Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:42 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day Four Vote Count: #3

Cogito Ergo Scum – 1 – Jenter Brolincani
Elmo – 1 – Bookitty
UltimaAvalon – 1 – Battle Mage

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 4 – Cogito Ergo Scum, Elmo, Mirth, UltimaAvalon
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Mirth; according to Mikeburnfire's flash tutorials, an inventor is a person given a set of one-use items representing night actions, i.e. me.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Mirth »

The Wiki says inventor can pass items/abilities along. So CES's claim also makes sense.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Elmo »

Really basic question, here: CES claims he got a one-shot ability on night 1. Assuming the mafia have a roleblocker or something, I can't see originality getting blocked at any point. I also can't see him giving stuff away night 1 and then not doing it subsequent nights.

So: if CES is telling the truth, why does no-one have an ability from night 2?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Mirth »

Maybe Flameaxe got it? Maybe he gave away a different ability? Maybe CES is lying. Don't know
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Actually
Unvote

UA's role was revealed in Contagion. My meta idea was ill-advised. Lets say no more about it! :)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

I should probably vote someone at some point, but I don't know who to vote for yet.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by Mirth »

Im going to disapear for a few days. Sorry. Real life = evil
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Bookitty »

As I see it:

I don't think scum would have chosen to miss a nightkill. So I believe CES saved UA's life last night. By extension, of course, that means UA was targeted, and that means he is also town.

So now I have UA/CES/Mirth/myself as town. (I only know that about Mirth and myself, but I doubt that scum would link themselves so clearly as UA and CES have done. If only one of the two is scum, it has to be CES. Both would have to be scum if UA is.

That leaves Jenter, whose claim is weird, but may be truthful. MAY be.

And two vanilla townies in a town that had three already.

I'm most suspicious of Battle Mage, so since I think the scum must be in that trio, I will:

unvote; vote Battle Mage
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Elmo »

BM: UA was neutral there. I don't see how would that cause you to unvote him here?

Boo: Why do you not think scum would have chosen to no kill? It seems perfectly viable to me from CES's point of view. I'd comment that you seem to be trying to do process of elimination in a situation where it doesn't seem entirely appropriate, because we can't clear (m)any people.

So I have been going to reread for like ever now. I'll get on that. :?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Bookitty »

Elmo: Why no-kill now?

Since Originality was an inventor, he could have claimed his own personal results in his own defence, had he had any. He didn't choose to do that. This argues that he didn't have any personal results, bolstering CES's claim of receiving a power from Originality. The interactions of Originality to CES generally support that he would have trusted CES enough to give him such a power.

It's possible that CES is scum, and chose not to kill in order to muddy the waters. I just don't find it most likely.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Elmo wrote:BM: UA was neutral there. I don't see how would that cause you to unvote him here?

Boo: Why do you not think scum would have chosen to no kill? It seems perfectly viable to me from CES's point of view. I'd comment that you seem to be trying to do process of elimination in a situation where it doesn't seem entirely appropriate, because we can't clear (m)any people.

So I have been going to reread for like ever now. I'll get on that. :?
because he told the truth about his role. And he spoke about his role here in the same manner. Hence, my meta indicates that he is probably telling the truth here.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:20 am

Orignality didn't CLAIM. Besides which he wasn't actually really playing at the time we lynched him. It has no bearing on CES that he didn't give any results.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Mirth »

Still can't really talk. Am having computer issues. My apologies. (Hopefully I'll get that fixed by Weds. Fingers crossed.) Need to get back to work now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm wondering why UltimaAvalon vanished after Elmo asked him questions.

@mod:
Can we get a prod on UA, please?

Mod Edit: Prod sent.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Mirth »

I'm still having computer issues. Was supposed to get a new card today, FedEx decided to hate me, so I'm still V/LA for the time being.

Have nothing much to add to the discussion other than why is No Kill viable? We're not in lylo. Scum are at a slight numerical disadvantage. So why?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

Bookitty wrote:I don't think scum would have chosen to miss a nightkill. So I believe CES saved UA's life last night. [..] So now I have CES as town.
Simply put, this is why no kill seems viable to me. It strikes me as a good way to 'clear' CES without actually aiding the town that much, even assuming UA is town; he'd only live a night longer than he otherwise would.
If
CES is scum, then it seems that with his original position, plus the townie cred from 'saving' UA, he'd be well placed to survive for a while. You'd only need to keep UA alive an extra day longer, which is probably not a big deal. I should point out that I don't necessarily think this is what's happening, but it seems a perfectly reasonable possibility to me, and I don't really want to rule it out. (In any case, a lack of
known
reasons why a certain play would be a good idea is not enough to eliminate a possibility; even in open setups you'd frequently end up going down the route of WIFOM, 'Well, they wouldn't possibly have left the claimed cop alive with no doc, so she must be scum' and so on.)

Hmm. UA needs to get in here and explain why he wants Bookitty/Mirth lynched, in great detail. Especially after he used his claimed roleblocking of Bookitty as a reason why she should be lynched
after
CES provided an apparently reasonable explanation for why there was no kill last night.

