My Little Pony: Friendship is Redemption (Over)

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Messanger Role

Has eight pages of paper - each page can fit 200 characters
Can send a letter each night using as many pages as they wish, can leave blank pages to write back

Sent to Vi Night One, leaves one page:

"I See You.

~Discord's faithfulest subject~"

(six pages left)

Send to Salamence20 N2, leaves one page

This is Derpy Hooves aka Rarity sending you a letter! Since scum are obviously going to kill you and my ability is to send/receive messages, please tell me who you investigated and what result you got. This can leave us with the last scum tomorrow or an innocent. Now if a supposed doctor does protect you, then you can confirm that I sent this letter to you, which would also clear me as you are confirmed town. (I will let the town know who I am, obviously)

Last night I sent a letter to Vi saying "I see you", ...she did not respond. I'm leaving you a sheet of paper to respond to me. Keep it brief if you can, you can only use 200 characters.~

~Discords Faithfulest Servant~

(one page left)

N2 the following was received from Vi

←VT
Sudo|Trixie scum
Ruffie 552|Sala 278|Pie 89|Shmu 831|DJ 43/99|Konowa 99? Town
Rarity,Charlie,Feysal remain (scum→Town)

YouTube "Phantasmagoria Trues Go Straight" if Discord mood music required

Sent to DJ P0n-3 N3

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

(out of paper)
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Post by BBmolla »

Messenger is spelled with an e btw <_<
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Feysal »

I have a few more things to say.

In post 1646, Konowa wrote:Open question to players in game: I have realized my endgame sucks, what obvious improvement, aside activity, should I work on?

Do your homework.

Do you know why I was convinced that you and Trixie were Friendship together on your last day alive? Not because of your activity. I know better than most how unreliable a tell lurking is. It was because you both completely ignored everything I said in my defense, except for the few things you twisted into scumtells. Neither of you showed any effort to evaluate me or my play, you just kept talking about wagon analysis as if it had any value as evidence. I invited you to look at my meta. Did you? If you had, maybe you would have seen what CES did, what I expect anyone who knows me would have seen, namely that I was as obviously town as I am likely to get. I pointed out my defense of Katsuki and Shmugen as an obvious town motivated action. Did you ever even consider it? If I was the only survivor of my team, there is no way in hell I would rise in defense of two ripe mislynches and draw attention to myself instead. You never commented on any of this. Instead you and Trixie looked like you were desperate to lynch me before I convinced the players who were listening that I was town.

It now occurs to me that part of my rage was misplaced. Since it was in fact Trixie who was town in endgame, it means she actually believed that WIFOM nonsense she spewed. It is damned insulting that you would sooner believe that I was
completely out of my mind
than trust me.

In post 1672, DJ P0n-3 wrote:As for me: I originally intended to reveal my main at the end of the game, but with the backlash to my play, I have reconsidered, and instead I would just like to retire this alt, without anyone
else
knowing who I am. :(

So you cannot deal with the consequences and choose to hide. Fine. This means that in every future pony game I will be obligated to tear every player not in this game into bloody ribbons. Sooner or later one of them is going to be you.

In this game I restrained myself for days, and for what?
I'm through with being nice.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

Post by Feysal »

With that out of the way, there is a personal matter of some importance I wish to discuss.

In post 496, Feysal wrote:It is interesting that you noted my posts being carefully worded, since there is more truth to that than you can possibly know. I had a look at the old My Little Pony Mafia for meta on Charlie, and while reading I came across something else, a post of mine where I hinted at the reason, but never expanded on. There, it is out now. Now it remains to be seen if anyone figures out what I'm rambling about here.

I had decided to explain this only when I had no active games. My other game is still ongoing, but I have already flipped, so the time is now. But before I do, I have a question.

Did anyone even wonder about this? Do any of you think you figured it out?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Faraday »

I thought you were hinting at being autistic. Was that it? (I was following along, no wait I'm Dj Pon3...well obv not but w/e)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1679, Faraday wrote:I thought you were hinting at being autistic. Was that it? (I was following along, no wait I'm Dj Pon3...well obv not but w/e)

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by chamber »

You are secretly a mafia playing A.I. built by jeep?
Taking a break from the site.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 1680, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 1679, Faraday wrote:I thought you were hinting at being autistic. Was that it? (I was following along, no wait I'm Dj Pon3...well obv not but w/e)

I've no idea what you're using ellipses for. Raymond's autistic in Rain Man, if that was it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

(And if you're referring to the bluntness or something, well I figured it was obvious and since Feysal put it out there I figured he'd not mind.)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

This is relevant:

[quote="Nexus]Fuck you Faraday[/quote]

I should of figured after you called me stupid
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't understand how Nexus jokingly telling me to fuck off is relevant, I must confess. :p
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Faraday »

Oh. You've probably never seen me play. Lol, no it's not me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I was so confused there for a while lol

It's pretty obviously not Faraday.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Confused as to why Salamence was insulting you, not as to you being DJ.

