Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3419, Fro99er wrote:So boon dying today ensures the game goes on and one of fen or dave is godfather assuming sheep isn’t arson godfather
In post 3420, hiplop wrote:Fench is conftown if you didn't redirect JJ.
I don’t get why Fench is conftown from your elite bodyguard thing.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 3423, hiplop wrote:
In post 3420, hiplop wrote:Fench is conftown if you didn't redirect JJ.
to be clear: if you didn't redirect the kill OFF of jj.

I'd say fench is extremely close to conftown from my pov
I no actioned

I still have my redirect

Also i know what scum did last night but I’m not sure I want to say just yet
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Didn’t mean to quote.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 3425, Boonskiies wrote:I don’t get why Fench is conftown from your elite bodyguard thing.
they shot at not-JJ

They only do that if they believe Fenchurches and my claim.

Otherwise JJ is clear conftown leaving the night.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

Gerry only dies if theyre trying to avoid an elite bodyguard, basically.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3428, hiplop wrote:
In post 3425, Boonskiies wrote:I don’t get why Fench is conftown from your elite bodyguard thing.
they shot at not-JJ

I feel like JJ was already conf town, and having JJ as conftown doesn’t matter either way.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Has fen full claimed yet?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3431, Fro99er wrote:Has fen full claimed yet?
Yeah.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2603, Fenchurch wrote:Oky so, I have two pieces of info to share and I'm gonna do it in full.

hebi neighbourised me N2
, not Sleepy. I considered sharing this at the very start of the Day, but opted not to because:
a) at first I thought I was completely confirmed by the public investigation, so it felt better to keep my thoughts and info close to my chest, as for instance…
b) the info could be used to confirm or contradict a claimed tracker/watcher action… if all info is completely open then there is no way to do that.

But almost everyone has claimed now, I don’t think there is much harm, and hopefully it will stop gerry from getting continually sidetracked by the kill flavour thing.

And this is also why I came into the day a bit confused, because a few things all happened quite quickly:
1. I targetted hebi on N2; I’ll come to why later.
2. At the end of the Night I got a PM saying me and hebi were in a neighbourhood. I didn’t know if this was her inviting me, or another player inviting both of us, or something happening a result of me targetting her.
3. Reading the neighbourhood - The Beast’s Castle - it was immediately revealed that, we were lovers, but then we weren’t because the beast had broken the curse by finding true love, and this also meant that we were confirmed town to each other. At this point I’m thinking:
  • was it hebi who put me in the neighbourhood, or someone else - it was only the two of us in there, but it didn’t say that she had invited me, or that she was Beauty and/or the Beast
  • whether my character is the beast’s true love (it certainly didn’t seem likely based on flavour)
  • if not that, then what happened that caused the curse to break
  • also quite excited that hebi would know I’m town.
4. Then the game thread opens and it turns out that both hebi and Sleepy were dead. And in Sleepy’s death, it also says I’m linked to awakening him, and I’m also revealed as town here.

So at that point I was just trying to understand what had happened, what was linked and what was not - why there was a second kill and it wasn't sheep - and it took a little while of reading the role PMs to figure it out most of it. But this is part of why I assumed I was conf town in the game thread as well - because at first I thought maybe those two reveals on me were linked.

