LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

DavidParker wrote:ThAd is town. Why are you voting confirmed town?
Also reading comprehension for the win:
LMP wrote:The amount of mental acrobatics required in order for DP's thoughts to be town are staggering. DP's derailing of the ThAd wagon is completely suspect now.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Amrun »

DP, that was some scummy shit there bro. Your backing was the only reason I unvoted ThAd.

Shit. Idk what to do now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Sathoris wrote:It's surprising how many of you switched to Bunny just because of one posts that conflicts with a post a predecessor made. We've had more than 3 weeks of daytime where everyone made at least several scumtells and some individuals made a buttload more.
Agreed.
Scott Brosius wrote:I feel like DP is someone we can address tomorrow given the whole ThAd deal. I think the votes should be on our top 3 wagons and putting them elsewhere like LMP and DP are currently doing is useless.
Agreed.
LynchMePls wrote:@ ... InflatablePie ...: Give me your reads on DP pls.
Was suspicious of him for slapping a vote on PI way back on his post 350. Was still suspicious of him back on my post 603. His post 945 gave me some weird vibes, like I pointed out. And right now, his actions are indeed suspicious... but the thing is, I also have minor role-related info that Thad may be town. If we're thinking the same thing, then DP is town as well.

...Unless scum get mod-written fakeclaim PMs (as opposed to just getting a name), because then everything goes out the window. I've never been in a flavor-Theme Game as scum, except for YGO Abridged, where I wasn't provided with a fakeclaim (and didn't bother asking) - check my wiki. So I don't know how scum fakeclaims are handled, but I'm guessing it depends on the mod.

Anyways, basically, gut says DP is scummy scum McScummerson, but that one tiny detail is causing me to have doubts.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 am

Post by LimMePls »

IP wrote:Unless scum get mod-written fakeclaim PMs (as opposed to just getting a name), because then everything goes out the window.
I always assume the worst. Rarely does it bite you in the end. Once we have evidence to the contrary then we should re-evaluate, but for now I'd assume they get full fake role PMs. It certainly is a mod preference though, some just give a fake name.
IP wrote:Anyways, basically, gut says DP is scummy scum McScummerson, but that one tiny detail is causing me to have doubts.
Fine. But we're ABSOLUTELY revisiting this tomorrow. If I'm dead please don't forget this.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:35 am

Post by bvoigt »

LlamaFluff wrote:GUYS WE ARE LYNCHING CLAIMED SCUM BUNNY NOW
julienvonwolfe wrote:
My PM doesn't explicitly state whether or not there are town aligned players of different nationalities
, either. Moreover, I don't see why other role PMs should be any different since the rules regarding nationality and alignment are in the first post, or so, and they are clearly different concepts - something David doesn't seem to quite grasp, by his use of 'probably'. My feeling then, is that David is bullshitting in grand style.
Bunnylover wrote:@Amrun: Sorry I'm not good with history x-x.
My person is not of American or Soviet nationality
, I have no favor to back it up though. The favor I do have, anyone could have in their pm.
Let see.... JVW was replaced by fuzzy... who was replaced by bunny.

So bunny is "other" nationality, whos predicesors role specifically states is not told if they exist. I smell slip

Vote bunnylover
Good catch. This does look like a slip.

UNVOTE: gonnano
VOTE: Bunnylover
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 am

Post by bvoigt »

ThAdmiral wrote:If the bunnylover slip was such a big deal why wasn't it brought up when fuzzy claimed basically the same thing?
I'm guessing no one noticed it at the time. Come on, guys...this is a good lynch for D1. We have about 42 hours until the deadline.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 am

Post by LimMePls »

I don't want anything to do with the Bunnylover wagon after DP's move to it. That was so scummy it's sick.

V/LA on weekends
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Artem »

gonnano wrote: Here's part of McCarthy's wikipedia entry:
Wikipedia wrote:The term McCarthyism, coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist activities. Today the term is used more generally in reference to demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.[2]
This guy was so bad that his name has now become synonymous with demagogy.
Too lazy to look up demagogy? Here's what it means.
Wikipedia wrote:Demagogy is a strategy for gaining political power by appealing to the prejudices, emotions, fears and expectations of the public—typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda
None of it says anything about promoting or averting a nuclear conflict.

