Post by Feysal »

CD2
Username:
Feysal
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
No
List all of the insanities you currently have:
None
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
Wickedestjr. Looks like two of us did the same.
Were you murdered?
No
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result?
No
Twitch?
No

Reading about Fate and ReaperCharlie being modkilled came as quite the shock. I believe now that both are town, at least Fate is. Had Fate been cult, he would never have risked himself being modkilled. ReaperCharlie is probably town too, though he may have misled Fate in their hydra QT, so that is not certain.
Benmage #1741 wrote:A. The person I stalked I believe to be scum.
B. All the wine around me yesterday, I don't need to be mislynched on the delusion I'm cult.
C. I don't see any problem with my action.
You know... if your target was cult, he probably already knows he was stalked, due to hearing noise. By the time we finish claiming wards, he definitely will know, and will most likely be resuscitated by cult friends. I don't see why you would not claim who you targeted.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spyrex wrote:Unless I'm wrong, again, couldn't a whole mess of things cause a town N1 insanity?

Why the jump to OHH SNAP OBVIOUSLY EVILLLL?

and why are people agreeing with it?
What makes you so certain they got the insanity N1 and not N0? I think if you're playing a truly pro-town game you should probably not have any insanities at this point (looking at you Benmage).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Wraith »

Gonna be out soon, so in case nothing else pops up for me to say:

Since I know I'm being targeted by the cult and am probably being targeted by Benmage, I'd appreciate a pair of rezzes when night comes.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Hi ya VP.

AV why vote me when VP said the samething and you don't even comment.

Also we can at anytime choose to kill fate. Me killing fate would be a wasted shot ay cult. Dur.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Benmage »

If cult craft your fetish and than pass it to you do they need to craft another yo ritual you?

@feysal cult waisting Res kits is better than town wasting them...if they know it, I know it, you can wait till tomorrow to know it.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 am

Post by AurorusVox »

SpyreX:
Percy wrote:The
Rob Grave
Stalk
Murder
and
Commune
actions all cause Insanity, as will being saved from death by a successful
Resuscitate
and participating in
The Ritual
Launder
Craft Fetish
and
Ward
can also cause insanity, as will receiving a
Fetish
of yourself from a
Cultist
- Rob Grave/Ward: there were no dead bodies for Rob or Ward to give insanities from
- Stalk/Murder = murderer
- Commune/Launder: little to no reason to commune (we established the failings of using it N1) or launder
- Resuscitate: he was clearly not resuscitated
- Craft Fetish/The Ritual = cult
- Given a Fetish = town

The only reasonable "town" explanation for this is if he was given a fetish of himself. That's one out of all those possible/impossible actions. Explain to me how that one action constitutes a "whole mess of things"?

---

Ben: I'd expect you, as the person with the stalking/killing potential, to be the one who understands how it works the best. Just because VP said it was a bad question doesn't get you off the hook when YOU didn't do it. And now where's this "we can kill fate anytime" come from? That's going to give extra insanities -- which I thought you didn't want? Hmm?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

hi Ben!

Why have you and most everyone else ignored my question about dispatching? It seems relevant to our interests.
YOUR AD HERE

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 am

Post by AurorusVox »

EBWOP: Hey, it's not VP who said it was a bad question naughty Ben. It was Trilobite. But my reason still stands.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

El Goosuki wrote:El Goosuki heard noise. xvart is not bloody.
:s I wrote that Investigator's Reference for a reason. Of course he wasn't bloody. Investigate resolves before Murder and The Ritual. NO ONE was bloody. That was a wasted action.
VP wrote:
Everyone in your next post, answer the following questions:

1) Do you think dispatching one or both of Fate and RC is a good idea today?
2) If yes, who do you think we should dispatch?
3) If no, do you never want to dispatch them or just not today?
Dispatch RC. He could have been lying in his QT. ONLY a townie would suddenly give up a wagon 'learning' someone was town (scum would already know). So dispatch/rob grave on RC should cover our blind spot. About the only situation where this fails is if Fate was scum trying to trick RC into believing he was town by changing his opinion off of the in-QT towntell. If Fate was gaming the out of game information THAT hard - well. I'll dispatch as soon as Percy confirms it's separate from our lynch.

