Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

farside22 wrote:
confirm vote: buttonman

I have asked you multitude of questions you have ignored thus far
far wrote:If I was scum why would I not shot anyone if I was given the ability?

You posted that at 1:57 pm, You accuse me of ignoring it at 2:25pm. Twenty Eight minuets, thats how long I have to answer your questions? Its the start of the day, I'm being super active (really your claims of me ignoring your posts is quite laughable) desptite the site lagging / erroring like a sack of dog crud. You dismiss what I say as OMGUS for daring to question you and Elvis and repeatedly accuse me of ignoring your question.

So no I wasn't ignoring your questions, however that's a policy I'm revising.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 am

Post by farside22 »

I will write up a case on KOC more but I already had one on reck with his flip flop on day 2 and his next to nothing scum hunting is already noted by me.
I still want button to answer my questions he seems to dodge and then think he answered everything just fine.
Also If I feel someone is scum that was imprinted they could fire at someone tonight.
I don't like someone who says they would vig someone and they get a vig abiliaty. Also reck mentioned vigs on day 2 and something about if town had a vig. I need to check on that again.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
farside22 wrote:
confirm vote: buttonman

I have asked you multitude of questions you have ignored thus far
far wrote:If I was scum why would I not shot anyone if I was given the ability?

You posted that at 1:57 pm, You accuse me of ignoring it at 2:25pm. Twenty Eight minuets, thats how long I have to answer your questions? Its the start of the day, I'm being super active (really your claims of me ignoring your posts is quite laughable) desptite the site lagging / erroring like a sack of dog crud. You dismiss what I say as OMGUS for daring to question you and Elvis and repeatedly accuse me of ignoring your question.

So no I wasn't ignoring your questions, however that's a policy I'm revising.
that one was 28 minutes ago the rest where all last night.

Also
Any chance you going to answer my questions any time soon or do you plan on continuing stalling?

I already answered that last night?
I did say questions and I pointed to the fact last night I asked questions you missed and didn't get to.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 am

Post by farside22 »

You dismiss what I say as OMGUS for daring to question you and Elvis and repeatedly accuse me of ignoring your question.

Mostly me on this again. Your case against me is what again?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
You dismiss what I say as OMGUS for daring to question you and Elvis and repeatedly accuse me of ignoring your question.

Mostly me on this again. Your case against me is what again?
Sorry for the triple post but where did I say it was OMGUS for questioning us. I was talking about your post in wanting to lynch one of us.
lynching is not questioning as far as I was told :roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 am

Post by farside22 »

So just reading KOC in isolation he came in giving a big post on the game thus far and then nothing much else.
So I have some things that concerned me that KOC has ignored completely.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.

= I don't agree with this. I think farside has defended herself adroitly. EK saying farside hasn't =/= farside not doing it. Elvis' whole "let's just agree you said what you said and I said what I said" shit feels like an attempt to excuse some misrep.
Before this post he imprints me but later states the following:

...I'm not going to get my SC lynch today am I? =/
-sigh- Very well. unvote; Vote No Lynch
imprint: Socrates I don't necessarily agree with his opinions on certain players, but he's coming across as a solid town read for me.
unimprint: farside22 Not as sure about you as VMD was.

How come no imprint votes from CTD/SC yet?
Both EK and myself have asked him why he posted the VMD was involved in the imprint when it was himself that did the imprint and it's an about face with no reasoning.

Finally with SC asking people to imprint me this is what he has to say
You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum. Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two, and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want. I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
Mind you most of his big post was calling EK scum with SC town so this post makes no sense at all.

KOC has been nonexistant to wishy washy with no reasoning so far. He has gone back a bit on what he said with his first post to this post and doesn't expand on anything or any reason so far.

IE: Koc looks scummy mostly for backtracking, non contribution and lurking.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My top choices to lynch today are Buttonmen or KoC
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:My top choices to lynch today are Buttonmen or KoC
What do you think about what I and soc said in regards to imprints and what is your view now?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure what I want to do yet with imprints. I am not the best at strategy so I need to work with other people to arrive at a plan.

