ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

ZazieR wrote:
Slicey wrote:sorry I fucked up the game. ;~; I still don't see how zwet's right though. >_>
I see it as this:
Sajin tried to shoot Krer. Krer noticed the bullet and used his psycho powers to stop the bullet in the air and to push it towards his target. Kise noticed that a bullet came from Kreriov and therefore saw Krer target me and not Sajin who actually shot.
Krer, this explains what happened N1.
Ignore the ''R''
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 am

Post by ortolan »

ZazieR wrote:It's just that for some strange reason, you always think I'm scum.
I like to go against the grain, if most people read you as town (which seems to be a stable trait of people and doesn't take into account the fact they might be mafia in any specific game), I will make a more conscious effort to be more skeptical of you. It hasn't served me wrong so far e.g. this game :)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:51 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

ZazieR wrote:
Zwet

Why was the mod-player dropped? Was it also killed by your reviewers?
Deadified. :-) I'd love some comments on my modding/if you'd want to play my Musical Mafia mini theme I'm making/anything.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Unfortunately this game never really took off. Not for me anyway. After being semi-confirmed at the start I didn't feel compelled to contribute all that much.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Zwet

Deadified. :-) I'd love some comments on my modding/if you'd want to play my Musical Mafia mini theme I'm making/anything.
prein.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Kreriov »

Come one ZazieR. You are really stretching it. By your reasoning, Sajin didn't try to kill you, I tried to kill you and that means you should not have turned mafia. It doesn't matter. I do not think Zwet thought things through and was just scrambling trying to fix things. Something that was further complicated because he left and had to turn modding duties over to Slicey. The idea and story might have been ok, it was the execution and planning that leave a lot to be desired. MAYBE at some point once Zwet shows he can mod competently I will join one of his games. It will not be for along while however.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:31 am

Krer, I did think it through, and I completely intended you to be the only one seen by the watcher from before the game started.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ortolan wrote:
ZazieR wrote:It's just that for some strange reason, you always think I'm scum.
I like to go against the grain, if most people read you as town (which seems to be a stable trait of people and doesn't take into account the fact they might be mafia in any specific game), I will make a more conscious effort to be more skeptical of you. It hasn't served me wrong so far e.g. this game :)
Then what about Starbuck, mhmm? And this is just one game. Can't talk about the other two as they are ongoing.
Just admit that you don't like me ;)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Kreriov wrote:Come one ZazieR. You are really stretching it. By your reasoning, Sajin didn't try to kill you, I tried to kill you and that means you should not have turned mafia. It doesn't matter. I do not think Zwet thought things through and was just scrambling trying to fix things. Something that was further complicated because he left and had to turn modding duties over to Slicey. The idea and story might have been ok, it was the execution and planning that leave a lot to be desired. MAYBE at some point once Zwet shows he can mod competently I will join one of his games. It will not be for along while however.
I'd apparently turn town if I were hit by Orto's 'NK'-ability.
I'd become a full member of the scum if hit by the scum's NK-ability.
The gun and bullet were the scum's NK-ability and therefore this happened.
Why did you actually target me :?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by ZazieR »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Zwet

First, a question: the millers.
Did or did they not get the same role PM? Because one claimed that it said that he was miller, while the other didn't. And one was confused about his wincon, while the other wasn't.
Another thing would be the way the role PM's were made. It shows in the powerrole PM's very clear what the wincon is, while with the different kind of townies, it's hidden in the text. This almost lead to a bandwagon.
And also vote counts. I don't know when it was, but I asked for a vote count. Your answer was that you'd wait a few pages ._.
Last would be the back-up modding. Next time when/if you use strange roles again, explain to him each action. Strange roles are easy to misunderstand and this game shows a good example as it got halted due to it.
Ignore the ''R''
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:22 am

The millers got the same role PM.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

zwetschenwasser wrote:The millers got the same role PM.
Liar! It never said anywhere in my role PM that I was a miller and ThAd said he had one that did.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 am

I'm pretty sure neither of the PM's said the word miller.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Kise »

Kreriov wrote:By your reasoning, Sajin didn't try to kill you, I tried to kill you and that means you should not have turned mafia.
Yeah... zwet, I'm gonna have to agree with Krer about that one.

You had 4 guilty players for the cop, an insane doc, and my watcher-result was somewhat sabotaged. Then you give mafia an executioner & an idle-aligned cop. This set-up was very crippling to town.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Sajin »

Eh, we were lucky with night actions. Ortolan could vig me down, we could of lynched siro day 1, and zazier would be stuck with no night kill.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Kise »

Orto could vig you down, sure... that is, if zwet didn't have him protect you instead.

Yet…
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:18 am

You had an unlynchable townie, two townies who could confirm each other and catch fakeclaiming scum trying to join the "two miller" group, an untargettable townie, and a way to deprive the scum of a third member. The game was quite balanced.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:
Kreriov wrote:By your reasoning, Sajin didn't try to kill you, I tried to kill you and that means you should not have turned mafia.
Yeah... zwet, I'm gonna have to agree with Krer about that one.