Furcolow should rob RC's grave and get the shiny, shiny rez kit he probably has. We can designate two pairs to bounce the graves of our lynch today and LB.

To minimize potential cult interference, we should have people volunteer OTHERS to bounce graves. I know it kinda sucks to hear "I chose you to get an insanitiy!" but it makes it much more difficult for cult to get dust without cultists nominating cultists in-thread (which carries it's own risks).

VP, you should be one of the four people bouncing graves tonight.
Wraith wrote: Since I know I'm being targeted by the cult and am probably being targeted by Benmage, I'd appreciate a pair of rezzes when night comes.
Cult can only Craft one Fetish of you a night (remember my dancing .gif) and they can't pass and craft on the same night. You're safe from the cult tonight.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:hi Ben!

Why have you and most everyone else ignored my question about dispatching? It seems relevant to our interests.
oh woops I'm on my phone. I'd want to dispatch RC but not fate.

@AV we can dispatch fate anytime making him dead, what don't you get?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 am

Post by AurorusVox »

If you killed him last night, he would have been "murdered" today and you would have had your precious confirmation. Although I guess a res kit would have still prevented it from happening, I think cult were far less likely to res someone who was for all intents and purposes already dead. And town was not going to waste their kits on Fate. What don't you get?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hito wrote:VP, you should be one of the four people bouncing graves tonight.
That's cool. And I agree that we should be nomming people to rob.

Also, it's not eight people...don't know why that slipped my mind. It's only four people because we can rob two graves. That makes for much less of a cost to us. Apart from myself if that's what the town wants, I'd like to see Furcolow and Benmage robbing. I don't trust Benmage's stalking and whether he thinks he's right or not, I don't really feel like letting him loose on a kill. I may want Plum robbing too depending on some questions I have for her....though shutting down Wraith or Baby Spice is a great idea as well. So many scums to poop on!
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh my God.....I wish I could quote my own words just spoken but that'd be much effort on a phone.

My primary incentive to stalk and kill is to kill a cult. The second added beneficial aspect is that it confirms me town. Understand AV? I want to kill c.u.l.t. with my k.i.l.l.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Feysal »

El Goosuki #1763 wrote:El Goosuki heard noise. xvart is not bloody.
As already said by others, your action was pointless. There is no way anyone could've been bloody at the time your investigate action resolved, and in fact we don't know whether xvart is bloody now, since he could've become bloody at the end of night.
Benmage #1779 wrote:@feysal cult wasting Res kits is better than town wasting them... if they know it, I know it, you can wait till tomorrow to know it.
The town might end up wasting res kits on cult anyway, but you actually have a point.

Looks like dispatching ReaperCharlie but not Fate is the best option for today. We may want to dispatch Fate too at some point, to get the Occult Books he is supposed to have for the price of one insanity, but that is for later.

I'm not sure why so many people seem sure about Lost Butterfly having been a cultist. Sure, the one insanity looks bad. But, why would the cult not have resuscitated them? They might have gotten the insanity by using commune just last night.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Benmage wrote:Oh my God.....I wish I could quote my own words just spoken but that'd be much effort on a phone.

My primary incentive to stalk and kill is to kill a cult. The second added beneficial aspect is that it confirms me town. Understand AV? I want to kill c.u.l.t. with my k.i.l.l.
That sounds mighty different from what you were saying yesterday.

---

Feysal:
Didn't we say Occulting N1 was no good yesterday? IMO, Occulting N1 is a risky move that is probably not going to yield results (as it doesn't catch cult til N2). The best town explanation for that insanity is if he was given a fetish. But of course there's also the chance LB was a murderer.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

AurorusVox, if scum really wanted to rob graves, couldn't they just do that to the other players that are dead? :? I don't get it.

Also, would claiming if we are bloody or not be a good idea? I don't see any disadvantages and only advantages (players with forensic kits can catch players that claimed they weren't bloody but actually were).
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

I thought res gave both sides a ding if successful. My bad. So, commune/fetish as "town" or an n0-n1 stalk for 'town' or cult.

Fair enough.

