acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:48 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1773, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1771, acryon wrote:
In post 1770, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1763, Papa Zito wrote:Arrite that's fair. I have some Qs out, let's see what shakes

VOTE: Anxiety Attack
AA raises a good point.
What makes the slot scummy and vote worthy?

Who is this directed at? If me, then is a succinct showing of why I think AA is scum. 1) Presenting arguments that the slot has enough experience to know better than try to push. 2) Dodging simple questions including an unwillingness to back up claim that I was trying to discredit them with their Spiffeh and Mario push.
Moreso at Zito, thus the quote.

I've read 1705 and see the points, just not sold on it.

That's fair, which is why I was hoping my questioning could get us somewhere, since I know towncred is very hard to overcome.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Votecount 2.10Image
It was difficult not being a troll.
[4 suggestions queued]

===========================================
MarioManiac4
[5] - Spiffeh, Elbirn, Anxiety Attack, lilith2013, RadiantCowbells
Aristophanes
[1] - Marquis
DrippingGoofball
[2] - West9, Aristophanes
Anxiety Attack
[2] - acryon, Papa Zito
Spiffeh
[1] - Davsto

Not Voting
[4] - DrippingGoofball, hiplop, MarioManiac4, pisskop
===========================================
(expired on 2016-02-08 22:00:00)
With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to lynch!
Last edited by Cheetory6 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Anxiety Attack »

In post 1775, acryon wrote:
In post 1773, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1771, acryon wrote:
In post 1763, Papa Zito wrote:Arrite that's fair. I have some Qs out, let's see what shakes

AA raises a good point.

Who is this directed at? If me, then is a succinct showing of why I think AA is scum. 1) Presenting arguments that the slot has enough experience to know better than try to push. 2) Dodging simple questions including an unwillingness to back up claim that I was trying to discredit them with their Spiffeh and Mario push.
Moreso at Zito, thus the quote.

I've read 1705 and see the points, just not sold on it.

That's fair, which is why I was hoping my questioning could get us somewhere, since I know towncred is very hard to overcome.

OK your first point is BS plain and simple. Who cares how good we are at the game? You think good players can't have bad or off games? Is being bad scum or town? Explain why this point is scum.

I didn't dodge shit. You are constantly harping on us about our Mario read which I already explained. Your attempt to discredit is scummy unless you can tell me why Mario is town. Also, I'm not dodging. I don't care. There's a huge difference.

~SW
Hydra of ika and SilverWolf
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah, Burden of Proficiency is a bad and NAI argument.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1777, Anxiety Attack wrote:
OK your first point is BS plain and simple. Who cares how good we are at the game? You think good players can't have bad or off games? Is being bad scum or town? Explain why this point is scum.

I didn't dodge shit. You are constantly harping on us about our Mario read which I already explained. Your attempt to discredit is scummy unless you can tell me why Mario is town. Also, I'm not dodging. I don't care. There's a huge difference.

~SW

This isn't about Burden of Proficiency. What I am saying is that you know better than to push an argument as flawed and weak as the one you are pushing. This isn't about competency; it's about intent and feigned ignorance.

Also you definitely know better than to say that my attempt to discredit is scummy unless I can tell you why Mario is town. Whether your argument is bad or not actually has nothing to do with whether or not Mario is town and certainly nothing to do with whether or not I think he is town. A flawed argument is a flawed argument, and whether pushing it is scummy or not has everything to do with intent. Personally, I think it's clear by the way you were dodging and getting defensive without addressing the questions that your intent was to push toward a lynch you knew was ripe for the taking and settled into this weak argument as your outlet.
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Anxiety Attack »

It's right back to your shitty argument that we should know better.

Fuck off.

~SW
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Once again, I see where this is going and am calling a time out.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:31 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1781, Aristophanes wrote:Once again, I see where this is going and am calling a time out.

Although you'll notice only one person is pushing it in that direction.

Feigning ignorance is scummy AA.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1782, acryon wrote:
In post 1781, Aristophanes wrote:Once again, I see where this is going and am calling a time out.

Did you not see my earlier post telling you to fuck off? I think you are trying to piss me off on purpose at this point.

