ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I haven't done a full read-through yet, but I seem to remember that zindies play didn't strike me as overly scummy, just...unusual. He has his own style, and thats fine with me.

My thoughts on the loe:

SV - I wouldn't.

Vit - I've been coming round to this one, but I think...

Fritz - is probably the best option today.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Cavane, the reason I didn't answer the first question is because I'm not sure what I think the answer is. I can't really defend myself any more than the answer I gave to that question and the comments I made that led to him asking the question, because if I say anything more, Thesp is just going to blame WIFOM on me, and you can't defend against that, so I'm not going to bother continuing that line of thought.
Permanent V/LA.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by RafK »

I like Cavane's views and wish to subscribe to his newsletter. It's nice to replace an uncertain (the perpetually lurking DH/Vaughn) with a presence. My view of the "battle lines" here is finally taking shape.

Much as I'm not 100% certain of Fritzler either way, at this point my main problem with a Fritzler lynch is we need a lynch that resolves some arguments once and for all. We need someone executed that will make some people put up or shut up. Fritz is starting to feel like mnowax was yesterday: a late target about whom there's not been a lot of discussion on previous days. The only difference is that whereas mnowax was not one of Yos' own targets originally, but rather a late switch, Zindy raised Fritzler as an option pretty much from the start of this day (if not for that, you'd better believe I would be chalking Zindy up as a definite scum king right about now, instead of keeping an open mind on the subject).
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by Cavane »

Sorry about the lack of who was being quoted. My quote tags break whenever I include a name. In any case, I wasn't necessarily expecting responses from each of the people concerned. That was more for the benefit of the rest of the players, to know where I stand on recent events.

RafK: To begin recieving my newsletter, place $200 (A 20 year subscription) beneath the dumpster on Fourth and Main. You'll find your new issue in the same place bimonthly. Ask about our Gaurantee! Also, who do you think would be the most informative execution, not limiting yourself to the LoE?

mnowax and ThAdmiral: Listen to Yos.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:48 pm

To be honest, SV is probably our best execution today. I agree that Fritzler is starting to look like yesterday's lynch, even though I think he could be scum. SV is another possible scum, and there's been enough debate on her that we'd gain a lot of info from her execution.
Permanent V/LA.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by VitaminR »

mnowax wrote:VitR- I could go for his head. His tactics are a little shady when it comes to defense
I only defended myself yesterday. Today, no one has actually specified what they find suspicious about me. All that has happened is that I stated suspicions of PJ, part of which included disagreeing with his analysis of someone, and then people disagreed with my disagreeing.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 1:04 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Hammer Fritz or Mnowax, now.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Thesp »

Zindaras wrote:Vote: Fritzler, VitaminR

*gasp*

Now it's 4/3-3/2. I honestly don't see how 4 out of 16 means it's the "will of the people", or any more than Fritzler and Vitty are.
This helps. Thanks!

Why are you still side-stepping Mastermind of Sin? Why isn't he on there?

Also, lynching someone because it will give us information is a terrible reason to lynch someone.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:03 am

Post by RafK »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Hammer Fritz or Mnowax, now.[/quote]

Worried about something?

There's definitely sides coalescing on this one. The people desperate for the execution to be Fritz or mnowax (anything but SV!), and the other people. Some of the other people want SV dead, some are looking all around, but there's definitely a bloc fixated on avoiding the execution of anyone who's been the focus of argument. I believe the name of that bloc is "all or mostly scum".

To answer Cavane's question: Yos2, hands down. There is still a slight possibility that SV is a townie being used by the mafia as a stalking horse, someone they defend to gain credibility if a townie executes her. SV has not on the whole, since about day 2, been heavily involved in arguing for and against executions. Yos is no-one's stalking horse. Execution of Yos would establish which "side" is the scummy one. However, of the LOE, I would still execute SV. I think it would be very difficult (especially with the million or so replacements) for the scum to try and set a townie SV up like that.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Thesp »

RafK wrote:There is still a slight possibility that SV is a townie being used by the mafia as a stalking horse, someone they defend to gain credibility if a townie executes her.
See, I though SV was mafia being set up as a speedbump for the rest of the mafia bus.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote: To answer Cavane's question: Yos2, hands down. There is still a slight possibility that SV is a townie being used by the mafia as a stalking horse, someone they defend to gain credibility if a townie executes her. SV has not on the whole, since about day 2, been heavily involved in arguing for and against executions. Yos is no-one's stalking horse. Execution of Yos would establish which "side" is the scummy one.

:eyebrow:

I'm curious. What, exactally, would my death "establish"? Assume, for the sake of argument, that I ws executed and I came up pro-town. What would that prove, exactally?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Post by RafK »

Would prove I'm full of crap, and probably lead to the execution of myself and others you have been against.

However, I am very very very confident that you would come up scum- knowing that I am town, if you're town as well then the scum have an easy win here by getting you killed (whether by execution or nightkill) and then me executed in retaliation. Or alternatively me nightkilled, and you executed in retaliation. The scum are avoiding this confrontation- there hasn't been a massive chorus of support either with me or directly against me. Instead, time and again the thrust of the support goes to a target off to the side.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote:Would prove I'm full of crap, and probably lead to the execution of myself and others you have been against.

