Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
farside22 wrote:My thoughts on meta is that it is overrated.
Completely agree. And while I say I generally think you act scumilly I also realise that this is just how you play - hence me not voting you right now.
If I might paraphrase:
That conversation wrote: Farside: Meta is bad
Admiral: I agree, that's why I'm employing a meta right now.

*Several posts later*

Admiral: Hi guys! Still using a meta.
Now if I might question:

Huh?
That paraphrasing was wrong. Overrated != bad. It just means that you shouldn't put too much stock in it, which is what TheAdmiral pointed out.

Vote count!

DarlaBlueeyes - 2 (xyzzy, vivian darkblaam)
farside - 2 (Lord Gurgi, falcone)
nonny - 1 (Mariyta)
Mariyta - 2 (Mirth, farside)

12 alive, 7 to lynch!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Mirth wrote:Admiral: Mith is not in this game. I am voting her because I believe it is the best place for my vote for the time being. She is acting scummy enough to warrant attention. I cannot say yet whether she is scummy enough to merit a lynch as it is only page 7 and we spent lots of the first few pages just joking. So not very much content yet.
whooops @ the name thing!

Fair enough on the vote. It is day one I suppose.

@ vivdark: when I say that meta is overrated I mean I overrated as a way to tell if someone is scum or town in a certain game. Mainly because people generally play in a similar way, but even if they don't they might have a legitimate reason for it (they aren't able to get on as much, they are learning or trying out something new etc.). I'm not going to ignore the games I've played with farside, but at the same time I'm not going to claim I can "read her like a book" or that "she's obvscum cos she said the same thing in this other game where she was scum" or something like that.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Mirth »

Nonny: if you had to pick someone to lynch right this instant, who would you pick and why?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Falcone »

Since no one (except for Lord Gurgi) seems to agree with me that farside22 is suspicious, there's not much point in me keeping my vote on her anymore. She's participating, so we'll have plenty to look back on should we need to re-examine her on a later Day.

I find it baffling that so many people are reluctant to vote, or even give their opinions on the game.

Spacecase
has managed to express an opinion on exactly zero other players. In fact all he has done is some sterile mafia theory discussion.

Nonny
random-voted Darla, then jumped of her wagon without much meaningful comment on it. Hasn’t expressed suspicion or trust of any other player.

Xyzzy
random-voted Darla, then didn’t post for a long time. In his last post says he “dislikes” farside22’s generalizations, says Mariyta is probably protown and then says “he’s extremely neutral on most people”. This last comment seems very odd to me, since I think there’s enough to comment on. Xyzzy’s vote is still on Darla, but he hasn’t commented on her bandwagon.

FaerieLord
hasn’t contributed very much either. She random-voted Lord Gurgi, then “forgot” to unvote when stating she believed the claim. She says I’m “stretching” in my attack on farside22. FaerieLord, do you think I’m suspicious for my discussion with farside22?

ThAdmiral
isn’t voting, but is actually contributing relatively well. ThAdmiral, who do you think is most suspicious at the moment?

Darla
random-voted first Lord Gurgi, then xyzzy, but hasn’t made a serious vote yet. Any chance the long post you promised on Wednesday is still coming?

Unvote: farside22

Vote: Spacecase
FoS: xyzzy
FoS: nonny
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Explain how you chose who to vote/fos off that list?
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Mirth wrote:Admiral: Mith is not in this game. I am voting her because I believe it is the best place for my vote for the time being. She is acting scummy enough to warrant attention. I cannot say yet whether she is scummy enough to merit a lynch as it is only page 7 and we spent lots of the first few pages just joking. So not very much content yet.
whooops @ the name thing!

Fair enough on the vote. It is day one I suppose.

@ vivdark: when I say that meta is overrated I mean I overrated as a way to tell if someone is scum or town in a certain game. Mainly because people generally play in a similar way, but even if they don't they might have a legitimate reason for it (they aren't able to get on as much, they are learning or trying out something new etc.). I'm not going to ignore the games I've played with farside, but at the same time I'm not going to claim I can "read her like a book" or that "she's obvscum cos she said the same thing in this other game where she was scum" or something like that.
Fair enough. I overreacted.

All of Falcone's recently posted suspicions hinge around the target not participating to the fullest. Why no Mariyta?
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Falcone »

Mirth wrote:Explain how you chose who to vote/fos off that list?
Isn't that obvious? Spacecase, nonny and xyzzy have made far less useful contributions than all the others, Spacecase is the worst of the three. I'm not actually suspicious of ThAdmiral and Darla, as should be quite clear from my previous post, and just a little of FaerieLord.
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:All of Falcone's recently posted suspicions hinge around the target not participating to the fullest. Why no Mariyta?
I took the five people who aren't voting and added xyzzy, since his is (presumably) still a random vote.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 am

Post by nonny »

Mirth wrote:Nonny: if you had to pick someone to lynch right this instant, who would you pick and why?
Basically thus far, as falcone pointed out, I'm not finding anything overly suspicous, nor anything overly town. Though I don't see how that deserves an FOS, I play rather caustiously. Though if you asked me to pick at this point it would almost be random. There has been good discussion but not many slips or anything that caught my eye. So far the juice seems to have been meta gaming which I don't really like to implement.
Mirth wrote:Scum don't always wagon jump at random for oppurtunisms sake. I know that I don't do this when I'm scum. Neither do a lot of other players.
I do find this post rather scummy though. Mostly for the second line. Why did you feel the need to say your play style as scum? When poeple pull stuff like that it bugs me almost more than in newbie games where they start off saying "I'm vanilla townie" This would bring up WIFOM. But with this line it does seem you are trying to say "if i was scum i would be doing this" or "I can't be scum cause I'm not doing this" which leads to "I'm town because I was nice enough to tell you how I play or don't play as scum and why would I do that if I was scum?" Which is rather scummy I think. You could have had that statement letigatmatly without the second line, still would have functioned. That line served no purpose towards your point.
*insert bad joke here*
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Mirth »

