Shy Guy, Assassin of Pétrolli, Lynched Day Three

• 2.)
      armlx, Khalif of Jelluña, Assassinated Twilight Day Three

• 9.)
      q21, Khalif of Jelluña, Assassinated Twilight Day Three

[/list:u]

Potential Replacements
      : 5
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 23 times in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:07 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Guard Role PM (10)

Guard Role PM wrote:You are a
Guard of Jelluña
. Your khalifs are
[Player X]
and
[Player Y]
. It is your sworn duty to protect these khalifs from all harm.

In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one khalif must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Khalif Role PM (2)

Khalif Role PM wrote:You are a
Khalif of Jelluña
. Without your partner khalif in the correct clothing, you cannot recognize them – they appear as simply another guard to you.

In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one khalif must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Assassin Role PM (2)

Assassin Role PM wrote:You are an
Assassin of Pétrolli
. Your partner in crime is
[Player X]
. Together, you are on a suicide mission to kill the khalifs of Jelluña.

There are two circumstances in which you may kill.

1.)
If you are lynched, you will have the opportunity to kill moments prior to your death. The thread will be locked, and you will have 72 real-time hours to make your decision. If your partner is alive at this time, you may speak with them using an intricate language of signs. This choice will be sent directly to me.

2.)
At any point during the game (not counting when the thread is locked), either one of you may make a suicide kill. This choice will be made in-thread with the following format:
Suicide Attack: Player Y (and Player Z)
, where the parenthetical is only to be used when the correct conditions are met. Both you and the player(s) you attack will die.

The following two restrictions apply to both killing methods:

-->
a.
If there are two assassins alive, you may only target one player for assassination.
-->
b.
If there is one assassin alive, you may target two players for assassination (unless there is only one khalif alive, in which case you may only target one player for assassination).

In order to win, both khalifs must be dead. It is not necessary for either of you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may daytalk with your partner only for the first 120 real-time hours (5 days) of the game. After that, the only other opportunity the two of you will have to talk with each other will be in the case where both of you are alive, and one is lynched, resulting with a locked game and 72-hours for the two of you to talk amongst yourselves.

Other than your partner under certain conditions, you may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Jelly's Rules
, special rules in
dark red

Rules on What is Allowable

[01] This is only a game, and I expect all players to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, the Head Jelly reserves the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as myself.
[02] Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so, and even then, you are restricted to night-time for all out-of-thread conversation.
Even idle talk with non-players is disallowed; breaking of this rule will result in a modkill, and if the infraction is severe enough, the whole game may need to be called.

[03] Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself.
[04] Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, the Mod reserves the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
[05] Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
[06] You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded
Mod: So-and-so
so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
[07] Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then you are dead. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a typical “Bah!” post of some sort.
[08] No talking during twilight. Such posts may be deleted, and you will be subject to either replacement or modkilling.

[09] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my votecounts, but that’s about as far as I’ll allow things.
[10]
Only the mod or co-mod may post in dark red. The first offense will result in me editing your post. The second offense will result in a replacement or modkill -- the modkill is much more likely if it is clear you were attempting to impersonate the current mod.

[11]
No player may post a "fake" suicide kill, or anything mildly resembling such a kill. Such a player will be modkilled, regardless of alignment or role.

[12]
No player may post a list (real or "fake") of the identity of the Khalifs. This will result in a modkill, and may result in the game being called.

[13] You are allowed to have fun, and in fact, I heartily encourage it! This is a game! Play hard, play fair, and enjoy yourself.

Technical Rules

[01] Each day the town must decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
[02] To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example,
Vote: PJ.
As you can see, abbreviations – so long as they are intelligible and informative – are allowable.
[03] If you wish to unvote, I would appreciate a formal bold
Unvote: PJ
, although this will not be required.
[04]
Day One has a three week deadline. All subsequent Days have a two week deadline.

[05] If two or more players are tied for the most votes when a deadline hits, and they have garnered the required amount of votes to be lynched under a deadline, the player who reached that number of votes first shall be lynched.
The "required amount of votes" this game is a simple plurality – whoever has the most votes.

[06]
No lynch is not an option. Each day
must
end with a lynch. If no votes are countable, then
everybody is lynched
is hence the town loses and the assassins win.

[07]
There are no Nights. When an assassin is lynched, however, the thread will be locked for a 72-hour period.