Just wanted to clarify so I feel good about myself.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Brandi »

It would be literally impossible for DJ to be Faraday.
Faraday is a god among mere mortals when it comes to Mafia <_<
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Brandi »

I do wish I knew who DJ was, not beacuse I'm angry at him/her... just because I'd like to know who the guy fucking with me all game was. It's quite rude to leave a lady hanging like that, after I drew you that picture! =P
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1679, Faraday wrote:I thought you were hinting at being autistic. Was that it?

Yes. That was it.
I am autistic.

I thought the hint I gave was a good one. Rain Man is the only creative work I know with an autistic main character. I also thought that if anyone had seen the movie, it would give them an idea of what it is like.

It should be obvious that I'm not a typical case. Clearly there is nothing wrong with my language skills and never has been, and while I'm not the most social of people, I can interact and converse with people easily. My problems are with compulsive, repetitive and ritualistic behavior, and an obsession with detail.

The first of these is probably the easiest to explain. Imagine having a bookshelf. You accidentally push one of the books deeper into the shelf than the others. Most of you would probably leave it be. Some of you would take it out and put it back to form a straight line. I would take out the entire row of books and put them back in one by one, ensuring that the line was straight with a ruler. This is of course only an example, and I have done the strangest things at different times. I once
combed the threads at the ends of my carpet
. Thank goodness I've mostly gotten over this, although I am still bothered by the sight of things like twisted cables.

The second is where it gets worse. By repetitive behavior I mean repeating actions that serve no other purpose than the repetition itself. These actions are similar to rituals, and constantly change. Something I do countless times every day is place my hands in my lap in specific positions before resuming whatever I'm working on. There have been numerous variations of this over the years. Explaining why I do this is difficult, but in the end the repetition is relaxing and helps me clear my mind. I can find tasks enjoyable that would bore most people out of their minds.

Whatever you thought about when I mentioned ritualistic behavior, you were wrong. Rituals are sequences of actions preceding certain tasks, often complex and changing slowly. The bad thing about them is that their complexity tends to grow over time, and they become even more difficult under stress, resulting in frequent failures and even greater levels of stress. I used to have one for getting out of bed where I would kick the blanket straight prior to getting up, but I've been able to abandon it for the most part. Other rituals have been far more complicated, such as when starting something I felt particularly passionate or obsessed about. My starting point would be in the living room, from which I would walk to my room with exactly sixteen steps. I would stop at a specific spot marked by the pattern of my carpet, and later by that spot becoming visibly worn. There I would correct my position with further five steps and stand at attention, my hands at my sides. Then I would take seven more steps to my desk and stand in front of my chair, which I had to leave in a certain position and angle relative to the desk. I would sit down while crossing my arms in a single movement, then scoot to the desk, and if I managed to do everything perfectly, I could relax and concentrate on whatever I wanted to do. I dare you to laugh. I'm fully aware of how ridiculous this is, but there is nothing funny about being compelled to do this kind of thing. I did not even mention every detail. If I failed to perform the ritual to perfection, I would start to worry about things like stride length and the positions of my fingers as my stress kept rising.

I bet that sounded pretty bad, but it is not the worst part. Obsessing over details is the worst part.

I like to think that having an exceptional attention to detail can be useful, except when I go completely overboard. This, more than any of the above, is the bane of my activity in online mafia, and every kind of creative hobby I have ever loved. When I post, the process starts with planning what I want to write, and I have significant portions practically memorized before I even begin to type. After I do I read over what I have written, then rewrite and reread it. Often several times. The worst part is I don't always even change anything between drafts, but I start over because a single typo breaks my concentration. Another thing I pay attention to is that my fingers press the center of the key. And these are by no means the only distractions I'm vulnerable to. A tiny fly in my field of vision, a stain on the computer monitor, or literally
nothing at all
can force me to start writing the current line or paragraph from the beginning. Note that I'm not just using the word for emphasis, I am capable of working up my stress level for no apparent reason whatsoever. It is simply not enough that the end result is perfect, the actual act has to be perfect also. This means I get stuck on details no one else knows are there, which one could say don't even exist.