I don't know why you don't want an imprint farside. The whole "I'm afraid of being a patsy" thing could still happen to you. If you've been imprinted once scum can still argue that you're scum who got a kill imprint, lied about it, then used it another night. What I mean is, if someone dies on any future night you can still be suspected. And nobody really suspects you anyway except OMGUSSCUMButtonmen.

So... yeah. I think that people who have already been imprinted, AND who we think are town, should be first up to be imprinted again. Because it keeps the pool of possible scumkillaz smaller.

Farther than that, not sure what I think yet.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, bumping so Buttonmen doesn't forget.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle.
elvis_knits wrote:Buttonmen, please explain why you changed from thinking SC is scum, to thinking I am scum and SC is town to the extent that you would have protected SC and vigged me. What specifically happened that made this change for you?
Talk nerdy to me.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:17 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

elvis_knits wrote:Also, bumping so Buttonmen doesn't forget.

elvis_knits wrote:Buttonmen, please explain why you changed from thinking SC is scum, to thinking I am scum and SC is town to the extent that you would have protected SC and vigged me. What specifically happened that made this change for you?
I don't get a super town read on SC, that comment was in response to Farside question of who I would have protected if I was a Doc and I've been fairly open in my opionion that I find you scummy I don't see why your suddenly suprised by it.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

TheButtonmen wrote:

I don't get a super town read on SC, that comment was in response to Farside question of who I would have protected if I was a Doc and I've been fairly open in my opionion that I find you scummy I don't see why your suddenly suprised by it.
Hey so this answer is totally vague and not what I asked you for. You have said for some time that you think SC or me is scum. For a long time you wanted him dead. Now you have flipped to the opposite POV, and I want to know WHY you changed your mind.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm not sure what I want to do yet with imprints. I am not the best at strategy so I need to work with other people to arrive at a plan.

I don't know why you don't want an imprint farside. The whole "I'm afraid of being a patsy" thing could still happen to you. If you've been imprinted once scum can still argue that you're scum who got a kill imprint, lied about it, then used it another night. What I mean is, if someone dies on any future night you can still be suspected. And nobody really suspects you anyway except OMGUSSCUMButtonmen.

So... yeah. I think that people who have already been imprinted, AND who we think are town, should be first up to be imprinted again. Because it keeps the pool of possible scumkillaz smaller.

Farther than that, not sure what I think yet.
Consider this more exhaustion on explaining everything, not getting answers and all my comments about buttonman today I make a great patsy for the scum team.
Sure someone could shoot tonight and cry WIFOM. It's partly the reason I don't think giving someone new a imprint is wise till the town feels 100% about everyone imprinted.

Nice of buttonman to answer your questions at least EK. :P
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I say we imprint the same three people as yesterday and lynch KoC. Here here!
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 am

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:I say we imprint the same three people as yesterday and lynch KoC. Here here!
Why do you want to lynch KOC and why do you think that imprinting the same 3 people is a good idea?
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I typed this up in Word and copied and pasted so I'm sorry the formatting is a little hard to read. This is all from D3 I'm going to read the 5 (or however many there are by then) pages from today tomorrow.

Socrates:“Hammering to cut off discussion is about the lamest point one can make when you consider the fact that the game is functionally nightless. You guys are talking, someone hammers, and then... you guys go on talking.”

Except the discussion was over who to imprint and by hammering SC essentially made a decision for the town to not imprint when it was clear the majority of the town wanted to do so.

xRECKONERx:“And, there's nothing to defend against - I say I changed my mind, you say it was opportunistic scum-hopping. It's he said vs she said. You've got ONE point against me, and somehow I'm your biggest scum candidate? Lol.”

Changing your mind is all well and good but if you don’t have any decent justification for it, it is going to look suspicious.