------------------

I think the day is getting waffled. I'm kinda tired of:
-Posts like #930 where players find somebody suspicious yet
do not vote them
-Emotion-based votes (#1044) on players who are not currently top candidates.
How exactly are these things supposed to help us consolidate before the deadline?

Also, #1011 is NOT a "good catch":
jvw wrote: My PM doesn't explicitly state whether or not there are town aligned players of different nationalities
and
llama wrote: whos predicesors role specifically states is not told if they exist
are not the same thing. It's one thing for a PM to say "You're [insert non-US/Soviet nationality here] and you're town", it's another for it to also state "...and there are other town-aligned players of varying nationalities". Besides, in that same quote, JVW mentions "the rules regarding nationality and alignment are in the first post", so....

The wagon is nevertheless informative because it's just mind-blowing how fast it's grown over something like this.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 am

Post by smargaret »

apologies for incoherence, i'm sorta sedated right now.

my role pm states that i am a town-aligned player from a non-US, nn-USSR country. thus I can dedduce that ther are other such players in the game because if the mod made it so i was the only one, thta'd be bstard. jvw/ffuzzy/bunny's slip is legit imo.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: bunny
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:42 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I need to think about the semi-drunk slip I found today too... this game is taxing. I dont think LMP should be basing his vote off where DP is since he will have to explain why he is saying Thad is town eventually, and trying to make that move is probably from town himself instead of scum info.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by gonnano »

Amrun wrote:None of it says anything about promoting or averting a nuclear conflict.
That's true. What it does describe, though, is an almost perfect representation of what scum want to do: gain power by preying on the misconceptions of others.

The only options for this role flavorwise as I see it are
A) McCarthy is scum.
B) The role is intended to draw suspicion to a town player, miller-style.
C) Whoever came up with the role doesn't know much about McCarthy.

and I don't think it's C.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote bunny

gonna must be houdini or something.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Amrun »

AMRUN IS NOT ARTEM AFLJKIAKJasdlfjafasdf
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by gonnano »

very sorry. I can't believe I did that.

can that be mod-fixed or something?
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by bvoigt »

LynchMePls wrote:I don't want anything to do with the Bunnylover wagon after DP's move to it. That was so scummy it's sick.
Maybe he's bussing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Bunnylover

For refusing to give flavor :(
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

@gonanno: You're not the first one, but it's caused problems in the game and people need to take note.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

That was a total slip by Bunnylover. I don't see how he wouldn't be the lynch now; I'll be away this real-life weekend, so it looks like this is the last thing I can do with my vote today.

Unvote
Vote: bunnylover
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Day I, Vote Count XXIV

Amrun - 4 -
XScorpion, Beasts of the Sea, mothrax, Sathoris
ThAdmiral - 3 -
GhostWriter, Feysal, LynchMePls
gonnano - 2-
Artem, InflatablePie
EGL - 4 -
Furcolow, gonnano, ThAdmiral, Scott Brosius
LlamaFluff - 1 -
EGL
Bunnylover - 8 -
LlamaFluff, Amrun, RedCoyote, bvoigt, smargaret, Lowell, Nachomamma8, Stephoscope
LynchMePls -1 -
DavidParker

Not Voting - 1 -
Bunnylover

With twenty-four of you alive thirteen votes will lynch. The day will end on Sunday 20th Feb @9am CST

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Bunnylover

For refusing to give flavor :(
D: I didn't refuse, I have none except for that one sentence.
And all that says is that I don't feel that people have the same interests as me x-x.

lol This really sucks, im just glad that I'm a slow reader so I didn't waste my time reading 40 pages yet.
I understand why I would be lynched, my predecessor's predecessor is an idiot =/.

Anyways I am Ernesto Guevara, Cuban Roleblocker.
I hate this because I clicked on the link the mod linked and I read what was their and was like, "WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS PERSON HAVE TO DO WITH THE COLD WAR <_<?!!!"
Frankly from what I read my person was involved in the INvasion of Pigs and Overthrowing the Cuban Dictator that was backed by the US.

