Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:34 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

?Allstar? wrote:I am pretty much out of ideas -- I would suggest going after some of the lurkers. ?Colinus?, ?PurpleLiquid? and Quailman are amongst those keeping an un-healthily low profile.
Dunno why I didn't mention ?Namelessone?. he's just as bad and at least has a bandwagon.
unvote, vote: ?Namelessone?
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:37 am

Post by ?Rainbow Brite? »

?YouYou? wrote:omg look at me panic my little knickers off
note that is not actually verbatim what ?youyou? said. close enough though!

vote: ?youyou?

Mr Stoofer wrote:I don't really like ?YouYou?'s response but I'm not sure that it is a scummy response or just shows that he/she is over eager. I can sort of have sympathy for anyone who has a strong desire to lynch someone, as I feel that we don't have much to go on yet and we have to find
lynches today.
we don't have to find them both at the same time. it's equivalent to skipping a night, that's all. let's think about these lynches one at a time.
Mr Stoofer wrote:At the moment ?YouYou? has not done enough to make me want to switch from ?NamelessOne? who is still lurking.
mod
, please prod ?namelessone?. if we don't get a response within 24 hours of a prod being sent, my vote's moving there.

preview pane edit:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
?Allstar? wrote:I am pretty much out of ideas -- I would suggest going after some of the lurkers. ?Colinus?, ?PurpleLiquid? and Quailman are amongst those keeping an un-healthily low profile.
Dunno why I didn't mention ?Namelessone?. he's just as bad and at least has a bandwagon.
unvote, vote: ?Namelessone?
whoooops! might be an idea to, i dunno, be careful about that sort of thing?
"If you like this title, we also recommend...

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)" -- IMDB, Rainbow Brite review
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:47 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Yeah, I had noticed and was hoping no one else would.

Still, it's pretty obvious who you are.
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:14 am

yea, you got me - im pooky!

fair cop.

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)" -- IMDB, Rainbow Brite review
?NamelessOne?
?NamelessOne?
Townie
?NamelessOne?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:15 am

Post by ?NamelessOne? »

Unvote

*sigh*

I'm just not much of a secondary account poster, ok? Only using secundary accounts for night actions seems like a much more feasible tactic to me than going to hunt lurkers..... It's quite a hassle logging on and off all the time.... If you all really want me to I'll go post content on this account, but I honestly don't see a reason as of yet. I'd rather keep this one quiet, as not to link it to my main.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:36 am

Post by Seol »

?NamelessOne? wrote:I'm just not much of a secondary account poster, ok? Only using secundary accounts for night actions seems like a much more feasible tactic to me than going to hunt lurkers..... It's quite a hassle logging on and off all the time.... If you all really want me to I'll go post content on this account, but I honestly don't see a reason as of yet. I'd rather keep this one quiet, as not to link it to my main.
The thing is, not posting from your secondary account
is
lurking, and all the usual anti-lurker arguments apply. Both the "link to the main" and "hassle logging in and out" are basically arguments defending that lurking. Plus, we need both sides active in order to get the vote-counts up to lynch.

Are you trying to argue that
everyone
should be using their primary accounts only?

And I'd really rather not lynch lurkers, it's rarely proven fruitful in my experience. So if there's pressure, it's pressure to post. Please post more. This doesn't just apply to you, but to all the lurky accounts - you know who you are.

I'll draw attention to the fact that you came out of the woodwork just as you were pressured for lurking, but I'd also say that due to the nature of this game that means less than usual.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:38 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

Anyone else feel like lynching Seol?

Quick! Now's your chance to make it look like you're ?YouYou? by agreeing with me. I'm talking to you, Mr Stoofer.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:10 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

lol :D
?Charlie?
?Charlie?
Townie
?Charlie?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by ?Charlie? »

?YouYou? wrote:I've never seen Seol bark up the wrong tree so much before. Having a reputation for being a good town player must suck when you're in the Mafia.
Wow, going out on personal attacks is not the way to make people think you're not scum.
?YouYou? wrote: Now let's lynch Seol and either ?Nameless One?, BrianMcQueso, or ?Seol?.
This is almost like your post about ?Namelessone? and BrianMcQueso, I mean: for the town is much better to have time to discuss in order to give scum the opportunity to slip. You seem too eager to lynch and end this day as soon as possible.

unvote: MrStoofer, vote: ?YouYou?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Now *this* is an argument I'm seeing something in.

Vote: ?YouYou?

Vote: Deadline
This is dragging....
?Allstar?
?Allstar?
Townie
?Allstar?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:22 am

Post by ?Allstar? »

unvote: ?RainbowBrite?, vote: Quailman

Very active in other games on this site but luring in this one. Doesn't have the excuse that it is a secondary account. Classic scum behaviour.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

?Allstar? wrote:
unvote: ?RainbowBrite?, vote: Quailman

Very active in other games on this site but luring in this one. Doesn't have the excuse that it is a secondary account. Classic scum behaviour.
Hey, what a brilliant point! That Allstar guy sure is clever. I bet in RL all the pretty girls fancy him.

unvote: ?NamelessOne?, vote: Quailman
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:36 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

?Charlie? wrote:
?YouYou? wrote:I've never seen Seol bark up the wrong tree so much before. Having a reputation for being a good town player must suck when you're in the Mafia.
Wow, going out on personal attacks is not the way to make people think you're not scum.
I didn't think it was too much of a personal attack to mention that someone has a good reputation. I gots no beef with Seol.
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Vote: ?YouYou?