Actually I don't care what you think my alignment is, I just really dislike it when people underestimate scum,regardless of what side I happen to be on. I'm not saying "I can't be scum because I'm not doing this." Very well could be regardless of what I'm doing. Just don't think wagon jumping for wagon jumpings sake is a scum tell based on both observation and personal experience. Take what you will from that.

You said before you were going to do a reread on 5 pages, why did you think a reread was necessary and what did you conclude from it?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:55 am

Post by nonny »

I already re-read the game. And I did so because it was moving faster than I was keeping up with it. I didn't find anything in particular but rather just answered questions directed at me and other such things. I didn't find anything new really to point out, which is disappointing.
*insert bad joke here*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm a bit behind and will be out most of tomorrow. I will have something on Monday.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

nonny wrote:
Mirth wrote:Scum don't always wagon jump at random for oppurtunisms sake. I know that I don't do this when I'm scum. Neither do a lot of other players.
I do find this post rather scummy though. Mostly for the second line. Why did you feel the need to say your play style as scum?
I think it's there to act as evidence based off personal experience to support the claim. I don't really see anything scummy in it.
Falcone wrote:
ThAdmiral
isn’t voting, but is actually contributing relatively well. ThAdmiral, who do you think is most suspicious at the moment?
Darla captured my attention early (no, not with her vibrant eyes) by going pretty hard after the miller. This quote in particular seems a bit off for me:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I didn't mean now.

Jeez.

If i did don't you think I would have voted him?

and I DID say, "If no one else proves scummier" meaning after a lot more discussion.

Damn you women are jumpy. xD

All I am saying is that after we've exhausted d1, if no one is REALLY scummy, that LG would be the best lynch, because its win win either way.

If he is lying we hit scum, If he isn't, we rid ourselves of the Future WIFOM argument and don't lynch a PR.
But it seems she doesn't want to talk about that topic any more so I'm not going to strangle a dead horse.

I'm also rather, well suspicious isn't the right word...I think it's funny that you (falcone) are doing the most talking, the most analysis, and throwing around the most suspicion yet your vote ends up as, essentially, a lurker vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Mirth »

Why this is true, half the players are pretty much lurkers.

Sooooo throwing out a question, same thing I asked Nonny, to all of you: if you had to pick a person to lynch right this instant who would it be and why?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I would like to remind you all that this game has three week auto deadlines. The deadline for this day is August 7.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Mirth »

Mod: I don't suppose you'd consider extending the deadline, pretty please with sugar on top?

You've got like a week and a half to reach a lynch. I may re-evaluate in a week if more people pm me.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:11 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Same as farside here. This weekend was crazy, I'll catch up on Monday
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Spacecase »

Alright a little piece of input from what I read in the past few pages.

Farside22: Really hard to figure out if she is scummy or not due to her game play. Which makes it hard for me at least to make an assessment.

Falcone: You seem to be running the conversation which is kinda scary. It's a plausible thought to say that he could be a scum figure.

FaerireLord: Kinda suspicious that you are defending Farside22. That's all i need to say about that

I hope that helps somewhat to what my perspectives are. Sorry for the lack of posting. I have been under the weather lately and I hope to get better
Get Lynched!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Mirth »

You think he's scummy for actually playing? WTH? Can you also answer my question please?
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Spacecase »

No it's not exactly scummy but, there is always the perspective that the scum is running the conversation which doesn't lead to good things. Am I right or wrong?
Get Lynched!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Mirth »

Your logic doesn't follow here. "It's not exactly scummy"? So actually playing could be scummy? You don't know if he's scum or not, unless you're scum yourself, so you can't say if his talking is good or bad, am I right or wrong. (And as for scum running the conversation, I don't see this as necessarily bad if it means there is at least some sort of conversation going on)

Also, why did you ignore my question yet again?
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Spacecase »

I don't recall your question and I'm just saying that we should be somewhat weary of everybody. We still have no clue who is what.
Get Lynched!
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well I'd kill Spacecase, otherwise xyzzy. They aren't helping the town, and I doubt they will be lynched for it. By fire be purged and all that.

Anyway, can we get everyone to give a top 3 scumlist and townlist? Anyone who puts themselves on their townlist I will vote for.

Scum
1. Farside22
2. FaerieLord
3. Nonny

Town
1. ThAdmiral
2. Elvis_Knits
3. Mirth

That's it. Maybe this will start some decent discussion.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Mirth »

Mirth wrote:Why this is true, half the players are pretty much lurkers.

Sooooo throwing out a question, same thing I asked Nonny, to all of you: if you had to pick a person to lynch right this instant who would it be and why?
That question. Please answer it.

LG, I refuse to give a townlist as that would only help scum, and am not happy with you for asking for it. In light of the last few posts, my possibly scum list looks as follows:

Tied for 1st: Spacecase/Mariyta
Tied for 3rd: LG/Admiral (for recent post and defending Mariyta, respectively)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Sorry, didn't know that was taboo.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Mirth »

Yet you've been on site 4 years?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”