dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Singing Librarian wrote:I don't get the suspicion of Surye here. A desire for information to base a decision to lynch - or not to lynch - on is more than reasonable. We are waiting for that information, it's true, but waiting for information is definitely better for town than acting without information. So it seems we're all waiting for Superfly to log in and for information to flow. Hopefully, those things will happen at the same time as each other.
qft
but i still have a gut feeling to trust primate..
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I don't feel that Surye is being suspicious at all either. He won't jump on the wagon because he wants Superfly to appear and maybe say something and thats scummy? I don't think so. I don't feel that anymore votes should be thrust upon Superfly until he does show up. I feel the 5 on him currently are enough to spur him to at least say something and not lurk. Up until now I think he just forgot about the thread since it took a few days to get going. Lets see iof he shows up after the prod.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:I agree, while I don't yet approve of what Primate is doing, Superfly is being rather lame...
vote stands.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Post signing argument sounds distancy and blows signal-noise ratio to hell.
Agreed, I've been trying to provide some real signal. Other then Primate, no one seems to have any input on any scum hunting discussion.
Confirm Vote: Surye

Stop it, ur scumminess is actually bringing me down to my knees. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Could you explain why you think Surye deserves a confirmed vote in a bit more detail?
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crub wrote:
unvote; vote Surye

Mafia is Serious Business.
distancing? i want reasons kiddo.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cyberbob wrote:Could you explain why you think Surye deserves a confirmed vote in a bit more detail?
Every post he makes STINKS of scum trying too hard to look like they are contributing and scumhunting.

Primate, with me!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

muffinhead wrote:Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.
:Goodposting:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

vote: muffinhead
[/quote]

Wtf are you talking about?
Skruffs, if thats you, you're really letting urself go... 0.o

Will respond to more later.

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

I just thought about this, but in the first post the mod also said that:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.[/quote]
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Surye »

Battle Mage wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:Could you explain why you think Surye deserves a confirmed vote in a bit more detail?
Every post he makes STINKS of scum trying too hard to look like they are contributing and scumhunting.

Primate, with me!

BM
No, every post has been trying to defend my suspicious of Primate from a small group who want to support his campaign of blind following.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Primate, with me!

BM
No, every post has been trying to defend my suspicious of Primate from a small group who want to support his campaign of blind following.
I dont want to follow Primate. I want him to follow me. Go on, outline your case against him. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:07 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Primate, with me!

BM
I happen to think the Superfly wagon is quite silly, but that doesn't make my think you're any less scummy. In fact, I jumped on you only after you showed a willingness to join it. The problem there, however, wasn't that you were considering a stupid wagon, it was that you were being a hypocrite by doing so.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Surye wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Primate, with me!

BM
I happen to think the Superfly wagon is quite silly, but that doesn't make my think you're any less scummy. In fact, I jumped on you only after you showed a willingness to join it. The problem there, however, wasn't that you were considering a stupid wagon, it was that you were being a hypocrite by doing so.
You keep saying this, but it's wrong. I said that I would be willing to vote on someone with sufficient evidence on him, and refuse to blindly get on a wagon. Primate seems to have something he is withholding, which is fine, but I don't see why people take that for truth before he says anything of substance.

There's nothing hypocritical there. It's been quite a consistent position. I am however getting very frustrated at his absence.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:18 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote: That said, a Superfly lynch may not be bad at all, and if he doesn't post by 2:00PM PST today, I actually may throw a vote on him.
Timelimits on votes are incredibly scummy, they dampen responsibility. Now, you didn't vote by your deadline, but I'm guessiong that's only because you got chewed out on it.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:24 am

Post by armlx »

Nabakov, I would say that except we are in an unlimited lynch system, so the time limit can help as we probably want multiple lynches a day.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Surye wrote: That said, a Superfly lynch may not be bad at all, and if he doesn't post by 2:00PM PST today, I actually may throw a vote on him.
Timelimits on votes are incredibly scummy, they dampen responsibility. Now, you didn't vote by your deadline, but I'm guessiong that's only because you got chewed out on it.
The timelimit vote was for lurking, but I realized 72 hours hadn't passed, and no one had even asked for a prod, so I decided not to. I admit, when I said that it was out of frustration that his absence is effecting the game.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Surye »

And may and will are significantly different words.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Dasquian »

The bandwagon on Superfly does have a lot of unanswered questions about it. Those answers won't be forthcoming til Superfly posts, though, and it's unfortunate that he's turned out to be late to the table :(

Cyberbob: don't put words into my mouth, I'm not intending to get an earlier appearance out of Superfly by encouraging more votes on him. I am, however, hoping to get more pressure on him when he does turn up and I am also hoping to avoid another lynch-shy game like Lost Boys was.