You had 4 guilty players for the cop, an insane doc, and my watcher-result was somewhat sabotaged. Then you give mafia an executioner & an idle-aligned cop. This set-up was very crippling to town.
The cop was the mafia traitor. Why would I give a guilty away when I'm mafia aligned?
Then there was also this part in my role PM:
Temporary Random Cop Investigation: Until you are targeted by Mafia, you may investigate a player every night to determine alignment. I give you no guarantee that the information you gain will be truthful, however.
Watcher wasn't sabotaged and the doc could turn sane N2. Add that you guys had a strawberry townie and two chocolate townies.
Watcher could confirm his ability, the doc did confirm himself. The redirector could confirm himself. The strawberry could confirm his ability and the chocolate townies could confirm the other. I could come up with a fake result. Leaving three players of which two were scum D2.
Ignore the ''R''
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Kise »

zwetschenwasser wrote:1 Mafia Traitor Cop

In summary your abilities are:
Temporary Random Cop Investigation: Until you are targeted by Mafia, you may investigate a player every night to determine alignment. I give you no guarantee that the information you gain will be truthful, however.
Donut Weakness: If the doctor (who you know to be insane) targets you, and his protection turns into a night kill (for as you know, insane doctors have a 50/50 chance of killing the player they protect), you do not die, but you lose your ability to become mafia.
Pre-Conversion Stutter: Before you become Mafia, you may only post the first syllable of words you intend to make. Failure to comply with this post restriction will result in immediate removal from the game.
Mafia Traitor Ability: Once the Mafia has targeted you for their night-kill, you become an agent of evil. You lose your investigative abilities, and become a Mafia goon. Your partners will be revealed to you, and you will be revealed to your partners. The three of you must choose a townie to kill every night. You lose your Stutter.
Web of Lies: Once during the game, you may PM me a quote made by a player, and I will declare in the thread that the quote you selected was found to be a lie by an anonymous power role.
Peer Pressure: Before your conversion, you may only vote the hammering vote on a player.
Your role is stacked as f*ck. No way was this game balanced when 1 player knows so much and can do a whole lot. You had all the gidgets and gadgets and could have practically won this game as a survivor.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Kise »

Don't get me wrong. I had fun and all, but I just couldn't imagine town winning this at all unless everyone decided to lynch Sajin, Zaz & Sir w/o warrant. Zaz claims cop and we trust him, so he could basically lie and say, "Sajin & Sir are innocent."

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:1 Mafia Traitor Cop

In summary your abilities are:
Donut Weakness: If the doctor (who you know to be insane) targets you, and his protection turns into a night kill (for as you know, insane doctors have a 50/50 chance of killing the player they protect), you do not die, but you lose your ability to become mafia.
Pre-Conversion Stutter: Before you become Mafia, you may only post the first syllable of words you intend to make. Failure to comply with this post restriction will result in immediate removal from the game.
Mafia Traitor Ability: Once the Mafia has targeted you for their night-kill, you become an agent of evil. You lose your investigative abilities, and become a Mafia goon. Your partners will be revealed to you, and you will be revealed to your partners. The three of you must choose a townie to kill every night. You lose your Stutter.
Web of Lies: Once during the game, you may PM me a quote made by a player, and I will declare in the thread that the quote you selected was found to be a lie by an anonymous power role.
Peer Pressure: Before your conversion, you may only vote the hammering vote on a player.
Your role is stacked as f*ck. No way was this game balanced when 1 player knows so much and can do a whole lot. You had all the gidgets and gadgets and could have practically won this game as a survivor.
Uhm, how?
I started as a cop whose investigations results could be the truth or could be fake. I also had a PR. And if I wasn't seen as pro-town, I might have been lynched because of it. It also lead to me needing one vote less to lynch. Which also could have given me a huge disadvantage. Ny vote also would only count if it was the hammer vote.
When I turned mafia, the flavour stated this. And as you know, there were some players who thought it was me.

So the only good things were that I knew the doc was insane. And the 'web of lies' ability. Which would give me a lot of suspicions if the players gets lynched and turns up telling the truth. And if used the final day, it would make players doubt to believe it. So the only way it would have been useful is to trade me for a powerrole or to use it on myself, which would mean that nobody would claim to have done so or one of my partners would have done so leading into players not believing the claim or once again having doubts or one of me or my partner would be the lynch.

I don't see your problem.
Ignore the ''R''
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Sajin »

We had a incredibly fortuitous night 1 which made is seem mafia (land)slided.

It could of just as easily went the other way as Kreriov kise ortolan the millers all confirm each other and zazier becomes town.

I think the setup was balanced but somewhat swingy.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Kise »

I'm just saying, Zaz, it's about the psychology of the players. You started with a post restriction, so everyone automatically assumed you were pro-town. Not only that, but you can make a cop claim, which only boosted the town's trust in you. So psychologically, why would the town want to lynch you? Only way I can think of you dying is if both Sajin & Sir were dead 1st; you send in the night kill on Krer but he redirects it back to you. But, that's only 1 out of many unguaranteed scenarios.

Yet…
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by ortolan »

meh, the setup actually looks reasonably balanced

PRs for scum are always annoying

Kreriov maybe should have been a bit more wary counter-claiming Kise like that considering the nature of his own role. It was just a conjunction of elements on night one really screwed up everything for the town.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:43 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”