[08] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.
[09] Any and all of these rules are subject to change at my discretion.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Roles are being randomized. This is the confirmation stage. Confirm by PM -- I expect each confirmation to specify all relevant information. In other words, Guards must identify their role and who the Khalifs are; Khalifs must identify their role; and Assassins must identify their role and their partner.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Every player has indicated the basic knowledge required for their roles.

When one enters the Chamber of Meditation, the first images to behold are the almond tree in the center of the room, and the encircling tranquil, horseshoe-bend stream. A seemingly silken alabaster path encircles the makeshift moat, with a tiny bridge cutting across the two loose strands of water (which lead off to the two separate corners in the back of the room). The chamber has no ceiling, but is instead one with the elements.

The sun shines brightly overhead.

Two khalifs sit upon twin cushions, beyond the stream, beyond the bridge, beyond the almond tree. They are beyond the cares of the world, allowing their bodies to remain lifeless while their souls are free and peaceful. They are both one with each other, and complete strangers. The only sounds in the room are their twin heartbeats, their twin breathing, the gentle trickling of the stream, and an occasional rustling of leaves.

The moon moves ever closer to the sun.

Two guards stand silently outside the door to the chamber, each holding dual bearded axes across their chests. Suddenly, one points to the sky:

"Assassins in the palace!"

Two cloaked and veiled figures hop gracefully from arch to arch towards the Chamber of Meditation, taking distinct advantage over the wide-open layout of the building. Guards from all 'round rush to the room. From an aerial point of view, ebony and plum swishes of cloth all rush through (and over) the walls of the labyrinth that is the palace, all busily heading towards the square in the middle.

At once, several things occur. The two assassins glide into the room, landing on one side of the stream. Ten guards enter the room, armed and anxious. The khalifs are jolted from their meditation. And the sun is eclipsed by the moon, casting them all into shadow.

The moment passes.

As light is shed back into the room, the two purple assassin cloaks are still flurrying towards the ground... and every single person in the room is garbed in the clothing of a guard, each equipped with two axes.

You know what to do.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. A plurality vote suffices at deadline.

Deadline: 504 hours (21 days) from this post.

Edit: Prods will go out once an individual has not posted for a period of 72 hours. If that player then fails to post after an additional 48 hours, that player will be replaced.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count: #1

ZombieSlayer54 – 6 – scotmany12, JDodge, Flameaxe, Shy Guy, Yosarian2, ZombieSlayer54

Flameaxe – 1 – Cogito Ergo Sum
JDodge – 1 – q21
q21 – 1 – andersonw
Yosarian2 – 1 – Primate

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline for Day One hits on April 21, 2:36 pm PST.

Not Voting – 4 – armlx, Greasy Spot, KaleiÐoscøpe, Xdaamno
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Mod Note: I will stave off modkilling ZombieSlayer54, instead replacing that with a warning. Assassins in the Palace II does not require a rule which disallows players from referencing on-going games, specifically because on-going games
already
have a rule inherent to them which disallows players discussing said games outside the confines of the game. The rule in question here was thus:

MikeBurnFire's Rules wrote:
The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
... which has been violated here. However, I do not feel the violation in question here was severe enough to warrant a modkilling. Unfortunately, since I was not here to edit his post in a timely manner, the post will remain as-is as a good number of players have undoubtedly already seen this post, and removing it at this time would likely be pointless and overly confusing (especially given that I had to reference MikeBurnFire's rules to show how ZombieSlayer54 was in fact violating a rule).

A second such offense by
any
player will result in a modkill (so as to deter people from trying to get a "free" reference to an on-going game without repercussion).
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official End of Day One Vote Count

ZombieSlayer54 – 8 – scotmany12, JDodge, Flameaxe, Shy Guy, Yosarian2, ZombieSlayer54, Greasy Spot, Primate

Flameaxe – 1 – Cogito Ergo Sum
JDodge – 1 – q21
q21 – 1 – andersonw

With
votes, ZombieSlayer54 has been lynched. He was an
Assassin of Pétrolli
. Deadline for twilight will last 72 hours from this post, at which point the thread will re-open.

Not Voting – 3 – armlx, KaleiÐoscøpe, Xdaamno
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:19 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

The stream gurgles pleasantly from one the one corner of the back of the room, around the almond tree, and back out the other corner of the back of the room. ZombieSlayer54 gives a gurgle as three people walk towards him; two to hold him down, and the third with a silk ribbon to choke the life out of him without leaving a drop of blood.