As if that was not bad enough, I have a way of turning even the simplest tasks into major exertions. For example, I like moving the mouse cursor in straight lines, which is why I often drag it along the edges of the screen. Imagine trying to reply to a post when just
clicking the reply button
requires a contest of willpower. You try to force your hand to move the mouse, but your fingers twitch, your hand jerks, while your nerves get torn to shreds. For some reason moving the mouse to the right is considerably harder than to the left. I have no clue why, it just is.

So now you know. Despite my low post rate I spend easily as much or more time on mafia games than the average player, I just spend it struggling with my own idiosyncracies instead of something productive. Why have I never explained this before, you may ask? For one thing, this is not something that is exactly easy to talk about, in fact I used to be ashamed of it. Outside immediate family there are only a handful of people who know this about me. And the worst part is that I know I am capable of so much more and hate making excuses. Links to my offsite games have always been available on my wiki page, but I doubt anyone here has ever looked at them. Today I want you to look at this, the activity overview of my first mafia game ever. That is me at the top, leaving everyone else in my dust. Of course that was a different site, with fast-paced games where conversations often resembled real time chat with many short posts. I also outlasted all other prolific posters, being the last town player left in endgame. But none of these factors come even close to explaining my fall from grace. The major difference was that in my first games I was completely relaxed and carefree, and my problems had no effect yet on my play. Somewhere down the line my passion became corrupted by obsession, and with it came the problems.

I have no idea what you should think or do about this. But at the very least I want you to know that no matter how frustrated you get with my inactivity, you can never come even close to my own frustration with my inability to post.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Post by Tierce »

Thank you for sharing, Feysal. It explains some things.

I have a question, if you don't mind talking about this further. As far as I know, your job involves coding in some form or another; how do compulsive behavior and obsession with detail factor in it and affect your work?

Feysal wrote:For example, I like moving the mouse cursor in straight lines, which is why I often drag it along the edges of the screen. Imagine trying to reply to a post when just
clicking the reply button
requires a contest of willpower. You try to force your hand to move the mouse, but your fingers twitch, your hand jerks, while your nerves get torn to shreds. For some reason moving the mouse to the right is considerably harder than to the left. I have no clue why, it just is.
Tying this to the above section: have you considered editing some CSS (via Stylish or similar) to see if it would help with this in particular? Alternatively, using the Tab key or equivalent so you don't have to move the mouse so much?

(Tidbit of trivia: the ancient Romans were completely obsessed with ritual. They would repeat rituals over and over and over again to get them right, not so much because they believed the ritual helped with anything, but because the ritual itself had to be perfectly performed or things would go horribly wrong. So yes, I do know what ritual is.)
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Post by Charlie »

Allright, firing up the orbital Friendship canon. It's time to make friends.
Feysal to check PM
Kindness
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by Tierce »

Something else:
In post 1578, Rarity wrote:Sorry all, I need to be replaced. I accidentally learned information that I shouldn't. I wont get into it but I'll be PMing the mod so he can know what happened.
:(
Don't do this. If you have to be replaced, don't explain things like this. This essentially confirmed your slot as Town. Yes, you could be scum accidentally learning about a PR, but the odds are much lower.

I replaced out of Chrono Trigger Resurrection in a similar situation. My slot was lynched the next Day, and it was really irking to see people accuse me of tactical replacement, but it is not up to the player (or to the mod, IMO) to share information about the reasons for such a replacement while the game is ongoing. Feel free to explain that you're replacing out due to prolonged illness/vacations if that is the case--that does not affect the gamestate--but force replacements due to escaped information are much trickier to handle in a manner that doesn't affect game integrity, and thus should only be explained to the living players after the game is over.