Should we be directing UA's night action, folks?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Elmo »

Oh. Yes. I forgot some stuff, sorry.

Bookitty: Originality coulda claimed inventor at any point (if, say, UA had actually asked for a claim before hammering - which was very silly if you're town, by the way) if he wanted to avert his impending doom, and he didn't. If he had personal results, he could have claimed them; if he's given stuff away, that's confirmable as well, and that's a strong claim. So the fact he didn't claim anything argues precisely one thing: he's a bear of very little brain. That's it, as far as I can see.

CES: Why not? When will you know?
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Also, I thought, and still think, that PWS was very townish.
This needs elaboration, now. Like, actual details about why you thought that.
Battle Mage wrote:ok, im on Page 8, and PWS and Dybeck are scum.
Interesting. What prompts that opinion of PWS?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I cant remember. this is a massive game, and it was ages ago that i read it. anyway, a list of who claimed what would be useful.

Meanwhile
Vote: Jenter Brolincali
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:46 am

Elmo wrote:CES: Why not? When will you know?
I don't know because before the massclaim I had Mirth and Bookitty as my two top suspects, but since they claimed mason, they're obviously not the optimal lynch for today.

I also believe UA to be town, because of the lack of a kill last night.

That leaves you, BM and JB. JB's the uncounterclaimed investigative role, so that's enough for me not to vote him today. That leaves BM and you. With all the replacements that have been going on, reading is hella confusing.

However, based on predecessors, I'd say Elmo is the best bet for today's lynch.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Elmo »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:JB's the uncounterclaimed investigative role, so that's enough for me not to vote him today.
We haven't got anything from Jenter. We're not going to get anything from Jenter. He himself has admitted that, from his point of view, his role is likely just bastard-modding. Tell me, what exactly have you got out of his investigations so far?

BM: Bookitty & Mirth claimed masons. UA claimed roleblocker-with-a-twist. Jenter claimed an apparently useless role. Everyone else is vanilla.

Also, yea,
vote
:
Jenter Brolincali

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I'm horribly sorry. I got swamped with school, and certifications and blah blah blah... only posting in certain ares of the site that JD believed deserved my attention. I'll look at the last couple of pages to see what I need to address this weekend, but if someone would like to point out these things for me in a convenient post, I'd be much obliged.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:25 am

Nobody spells the damn name right, do they? If you want to kill me, at least spell my freaking NAME RIGHT on the death warrant!

More to the point, may I point out that the only claim which is at all easy for me to disbelieve remains CES's. His claim does not fit with the pattern of inventoring shown in my role, and there are to my mind several signs that it's bogus;

CES goes into last night, pulls a No Kill. He wants to get himself cleared. He comes into the day trying to think of a way of at least hinting doc...
*tickles Bookitty* So, yeah, my concerns about the originality wagon seemed about right. I would still surmise that we should all go back and look at people who were pushing him over jmar. This is, again, why jumping lazily on a wagon and not giving any real reason hurts us the day after, because I have no idea about anyone except Bookitty based on yesterday alone. I think the previous days are likely to be more informative, and I'll go reread them soonish (couple days?).

Mirth, I seriously doubt that mafia intentionally No Killed. I'd surmise that either a) someone got roleblocked or b) someone was doc protected, possibly by a one-shot ability from our dead inventor, possibly by a usual doc. Certainly UA's claimed non-vanilla makes him both an obvious kill target and obvious protection choice if he's town, although otherwise I think I'd be asking questions as well.

UA obvious prtection choice? Who did CES then claim to have protected?

CES's observation, as I understand it, followed my own thoughts: there is, generally speaking, one protection-type role per game (modulo the usual problems with outguessing the mod), so Flameaxe's death probably (for some unknown value of 'probably') means we don't have any protection roles left.

I don't see any benefit to massclaiming at the moment. I do figure if someone got a one-shot doc ability and protected someone, they should be claiming that today. Ditto one-shot RB. I think if there's any other 'normal' power role out there, they should be staying hidden for now. (We've got 7 alive, we're not in LyLo yet, assuming 2 scum left.)

And here Elmo broaches the idea someone got a One-Shot. CES could easily ahve taken this to mean that Elmo had some way of knowing there WERE one-shot's out there, making it a better claim.

CES: Why Mirth?

We're now deadlined, and we've ditched the guy holding everything up, so I really don't see any reason for a similar amount of slacking, now. Postpostpost.
And for clairification of the above, the claim;
I protected UA last night. I got a one-shot doc on night 1, presumably from Originality, although I didn't know so at that time. I got no confirmation of stopping a nightkill, but I think it's the most logical explanation for the lack of a dead body.
I see no case presented agisnt me, so I can't answer it. Why do you three (BM, Elmo, CES) see me as scum? Actually, CES I think is scum so that's logical assuming I'm right, but BM and Elmo I want to hear from.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 am

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Why do you three (BM, Elmo, CES) see me as scum?
If anything, I'm actually the only one saying you're town, here, Jenter.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:58 am

Oh, sorry, I just checked the VC at the top of the page, which lists you as voting for me. Apolgies for that.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”