He crouches low, as if anticipating moves from every side. His hand reaches into one of the crannies of his shirt... and before any move can be made to grab him, a deep purple cloak materializes and he is darting through the room. He covers up his head and torso with the cloak – it is difficult to tell what (if anything) he is doing.

He grabs a person seemingly at random, forcing them both to tumble into the stream. ZombieSlayer54 flashes a maniacal grin. "
For Pétrolli
" he whispers to Flameaxe quietly with a wry smile, while dropping a piece of fire into the water.

The stream almost instantly erupts into flame. Flameaxe tries to scramble away, but the Assassin has a tight grip on him. "With our time being banished in the Desert, we have found a way to improve upon Greek Fire." His clothes begin to blacken along with his skin. "We've also improved upon a particular Chinese art."

From under his shirt he extracts a tiny little bag with a very short string attached, and ZombieSlayer54 lowers it -- almost agonizingly slowly -- directly over the burning water.

K
A
P
O
W
!

Paisley patterns or purple flashes into the sky. The congregation in the room shield their faces instinctively, and experience a burst of heat. Hair is blown back, and clothes whip around from the force of the explosion. As the whizzing powders turn to hot ash falling back into the Chamber of Meditation, it is slowly realized that neither of the charred bodies slowly floating towards the edge of the room is a Khalif of Jelluña.

The fiery water crackles in delight.

ZombieSlayer54, Assassin of Pétrolli, has been lynched!

Flameaxe, Guard of Jelluña, has been assassinated!

It is now
Day Two
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official End of Day Two Vote Count

andersonw – 7 – q21, JDodge, Shy Guy, Xdaamno, andersonw, Primate, armlx

With
votes, andersonw has been lynched.

