Newbie 10 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:58 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Well my thoughts were that FOS norinel or pfisher but since norinel died I don't know what to think.

For know though,

FOS Pfischer
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:21 pm

Post by pfischer »

Er, I have to ask what FOS stands for, not just because it relates to me, but I don't know.
Game on...
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I had the same prob a month ago see I always thought it meant Full of $hit but in reality it means finger of suspision.
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:13 am

Post by pfischer »

OK, everybody is silent, so I'll put my head (neck?) out.

I can understand why I am the FOS guy, and at the moment I haven't a clue as to who are my friends and who are scum. I can't believe that I hand a hand in getting our cop lynched, I'm sorry, I was wrong, so wrong.

Trouble is, if you guys go ahead and send me to the gallows, I am afraid the game's up, but I can't say I have an idea how to proceed.
Game on...
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:37 am

Post by bloojay »

pfischer, NOBODY knows who is scum and who isn't except the scum themselves. And if we lynch the right person today, we may yet survive.
If not, everyone loses in the endgame...and seeing as how I'm the only "experienced" player left, i'll be posting a lot more.
Getting off subject-What exactly did I do that seemed scummy?
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:25 am

Post by pfischer »

bloojay wrote:pfischer, NOBODY knows who is scum and who isn't except the scum themselves.
I figured that out myself ;)

What I meant was you might have a suspicion, a hunch, fishy feeling, crap logical conclusion, whatever, as to who you think are bad/good guys.

I just haven't at the moment. I had, I was utterly mistaken. I don't even dare pointing my finger at anyone, less mention their names...
Game on...
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:05 am

Post by Kerplunk »

~NEWBIE LEARNING MOMENT III~

Always count the number of votes you have on you.
Especially when there's a deadline. :roll:

*dies again*
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:45 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I'm almost about to vote pfischer but he keeps playing up the I'm a newbie I'm confused and I totally relate to that because I was super confused my first mafia game.

I'm going to try and reread the thread after work tonight then I will write a summary for everyone. Note this will be in about 12-14hrs so If someone wants to do it in that time go ahead.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:47 am

Post by araltaln »

Honestly, my pair of FoS's are based almost entirely on gut feeling; we don't have any good information as far as I can tell (although I'll go back and look again). There is a little more reason for the FoS at you, Bloojay, but not much, as you're the main experienced player remaining (note that this is
not
a good reason to vote, and anyone who does vote for Bloojay giving this reason will likely find themselves voted for fairly quickly).. at the very least, the mafia have been killing only experienced players so far, so it's at least worth commenting on that you live.

Hm, looking back right now having previewed, actually, there were only three votes on Kerplunk, and one of the people who voted for Kerplunk is dead.. oddly enough, the two other people voting were you two. This certainly isn't proof either, but it would be awful luck to have managed a townie-only deadline lynch of a cop.

More later, I'm sure.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:14 am

Post by Caveman »

I'm leaning more toward believing that bloojay is scummy.
1. He voted to have the cop lynched.
2. He seemed to be lurking a lot more than the rest. But basically
threw the suspicion off of him with his 'veteran' status.
3. pfischer (the other obvious suspect) really seems innocent.
4. gut feeling.

So,
FOS: bloojay
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:24 am

Post by pfischer »

Yoko, I think that my newbie argument was a while ago (unless you argue that experienced players cannot be confused and in doubt), don't let it be your mantra, because I was not trying to invoke it again.

The reason the mafia didn't kill me is that I am in the direct firing line anyway. That way they get three hits for one's price - we bump of our cop and then me, plus the townie that was killed last night - and bingo. You can read through the thread as many times as you like, it won't change this fact. On this note, I guess I can't even blaim you other townies if you vote me off - it's kind of logical, but unfortunately based on my initial quick voting based on a fishy feeling. Too bad.

I had a fishy feeling about Yoko, but I am not certain anymore. The other people left have been quiet, so maybe the tactics is to kill off the blabbermouths first, but so far I haven't got any real reasons to vote for anyone (except for myself if I use your logic ;)
Game on...
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Corsato »

Vote tally:

Not voting: everyone.

Come on people, let's play.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:54 am

Post by Caveman »

Well, what do you expect? If we misvote and vote for another townie, the mafia will jump on and lynch that person. Then game over.
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:30 pm

Post by bloojay »

Or maybe that's what you want to happen.
Vote Caveman
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:08 pm

Post by pfischer »

Bloojay, you might want to justify this outburst - otherwise people might be falling over you.

You cast the first stone, exuse me: vote.
Why?
Game on...
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:34 pm

Post by bloojay »

Like they said: Incredible gut instinct. If i am lynched, It is a true scum win. No joking.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:41 pm

Post by Caveman »

Guts had nothing to do with it. If he were a townie, he wouldn't have risked losing based on such crap logic.

Now I'm sure he's scum
Vote:bloojay
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:47 pm

Post by Caveman »

Unvote: bloojay

Wait, I just realized that if he is a townie, I could easily lose the game for us.

But still
FOS: bloojay
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by araltaln »

Bloojay. Of course we lose if we lynch town, we've all known that, but you seem awfully eager to put yourself in that group :/
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:29 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I don't know if any one else is online during this time but wierd updates are happening and I don't know who wrote what so I will have to wait till tomorrow.
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:33 am

Post by pfischer »

OK, I'll dare some speculating here. Araltain could have finished me off Day 1, but thankfully he didn't.

So, if I assume that Araltain is not scum (and that's the only thing I have at the moment), then that leaves Yoko and Bloojay, because they were the two others voting for me Day 1. The third was Kerplunk and he was a townie, and is sadly now dead.

Yoko and Bloojay have also not voted for each other or suspected each other. I don't know, what do you guys say?
Game on...
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:05 am

Post by araltaln »

Yet another point: the only reason I can come up with for Caveman's continued life at this point is that one of them (Bloojay or Caveman) must be scum, as everyone's already had a chance to vote, and the mafia don't have to be tricky at this point. Obviously, I've got my opinion, and I'm nearly ready to just give up on rational thought and vote anyway.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:25 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

pfischer wrote:Yoko and Bloojay have also not voted for each other or suspected each other. I don't know, what do you guys say?
Maybe you should reread the thread
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:40 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Ok in my opinion here is what’s happening. Caveman or bloojay are obviously mafia (doubtful both but it is possible).

Now going by what has happened throughout the game bloojay seems to not care what happens. So this leaves me to figure that since bloojay is going after caveman so insistent with no reason whatsoever he figures that newbies will just fall over and kill caveman giving him his quick kill and ending this game for a mafia victory. Being that bloojay is pro-town (which I will say now I doubt) I do not comprehend how our most experienced player is so willing to throw out a blind threat when if he is wrong then the game is over. He told us no explanation for his vote on caveman and has not yet told us more than "Incredible gut instinct".

The case against caveman is basically nothing. He has sort of lurched but then took his vote off bloojay because he didn't want the chance of mafia jumping on his vote. That may have been a mafia ploy, but I doubt it.

Well I'm going to have to
VOTE-BLOOJAY

Lets hope I don't regret it.....
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:45 pm

Post by araltaln »

*winces* Well, it's already my fault for pushing the case against Bloojay so hard if I'm wrong.
Vote Bloojay

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”