Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
But if there's a doctor role in town, you could use the reverse argumentation, then it'd be good to know who to prevent.
I would love to see someone argue the point. 1.) A good doc should know who to protect and shouldnt have to be guide to protect anyone. 2.) there is no guarantee we have a doc. Town lists only really help scum in the end.

Official Vote Count

JimSauce - 1 (backinblack167)
Occult - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
BridgesAndBaloons - 1 (Amor)
backinblack167 - 1 (BridgesAndBaloons)

Not Voting - 5 (cerebus3, curiouskarmadog, JimSauce, Occult, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:09 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Well, if you put it that way, a good scum should know who to nightkill I guess, so making lists shouldn't make the choice for scum that much different in my opinion.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:16 am

no, it is always good for the mafia to know who the town thinks is the most town. Making their choice of who kill more obvious. If scum doesnt know who the TOWN thinks is the most protown as a whole, it is harder for them to make a decision.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Occult »

BNB, using the "I saw you browsing the forum, why haven't you posted" attack really isn't one that should be used at all. Its one of the main reasons I hide my online status...

I'm doing a re-read of the game will post my thoughts on everyone later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Occult »

As a side note, lists of whos most townie make Mafia's job a hell of alot easier, I'd suggest we refrain from doing that at this point in the game.
backinblack167
backinblack167
Townie
backinblack167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by backinblack167 »

I'm here - I've been a bit busy lately, sorry. Content coming up in a short while after I catch up.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

To start off, CKD I'm going to have to postpone my post to you, since Bib actually came back.
Also, I haven't gotten a chance to respond to the recent posts, so sorry about that. I will do when I finish this post. If you're reading this, then I finished this post, which means that I probally responded to what has happened recently. You can scratch that part then. Ok, serious time now.

I was hesitant about writing this, because, to be honest, there is barely any evidence. Bib has posted 6 times in a 180 post game. I have to take that as my evidence, I guess.

Backinblack167:
I think it's all too convenient that you came back after my vote on you. I'm convinced BiB has been lurking. Apparently it's widely debated on this sate whether that's a scum tell or not. My personal oppinion is that someone who doesn't contribute to the town is not helping.
BiB fits this criteria.

Here is a quick recap of your entire game:
You make a random vote.
5 days later you post a one-sentence remark about how Occult might be scummy.
6 days later you write a comment saying that Occult might not be scummy, but that he could be. WLC could be scummy, but then again he might not. Oh, and you ask a question! Most helpful thing you've done all game.
2 days later you make kind of a case against. This is the 2nd pro-town thing you have done. It's actually your longest post in the game, which really isn't saying much. Anyway the point is you DO NOT come back and listen to my response. You leave your remark and leave. I don't like this at all. Also you kind of defend Boggzie, just noting that.
2 days later you just defend boggzie with one sentence, not really contributing anything.
Another 6 days pass and you simply write that you're back.

I would like to submit that you have not done nearly enough for this town. I think you are mafia, and I think your partner is CKD. Of course, I don't have enough evidence on either of you, since
CKD is a replacement, and you have been absent for most of this game

Bib, the fact that you respond now after my vote (and don't say you didn't see it, because I know you'd be lying.) on you makes me think that this whole game you've been lurking. I think you're mafia, and you're going to have to pull off some incredibly pro-town moves to convince me otherwise.

I actually really don't have time right now to complete my case, or respond to the recent posts, and I feel like tonight is going to be a very active night, so I'm just going to quote all of your posts and then end:
backinblack167 wrote:Hello everyone!

Vote: Xpom Telo
for having a very curious name.
backinblack167 wrote:
Radio_Interference wrote:
[Reasoning Statement]
St. Anger was a failure in music.
Unfortunately, this is very true.

And Zane wants to kill townies? Someone's getting a bit presumptuous =)
backinblack167 wrote:Although praetorian didn't really make much sense, voting for someone who makes a real vote seems to make even less to me.
backinblack167 wrote:My Thoughts: Occult's agreement on the topic of the game needing a deadline isn't inherently scummy, but it isn't exactly the most helpful thing to town at the moment. I DO agree with JimSauce's assertion that it was kind of OMGUS. I would like to know this, though, Occult: Are you serious about WLC's page 2/page 3 "lie" being reason to lynch him?