Other notes:
- when sheep asked me what happened to me during the Night, I didn’t say nothing, I said I didn’t want to reveal yet
- whoever neighbourised hebi N1 might be able to confirm this, because she might have discussed with them the fact she was targeting me.
- when gerry he was pushing so strongly that ‘hebi targetted Sleepy’, I was especially interested in case he was trying to claim something that contradicted what I knew had happened, but it does look like he was just going by expectations of her play, and the kill flavour.

~~~~~~

Onto my claim and my night actions.

I am Goldilocks, I’m an Alchemist
- CES says he would call this role a Motivator, but I’m not sure what it is on the wiki. I target somebody and depending what they are doing, I modify or improve it. The flavour justification is that Goldilocks likes things to be ‘just right’, and she's got no problems messing with other people's stuff.

If I target a protective action, it become an Elite Bodyguard (killer and protector both die)
If I target an investigative action, it becomes a Cop.
If I target a roleblocking action, it will only roleblock factional stuff (e.g. a kill)
If I target a killing action, it will become a friendly neighbour.

It has no effect on other types of action, e.g. neighbourise. The kill that becomes a friendly neighbour will actually confirm scum as scum(!) to their target - I don’t know whether the godfather is immune to this though; Alisae wouldn’t say.

Once I’d clarified what everything did, it seemed like targetting the scum kill was far and away the strongest use of this action. So that’s what I tried to do Night 1.

My thought process for my Night 1 action

I had reasons not to target...
Sleepy, Frog, hebi - all seemed fairly townie, and possible nightkills
Espe, Boon - both seemed scummy, but had softclaimed that they’d be ‘conf town’ - I thought (like Sleepy did?) that one or both might be softing friendly neighbour, so my action would be completely wasted if they were telling the truth, and if their claims ended up not confirming them they could be dealt with then
Thor - null, but if scum then I would expect him to be the Godfather, so might be immune and might not make the kill (to avoid getting caught by track/watch)
momo, sheep - null, would be good to get an result on them if they made the kill, but that was only an outside chance and if instead that I boost their action I wasn’t sure I trusted them to have used it well, e.g. to protect or investigate the right person
hiplop - I’ve gone back and forth on hiplop a lot, but at the time I thought he was town for the way he tried to push a claim with threat of hammer and then backed off. I would have liked Zach to claim there, rather than simply being hammer, as I find generally the claim itself and the reactions to it are really useful in rooting out scum.
jjh - null, but I felt that since he’d been under so much heat on D1 the scumteam might avoid him making the kill
Katsuki - no read based on play, but I had some theories about Katsuki’s role that made me think (very weakly) he might be town. I won’t share them because Katsuki hasn’t claimed yet.

This narrowed it down to dave and gerry, both null reads. And ultimately I plumped for gerry because I thought there was an outside chance that dave’s VLA might mean he wouldn't submit a Night action (including a scum kill).

End result:
I targetted gerry Night 1
. Since gerry still hasn’t claimed, I don’t know if it had any effect, but he’ll only have noticed it if he tried to investigate or tried to kill.

My thought process for my Night 2 action

At this point, it seemed like there was a vig, and I became a bit wary that I might hit them instead of scum. I was expecting that a vig would kill sheep, and I'd much prefer that kill to go through than me targetting the vig and having their kill turned into a friendly neighbour action at sheep.

I did consider targetting sheep myself. Although I didn’t think sheep's D2 ‘slip’ was that real, I found him scummy for the way he leapt in to argue against momo being implicated by the kill… like maybe that was something they'd already discussed the scumtopic and decided that it
shouldn’t
make momo seem suspicious.

But if a vig killed sheep, then me targeting him too seemed pointless. (Note: looking back on this now - and of course with the benefit of hindsight - I should still have targeted sheep because it might have stopped a kill... I had gotten too focused on making use of the 'friendly neighbour' thing to try and confirm someone as scum.)

There were a bunch of players (Boon, Katsuki) that I found scummy but I also thought they had a chance of being vig - this could have explained why Boon implied he would be conf town, and although he’d been townreading Espe earlier in the Day, he might have changed his mind by Night. Katsuki was scumreading Espe, and Katsuki’s frog thing might have made some sense if he was vig (i.e. he doesn't care about looking town).

Ultimately though, I settled on hebi as a kind of safe option, because she’d said D2 that she targetted Sleepy and didn’t get a result - so I assumed she had an investigative action that would get boosted by my power.

End result:
I targetted hebi Night 2.
Since she was a neighbouriser, this will have had no effect.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 3430, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 3428, hiplop wrote:
they shot at not-JJ

I feel like JJ was already conf town, and having JJ as conftown doesn’t matter either way.

I can only protect JJ if Fench is telling the truth.

JJ is the only conftown.

If you're lonescum, you want him gone before lylo.

That means you shoot him.

You can't shoot him if I am elite bodyguarding him: thats the only world you don't shoot.

Therefore, scum beleived Fench's and my role.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Fro99er »

It’s probably dave and sheep, yeah
Heil King Froggo.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by hiplop »

yea to be clear my poison doctor turns into an elite bodyguard because of fench;s role

that combo only works if scum believe fench's role.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

And you know that it became an elite bodyguard, right? Does that go through rolestop?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by hiplop »

i don't know that, but logic dictates that scum thought it would happen. i got no notification saying it was elite bodyguard, or anything.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3438, hiplop wrote:i don't know that, but logic dictates that scum thought it would happen. i got no notification saying it was elite bodyguard, or anything.
So why does that confirm anything? I don’t think JJ conf town is too big of a threat as long as Froggy is still alive.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by hiplop »

SCUM SHOOTING GERRY. Read.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I just don’t understand the correlation of why ScumFen couldn’t not do that. Especially if she was coming in to target one of us today.

That being said, I’m 90% sure Dave’s just scum. 8% Fen, and 2% you, but I stopped worrying about reading you because you’ll suicide eventually.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Did anyone get neighborized last night?

It’s likely if scum had 2 alive they’d have used the rolestop while they could. But they used a neighborize
Heil King Froggo.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3440, hiplop wrote:SCUM SHOOTING GERRY. Read.
I think there were plenty of reasons to shoot Gerry besides that. I’m a huge mislynch candidate and Gerry was on me all game, and Gerry was obv town.

If scum was afraid of Fench, they still had a roleblock/rolestop at their disposal.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I just assume dave neighborized katsuki for the lols
Heil King Froggo.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by hiplop »

you have gerry and you have jj

one is conftown
one isnt

youre lonescum. You need EVERYONE BUT ONE PERSON TO DIE.

Unless you've thoroughly misted JJ, you're shooting him before lylo.

There are no protective actions except one, and its through two people (me and fenchurch)

you shoot jj 100% of the time as scum UNLESS you believe that joint claim. Fenchurch is town.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by hiplop »

@frog reck is screaming profanities at me because you havent answered him please do that
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I don’t see any reason for scum!hippy who can suicide to argue conftown fench
Heil King Froggo.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

what You are failing to see is that JJ could have been killed still without having that elite thing go off. If myself, Dave, or Froggy was scum, they could just roleblock Fenchurch and kill off JJ anyways.

I actually think Fenchurch is scummier because of that interaction you are explaining.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 3446, hiplop wrote:@frog reck is screaming profanities at me because you havent answered him please do that
I already said I no actioned

I bullshitted for reactions. Par for the course from me
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”