Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Spoiler: Hu Tao replying to Robbnva which is nearly the entirety of her contribution to the game other than townreading me.
In post 65, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 45, Robbnva wrote: VOTE: hu Tao
But why teddy bear?
In post 70, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 69, Robbnva wrote:
But why teddy bear?
"WHY ME" I found scum Bs and Gs :lol:

Honestly I don't feel like you have tried to engage yet, your content is been lacking so it is a good place to start.
Fry me

And am I the only one you think this of? We are only a few pages in. If not why single me out?
In post 76, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 73, Robbnva wrote:
In post 70, Hu Tao wrote: Fry me

And am I the only one you think this of? We are only a few pages in. If not why single me out?
yeah the old why me fry me, that was immediately what I was reminded of. BUt I haven't played mafia in like 4 years so maybe it is old school lol

You were the one who stood out to me the most, there are others who are attempting to enguage with others in a meaningful way. I am not a fan of Not Mafia, but we have a past and I always scum read them and they are one of the ones who could really push my buttons so for now I am just going to monitor from a distance.
Anyone else?
In post 90, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 82, Robbnva wrote:

yeah the old why me fry me, that was immediately what I was reminded of. BUt I haven't played mafia in like 4 years so maybe it is old school lol

You were the one who stood out to me the most, there are others who are attempting to enguage with others in a meaningful way. I am not a fan of Not Mafia, but we have a past and I always scum read them and they are one of the ones who could really push my buttons so for now I am just going to monitor from a distance.
Anyone else?
not that immediately jumps out at me like you did for some reason. Eventually I will go back and re-read but so far, you are a good vote. Your only game related activity so far is to question the person voting you, you aren't doing anything to progress the game nor are you scum hunting.
I question when someone makes a potential questionable move as you did. No need for me to force myself to fake scum hunting 4 pages in, I'm not scum.
In post 96, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 94, Robbnva wrote:
In post 90, Hu Tao wrote: I question when someone makes a potential questionable move as you did. No need for me to force myself to fake scum hunting 4 pages in, I'm not scum.
is my vote questionable because I voted you or for another reason?
Vote since it was singling me out for things others are doing too
In post 116, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 98, Robbnva wrote:
In post 90, Hu Tao wrote: I question when someone makes a potential questionable move as you did. No need for me to force myself to fake scum hunting 4 pages in, I'm not scum.
who are these others?
People who have barely posted
In post 121, Hu Tao wrote: Why would I need to? Most of the players aren't making posts to advance the game, its barely 5 pages in. So I still don't see that as a valid reason to vote me. But, I see this as not worth talking over since it could be playstyle difference and not worth getting distracted over.
In post 151, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 149, Robbnva wrote: I am not town reading you just for that, your play overall just feels town to me. It's day 1 so reads aren't going to be that strong, anyway. I am also rusty and I am not really used to developing town reads, but I am trying to not fall back into my old habits. That is why I have essentially ignored NM and not going as aggressive on Hu Tao as I would have in the past.
Can you send a scum game of yours? Even if it's awhile ago.
In post 153, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 152, Robbnva wrote: no but you can certainly look though all my accounts and find games. you can find a list of my alts in the ban thread
I'm not doing all that 😭🤣

This is why it is presumed you're Vs Robbnva. I say presumed as you call it a presumption. To most it's a conclusion.

However maybe it's a towntell if not straight township that you don't realise you've been primarily if not entirely pushing on Robbnva or against his push on you. I feel scum HT would clock that and not think to deny it's happening.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Townslip* ship is autocorrect ffs

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 173, RationalMadman wrote: Nobody can be bothered to dig through 14 accounts where your latest has 7.7k characters worth. That's just ridiculous to demand.
I meant posts not characters. Brainfart.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 163, Roden wrote:
In post 158, RationalMadman wrote:
Spoiler: Robbnva
In post 150, Robbnva wrote: man I forget how slow games on this site can be. Some sites have 48 hour days which is too fast but 2 weeks is definitely too slow.

Then help to end it faster.
In post 159, RationalMadman wrote: By getting a good vote reasoning and pushing the wagon.
In post 160, RationalMadman wrote: Pressure is good, rushing isn't. Pressure can end days faster if done right.
I don't think we're going to get anywhere as long as this discussion keeps going tbh. You're kind of the center of attention and everyone is either just spectating, commentating, or trying to challenge your strategy, and there isn't much alignment-indicative content being made because of that. I think it would be best to drop the argument altogether and focus on giving reads and making a serious vote.

What do you make of the current game state? Do you think scum is trying to lay low right now? Do you think Robb vs Hu Tao is TvS or TvT?
I don't get how I'm meant to guess that.

All 3 could be lurking absolutely but 2 of 3 could be (semi)active. No way to tell yet.

I outed my reads already, did you miss it?

HT I nullread until her not realising she's been after Robbnva. Now she leans Town. The reason I nullread her beforehand is she's operating in a strange way Vs her typical games. She's frequently active in this Normal games section (which is the primary section I like to skimread games of on the rare occasion I bother with this site) and usually waits until later into a DP to attack someone.

Her not registering that she has been defensive and inadvertently attacking Robbnva's towncred is a towntell to me since maybe she just felt a strong urge to defend.