In my mind, WLC's immediate jumping on him to put Occult to L-2 seems a little stranger in my book, but both of these posts could simply have been meant as catalysts for activity.

backinblack167 wrote:
and its been like a week with backinblack unless I missed something.
It's only been two days =/

Anyway. My thoughts.

BaB's entrance: Does a bit of reaching, but that's okay. I'm a little curious about how this:
The more I look into his posts, the scummier he seems.
so easily becomes this:
So, here's a reason Occult may be good to keep around: he is IC, and he can generate more productive conversations than we can if he is pro-town.
But apparently it was a random vote? Considering there had already been two pages of action (albeit rather slow and pointless), this vote being "random" doesn't make much sense to me, especially after you were able to substantiate some evidence for it.

Then Occult and WLC follow up with stating that BaB is the least scummy at the time. I, personally, am thinking more along the lines of Amor here though:
I'm honestly not sure how to take BAB's posts. He came out very focused on getting Occult, to the extent of flagging obvious joke posts as scummy, and then quickly backed off. This could be scumminess or it could just be newbness.
Then comes the Boggzie debacle with JimSauce, and there really isn't much there besides an argument over lurking. Occult's post that follows is jumped on by Boggzie, which I DO think is justified. Occult gave no content and then continued to give zero content. That said, Boggzie's response was blatant OMGUS and had little content behind it as well.

Then BaB jumps in with this gem:
I looked at all his posts and for the first two pages he pretty much does nothing. Then he spends all of this page defending himself. In my opinion, Boggzie (spelling?) has not done anything helpful for the town, only helpful for himself. This makes me a little worried of him. Not enough to warrant a true vote, imo, especially since it wouldn't be the first. (I'm learning you guys!) I think too prove that he is pro-town, Boggzie should focus on figuring out who is mafia with us, instead of just defending himself, or accusing Occult again.
This doesn't make sense. If you're town, you SHOULD defend yourself at every opportunity. If you just sit idly by and let yourself get strung up, that's definitely not pro-town.

This post actually looks even stranger considering that Occult's earlier defense against you made you stop attacking him and caused you to feel that he'd be good to keep around.

I'm also curious as to why RI looks "too town," BaB.

From there, there really isn't much besides Boggzie requesting a replacement. (hope you decide to stay, by the way.)

At the moment, I'm thinking BaB looks a bit flip-floppish and contradictory, so I'd like to hear from him and what his thoughts are at the moment.
backinblack167 wrote:It's awfully difficult to analyze posts that are attacking you without defending yourself, and that's what a lot of the posts made while Boggzie was active were.
backinblack167 wrote:I'm here - I've been a bit busy lately, sorry. Content coming up in a short while after I catch up.
That his entire game. All of his posts fit into one post the size of one of RI's. I'm calling him out, and although this doesn't neccesary mean scummy, I think it's really anti-town.

Again, I'm sorry, I'm really busy lately. Hopefully I can give a better case later.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
backinblack167
backinblack167
Townie
backinblack167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by backinblack167 »

Okay. I'm generally going to address things I find interesting or statements/questions directed toward me.

Post 108 (CKD):
BackinBlack (just going to call you Black), why is your vote still on JS?
It was a random vote that I never really took the time to unvote. There's no particular reason behind it still being there. I'll
Unvote,
even though I really don't think it's a big deal.

Post 111 (BaB):
I concur with CKD's finding of BaB's questioning of Amor's time spent in the forum odd, and I'm also curious about why not unvoting a random vote is a scummy action(inaction?).

Post 116 (BaB):
BaB sort of seems to be attempting to downplay his involvement/deflect attention in this post, while at the same time complimenting CKD's summary and commenting on a case against Occult that I'm not really seeing.

Post 117 (RI):
In my mind Occult and BaB are connected relativly strongly, and I can't see both of them being scum. I feel a relative connection to and from Occult, I also see Occult conveying a small connection to Boggzie (Aka CKD) These I think are all relativly strong connections.
I agree with a lot of this, but I wouldn't count out a BaB/Occult scumpair because of a strong connection alone.