KoC:“You either think I'm town, and therefore would be willing to imprint me, or think I'm scum, and therefore do not. This isn't a multi faction game, people here are scum or town, and the fact that you've got fence posts up your arse for about half the players in the game at this point is most irksome. You don't think I'm scum - ergo, you must think I am town/leaning town. You *should* want town players imprinted as a townie. Saying "I don't think you're scum, but I won't imprint you" is crazy.”

It is impossible to be 100% certain of someone’s alignment until they are lynched. Also, it has been the town wants to keep the imprint pool small and there could be other players who the town prefers above you.

Elvis:“Of the six people voting for each imprint, we have 5 people occurring on each one:
buttonmen, limerick, KoC, farside, pug
That's pretty interesting that the lists are almost exactly the same.”

I think you’re reading too much into it, although it may be useful if one of them flips scum.

xRECKONERx: ”Actually, I think Elvis is town. If we quicklynch me, please lynch farside after my flip for tunneling soooooooooo hardcore.”

I don’t like this. Also, you’ve mentioned farside tunneling before but I’m still not sure exactly what it is that makes you so sure she is scum.

Elvis:” This should make things easy for you guys. Either me, farside, and SC are the scum who have made a wild flailing gambit to get farside imprinted, or farside is town and the scum don't want her imprinted.”

Why are those the only two options? And why isn’t it possible that people simply want to limit the number of imprints to two.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I am categorically against imprinting anyone today.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Imprinting the same three people over and over again means one of two things:

At least one of them eventually gets an investigative role which can help us out.

or

Scum eventually has to kill, meaning it's one of those three.
green shirt thursdays
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

KoC wrote:You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum.
Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two,
and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want.
I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
KoC wrote:You either think I'm town, and therefore would be willing to imprint me, or think I'm scum, and therefore do not. This isn't a multi faction game, people here are scum or town, and the fact that you've got fence posts up your arse for about half the players in the game at this point is most irksome.
You don't think I'm scum - ergo, you must think I am town/leaning town. You *should* want town players imprinted as a townie. Saying "I don't think you're scum, but I won't imprint you" is crazy.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

My thoughts on KoC are that his post night lurking doesn't look good. Theres been ample material to comment on and the fact that he is just sitting back and watching us fight makes me hells of suspcious. And it's not that he's been absent from MS as he posted in Mish mash yesterday/today.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Sorry for not posting more.
RL has hit me major league style.
Internet hugs would be appreciated.
Will get onto writing something of worth tomorrow.

(if you'd really checked my posting for lurking you'd have seen this in my other Mafia game Button)
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: (if you'd really checked my posting for lurking you'd have seen this in my other Mafia game Button)
TheButtonmen wrote:And it's not that he's been absent from MS as
he posted in Mish mash yesterday/today.
Worded it the way I did on purpose, you were active in your munchkin game
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Pug89 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Imprinting the same three people over and over again means one of two things:

At least one of them eventually gets an investigative role which can help us out.

or

Scum eventually has to kill, meaning it's one of those three.
1. In terms of an investigative imprint it doesn't matter if we imprint the same people or not they will still have the same chance of receiving an investigative imprint. Obviously keeping the pool of imprinted players small is better to limit the number of possibilities if a NK occurs, but I don't think we should necessarily limit ourselves to those three for the rest of the game.

2. Why do scum have to kill (Assuming one of the three even is scum becuase otherwise scum have no NK)? Unless you are also suggesting we NL until an investigative imprint comes up, but I believe you said you wanted to lynch KOC.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

pug is so underwhelming to me
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Buttonmen, you have posted twice since this and not explained why you flipped your stances on me and SC.

Please explain.
elvis_knits wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:

Hey so this answer is totally vague and not what I asked you for. You have said for some time that you think SC or me is scum. For a long time you wanted him dead. Now you have flipped to the opposite POV, and I want to know WHY you changed your mind.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”