Keep putting words in my mouth pal and saying I'm doing things I'm not. It only makes you look like shit when we flip town.

I already told you I don't care about your questions. Vote threats and shitty scumreads do nothing to get me to work with someone. Anyone that knows me knows that'll only make me dig my heels in harder.

~SW
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Anxiety Attack »

In post 1783, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 1782, acryon wrote:

Did you not see my earlier post telling you to fuck off? I think you are trying to piss me off on purpose at this point.

Keep putting words in my mouth pal and saying I'm doing things I'm not. It only makes you look like shit when we flip town.

I already told you I don't care about your questions. Vote threats and shitty scumreads do nothing to get me to work with someone. Anyone that knows me knows that'll only make me dig my heels in harder.

~SW
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Very polite and gentle reminder that this is a game for fun and stuff [despite how awful mafia is in general q.q]. I'd really rather this not escalate to the point I need to get involved.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

So, uh, this has become unproductive.

Are either of you advancing the game with this? No.

Is it helping sort either of you? No.

Now stop it before someone quits.

Just stop pushing points, Acryon.
Step away from the game for an hour or something, SW.

Like, come on people.

Mod ninja
<3 u Cheet
- Jingle
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 am

Post by acryon »

I'll back off SW for now. Hopefully I can engage ika on this, or others can at least engage me on my arguments because my goal is not to make anyone mad.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 am

Post by West9 »

haha okay so if mario doesn't want to answer my questions and the big people counterwagoning him are acryon, awesome's replacement, and Ari, then I'm going to have to
VOTE: Mario

RC, i'd better get those fucking kitten pics.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1788, West9 wrote:haha okay so if mario doesn't want to answer my questions and the big people counterwagoning him are acryon, awesome's replacement, and Ari, then I'm going to have to
VOTE: Mario

RC, i'd better get those fucking kitten pics.
I feel slighted.

We were making a beautiful wagon!
Why would you leave me like this!?
- Jingle
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:09 am

Post by West9 »

CATCH UP WALL GO GO GO GO
In post 1701, Aristophanes wrote:Mario is scummy by associations but not by actual posts.
yeahhh, there's a lot of defensiveness and literally nothing else, especially recently. His scumhunting during all of D2 was pretty much "didn't we say we were gonna flip awesome" and "elbrin is being mean to me"

In post 1705, acryon wrote:This Mario push is soft. The resistance in total to it is generally too soft for it to be an all-town wagon and the specific defenders are too blatant for them to be scum.
In post 1706, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can't argue that when the only defenders of BBT (who were the same people fwiw) were equally blatant.

Bad.
Gotta agree with RC here. Acryon and Davsto should explain to me why saying "this is too slow" is the wrong lesson to learn from the BBT lynch and the West flip.

In post 1713, Papa Zito wrote:Can someone, anyone, give me a "well zito my good man, X is scum cuz of these excellent reasons: A, B, C"
Well zito my good man:
DGB is scum because there are several posts where she appears that she doing the reading of the game, yet she has aggressively done nothing for the entire game
Mario is scum because, especially during this last day, he has done no scumhunting, is singularly focused on defending himself, and was the counterwagon to the fast and stupid West wagon.

^this makes it kinda clear why i switched to mario just now, but I should say things people said about DGB's meta and the "i'm sick" stuff were also factors.

In post 1743, acryon wrote:Can someone tell me why AnxietyAttack isn't scummy re: ? Is it just residual towncred from D1? That's certainly what it feels like.
because it is burden of proficiency, you silly goose.
I am actually curious: Why is mario town? Can you answer that now that a nice shiny blueflip is asking you?

In post 1749, Davsto wrote:also there was that thing where Spiffeh wagon was building (from like 0 votes to four in 75 posts) and then *suddenly* 5 votes piled on West9 in 27 posts.
Yo I'm all for people talking about how shitty the West wagon was, but uuhhhhh what does this mean?

In post 1751, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1741, lilith2013 wrote:@Aristo: can you explain what you meant by "Mario is scummy by association"?
Yeah, as in when I read BBT'S ISO, I got the feeling they were linked.
Ari wtf this is a great reason to scumread someone. I've fuckin caught you as scum based on type of shit alone before. join me on the mario wagon plz.