Vote: Deadline
I like the second vote much more than the first...

Sigh, I must have made a mistake somewhere, so I guess I'll claim. I'm Commodore Amazing. I'm not a vanilla townie, though I'm not really sure how useful my role is. I've never had it before. I'm probably not worth protecting, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if you lynched me. You might want to keep me around just to see if the scum wants to eliminate me completely. If I can get confirmed by people, my role, or game events (all three in this case), I tend to play more aggressively and ignore the fact that it makes me super-shady. I guess I sucked this time.

I'm trying to figure out which one of you would have a reason to kill me night one during a game.

I'll still stick with my suspicions on Brian McQueso, ?Nameless One? and Seol (this statement is independent of my previous statement).

I'm going to preemptively defend myself against "No one asked you to claim" with "I'm extremely impatient, and I knew where this was going."
There's a bird in Senegal called a youyou.

Who knew?
?Charlie?
?Charlie?
Townie
?Charlie?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 am

Post by ?Charlie? »

unvote: ?YouYou?

I have to think about it.
As for the Quailman thing, it may be more a matter of replacing than lynching. Maybe we should get a prod?[/b]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:57 am

Post by mepmuff »

A few prods do seem to be in order. A deadline shouldn't be far behind.

I think ?Charlie? unvoted really fast. I don't see what's in the posts between that made you decide you'd had to think about it.

unvote, vote: ?Charlie?
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:55 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

mepmuff wrote:I don't see what's in the posts between that made you decide you'd had to think about it.
My claim, maybe?
There's a bird in Senegal called a youyou.

Who knew?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:59 am

Post by mepmuff »

unvote

I'll go and be ashamed of myself in a corner now. No idea how I managed to read over the biggest part of that post.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:09 am

?YouYou? wrote:
mepmuff wrote:I don't see what's in the posts between that made you decide you'd had to think about it.
My claim, maybe?
sorta
claim. i didn't see any role there (apart from "not vanilla"). not that a roleclaim would be a good idea at this point.

i believe that you're commodore. i sorta suspected you might have been him anyway. of course, being commodore doesn't make you town, though it looks like the odds are in your favour. i guess you're a bad day 1 lynch.

that means i really ought to
unvote
. :(

k, im off to reread for a better target.

????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:00 am

Post by ???? »

unvote

I'll go and put a prodding vote on
vote: GreenLiquid/b]

Post and I'll move on to others who've not posted enough.
I'm a figment of someone's imagination.
????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:01 am

Post by ???? »

vote: GreenLiquid
in correct bolding.
I'm a figment of someone's imagination.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:07 am

Post by Seol »

unvote: ?YouYou?, vote: GreenLiquid

We've got a serious lurker problem here and for now I'm happy to just prod.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:15 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

When it comes to claiming, I think we should still be leaving our other-name out of the picture. I don't see how that information benefits the town at all, only the scum. Role-claiming is fine under the usual circumstances, but I still think it's a big mistake linking our names and our ?names?.
BrianMcQueso (that's me) wrote:I know (well not know, but I'd bet serious money) there are no townies in this game. StrykkerVerde abhors putting basic townsfolk in his games.
I think I need to discuss this more. First and foremost, it is speculation. It's metagaming speculation, though. I know Strykker that well. He's not likely to put vanilla roles in the town. Yes, I am not a vanilla townie. But I am
not
pushing for claims of any kind. If you are vanilla, you can keep it to yourself, for all I care. I'm not looking for anyone to prove me wrong, because it's not that important to me. If anyone was pushing for mass claim, it would be ?YouYou?.

I still believe lynching ?YouYou? is the correct play here. he's publicly revealed his role, which can only hurt him... unless he's scum. Scum has no reason to fear revealing their other role. The claim is sketchy as well... well, it's not a real claim at all. I'm not sure why he's any
less
suspicious at this point. If we keep him around, there's the chance scum will leave him alone, making us even more suspicious of him tomorrow.

My vote stands.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Post by Seol »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I still believe lynching ?YouYou? is the correct play here. he's publicly revealed his role, which can only hurt him... unless he's scum. Scum has no reason to fear revealing their other role. The claim is sketchy as well... well, it's not a real claim at all. I'm not sure why he's any
less
suspicious at this point. If we keep him around, there's the chance scum will leave him alone, making us even more suspicious of him tomorrow.

My vote stands.
?YouYou? hasn't revealed his role. He's revealed his counterpart. Big difference. Unless, that is, you think his role-related comments count as a claim, which I don't, but I'll agree it's subjective.

There's also a big difference between revealing it when one half is dead - as is the case here - and when the other half is still alive, which would put that other half in danger. I agree that counterpart-claiming is
generally
a bad idea.

Obviously, if someone else is Commodore, they should claim. Then we can be sure to lynch scum.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:10 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I fail to see why one would falsely claim to be the counterpart of someone else...... However, if Commodore's someone else, go claim, of course.
?Impossible?
?Impossible?
Townie
?Impossible?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Post by ?Impossible? »

i doubt anyone would lie about their other half, because it is much too easy to get caught up in your lie. the other account just needs to sign on and disprove them.

maybe your ?alternate? could claim to be your regular account truthfully, then sign onto your regular name and lie, stating that your ?alternate? account is the one lying so that ?that person? gets lynched. i am not sure how it would really benefit you to distance yourself from your other account, but it is something that might happen.

i do not know what to do about ?youyou?, but i do know what to do about lurkers.
vote: greenliqud
nothing is impossible... except me

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”