12 to lynch people! Feel free to bandwagon!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Superfly »

Hey.

Posting n stuff soon.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="dahill1"][quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.[/quote]

you also have to keep in mind that muffinhead is also a terrible newbie[/quote]

Right then Dahill, you're going to have to explain more, because as far as i can see, Muffinhead has the exact right strategy. Unless i'm just a terrible newbie who you feel doesnt deserve an explanation too?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Singing Librarian wrote:
muffinhead wrote:Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.
That only works if they're good lynches. It would be a complete disaster if we were to do a series of quicklynches and they were all townies. One mistake might not be a huge loss, but several mistakes would seriously hurt us and make a scum victory much more likely.

Basically, I think this is a horrible idea. I'm not sure whether it's just a bad idea with good intentions, or a scum idea hoping to lead town astray, but it makes me feel as though my vote is in the right place.
*sigh*

Let me put it like this. As a rule in mafia games, scum have supremacy at night. This game is a little bit different, as more goes on at night, but taking it down to the basic theory, town has the advantage during the day. As such, as long as we dont allow ourselves to be led around by scum, we should definitely try and lynch as many scummy people as possible during the day.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

muffinhead wrote:
Singing Librarian wrote:
That only works if they're good lynches. It would be a complete disaster if we were to do a series of quicklynches and they were all townies. One mistake might not be a huge loss, but several mistakes would seriously hurt us and make a scum victory much more likely.

Basically, I think this is a horrible idea. I'm not sure whether it's just a bad idea with good intentions, or a scum idea hoping to lead town astray, but it makes me feel as though my vote is in the right place.
It may bea horrible diasaster, however if used correctly i believe it could put us from an ok postion to an excellent position.

It may be a bad idea with good intentions but at least i am putting suggestions up. As for ur vote being in the right place though, u r sadly mistaken. If i was scum it would be preety obvious if u ask some peoplpe here lol.
this post convinces me that Muffinhead is town.

*prepares to be humiliated at endgame* :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Surye wrote:I can buy that you may be the best player in this game, I sure as hell am not. However, being the best player doesn't mean you're town, so I'm not sure how much that should mean. But now I'm just waiting for you know who so this game can finally get on.
Primate is being sarcastic

you gullible newbes.. 8-)
Actually Primate IS clearly the best player here. I'd even go as far as to say, he's got the second strongest scumdar on the whole of MS. Not telling who is first, as it refers to ongoing games.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 am

Post by dahill1 »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="dahill1"][quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

Right then Dahill, you're going to have to explain more, because as far as i can see, Muffinhead has the exact right strategy. Unless i'm just a terrible newbie who you feel doesnt deserve an explanation too?

BM[/quote]
unless i'm mistaken, his strategy is to quicklynch as much as possible...
in other words, no time to actually think about it, let's just lynch people!
muffinhead says if we mislynch it won't be a big loss..what if the person is a pro-town power role? also, if we mislynch too many times then we lose. i can see he has the right intentions in mind (try and lynch as many scum as possible before night), but we won't accomplish that with bumrushing people left and right.
[quote="Superfly"]Hey.

Posting n stuff soon.[/quote]
HE HAS ARRIVED!!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:10 am

Post by dahill1 »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="dahill1"][quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

BM[/quote]
unless i'm mistaken, his strategy is to quicklynch as much as possible...
in other words, no time to actually think about it, let's just lynch people!
muffinhead says if we mislynch it won't be a big loss..what if the person is a pro-town power role? also, if we mislynch too many times then we lose. i can see he has the right intentions in mind (try and lynch as many scum as possible before night), but we won't accomplish that with bumrushing people left and right.
[quote="Superfly"]Hey.

Posting n stuff soon.[/quote]
HE HAS ARRIVED!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”