Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

we can do Ice!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Young and Beautiful »

In post 1298, Always wrote:My scumread on Y&B and on xofelf are both not arrogance. They're stronger, but not absolute.

So, should I treat xofelf as confirmed town because you're supposedly scumreading her in the same manner as you are me?

- y -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 1289, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1275, T S O wrote:your arrogance is so disgusting and unfounded.

so this is why people dislike you.

PEdit: well done, good girl. still bitter from AAA? you couldn't touch me as scum.

Always isn't getting lynched today. Why are you coaching Y&B?

I'm going to push an Always lynch and I have no intention of stopping it, I do not care if you think it's possible or not.

I haven't and never will coach Y&B. Do you think me saying "good girl" to her voting me is coaching?

That's a derisive tone I use to people who can barely play. Not coaching.

pedit: yeah yeah, keep posturing, little girl.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@Mastin-my tell is not activity based

Can you explain why SG and Ice are town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:20 pm

In post 1302, T S O wrote:That's a derisive tone I use to people who can barely play.

Teach me, sir! Teach me well!

- y -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also @Mhork-Why Ice over SG?

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1302, T S O wrote:

PEdit: well done, good girl. still bitter from AAA? you couldn't touch me as scum.

I'm going to push an Always lynch and I have no intention of stopping it, I do not care if you think it's possible or not.

I haven't and never will coach Y&B. Do you think me saying "good girl" to her voting me is coaching?

Shades of red wine.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

(I may quite possibly take offense to your choice to attach a negative connotation to the phrase "little girl", however!)

- y -
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1291, Lord Mhork wrote:TSO fwiw I'm basing my knowledge of scum Mastin on les Mis
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=31879
Her arrogance seemed more forced and less organic here, like she was trying to play the role. I feel like Mastin is more likely to be an unabashed arrogant narcissist when she feels like she's in her element as a townie. She obviously thinks very highly of her town game and so is eating up what she perceives as obv towniness.

The only argument I could see for scum Mastin right now is her obsession with 'my scum game is so good you don't even know,' but that reasoning feels way to weak for me to vote right now
See, like this, Mhork. The latter which you see as being a reason for me being potentially scum is
actually one of my largest current towntells
. (I'll break it as scum someday eventually 'specially since I'm aware of its existence, but it's not been broken yet.) The former which is your actual reason is off of a single game, is weak, and a completely inaccurate assessment of my psyche.

In particular?
I hold absolutely no pride in my towngame.
I hold every bit of pride in my scumgame.
I do not let my reads get prideful unless I have reason to have pride in them as town.

Thus, why you're not really an authority.

Butyeah, should be leaving soon.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

With all the noise from Y&B and Mastin, thank god that scumAbomination is lurking and keeping it down.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 1306, geists wrote:

Shades of red wine.

Do you want to engage with me, no?

I tried to help YnB and she voted me out of the fucking blue. I have no interest in talking to her anymore, and I'll openly say that's terrible townplay and terrible townplay is done by a terrible townplayer.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by T S O »

I actually think she's scum, to be fair, but still.

Thank you, though, for responding, ffery. It's much appreciated.
-Marquis
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Wow Mastin. You're a serious asshole. You know you're not the best player, right? That was an asinine low blow. I don't actually know why ceph treasures you calling his scum game good.

Welp I'm done reading Mastin walls now. I want to vote her just to shut her up, but I still think she's asinine town. I won't be sad if she gets lynched or shot though.

Yo Nero!
VOTE: AIR

PEDIT
I don't have as good an SG scum read

PPEDIT
Wow. Just wow. Why the fuck do you bother playing with us mere mortals then, oh brilliant, wise, and divine leader?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:Can you explain why SG and Ice are town?
Sure! Will do, likely tomorrow.

I mean, I didn't even get a chance to run my errands, and am running on overtime this game right now.

Brief version, though, is that SG's posting is mostly town aside from a singular element that doesn't hold weight, and the role while not 100% town is more likely town than not adding up to a prob-town player.
For AIR it's not so much a townread as a lack of a scumread, which means that if AP's scum, he's specifically aiming for fool-Mastin scumplay, which is difficult to maintain and is detrimental to his faction the longer he's forced to keep it up. (It takes a lot of effort--less given multiball, but still enough to be stressful.)
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Like, after that shit I can't even see straight right now. I'm taking a break
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Oh my fucking god NOT EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND YOU MASTIN
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:AIR

Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1312, Lord Mhork wrote:You know you're not the best player, right?
'Course I'm not.
I'm one of the best scum players in the game.
I'm actually only a mediocre-at-
best
town player.

Thus, why I hold zero arrogance when it comes to reads I have no reason to hold arrogance for.
I have reason to hold arrogance on Clyton, Venmar, shos, and myself.

Dead serious. Compare the tone in my posts between my greater reads (the above) and lesser reads (all others)--difference between night and day. The above are smug, the others are more casual, relaxed, and open.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

would be funny if Mhork didn't want his buddy SG lynch and got me to sheep onto the other scumteam.

Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1315, Lord Mhork wrote:Oh my fucking god NOT EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND YOU MASTIN
Apparently it does because you've ignored my telling you to ask me about other players, for the most part.

I will be humble and civil about almost every player on the list.

About reads on myself, about reads on Clyton/neil, Venmar, and shos?
Not so much.

Everyone right now is asking (aside from one or two exceptions) about one of the above, and thus, is getting the arrogance.
If they actually bothered taking my advice and asking about others, whoooooooooooooooole different Mastin would emerge.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, well, I'm going to go make dinner and hopefully when I get back something productive will be going on.

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1310, T S O wrote:
In post 1306, geists wrote:

Shades of red wine.

Do you want to engage with me, no?

It's what I'm trying to do, yes. Your stance on Always feels similar to your stance on Katsuki in that game.

I tried to help YnB and she voted me out of the fucking blue.

This is what I'd like to understand - why you tried to help her.

I have no interest in talking to her anymore, and I'll openly say that's terrible townplay and terrible townplay is done by a terrible townplayer.

So you were, and are townreading her?

T S O wrote:I actually think she's scum, to be fair, but still.

Or maybe not.

Thank you, though, for responding, ffery. It's much appreciated.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. :/
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

No I'm pissed off because you're treating me with 0 respect and I don't need to listen to that bullshit from a mediocre mafia player with a head 6 times larger than her skill.

Nero sell me on SG then. I'm rapidly losing an ability to care about this game
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by shos »

I'm on page 50 and not reading further cuz it's 2:30 am.
just notes: the last quote in post 1240 was from the QT in which I had discussed the balance and created my game. this just further pushes my idea that Always is town, since digging this much is sooo far, to find a post in the thread in which I linked to that QT and go in it and from THERE dig that quote?? and neither mala OR mastin have been in that game.

so yeah, always is so obvtown that I feel like I'm scum near him.

post 1242 by nero in which be votes SG is meh. wouldn't vote on that one alone. maybe in RVS to start the game with something; but this is weak as a..well..something weak

In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm

In post 1310, T S O wrote:I tried to help YnB and she voted me out of the fucking blue. I have no interest in talking to her anymore, and I'll openly say that's terrible townplay and terrible townplay is done by a terrible townplayer.

In post 1311, T S O wrote:I actually think she's scum, to be fair, but still.

Ewww!

Icky, icky!

- y -

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”