Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:55 am

Post by Phate »

Just because town shouldn't self-hammer doesn't mean they don't, especially newbies. And if he is scum, why would you give him a chance to self-hammer?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 am

Post by vollkan »

Fonz wrote: Only scum have a reason to self-hammer. And you should know my position on self-voting town players by now.
Exactly. Only scum have a reasonable excuse to self-hammer. But unreasonable newb town also do it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Oman wrote:No, boredom.
QFT.
I've read through. I stated my second option. I'm not sure what else you want me to say. No one really stands out as scum and at this point I think knowing for sure Spacecases alignment may help out for the next day. I'm sure this will be crap reasoning to some, but look at it this way. If spacecase is scum we should look at who held up the wagon and was trying to get someone else to look scummie. If spacecase is not scum we look at everyone who jumped on the wagon early and easily. Some people may not like my idea, but really where have we really gotten on day 2 thus far that hasn't been said to death?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

Phate wrote:Just because town shouldn't self-hammer doesn't mean they don't, especially newbies. And if he is scum, why would you give him a chance to self-hammer?
1. Well yeah, they do. But the lynch -1 is indicative that I want him dead, excepting a convincing claim. I've never seen a newbie powerrole self-hammer.

2. Why would we care? It's dead scum either way.
vollkan wrote:
Fonz wrote: Only scum have a reason to self-hammer. And you should know my position on self-voting town players by now.
Exactly. Only scum have a reasonable excuse to self-hammer. But unreasonable newb town also do it.
Well yes, but that's what I mean by 'my position.' Anyone who self-votes I would demand by lynched, and never waiver, because it's my most hated thing on scum. If he's going to self-vote in such a way that actually causes his death, then it just saves me the effort.
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Spacecase »

Claim Townie
I'm a townie sorry that I'm not your scum :\
Get Lynched!
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I believe Spacecase's claim. So sue me.

I really dont know what else to do here. I'm gonna vote phate as it's the only scum like thing I have going here. I got a lot of gut feelings and question marks, but nothing else concrete. Maybe voting him will bring him back, though I'm doubting it. I know SC has been lurking too, but at least he bothers to show up.
vote: phate
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Oman »

LTG, why do you believe the claim?

Do you believe him to be town independent of the townie claim?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:38 am

Post by LaptopGun »

I believe the wagon was run by the mafia. Mafia tend to want to mislynch town and/or non-mafia scum. He claimed town, not something we can disprove like doc or cop (haha on the later one). I am not comfortable with the wagon. It seems the best argument for it, before it stalled, was there are so many votes on him it will happen. Yes I know he acted scum on plenty occasions (and that's a problem). Problem is so did our dearly departed friend Kab. I wonder how much stuff was blown out of proportion in the name of scum hunting or scum doing what they do best.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Oman wrote: Do you believe him to be town independent of the townie claim?
I thought it was a very real possibility before he claimed. It is consitent my expectation that the mafia attempted to get him mislynched. I guess my beliefs dont depend on the claim, but they are re-enforced by it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

Let's lynch the guy already.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Phate »

Maybe voting him will bring him back, though I'm doubting it. I know SC has been lurking too, but at least he bothers to show up. vote: phate
Whether I'm 'brought back' or not will have nothing to do with your vote. I've been busy lately; this is also apparent in my only other game at the moment, Mafia 74. Now, though, it's the weekend, so I'll have a bit more time to devote to this game.

I don't think someone should be assumed to be town just because they claimed townie... and yet I'm still unsure of the case on SpaceCase other than 'erratic play', which most newbies are guilty of.

-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Seventh Vote Count of the Day

Spacecase - 6 (Shteven, farside22, Rigel, Oman, dahill1, TheFonz)

Phate - 2 (Cipher, LaptopGun)

Not voting - 5 (
Spacecase, Perfectiondoesnotexist, vollkan, MadCrawdad, Phate
)

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

I am seeking replacement for Perfectiondoesnotexist.

Edit: Thanks, Shteven.
Last edited by -TinVision- on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by dahill1 »

phate is starting to look like a good vote for me, if the SC wagon is slowing down
i'm also sort of getting cold feet about SC and the two people voting for phate so far are the cop and confirmed townie
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Phate »

dahill, your entire reason for suspecting me (without voting me, just gauging the waters) is that other people are on the wagon? You don't even take the time to find and echo their reasons, you just say 'good enough for them, good enough for me?'

That was an incredibly scummy post.

LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I'm sorry to get presumptious with you being busy. I some how managed to not to realize. I know how it feels to have a billion things going on and this game having like no priority.
Phate wrote:dahill, your entire reason for suspecting me (without voting me, just gauging the waters) is that other people are on the wagon? You don't even take the time to find and echo their reasons, you just say 'good enough for them, good enough for me?'