In post 1752, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1744, lilith2013 wrote:
DGB was on the BBT wagon fairly early. But then right before he got lynched, she quoted him and said "this is a townie sentiment." but made no argument against his lynch/didn't try to push us off the wagon/didn't unvote.

That is weird. I think it'd be shadier if he'd flipped town tho.
Maybe not. There was a counterwagon (on you, actually!) that grew really fast was pretty strong right up until BBT died.

In post 1754, MarioManiac4 wrote:well elbirn is making up reasons to scumread me?
and when one of his reasons is proved as blatant bs he says "nvm i was just being snarky"?

In post 1446, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1074, MarioManiac4 wrote:VOTE: BBT
Now
it's L1.
So NOBODY misses this, it's L1. Do not hammer unless that is your full intent.

Finally decides to bus, but really wants people to think before they hammer his buddy.
idk, it's pretty clear that this is snarky

and then a bunch of SW/ac stuff happened that I don't want to read again
btw, ari, I really appreciate how you, regardless of alignment, always work hard to defuse tense situations.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Papa Zito »

AA raises a good point.

What good point?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:11 am

Post by West9 »

In post 1790, West9 wrote:
In post 1754, MarioManiac4 wrote:well elbirn is making up reasons to scumread me?
and when one of his reasons is proved as blatant bs he says "nvm i was just being snarky"?

In post 1446, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1074, MarioManiac4 wrote:VOTE: BBT
Now
it's L1.
So NOBODY misses this, it's L1. Do not hammer unless that is your full intent.

Finally decides to bus, but really wants people to think before they hammer his buddy.
idk, it's pretty clear that this is snarky

Oh and I think I agree with Elbirn in this exchange as well:
In post 1448, MarioManiac4 wrote:
4. Oh come on that's pure BS and you KNOW IT. IT'S KINDA COMMON PROTOCOL TO WARN PEOPLE THAT SOMEONE IS AT L-1 AND THEY NEED TO THINK BEFORE ENDING THE DAY.
In post 1481, Elbirn wrote:4. Yeah that was me being a little snarky. Your over reaction is fun though.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Marquis »

i would post that as town. pretty sure in a recent game i just did.
link in bio
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1790, West9 wrote:
In post 1752, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1744, lilith2013 wrote:
DGB was on the BBT wagon fairly early. But then right before he got lynched, she quoted him and said "this is a townie sentiment." but made no argument against his lynch/didn't try to push us off the wagon/didn't unvote.

That is weird. I think it'd be shadier if he'd flipped town tho.
Maybe not. There was a counterwagon (on you, actually!) that grew really fast was pretty strong right up until BBT died.

Who was driving that counterwagon? Was it just BBT or did he have help?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1790, West9 wrote:Yo I'm all for people talking about how shitty the West wagon was, but uuhhhhh what does this mean?

Basically it looked more like a panicked "let's get the flip away from Mario" than anything else to me.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 am

Post by West9 »

Actually, it wasn't BBT at all. The main driver was TSO, who is now dead and town.
The others on it were AA, pisskop, marquis, spiffeh, and west (hi that's me)

Now that I'm reading it again, once Awesome replied and was like "my hydra partner bailed so don't shit on me for being inactive," it deflated super quickly and BBT was hammered right away.

Also, I think I misunderstood lilith. DGB said that thing about the "townie sentiment" before the counterwagon even began, so I'm 100% wrong and it had nothing to do with it. DGB didn't say anything during the awesome momentum. Sorry for the backpedal but uhhhh i'm town what r u gonna do about it.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 am

Post by West9 »

Davsto wrote:
In post 1790, West9 wrote:Yo I'm all for people talking about how shitty the West wagon was, but uuhhhhh what does this mean?

Basically it looked more like a panicked "let's get the flip away from Mario" than anything else to me.
yeah i agree so uh why no mario vote?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I also may have misremembered, things are pretty jumbled up in my head.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:43 am

Post by West9 »

In post 1785, Cheetory6 wrote:
Very polite and gentle reminder that this is a game for fun and stuff [despite how awful mafia is in general q.q]. I'd really rather this not escalate to the point I need to get involved.
Drawing suggestion: the chillest of pills

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”