The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Battle Mage wrote:
~N9V~ wrote:Right now, my vote idleing between BM and Kison. I don't like how the strange occurences took place last night. But BM wanting to lynch a claimed cop, thats just unremarkably scummy.
Unvote
for now, until I can figure out who deserves my vote more.
im obviously missing something here.
this is what i got:

N9V claims cop.
claims guilty investigation on IH.
IH dies and comes up town.

Now, i must be missing something pretty major here, so please spell it out to me. As far as i can see, N9V's claim has been well and truly disproven, barring a miriad of infinitely unlikely circumstances.
The circumstances are a million miles from 'infinitely unlikely.' IH's death scene was kinda mysterious on the subject of his alignment- good reason to suspect, etc, but no firm proof- it didn't say out-and-out that IH was town.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 am

Post by XReyoX »

@Kison: I think n9v is not lying.

@
bird1111
Lowell
Raffles
theopor_COD :

Some input would be appreciated.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by theopor_COD »

XReyoX wrote:@Kison: I think n9v is not lying.

@
bird1111
Lowell
Raffles
theopor_COD :

Some input would be appreciated.
I'm trying to re-read the whole thread currently. There's plenty of stuff to go back and look at, when I've been through everything, I'll post my suspicions as such. MoS turning up scum is at least one thing we can go back and view.

For now however I believe ~n9v~ to be some kind of cop. IH's death scene is puzzling and pretty much unhelpful. I don't want to lynch him currently that's for sure - BM should take a step back I don't understand his gung-ho attitude with regard ~n9v~ it seems to be a metagame issue. Yes ~n9v~ may be insane which casts suspicion at Raffles but until I've re-read 57 odd pages I'm not sure.
The Greg
The Greg
Goon
The Greg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 am

Post by The Greg »

Akbar wrote:-IH is a reverse Godfather, otherwise known as Miller. Not likely, his death certificate made no mention of it. Unlike Alex and MoS that plainly identified their faction.
I think its quite possible that IH was a miller. None of the roles so far except Lycanthrope (MoS) have been explicit, but the flavor of IH's role strongly implies either GF or miller.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

but did it say 'out and out' that he was a Werewolf or Mafia, or whatever N9V claimed to have seen?
NO. :roll:

The Fonz wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
~N9V~ wrote:Right now, my vote idleing between BM and Kison. I don't like how the strange occurences took place last night. But BM wanting to lynch a claimed cop, thats just unremarkably scummy.
Unvote
for now, until I can figure out who deserves my vote more.
im obviously missing something here.
this is what i got:

N9V claims cop.
claims guilty investigation on IH.
IH dies and comes up town.

Now, i must be missing something pretty major here, so please spell it out to me. As far as i can see, N9V's claim has been well and truly disproven, barring a miriad of infinitely unlikely circumstances.
The circumstances are a million miles from 'infinitely unlikely.' IH's death scene was kinda mysterious on the subject of his alignment- good reason to suspect, etc, but no firm proof- it didn't say out-and-out that IH was town.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nope, but considering you're the one accusing N9V of lying, and he's a claimed cop, the burden of proof is on you, not him. There is enough there to think he might well still be telling the truth.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 am

Post by Raffles »

IH is a miller? I thought mayor was a generic role.
Woof!
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:39 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Yeah, but arn't all politics technically scum in the eyes of the beholder? The perfect set up for the miller role to come in would be a politicain.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

1 ~N9V~ (Battle Mage)
1 bird1111 (Akbar)
1 Kison (The Fonz)
2 Raffles (Fuldu, Kison)

8 not voting

7 to lynch
Last edited by Phoebus on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Kison »

I believe, then, if The Fonz is the only one voting me, that should be a 1 by my name. :-)

Anyways, I'm going to have to believe N9V's claim for now. However, I'm not liking it as much as I had previously thought. He made it sound like the "strange occurrence" prevented him from investigating me.

Unvote

Vote : bird1111

Speak up.

After editing, Phoebus wrote:
Fixed. Thanks.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I third the request from Kison and Akbar - Bird needs to put in an appearance, his last post on June 1st
bird1111 wrote:In the process of rereading, will post if day is still going once I am done
Before that nothing since April 23.

Battle Mage's insistence on ~n9v~ being scum is starting to grate on me aswell. The mafia/wolves could easily have a roleblocker or this witch thing that's been discussed has prevented the investigation. ~n9v~ can I ask why you investigated Kison?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

im finding it awfully hard to believe N9V. typically, a cop who has been confirmed to have lied under such circumstances, would at least recieve some pressure. the fact that nobody has bothered concerns me a little, but the lack of wagon means my suspicions are pretty useless.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Without any kind of counterclaim its difficult to pin down anything on ~n9v~.

He could be insane and Raffles could be scum
He could be sane and IH came up guilty i.e Miller
He could be talking out of his ass

The lack of another investigation is annoying aswell.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

Battle Mage wrote:im finding it awfully hard to believe N9V. typically, a cop who has been
confirmed to have lied
under such circumstances, would at least recieve some pressure. the fact that nobody has bothered concerns me a little, but the lack of wagon means my suspicions are pretty useless.
THat's it.