Post 120 (BaB):
My "possible clue" is destroyed. I saw RI make a post ( i guess this is called meta-ing?) that implied he had played mafia online again. I wanted to trap him in that lie, but he answered honestly. This gives me very pro-town feelings towards RI. I feel that his recent post is something I needed to see from him.
I know Lynch All Liars is a common philosophy, but do you really think whether he is lying about playing before would cause him to change from pro-town to scum? It just seems sort of irrelevant to me.

Another instance of BaB attempting to deflect attention, and this time, seems to want to avoid being connected with others.

Post 122 (Amor):
States that the "pattern in his posting is a result of unwillingness to falsely accuse someone. I can buy that, as his posts do come off with that sort of feel IMO.

Post 125 (Amor):
Duly noting Boggzie's use of his IC status.
Comes out guns firing at BaB. Many valid points here, IMO. Parts that stand out to me are BaB's seeming effort to look town and use of the newbie card, as well as some flip-flopping. Your analysis (about trying to throw a case together to quicklynch Occult) may be oversimplifying things a touch, however. The BaB-RI exchange is slightly strange.

This post is rather out of nowhere, and it's an awfully large jump from being unwilling to falsely accuse someone to this post. Could it possibly be prompted by your perception of BaB trying to get RI to push a case on you? It IS backed with solid points though.

Post 126 (BaB):
BaB defends himself. Newbie card is played.

Despite your first two posts being your first ever, they're still part of the game and need to be analyzed. We can't just disregard them.

BaB seems to concur with my thinking that Amor's post is a rather large change from his previous playstyle.

Post 127 (BaB):
More defense. Denies using newbieness as an excuse, while I feel that you really have been bringing it up quite a bit to defend yourself. See: later in the post. Generally refutes Amor's points pretty solidly.

Your one reason that you attacked Occult is essentially this:
Also, to clarify, this is what I did:
1) I saw that Occult was a little scummy
2) I wanted to start with action,
3) I random voted Occult
4) Someone ( i forget who) asked me to defend my choice. I didn't really have reasons, but I wanted to start with action, so I pick apart his posts for a very bias and week post.
5) He shows me (and I realize) how terrible my post was,
6) I back off because I realize I don't have enough evidence.
Correct?

Post 128 (BaB): Comments on WLC kind of out of nowhere. I'm not really a fan of metaing to determine alignment, but the analysis has merit.

Post 129 (Occult): Sort of bandwagons BaB with Amor for being contradictory.

Post 130 (BaB): Seems almost apologetic.

Post 132 (BaB):
I was actually delighted to have been mentioned so many times.
Your earlier posts didn't really come off that way.
When RI caught up on that, Amor realized that he had to actually attack someone to not look like scum. So he does just this on post 125.
I think it's far too coincidental that Amor wrote an extremely direct attack against me, right after we suspected him of not being direct enough.
I don't really think that he needed to attack someone to avoid being cast as scum. Which is why his post IS kind of strange. Seems like a major overreaction to what was kind of a side comment by RI.

Post 140 (Amor):
More attacks on BaB.
Admits that 125 was a response to RI's comment. I don't really think that RI was insinuating that you aren't helping the town.

In my opinion, there's nothing really wrong with careful posts.

Post 141 (JS):
Defends himself. Later cleared up by Amor in 144.

Post 145 (BaB): Backs off Amor. Not entirely sure on what to make of this.

Post 147(cerebus):
BackInBlack: Background noise. Makes only one post longer than 3 or 4 sentences, and that was awhile ago. I would like to hear more from him.
Fair enough. Your points on Boggzie are not without merit, either. I think this is a generally solid summarization of everyone up to that point.

Post 149 (BaB): "I'm not inconsistent." A bit more playing of the newbie card as well.

Post 150 (RI): Believes that CKD was reaching on BaB's desire to keep involvement low. To me it seems more like he doesn't want people to think he's overly involved than purposely keeping involvement low.

Post 152 (WLC): I don't really feel that Boggzie was trying to "step out of the heat" as much as simply overreacting.
Amor's remark could be a little constructed, as was BaB's. I always see posts like these as strange, but not necessarily scumtells.