Certainly true. He did it before, hell he's done similar stuff to others. I haven't really made up my mind either way about him. I'd liek to hear his response. I happen to like his reason, though let me point out there is not confirm that phate has been investigated. Cipher obviously hasnt and it's only a possibility (ok one of my pet theories) that Justin investigated him and thus wanted to draw attention to Phate (or the other people he talked about, or I'm just plain wrong. I've said this. It's just the best thing I got).
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Phate wrote:dahill, your entire reason for suspecting me (without voting me, just gauging the waters) is that other people are on the wagon? You don't even take the time to find and echo their reasons, you just say 'good enough for them, good enough for me?'

thats not my reason for suspecting you..
i just pointed out that the SC wagon was slowing, and you happened to be the next suspect on my (and others') list. my reasons for suspecting you is because you switched quickly from saying Kab is town to heavily suspecting him, just like Spacecase. also, as i pointed out before, you hadn't realized cipher had claimed which is scummy in my book. scum don't always have to read through the thread. they can just look for when they are mentioned and defend themselves to slip by. i'm not saying scum always do that, but it is more likely for scum than town to do that. furthermore, the fact that the confirmed townie and cop suspect you does somewhat contribute to my suspicion. i think that even though he might not have investigated you, Cipher's opinion should be the most highly valued because of his pro-town power role. LaptopGun also should have a valued opinion because he is confirmed town. there is a chance he could be the GF, but i believe him to be town.
those are my reasons
vote phate
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by dahill1 »

EBWOP
forgot the unvote

unvote vote phate
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Shteven »

Mod
: Minor error, but you still have SSF listed as not voting, when he's been replaced. And may be replaced again.

As for the 4 actives who aren't voting: Why the hell aren't you? *cough* Can you at least fos someone? Doesn't have to be anyone in particular, but I'd like to at least hear something. Especially Phate, who's now up to 3 votes and still doesn't seem interested in telling us who he thinks is scum.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 am

Post by vollkan »

LTG wrote: I believe Spacecase's claim. So sue me.

I really dont know what else to do here. I'm gonna vote phate as it's the only scum like thing I have going here. I got a lot of gut feelings and question marks, but nothing else concrete. Maybe voting him will bring him back, though I'm doubting it. I know SC has been lurking too, but at least he bothers to show up. vote: phate
I remain skeptical. I will look into Phate nonetheless and see if he is viable scum.
dahill wrote: my reasons for suspecting you is because you switched quickly from saying Kab is town to heavily suspecting him, just like Spacecase.
Okay, this applies to them both.
dahill wrote: also, as i pointed out before, you hadn't realized cipher had claimed which is scummy in my book. scum don't always have to read through the thread. they can just look for when they are mentioned and defend themselves to slip by. i'm not saying scum always do that, but it is more likely for scum than town to do that.
Bullshit.

You've made an assertion about what is more likely. You haven't given evidence. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. But I will do better than just ignore this, I will prove it wrong with my own assertion.

Ahem: Scum have more to lose by being caught out making mistakes or missing power roles. Thus, it is more likely that scum will pay closer attention to the thread.
dahill wrote: furthermore, the fact that the confirmed townie and cop suspect you does somewhat contribute to my suspicion. . i think that even though he might not have investigated you, Cipher's opinion should be the most highly valued because of his pro-town power role. LaptopGun also should have a valued opinion because he is confirmed town. there is a chance he could be the GF, but i believe him to be town.
This sort of thinking is viciously anti-town. Not scummy per se. But anti-town. See House Mafia for why I think this.

The fact they are confirmed (at least as likely confirmed as antithesis is) has no bearing on whether or not they are right or wrong.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

Can I just say, and this is hugely important:

Laptopgun is NOT confirmed town. Half the antitown roles in the game come up innocent under investigation. We know he is not a mafia goon, and due to this he's not getting lynched anytime soon, but he could well still be SK or GF.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

And yes, suggesting that you suspect someone because a dead town player and someone with an innocent result claimed on him suspect that player is horrendously scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:56 am

Post by farside22 »

dahill really screwed up my thought process with that comment. I doubt that is a newbie mistake too. I sense it is someone trying to look town that is scum. I still think spacecase needs to be looked at, however this lastest comment from dahill does not sit well at all.

unvote: vote: dahill

Also noted that he/she replaced Melody Man who I felt suspicious of when he changed his vote and Wesq who was also looking scummie in the beginning.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Phate »

Well, for reasons previously stated, the dahill wagon is lots better than the SC one.

Vote: dahill

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by dahill1 »

okay melody man was just a bad player. i've seen his games (and replaced in a few as well), and so far he has acted like that regardless of alignment.
and i never said the fact that they are confirmed means they are right or wrong. but shouldn't we trust what the cop says more than someone else? this is not me trying to "act town", it's what i genuinely believe; that cops should have more say in a lynch than other unconfirmed players.

p.s. it seems to me that phate saw a wagon to jump on and did so by just using the "for reasons previously stated" line. phate, can you elaborate on why you think i'm scum, in your own words?
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:02 am

Post by LaptopGun »

This looks strangely familiar. I am fascinated by how quickly several people jumped on dahil1. Remember I was all for lynching dahil so don't bother claiming we're working together and everyone was like, lets deal with SC even though dahil exihibited what I considered more scummy behavior. So dahil1 is now the flavor of the minute. I dont like seeing that guys, it's almost like you guys were psychic... or working together. Sure exaserbated townies wanting a lynch could do that. Exaserbated mafia looking for a lynch could do it too. Tell me I'm crazy or looking for the boogieman again.

Fonz, yep you're right I could turn up Godfather or Serial Killer. I am neither. I doubt I need to say this, but I am not mafia either. I am 100% vanillia townie. You've spent the last day impeaching my credibility. Did you speak up when I was questioning cipher's/Jess's credibility? I don't believe so. I understand you want a lynch of someone real bad, but you might want to chill out as we could just as easily lynch a townie. And you wouldn't want that, would you?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”