posts and aside from being troublesome on personal level, he looks good. His posts are to the point, blunt, and lack a feel that he is holding ANYTHING back whatsoever. I feel like every point he makes is going for a deathblow and he has the potential to just snap on a player in an instant and try to spell their doom. I have a really positive read on RayFrost's play so far, but if he is very good he could be scum still, but he is by far, in my eyes, the best looking of that fourpack.
So I'm the hard-working guy in the office that might go postal? :lol: No wonder you are buddying up to me. :P

Anyway, my opinions on the hayker wagon:

crap. hayker's play is poor, not scummy. differentiate.

SSK wagon:

If not for the fact I've seen SSK town flip from similar play, I'd say "FUCK YEAH, SSK LYNCH FTW!!!!!" Because I have, I am a bit more cautious here.

I'd like to point out that SSK's posts have been far less frequent than the town experience. I've no experience with SSK with the M attached.

I'll watch the wagon, but I'm not going to join it unless somebody pulls out a very solid case that is at least mostly unique to SSK (as in the low posting count has low value for a case - *points to the other low posters* or they'd be dead already).

Joe wagon:

I've replaced Joe in the opening of a newbie game as town (town won via my awesome ability to find a town tell out of a single post), and I have to say that his play was poor then, but he actually seemed to put some effort into his posts and scumhunting.

Here, we've got virtually nothing out of him.

The contrast is to the point that I really want him dead.

If anybody wishes for the (very brief) meta read on Joe, Woodstock mafia is the place to go.

One more thing:

FUCK YEAH, JOE LYNCH FTW!!!!!

And I don't like Shotty's hayker vote while keeping option of SSK wagon open. Seems a bit opportunistic.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

OMG, I hate the white screen of death.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

wolframnhart wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Based on the arguments made in this post:

vote: joe428
Huh? Sorry this one is lost on me.
Oops, my bad, this is the link I forgot to cut and paste:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 13#1987313
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 am

Despite my post-lynch reservations, I get a warm pro-town vibe from Sir Chris.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:32 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Catching up bleargh, I'm several pages back, but a quick skim leads me back to the Hayker wagon
vote Hayker
What's better about the Hayker wagon as opposed to mine?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:01 am

Sir Chris wrote:I would be shocked if that wasn't a town kill, or maybe an independent that thought she was a good suspect for being scum.
I thought the same. But. Aren't there multiple scum factions? They might want to kill a competitor, or even simply a player that won't be protected. Or, bus-drive. There are many explanations.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 am

Hayker, joe, MafiaSSK are excellent lynched for today. Together they are an all-you-can-eat buffet.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 am

EBWOP: lynches, not lynched.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Yay Hayker wagon.
vote: Hayker

---
MafiaSSK wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Catching up bleargh, I'm several pages back, but a quick skim leads me back to the Hayker wagon
vote Hayker
What's better about the Hayker wagon as opposed to mine?
...lol?

---

Sajin, please explain your PR in excruciating detail.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't think I need to hear about Sajin's PR in excruciating detail.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Kdub »

Sir Chris wrote:Hey KDub while you are around could you be so kind as to give a cursory look over my posts today and tell me what you think of them? That'd be fantastic.
I agree with your read on RF, he's seemed fairly town to me. I think the Cobalt-Reckoner interaction from D1 is something we should look into more because both of them are suspicious, yet Reckoner went after Cobalt quite a bit. Could be a convincing attempt at bussing, or they could be on different scum factions. I'd like to hear Reck's answer to my previous question about his opinion on Cobalt and others.

Cobalt:
Who are your top suspects at the moment and why?

I glanced over Hayker's posts, and I'm not seeing a strong case. His posts are erratic, but I don't find them to be particularly suspicious. Can the players voting him show some quotes where you think he is scummy?

Kise, joe, MafiaSSK, and DeathNote are huge lurkers in this game.
Mod: prod DeathNote

Did you forget about the mass prod at the beginning of the day? ~Slicey~
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

IIRC, most of his posts are IIOA, and the ones that aren't are fakescumhunting (awful "scumtell" on DGB, late-to-the-party vote on SSK, bandwagon-following "suspicion" on me).
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 am

Post by ace5993 »

Okay, interesting day so far. The Hayker wagon I can certainly sympathize with, I'm in between a bad player read and a scum read. However, the quick formation of the wagon reminds me of the wagon on zwet yesterday (which admittedly I was a part of), so I am reluctant to jump on so soon, especially when there is nothing that is glaringly scummy. The MafiaSSK wagon is much better imo, but the last currently viable option is better still:

Vote: joe478

Completely agree with RayFrost on this one. That meta sealed the deal. He's done nothing this game but ask for explanations, yet given none for his own wagon votes.

I am getting the same read on Sir Chris as I was yesterday, as I thought DoS would flip town anyway. His posts today have been pretty much exactly as I would expect.

DrippingGoofball I see as very scummy, but then it could just be that she has a very odd (and not particularly good imo) playstyle.

Reckoner is very hard to read. Seems very pouty when his suggestions go unnoticed, which is more townish than scum.

Cobalt annoys me, but I don't see him as scum. Just a gut read on this one though.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Cobalt »

Now sure he does back off really fast without prodding saying it was a dumb emotional play, but what I would like to know, Cobalt, is what was there to be emotional about? Sure, I appear to have appealed to emotion in some form or whatever but yourself said my case was good. So why so upset? I would like this answered.
I like to think of myself as a wagon-stater more than a wagon-joiner. So when I compromised my style a little bit to accomodate your continuous calls for a DoS lynch, and then he flipped town, I felt like I'd let myself be duped into playing against myself to everyone's detriment.
Cobalt:
Who are your top suspects at the moment and why?
Right now, the lurkers in general. I hate that there's like 6 players I keep forgetting are even in the game. I just can't imagine the lurker mindset- why wouldn't you play a game you signed up for? I don;t see a town motivation for this behavior. Hence the MSSK wagon.
hatersgonnahate.gif
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kdub wrote:Reckoner: What are your opinions on Cobalt, joe, and myself since you had us on your scum list yesterday but not at the start of today?
Well, Cobalt still has my eye for sure (as does joe), but there are others I'd like to lynch first. I can't tell if my problems with Cobalt are because he's scum, or because I hate the fuck out of his play-style.

As for you... I iso'd you, and to be COMPLETELY honest, I felt like my scum read on you was half-assed at best.
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

Cobalt wrote:I just can't imagine the lurker mindset- why wouldn't you play a game you signed up for? I don't see a town motivation for this behavior. Hence the MSSK wagon.
VT indignance seems to have explained it so far.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Slicey »

DiZ: And what do you have to show for it? First your home, then the dark. Your heart only knows how to throw things away. It's empty, like that room. Like your memories. That's why no one is in the castle with you. Your heart is hollw except for the darkness you couldn't quite shake off.

The First Votecount:
Hayker (5): Sajin, Iecerint, Shotty to the Body, Papa Zito
joe478 (3): DrippingGoofball, RayFrost, ace5993
MafiaSSK (1): Cobalt

Not Voting: Gorrad, Kise, wolframnhart, Hayker, Kdub, DTMaster, Deathnote, Starbuck, MafiaSSK, raider8169, Plum, UncertainKitten, xRECKONERx, joe478, Sir Chris

With 23 votes available, it will take 12 to lynch.

Gorrad has informed me he will be V/LA until the 4th of January.
Last edited by Slicey on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

I've read through joe in RF's game. I buy that there's a difference. Still prefer Hayker for now. Slightly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”