That is not to criticize what you did, just a request for you to not do it in the future and an explanation why.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by Brandi »

Yeah, I didn't realize until after I had posted it how it sounded potentially confirming. I regret not being more careful with my wording. I was really stressed out about the situation and just wasn't thinking properly. Sorry, I'll definitely be more mindful in the future.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Post by Shmugen »

I want to know all the secrets.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1695, Brandi wrote:Yeah, I didn't realize until after I had posted it how it sounded potentially confirming. I regret not being more careful with my wording. I was really stressed out about the situation and just wasn't thinking properly. Sorry, I'll definitely be more mindful in the future.
*hug* I know it can be frustrating. You pour your all into a game and then realize you can't continue due to a factor outside your control. Believe me, I vented long and hard to Kdub after what happened in Chrono Trigger, I know how you must have felt. <3 That's why I'm saying it's not criticizing you for what you posted, I know how frustrating it can get.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I'm DJ P0n-3. This entire post was completely true.

In post 1672, DJ P0n-3 wrote:I suppose I should speak up..

To chamber: I appreciate you replacing out because you discovered my main. I'm sorry about that; it was not my intention to cause anyone to have less fun, much less have to replace out, because of me. It was an experiment with a new play style for me, and I feared it would be ruined if people found out who I was. I want to thank you personally for your integrity.

To everyone else: I would like to set the matter straight about my play during the final day. My final vote was definitely not delayed with the purpose of showboating or rubbing anything in anyone's face. If that's how it came across, I am truly sorry and I truly did not mean to upset anyone. I was just worried and didn't want to screw anything up after having worked so hard for the past few months. Like RBD said, I really
was
worried that Feysal was possibly vengeful. Because usually the people with the bright ideas in endgame about quirky power roles or certain mechanics either have information that they are in the setup, or want to create fear to accomplish their own ends. Well, Feysal created fear in me. I'm sure you all remember this quickhammer ... which was followed by this vengekill. I did not want a repeat of that, so I tried to play it safe and cover my ass in all cases.

I thought I made it obvious that if Feysal had crossvoted Trixie earlier, I would have hammered more or less immediately. As it was, I waited for quite a while... and he never voted for her, so I eventually got tired of waiting (and ironically, I specifically remember
not
wanting to look like a jerk in postgame) and I hammered Feysal instead, despite my fears.

I hope this is understandable, and again, I apologize profusely if my actions conveyed anything otherwise.

As for me: I originally intended to reveal my main at the end of the game, but with the backlash to my play, I have reconsidered, and instead I would just like to retire this alt, without anyone
else
knowing who I am. :(

Here is the Friendship QT. Prepare for disappointment; most of it is me trying to help out P.Godot with theory, and trying to speak motivationally to BBmolla and Arugula. Most of the later comments I made (specifically the third paragraph of post 45) were written when I thought our team didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the game. So please read them with that context. Also, I don't know who deleted post 22. I don't even think I ever read it. And of course, there hasn't been a post there for over two months, as there was nobody left to talk to.

To the mod: This game was fun for the most part, but it was extremely nerve-wracking. Thank you for modding, and I appreciate your time and effort putting it together and running it to completion. I also appreciate your discretion regarding my alt. You are a good guy and a good mod.

To my team: Thanks for doing your best. Sometimes that is all you can do. In the end I am just glad I was able to get a win for you guys. It certainly took long enough and was stressful enough. I had several near-heart attacks throughout the course of this game. This town was very tough to beat.

Anyway, that's probably enough from me...

DJ P0n-3 out

I decided to reveal who I was, because after thinking about it, it really doesn't make a difference if people know. Everyone who wanted really badly to know has already pestered someone else to reveal it anyway~, and I figured it wouldn't be fair to the rest of you not to know. I've already told a few people by PM.

I hope there are no hard feelings, Feysal. I wanted to hammer Trixie, but you never voted for her (I gave you plenty of time...)

And Tierce. I don't know why you would want to blacklist me for this game... if anything it should be exactly the opposite after you read my post quoted above. You even said yourself in the dead QT that "he spent the game showing he is actually capable of playing without making an ass out of himself"... I don't understand what changed. Just because I was playing the ending safe, now you want to blacklist me? You're the only one who mentioned doing that, btw. Was it because you found out who I was? Please try not to let former feelings get in the way of what
should
have been an opportunity for you to see that I'm not really the way I was in the past. I want to be friends.

Oh and Salamence, it's ironic, but I promise I didn't plan it this way. I did
really
want to get you back for Disney Villains mafia though. -__-

If anyone wants to talk to me about it now that it's out in the open who I am...
I'm open to any comments/questions/criticism/complaints, etc.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 1698, UberNinja wrote:
If anyone wants to talk to me about it now that it's out in the open who I am...
I'm open to any comments/questions/criticism/complaints, etc.

Would you prefer your Scummy nom on your main or your alt?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”