curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:10 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

great job Korts....

I was pretty over confident coming out of N3, even with my entire team being replaced. At one point I was the only one on my team who was posting, which really sucked ass. At any rate, I still thought we pretty much had the game in the bag until Day 4....I figured camn was probably a cop or a tracker, because his tunnel visioned attack at one point didnt even make sense...I screwed my claim up, which didnt help my cause at all. After I flipped scum, it was pretty obvious that Ala was scum...but Korts replaced in and did a bang up job. All scum owe their win to Korts.

Des, I was feeling your pain bud. camn needs to learn to not tunnel vision so much. Because he got a result about me, HE got a little over confident and the town listened to him too much (based on him being right about me).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 am

Post by camn »

CKD, Destructor! I didn't have tunnel vision.. I thought Des was pretty much clear.
It was all a mighty gambit to try and tease out the last scum.

I'd love to explain it to you, if you guys are interested. I kind of think it worked. It seemed pretty clear to me that Korts was the last one.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Alabaska J »

whew got over my epic fail in not immediately bussing ckd day four which caused me to be lynched. Sorry about making you sweat it out there Korts :D
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:19 am

Post by camn »

PS.. Nice play Korts, seriously.

Nice game everyone, in fact.
Except BM. Boo for replacing out so far in!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:23 am

Post by destructor »

lol. *waves at Incog*
ckd wrote:Des, I was feeling your pain bud. camn needs to learn to not tunnel vision so much. Because he got a result about me, HE got a little over confident and the town listened to him too much (based on him being right about me).
I remembered that newbie game we played during Day 5 and the valuable lesson it taught me, lol. I think the premise of camn's case could have been good (that I didn't read your posts as scum), but yeah, the tunnel-vision took over and anything I said was only going to incriminate me. I figured the best thing for me to do was to stop fuelling the fire.

Also, is camn a he? :?

Preview edit:
LOL. I had this desperate hope that camn really was pulling a gambit, hoping to keep someone she thought was town alive in endgame, and hopefully convincing scum to keep her alive to push the case. Was that it? It would have been awesome if it was. It was definitely painful though. =D
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:27 am

Post by camn »

THAT WAS TOTALLY IT !!!

When day came I saw your play and thought... "Destructor TOTALLY is picking up what I put down....."

But sadly.. no-one else did :(
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:34 am

Post by destructor »

Nice. It could have worked if you weren't so obviously town. People who are obviously town get killed at night. It happens all the time. =/

Next time.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:50 am

Post by camn »

I figured I would get killed....

I also figured that Scum would Bandwagon you.
But BM was busy NOT PLAYING AT ALL!

Next Time, indeed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:02 am

Post by farside22 »

I figured camn was the cop which explain why I kept protecting her. Too bad I got shot by the vig. Ouch!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Korts »

curiouskarmadog wrote:great job Korts....

I was pretty over confident coming out of N3, even with my entire team being replaced. At one point I was the only one on my team who was posting, which really sucked ass. At any rate, I still thought we pretty much had the game in the bag until Day 4....I figured camn was probably a cop or a tracker, because his tunnel visioned attack at one point didnt even make sense...I screwed my claim up, which didnt help my cause at all. After I flipped scum, it was pretty obvious that Ala was scum...but Korts replaced in and did a bang up job. All scum owe their win to Korts.
Thanks, but way to be hyperbolic :) If anything, I just finished what you guys started. I probably wouldn't have been so shiny all through a game.
camn wrote:It seemed pretty clear to me that Korts was the last one.
Well, thank god I trusted BM's "provisional" NK choice, then. I seriously hadn't read much farther than Day 2 when I sent the choices in... Oh, and on that note. What really helped me early on in the day was destructor changing his mind about me based on not attacking him. I hadn't read the previous day yet when I attacked pop, and I thought for a while you'd be all over me for making such an obvious pass at him...
Alabaska J wrote:whew got over my epic fail in not immediately bussing ckd day four which caused me to be lynched. Sorry about making you sweat it out there Korts :D
Hey, I'd blame BM more :D It was just a little lonely reading the quicktopic thread alone... Oh yeah, on that topic, I think it hasn't been posted yet. If the town's interested, here's the link: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/b376M4TvD7t
camn wrote:PS.. Nice play Korts, seriously.

Nice game everyone, in fact.
Except BM. Boo for replacing out so far in!
Thanks :) I think BM made a wise choice, though. He couldn't have adequately explained his actions last day, and those points were dismissed in face of a replacement.
camn wrote:THAT WAS TOTALLY IT !!!

When day came I saw your play and thought... "Destructor TOTALLY is picking up what I put down....."