Like I said, I have one sentence with 8 words for flavor. Then I have how to use my power which doesn't help me in a claim since Roleblocker is a higher probability of scum role and not town.

AH STUPID STUPID STUPID. Probably the fastest replacement to lynch ever.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Sathoris »

I can't believe Bunny is being wagon'd so quickly. Please note the people switching so quickly after bunny gets flipped.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

smargaret wrote:apologies for incoherence, i'm sorta sedated right now.

my role pm states that i am a town-aligned player from a non-US, nn-USSR country. thus I can dedduce that ther are other such players in the game because if the mod made it so i was the only one, thta'd be bstard. jvw/ffuzzy/bunny's slip is legit imo.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: bunny
But then why are you voting me x_x?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by smargaret »

again. no way is che peaceful. whether you agree with his politics or nott, he was involved in at least three revolutions and didn't believe ina peacuful transition to marxism.

if bunny flips town i'llllll reconsider amrun. but i just don't see it.

ebwop voting bunny because 1. i have falvor and he said he didn't, now he does, other players i believe to be town have enough favor to paraphrase 2. general uselessness and proximity to dealine 3. while i believe there aree other town non-us/soviets thats aconclusion i can draw without seeing it expliscitly stated so whyd jvw say he didn't think there wer any?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Feysal »

I just caught up on the past five pages. First of all...

Unvote: ThAdmiral

Kissinger is a controversial character, but still a Nobel Peace Prize winner. For the time being, I'm inclined to believe ThAdmiral is town. I don't know what information DavidParker can have on that, but as long as he explains it later I can take his word on that.

So, to summarize claims, Furcolow has claimed Heydar Aliyev, Soviet bulletproof, Amrun has claimed Joseph McCarthy, US blacklister, and ThAdmiral has claimed Henry Kissinger, US townie. Bunnylover has claimed ...nothing.
Amrun #1000 wrote:Fuzzyman claimed a third nationality. Care to elaborate with flavor? (Keep the role to yourself, though, obviously.)
Bunnylover #1013 wrote:Would it be better if I name claimed/nationality claimed now?
Amrun #1014 wrote:That's what I asked you to do earlier.
Bunnylover #1017 wrote:Frankly I am confused as to why my person is even in the game. I have no idea what his involvement is in the Cold War or leading up to the Cold War.
I think name claiming would just be best =/.
Considering that he was asked for his name and nationality a while back and the votes are piling up, I think it is time to claim those things. I don't think claiming the actual role is necessary yet.
Artem #1057 wrote:It's one thing for a PM to say "You're [insert non-US/Soviet nationality here] and you're town", it's another for it to also state "...and there are other town-aligned players of varying nationalities". Besides, in that same quote, JVW mentions "the rules regarding nationality and alignment are in the first post", so...
Like smargaret said, it should be easy to deduce that the town must consist of several nationalities if you are neither from the US or the USSR. If you're someone like Dag Hammarskiöld, you don't assume that the town consists of only Swedes.

However, I'm not sure about this slip. The quote from julienvonwolfe made more sense in context. DavidParker had said that his role PM "made it rather clear" that the town consisted of different nationalities. EGL said that his role PM did not "explicitly state" this. So far this looks like DavidParker is non-US, and that he deduced that the town has to consist of more nationalities than his. EGL did not get this, he apparently thought that DavidParker had been explicitly told of other nationalities in his role PM. Then julienvonwolfe said that he had not been explicitly told this either. It could be true, if he interpreted it so that his role PM did not literally say that there were other nationalities.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I'm sure we need a name and nationality from Bunnylover. I'll read more tomorrow.
LynchMePls #1044 wrote:@Llama, RedCoyote, Feysal, ThAdmiral, Amrun, InflatablePie, EGL, Scott Brosius: Give me your reads on DP pls.
Probable town, though I should take a closer look. My read of him has fluctuated a lot, but after his reaction to Amrun's claim, I'm back at believing he is town, and one scummy comment is not enough to convince me otherwise. If you want a more in depth answer that will also have to wait.

Preview edit: I see Bunnylover claimed while I was writing this. I'll think about this tomorrow. Leaving my vote unused for now.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by smargaret »

also, che is argentinian, not cuban (though he did live in cuba, he was born and raised in argentina)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”