Unvote, vote Battle Mage

He has not been confirmed a liar. Repeating it doesn't make it true.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Kison »

Well, the only other way I can think to confirm N9V is with the claiming of the
other
cop. You know, the one who can investigate the werewolves. It would be unfair to have a cop against one scum group and not the other. The problem is, I'm not entirely certain we even have doctors, so a claim at this point would concern me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hence, we leave N9V alive for a few more days, but don't necessarily lynch on his recommendation. We basically ignore him for a while. We don't have to commit to leaving him alive to anywhere near endgame.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:19 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

I investigated Kison because he said that he attacked whoever it was the night before. That struck me odd.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Kison »

What in the world are you talking about?
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

OMFG, that was Shanba. nevermind then.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok. Few thoughts -

Bird - so far seven posts, one of which is remotely productive where he comments on the flavour regarding Al4x. Prod pls Pheobus with a heavy sharp implement - when you decide to speak Bird, some content, infact a lot, you've posted what 7 of 1419 posts that's ridicolous.

WizardCat/The Greg - similar thoughts. WizardCat posted next to nothing during day one. He claimed he found OTU scummy yet didn't throw a vote anywhere. During the period between WizardCat's and The Greg's replacement - we don't have a post for over two months! Bird's beating that. The Greg is miles better but I guess I'd like to hear some more opinions from him, the cop issue has taken precedence to a lot lately. So give us some thoughts Greg pls, basically on everything so far.

Der Hammer/Zindaras/Lowell - as above, content Lowell pls.

Moving on . . .

Battle Mage - I was reading your quotes and just ended up banging my head against the table as I can't decide whether its stupidity or scum. What I will say is I don't think your a lycanthrope - as practically no one attacked MoS aside from DGB. You however did so that's a string in your bow. However I could easily see you masquerading as a mafia scumbag - especially with this continued attack at the cop who catched mafia. Some of your recent posts have bordered on madness to me. As for your earlier play, Shanba summed it up nicely here . . .
shanba wrote:Battle Mage feels off to me. Most games I've seen him in (as pro-town) he's got an idea in his head and run with it bullheaded through any walls like common sense or proof that he's wrong that might stand in his way. This game he's much more opportunistic and widening his horizons, which is something I want to watch.
I'd add some of your early votes highlighted this namely the OTU and Raffles ones. Lately you've abandoned that style and are now gung-ho with regards n9v.

N9V - I believe your claim, but I think you need to step back and let us know who you actually find scummy and the like. You seem to be acting like a headless chicken . . . the reasoning as regards investigating Kison, a case in point.

Of the others I've not looked at everyone in depth - PBuG, is striking me as scummy - seems to be very wishy washy throughout, no real concern over his votes etc - some strange posts in connection with Flay and MoS. However in PBuG's defence I haven't much knowledge of his style so probably need to do a bit of metagaming regards him. Raffles also I guess concerns me more than most only because n9v could be insane.

Anyway . .
Vote Battle Mage
- I think he tried to play the low-key BM style Day One, it got noticed so he's became more prominent and since then he's been beyond reckless in attempting to kill the mafia catching cop. Cue the inevitable dreaded BM OMGUS attack.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Post by XReyoX »

~N9V~ wrote:OMFG, that was Shanba. nevermind then.
:?:
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by XReyoX »

This is what we've already known about the lynches from the first 3 days.

D1- OTU (11)

DGB, -Town
Flay, -Town
remussaidow, -Town
Scarecrow, - Town
BM,
Fuldu,
PBuG,
theopor,
IH - Town?
al4x, - Scum
MoS -Wolf

----------------------------------
D2 -
BM (4) - Akbar, DGB (Town), IH (Town?), theopor
DGB (Town)(4) - BM, mneme(scarecrow - Town), MoS (Wolf), Shanba (Town)
Raffles (4) - Fuldu, Flay (Town), PBuG, SV (now Fonz)

---------------------------------
D3 - IH (9)
N9V,
Akbar,
BM,
DGB, -Town
Kison,
Lowell,
MoS, -Wolf
theopor,
Fonz (SV)

----------------------------------

I'm not going to put too much of my trust onto BM and PBuG in particular. Half of the people on OTU's wagon are already identidfied to be town. If the remaining are town as well, I'm already doomed. I don't think only 2 anti-town people were enough to push OTU to 11 votes. Also, BM was also on DGB (town) wagon on D2, IH yesterday, and trying to kill n9v today.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by Raffles »

~N9V~ wrote:Yeah, but arn't all politics technically scum in the eyes of the beholder? The perfect set up for the miller role to come in would be a politicain.
No, as in, mayor is a role like doc and cop.
Woof!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

err yes. he said IH was scum, IH came up town. thats LYING.
Dont get me wrong, its POSSIBLE that he is insane or something, but it just feels unlikely that a power role who already has a strong weakness (only able to detect 1 type of scum) would also be delusional.
Doesnt sit right with me atall. :?

still, its not too concerning that im picking up votes. just another reason why i think N9V is scum. I mean, it seems odd from where im sitting, that i am the only 1 to accuse N9V of being scum, and suddenly i acquire a nice juicy wagon :)

Id have at least expected the opposing scumgroup (to N9V's) to back me up... :roll:

The Fonz wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:im finding it awfully hard to believe N9V. typically, a cop who has been
confirmed to have lied
under such circumstances, would at least recieve some pressure. the fact that nobody has bothered concerns me a little, but the lack of wagon means my suspicions are pretty useless.
THat's it.

Unvote, vote Battle Mage

He has not been confirmed a liar. Repeating it doesn't make it true.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

No! It's not! It would be lying if we could prove that IH appeared innocent to investigations, AND N9V is definitely not insane. As we cannot prove either of those things, we cannot say for sure that N9V is lying.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”