From some things I have seen of Jackson Virgo, he is active no matter what his alignment is. That's a sheer given. Others are townreading him too readily, he'd do all he's done so far as Scum. However, I think he is Town because what he specifically said in response to my no elimination post is something that leaves me open to reply and scumtell or towntell based on how I react to it. This neutrality is how I see his townself acting there more than his scumself, for sure.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

I scumread Robbnva so far but it's not a strong one. I have no strong scumreads yet, I reckon HY Vs Robb is TvS or TvT both viable. SvS is obviously unlikely especially as HT led to Robb revealing his other accounts, that seems too naturally flowing to bs SvS interactions.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:28 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

HT not HY

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 5:03 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 175, RationalMadman wrote:
Spoiler: Hu Tao replying to Robbnva which is nearly the entirety of her contribution to the game other than townreading me.
But why teddy bear?
In post 70, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 69, Robbnva wrote:
But why teddy bear?
"WHY ME" I found scum Bs and Gs :lol:

Honestly I don't feel like you have tried to engage yet, your content is been lacking so it is a good place to start.
Fry me

Anyone else?
In post 90, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 82, Robbnva wrote:

Anyone else?
not that immediately jumps out at me like you did for some reason. Eventually I will go back and re-read but so far, you are a good vote. Your only game related activity so far is to question the person voting you, you aren't doing anything to progress the game nor are you scum hunting.
I question when someone makes a potential questionable move as you did. No need for me to force myself to fake scum hunting 4 pages in, I'm not scum.
In post 116, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 98, Robbnva wrote:
who are these others?
People who have barely posted
In post 121, Hu Tao wrote: Why would I need to? Most of the players aren't making posts to advance the game, its barely 5 pages in. So I still don't see that as a valid reason to vote me. But, I see this as not worth talking over since it could be playstyle difference and not worth getting distracted over.
In post 151, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 149, Robbnva wrote: I am not town reading you just for that, your play overall just feels town to me. It's day 1 so reads aren't going to be that strong, anyway. I am also rusty and I am not really used to developing town reads, but I am trying to not fall back into my old habits. That is why I have essentially ignored NM and not going as aggressive on Hu Tao as I would have in the past.
Can you send a scum game of yours? Even if it's awhile ago.
In post 153, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 152, Robbnva wrote: no but you can certainly look though all my accounts and find games. you can find a list of my alts in the ban thread
I'm not doing all that 😭🤣

This is why it is presumed you're Vs Robbnva. I say presumed as you call it a presumption. To most it's a conclusion.

However maybe it's a towntell if not straight township that you don't realise you've been primarily if not entirely pushing on Robbnva or against his push on you. I feel scum HT would clock that and not think to deny it's happening.
Understandable. Usually when people say TvS or TvT it's 2 people scumreading each other. I'm just trying to be able to read Robb so I don't see it that way.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 173, RationalMadman wrote: Nobody can be bothered to dig through 14 accounts where your latest has 7.7k characters worth. That's just ridiculous to demand.
Well I wasn’t demanding anyone do it. Hu was the one expecting me to do it and I certainly wasn’t going to help her meta dive me, especially when I’m not a fan of meta anyway.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 170, awesomeming327 wrote: @halfasleep: why does [you as scum] apply to rational? rational has a very noticeably distinct playstyle.

seems fabricated. It really feels like she's deciding the read direction first and then finding evidence to support it rather than looking at behavior and then deciding what alignment it indicates
this argument doesn't feel like an argument a townie makes
So why not vote half? Or me? Since you scum read me also.
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 am

Post by Charles510 »

Page 8 already? Let me catch up later today and come up with some reads.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:41 am

Post by Robbnva »

Mod, can we get prods on Jackson Virgo and KayJayQue?

Jackson hasn't posted on over 48 hours and KayJay is 7 minutes away from being 48 hours.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:17 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

No you
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Just finished work catching up now

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I feel personally insulted every time someone says my name with a space

wiki // GTKAS
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am

Post by Robbnva »

My apologies. I’ll try and remember going forward. Just a force of habit.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:36 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Pretty sure we are waiting on a replacement anyway
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Robbnva »

Who else is being replaced? We’ve already had one replacement.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 am

Post by halfasleep »

can't read shit in this game lol. ming feels town to me but that's all i got.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 am

Post by T3 »

RM is town for reasons Roden stated
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Blackstar hasn't posted yet. I'm assuming they are being replaced
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by T3 »

Halfasleep’s vote of RM is bad faith

I don’t really see any critical thinking ig
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 170, awesomeming327 wrote: @halfasleep: why does [you as scum] apply to rational? rational has a very noticeably distinct playstyle.

seems fabricated. It really feels like she's deciding the read direction first and then finding evidence to support it rather than looking at behavior and then deciding what alignment it indicates
this argument doesn't feel like an argument a townie makes
Agreed
Although, this type of read isn’t that uncommon among town, like the after-the fact justification
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I agree it's a bad vote. But maybe too bad to be scum
LoveKilling
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by LoveKilling »

Its an early vote by Halfasleep, she might not think this is townie enough to remove to early vote on HMM.
:] Love :] Killing :]
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Hi, sorry that I haven't posted until now. I never got a link to the game so I didn't know that it started

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”