However, I am very very very confident that you would come up scum- knowing that I am town, if you're town as well then the scum have an easy win here by getting you killed (whether by execution or nightkill) and then me executed in retaliation. Or alternatively me nightkilled, and you executed in retaliation. The scum are avoiding this confrontation- there hasn't been a massive chorus of support either with me or directly against me. Instead, time and again the thrust of the support goes to a target off to the side.
How would me being town prove you were scum and get you executed? It would prove that you were WRONG, of course, but I've never argued that you're especally scummy; I tend to thing you're most likely a misguided townie, personally. And I'm not surprised the scum haven't "gone after you"; so long as you continue your crusade against me, you help keep the focus off the scum, and your incorrect assumption that I'm scum could be very dangerous for the town if we both make it to endgame.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:24 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I thought the reason would be pretty obvious for me not getting into the arguments for who's to be lynched today...

I'm one of the execution-candidates. As such, I will obviously be saying the other 2 are scummy. So I don't see how my input will add much to the game.

I'm not getting why Fritzler is 'yesterday's lynch' though.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 11:57 am

The comments and actions regarding a possible Fritzler execution are seeming a lot like those regarding Mnowax's execution yesterday.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 11:58 am

Thesp wrote:

*gasp*

Now it's 4/3-3/2. I honestly don't see how 4 out of 16 means it's the "will of the people", or any more than Fritzler and Vitty are.
This helps. Thanks!

Also, lynching someone because it will give us information is a terrible reason to lynch someone.
Thank you for completely ignoring the fact that I think SV is scummy and sidestepping that issue to try and twist my words into something bad.
Permanent V/LA.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Cavane »

Thok wrote:Also, lynching someone because it will give us information is a terrible reason to lynch someone.
And I disagree with that, in any case. Especially in a game with no investigative roles, lynching for information is perfectly valid.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Thok »

I'll politely remind people that Thesp and Thok are different people. Only Thok has the power to modkill people in this game.

Official vote count

King Zindaras (1):
Fritzler, VitaminR

List of Execution:
SV, VitaminR, Fritzler

Cavane (2):
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Fritzler (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): mnowax, Fritzler
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (4):
mnowax (3): (MOS)
petroleumjelly (1): mnowax, SV, VitaminR
RafK (0): Yosarian2, SV
spectrumvoid (6): MOS, Fritzler
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): MOS, SV, Cavane, Zindaras
Toaster Strudel (0): MOS, SV, Cavane, VitaminR, mnowax
VitaminR (3): SV, PetroleumJelly
Yosarian2 (1): Lowell
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Cavane »

Ack, sorry about that. That was Thesp's quote, obv. You can fix it, if you like Thok.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 3:28 am

Post by RafK »

FWIW, Zindy, SV has the highest number of votes too. Just saying :)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Thesp »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Thesp wrote:

*gasp*

This helps. Thanks!

Thank you for completely ignoring the fact that I think SV is scummy and sidestepping that issue to try and twist my words into something bad.
I'm confused. How did my attack on Zindaras here have anything to do with what you're suggesting? :?

(reads back)

Ah, you're upset that I think lynching someone to gain information is a terrible, terrible idea/strategy/way of doing things. If you think SV is scummy (and it seems you do), all power to you. However, when you say, "SV is another possible scum, and there's been enough debate on her that we'd gain a lot of info from her execution", I have to take issue with that. If you list 5 good reasons and one "suspect" reason, it seems absurd to me that I oughtn't call out the "suspect" reason (which is what you're suggesting here).
Cavane wrote:And I disagree with that, in any case. Especially in a game with no investigative roles, lynching for information is perfectly valid.
We're going to get information no matter what. We should lynch someone because we think they're scum. Lynching scum gives us a heck of a lot more info than lynching a random townie because lots of people have weighed in on said random townie.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 9:37 am

Thesp, it's not a bad reason
unless
you don't think the person is scum. Taking two relatively scummy people and lynching one because they give you more information to act on the next day is a
good
thing, not a terrible thing.
Permanent V/LA.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Fritzler »

Zindaras wrote:
Thesp wrote:See the vote count - You and mnowax have 4 & 3 votes respectively, while Fritzler and VitaminR have 2 and 1 respectively. For a king who seems to be not participating very much in his own reign, I find it especially odd he glossed over some apparent will of the people without so much as a word.
Vote: Fritzler, VitaminR

*gasp*

forgive me for not taking this seriously
Surfs up dude.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cavane wrote:Sorry about the lack of who was being quoted. My quote tags break whenever I include a name. In any case, I wasn't necessarily expecting responses from each of the people concerned. That was more for the benefit of the rest of the players, to know where I stand on recent events.
Put " " around the names.
Thesp wrote:This helps. Thanks!
You're welcome.
Why are you still side-stepping Mastermind of Sin?
I ain't side-stepping no one, dear Thesp. He isn't on my LoE, so I believe he's not a good execution. I believe that the huge amount of flak he got for his unorthodox playstyle in this game is an indicator of being town. Your case is reasonable, but I do not believe it makes him a better execution than others.
Why isn't he on there?
Because I don't believe he's a good execution. Also, for your information, I will not be coerced into executing anyone.
spectrumvoid wrote:I thought the reason would be pretty obvious for me not getting into the arguments for who's to be lynched today...

I'm one of the execution-candidates. As such, I will obviously be saying the other 2 are scummy. So I don't see how my input will add much to the game.
Yuck. This looks scummity scummity scum to me. But, my dear voidybuns, you're not getting away this easily.

What amazes me, time and time again, is the value people place in the LoE. Essentially, an LoE is intangible, irrelevant. It says very very little. Now, voidybuns, all that your strategy accomplishes is that it makes you look even scummier because you look frightfully opportunistic.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

Fritzler wrote:forgive me for not taking this seriously
Hey Fritz. I love you.

Who's the play?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”