But sadly.. no-one else did :(
It probably would've worked had I started my first read with Day 4 and Day 5. My technique's probably flawed, but I always read from the first page onwards so as not to let myself be influenced by later happenings while I'm still mentally in Day 1.
scumchat never die
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 am

Post by killa seven »

camn wrote: It seemed pretty clear to me that Korts was the last one.
Well u made it pretty clear in your posts that des was the last scum :(
I read your posts alot and i never seen anyone above des beingf number one on you suspicion list, if im wrong please correct me.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:44 am

Alabaska J wrote:whew got over my epic fail in not immediately bussing ckd day four which caused me to be lynched. Sorry about making you sweat it out there Korts :D
yeah you should have jumped on early and put me out of my misery.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:45 am

and yes, camn is a she....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by camn »

killa seven wrote:
camn wrote: It seemed pretty clear to me that Korts was the last one.
Well u made it pretty clear in your posts that des was the last scum :(
I read your posts alot and i never seen anyone above des beingf number one on you suspicion list, if im wrong please correct me.
I know I SAID that... but I didn't believe it.

During that time, I saw Des as clear, but I put a lot of heat on him to gauge the reaction of BM and Pop. K7 was clear, which I tried to make very clear.
When pop stayed on the Alabaska lynch.. he seemed pretty clear to me, but I would have liked another investigation to be sure.

And as far as BM making a "wise choice"..... It worked out for scum, but I don't really see replacing out as valid strategy. That would make me insane.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by populartajo »

Thats what happens when I trust so much a woman.... :)
Just kidding. You played well, your reasoning was awesome but I dont understand the gambit because you were the obious NK when CKD was lynched. I also thought that fight was also scum vs town. Sigh.. only 5 more minutes would have been enough to do the optimal play.
Nicely played Korts. You did exactly what it was needed to win.
GG all. Sorry I couldnt win this for the town but I really was tunnel visioned the last two hours of the game.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

camn wrote: And as far as BM making a "wise choice"..... It worked out for scum, but I don't really see replacing out as valid strategy. That would make me insane.
I didnt have the time to read enough to give myself an adequate defence. I wasn't really anticipating Alabaska being killed off before me, and as you can now probably see, my endgame play as scum needs work... :P

I probably should have insisted you were killed earlier. But, i stood by the whole 'brotherly' thing from when i was town. :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

destructor wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Korts....you just did.... F***ING AWESOME! :o

I just completely screwed up in this game, and knew that we needed a fresh face in order to give us a shot. But tbh, i didnt really expect it would make much difference. You did far more than i could have anticipated. Well done! :D

BM
Were you doing that bad? I was pretty sure that everyone alive was ready to lynch me at the start of the day. =/
I just dont think i was well-read enough to handle a situation where it was upto me to get a final mislynch with such a small pool of options. :(

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:37 am

Battle Mage wrote:
camn wrote: And as far as BM making a "wise choice"..... It worked out for scum, but I don't really see replacing out as valid strategy. That would make me insane.
I didnt have the time to read enough to give myself an adequate defence. I wasn't really anticipating Alabaska being killed off before me, and as you can now probably see, my endgame play as scum needs work... :P

I probably should have insisted you were killed earlier. But, i stood by the whole 'brotherly' thing from when i was town. :P

BM
yeah if I recall right, BM didnt want you killed because he thought you would listen to him...but the next day he disappeared and camn was at the wheel. matter of fact (I think)..I wanted to off you the night you tracked me...at any rate, we still won, but I think it could have been smoother.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Sierra »

farside22 wrote:I figured camn was the cop which explain why I kept protecting her. Too bad I got shot by the vig. Ouch!
I shot both docs.. :oops:
It was really a coin toss between you and BMII. I thought BMII was scum, but you pushing for my lynch so hard that day had me thinking you were mafia thinking I was vig or SK and you tried to lynch me out of your way. If only I had stuck with BMII. :(

I liked this game a lot. A semi-open setup like this should definitely be used more often. Thanks for modding, Adel! The only thing I didn't like this game was BM's play. His townie gamble at the end of day 1 turned out really bad for town and is not something I would have done, but it's a valid strategy of course so no complaints there. However, replacing out of a game as a scum tactic is really low and IMO should not even be allowed. Not only does it ruin the concept of the game where you're supposed to be able to catch people on inconsistencies in their play, but it puts an unnecessary burden on the mod too.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 am

yeah, thanks for the game Adel
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Adel »

Thanks! I'm glad some players enjoyed the game. I always get worried that my games aren't fun.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

A James Cagney love scene is one where he lets the other guy last post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”