NOW, that doesn't change the new song and dance you're pulling about insanity = stalk = murderer versus yesterday which is tech. OR the fact you didn't even poke at me at calling out the ohh nokill or wifom in said post.
1) Do you think dispatching one or both of Fate and RC is a good idea today?
2) If yes, who do you think we should dispatch?
3) If no, do you never want to dispatch them or just not today?
Yes, RC for sure - because Fate is town in all scenarios. I don't even see robbing for the books making sense versus just leaving him there.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Benmage »

AV, false.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

@Hito: Is Furcolow intended to rob RC's grave by himself?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Never mind, has to be if he is getting the rez kit.
Welcome to the Network.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

OK, well if we have Furc rob RC alone, that will essentially lessen the cost of robbing.

I'd be for dispatching both probably then. We then have three bodies to deal with and we have three chosen ones cross rob to clean up those bodies and prevent cult madness.

So for example:

RC = Furc
Fate = VP, Baby Spice
LB = Baby Spice, Wraith
Lynchee = Wraith, VP

or whatevs. We can't have unflipped bodies toward endgame, even if it is 99% likely Fate is town. WIFOM would make knowing when lylo is going to occur very difficult.
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Benmage »

VPs plan works for me.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Feysal »

AurorusVox #1789 wrote:Didn't we say Occulting N1 was no good yesterday? IMO, Occulting N1 is a risky move that is probably not going to yield results (as it doesn't catch cult til N2). The best town explanation for that insanity is if he was given a fetish. But of course there's also the chance LB was a murderer.
True, communing someone would be a risky move, though it could have caught someone who had stalked, so it would not be completely useless. We already had one claim for investigation, which was completely useless, so someone might have risked the commune too. I was just wondering that it would be odd for the cult to not resuscitate LB. I doubt LB could have been a murderer-in-training, if they were, shouldn't they have had two insanities? Unless they only decided on that route yesterday and stalked last night.
Wickedestjr #1790 wrote:Also, would claiming if we are bloody or not be a good idea? I don't see any disadvantages and only advantages (players with forensic kits can catch players that claimed they weren't bloody but actually were).
Sadly, it would be easy to defeat an investigation with a forensic kit, since launder resolves before investigate does. However, the threat of exposure would force anti-towns to waste their action on laundering, which would work in town's favor.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

I skimmed the last half of this page, so if there is anything imperative there, give me a heads up.
I went to rob RC's grave while warding El Goosuki. I sent in that action. Vi said I cannot rob the soulless, so I decided to search for a res kit instead (I wanted RC's in the first place). El goosuki saying they heard noise when I stated I was going to be warding them in the thread gives me 1 of 2 scenarios imo:

1) cult sent fetishes to nearly the entire town (this would explain their lack of a kill)
2) el goosuki is lying cult who expected to be warded

I heard noise
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

SpyreX wrote:NOW, that doesn't change the new song and dance you're pulling about insanity = stalk = murderer versus yesterday which is tech.
Explain to me what tech is?

If he got an insanity, it is likelier that he was either cult or that he was planning on going the murder route (I think this for reasons that I have explained above). In that case the insanity was from stalking (=planning on going murderer) or it was from performing the ritual (=cult). So what song and dance am I doing?
SpyreX wrote:OR the fact you didn't even poke at me at calling out the ohh nokill or wifom in said post.
I thought F--- signalled your frustration at there being a difficult situation to contend with, I didn't realise it was aimed at me. Since there was no cult kill, there COULD be a res save like I said, or the cult may have not killed as a ploy, like I said. WIFOM exists when there is no kill. So what's your point?

---
Wickedestjr wrote:AurorusVox, if scum really wanted to rob graves, couldn't they just do that to the other players that are dead? :? I don't get it.
Only LB is "dead" atm. Fate and RC aren't "dead" yet, they're soulless. Dispatching them makes them dead, i.e. they can have their graves robbed, i.e. if we dispatch them we have to commit extra people to robbing graves.

---

NinjaVP: you were not okay with 8 people robbing graves, but you're okay with 7? Is it that big a difference? Why not do one tonight (=3 graverobs/5 people) and save the other for the next night?

---

NinjaFeysal: Or unless their target was warded N0 and so they gave up on it.

Actually,
Mod: do dead people still gain insanities from their own insanity-causing night actions if they were killed before/simultaneous to said action?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”