Not Voting – 5 – Cogito Ergo Sum, Greasy Spot, KaleiÐoscøpe, scotmany12, Yosarian2

~~~~~

Gloomily, andersonw retrieves the torn remnant of the purple cape worn by the assassin whose body is still floating eerily in one of the corners of the room, continually bumping into the wall. The fire on the water has already passed through the room and outside the Chamber... an eerie omen for those outside the palace, a mobile funeral pyre for two.

Those in the room are still a little speechless at the spectacle they have just witnessed and experienced. These assassins were quite serious, and quite deadly. And there was one more in the room. The room stands in silence as they watch andersonw solemnly clean up.

"Brother: why do you honor the assassin so?"

andersonw looks up, a little surprised. "Honor? That assassin is due no honor. To attempt to murder a khalif is treacherous. I am only trying to-"

"That man in the water with him was a guard. Or did you actually think he was a khalif?"

In relatively few words, the issue had already been decided. The cloth is snatched from his hands, and promptly rolled into a makeshift rope. His eyes dance with water as his arms are held tightly. He does not fight back, but instead watches in horror as one 'guard' expertly winds the rope into a noose, which is (surprisingly gently) placed around his neck.

The group does not speak as he is led to the almond tree in the center of the Chamber of Meditation. The rope is fairly short – but two 'guards' manage to slip one end of it over one of the lower branches and tie it firmly. The unfortunate man is picked up from the ground, and the two guards leap up and to the side, sliding the knotted rope up the branch, to the point where andersonw's feet no longer touch the ground. The group then stands a respectable distance from the tree.

There is no oral word while andersonw's face slowly turns color. Nobody wants to do this. His hands grasp almost involuntarily around his neck, trying to stick his fingers under the rope. His legs try to reach to the trunk of the tree to loosen the grip. He tries to reach the branch above his head. While doing this, he lets out a series of gurgling moans.

Still, the group is silent. Their faces betray no emotion.

Tears fall from andersonw's face to the ground as he ceases his struggle. With a final twitch, he dies after four minutes.

andersonw, Guard of Jelluña, has been lynched!
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

It is now
Day Three
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

I would like to emphasize "Rules on What is Allowable #8":
Rules wrote:
[08] No talking during twilight. Such posts may be deleted, and you will be subject to either replacement or modkilling.
When somebody is lynched, please refrain from talking. A "Bah!" post is the only exception.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

End of Day Three Vote Count

Shy Guy – 6 – Xdaamno, Greasy Spot, armlx, JDodge, scotmany12, q21

Greasy Spot – 1 – Shy Guy

With
votes, Shy Guy has been lynched. He was the second
Assassin of Pétrolli!
Deadline for twilight will last 72 hours from this post, at which point the thread will reopen and the outcome of this ordeal will be decided.

Not Voting – 4 – Cogito Ergo Sum, KaleiÐoscøpe, Primate, Yosarian2
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

The Final Twilight

Almonds from the hanging are scattered all about the perimeter of the tree. The moon and the sun have distanced from each other only slightly – not much time has passed since the intrusion from this moment.

Shy Guy suddenly pulls a purple cape out from under his outfit. No words need to be spoken. One talks only when talking is necessary. The significance is clear.

In either hand, he holds a tiny little brown sack – reminiscent of the first assassin's trick. "Two of you shall die with me. More if you are not reasonable. Now stand apart, and do not make any moves towards me."

About half those in the room draw their axes, and at that same moment the assassin almost magically lights one of the bags with a quick movement of his hand, and efficiently launches it directly into armlx's torso, too quickly to dodge. The explosion is instantaneous. The reaction of all in the room in the room betrays that the assassin has hit his mark.

armlx, Khalif of Jelluña, has been assassinated!

"Now. Try that again and I will be able to kill more than one of you." Sparkling dust sprinkles throughout the room – smartly, Shy Guy had protected the second bag under his cloak while the first had been detonated. The guards, disheartened, lower their axes.

Shy Guy gives the final words he will ever speak in this world.

"I am here because your city has long ignored the desert peoples of Pétrolli. Over the years, we have lived from the earth, and died by the earth. Outside of your isolating walls, we have been starving. We have been crying. We have been dying. Our cries have reached your ears, and yet you act is if you do not hear.

"Well. Today you
will
hear. All of Jelluña will hear. And all of Jelluña will see."

He takes a third bag from somewhere in his clothes, and begins carefully placing it into a metal tube while finishing his speech.

"Do not be alarmed. This bag is not for you. This is a special bag. This bag is for humanity. This bag is to signal a change in the world. A change for the Jelluña. A change for Pétrolli. A change for the better. Remember these words, and hopefully you will learn to have a care for others besides those who happen to be prosperous with you. When one is blessed, one ought to bless others.

"And when one is cursed," he says sadly, "one can only but curse others."

An axe is suddenly thrown at his forehead, but it is too late. The third bag flies from the canister into the sky, and fully aware of the danger Shy Guy then tosses the second bag directly in the face of q21.

Shy Guy, Assassin of Pétrolli, has been lynched!

q21, Khalif of Jelluña, has been assassinated!

The sky is filled with a blue blast, and ashen tears rain back down upon the soil.

The Assassins of Pétrolli – ZombieSlayer54 and Shy Guy – have won!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Roles

• 1.) andersonw, Guard

• 2.) armlx, Khalif

• 3.) Cogito Ergo Sum, Guard

• 4.) Flameaxe, Guard

• 5.) Greasy Spot, Guard

• 6.) JDodge, Guard

• 7.) KaleiÐoscøpe, Guard

• 8.) Primate, Guard

• 9.) q21, Khalif

• 10.) scotmany12, Guard

• 11.) Shy Guy, Assassin

• 12.) Xdaamno, Guard

• 13.) Yosarian2, Guard

• 14.) ZombieSlayer54, Assassin
    [/list:u]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Please take heated arguments to PMs. If you have suggestions or constructive criticism, that is fine, but from this point I will edit or delete posts if they cross the line (that line being determined solely by me).

Nobody wants to read bickering at the finish of a game. Take it outside.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #202 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

PMs sent to me throughout the game

q21

q21 wrote:As for thoughts: I think I'm going to play like the newbie most people will expect me to be. At least to start with anyway. You know: query things which should be obvious, make a few dumb mistakes, maybe even claim mercy for being a n00b. Hopefully some of the guards pick up on that and call me out like they would any other new player and vote for me a bit - that should hopefully throw the assassins of my trail for a bit.

I'd like to come off as a (hopefully suspicious) new player who the scum can try to get an easy lynch on. The danger is that if I say something stupid and 7 or 8 people agree with me the killers are going to notice that something is wrong.

Anyway, can't wait for the game to start.
q21 wrote:I knew this game would be quick, I didn't realise they'd pull off a speedlynch in the 5 hours I was asleep.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy wrote:my partner's play is frustrating.

q21 and yos2 aren't kaliphs.

andersonw might be.
Shy Guy wrote:I told him to send in q21, hopefully he does, and I told him that I'd be re-reading and send a better choice if I found one.

This game certainly will be interesting.
Shy Guy wrote:current projection:
q21 and armlx
Shy Guy wrote:Well, my first two targets are:

q21 and armlx.

if I change them I'll let you know.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”