"For some reason I think this Amor/BaB interaction is a bit of a charade."
Very possible.
In all posts after BaB comes across at some moment eager, at some moments experienced, at some moment playing the newbie card, if that doesn't work playing the stupidity card. It still doesn't really sit well with me.
I agree with this.

Post 154 (BaB): Restates essentially everything he's been saying thus far except with new words to replace "i was new." Kind of a pointless post, IMO.

Post 158 (BaB): Definitely flipflops on Amor here, though he already began that in an earlier post. I disagree with CKD being a flagrant liar.
This post was going to be a long post against Backinblack, but he might be replaced, so I decided I didn't want to bother until I knew he was coming back.
I'm here. Let's hear it.

Post 159 (BaB): Do you think it's a bad thing if people don't post every time they browse the forum?

Lots of summary, etc, then:

Post 170 (BaB):
Three reasons for my vote against bib
1) I actually have quite a case against him; however, none of the case is typed out (it's all mental notes), and there is a great chance that Bib will be replaced.
2) I also have zero tolerance for the game bib is playing. He has been ridiculously inactive, and mafia or not, he is not helping this game.
3) I want to get his attention. If he is indeed lurking, this is the way to do it. But in case he wasn't lurking, I make sure I added a prod as well.

yes my vote was a little quick, but it's the only way I can get his attention. My vote isn't to lynch him, it's to get his attention. If someone else votes for him I'll take my vote off.
Very sorry for my play not living up to your standards, but your votes aren't really going to get my attention if I don't have time to check the thread or post.
CKD: You are the scummiest person in this game right now. Not only do you contradict yourself, but you refused to answer my question. I've picked up major scum waves from you througout this game.
scumminess doesn't inherently mean mafia.
Evidence to come later (I think two days. busy tomorrow), I got to go to sleep.
In the mean time, FOS CKD
Huh? Where does he contradict himself? If a scummy player isn't more likely to be mafia, then what exactly DOES being scummy mean?

And that's my semi-post-by-post summary. If something needs elaboration or I need to address something else, feel free to ask.

As for player by player:
CKD/Boggzie: Boggzie kind of overreacted but I don't think he was really scummy or suspicious like everyone said he was. CKD has made some good analysis IMO.

Occult: I've never really thought the deadline suggestion was scummy, and really hasn't done much since then that makes me think he's particularly scummy either.

Amor: Early in the game accused for being indecisive or making posts that didn't progress the game, I don't really think that was scummy. His quick post style change after being questioned by RI is a little suspicious in my book.

Cerebus: Most of his posts have been on the topic of JS' "contradiction," which did require some explanation. Don't have a great read on him yet.

RI: I like his organization in particular, and generally I think he's played a pro-town, solid game. Generally elaborates his points well.

WLC: I agree with RI's earlier assertion that he is kind of "outside the web." I'm kind of neutral on him at the moment.

JS: I thought Amor summed it up well when he said: "JimSauce - Seems to avoid taking a stance on things a lot." That said, he has explained his points well when questioned. I get a townie vibe from him, but I'm not entirely sure.

BaB: Oh, BaB. Some have bashed you for being inconsistent, I'm not really sure if I agree with this, but you definitely have been playing the newbie card, I sort of agree with CKD's line of thinking about you trying to divert attention from yourself, and your recent attack on him has me scratching my head as well. Probably the person I have the most question marks about at the moment.

At the moment, I have no real conviction on a scumpair.

"JimSauce - Seems to avoid taking a stance on things a lot."[/dice]
backinblack167
backinblack167
Townie
backinblack167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by backinblack167 »

EBWOP: Disregard the last line, I was saving that during my readthrough for my person by person analysis later.

And BaB posted in the meantime.
I think it's all too convenient that you came back after my vote on you. I'm convinced BiB has been lurking. Apparently it's widely debated on this sate whether that's a scum tell or not. My personal oppinion is that someone who doesn't contribute to the town is not helping.
To be honest, I don't really see why your vote would have anything to do with me returning. One vote does not make a lynch. Have I been lurking? You could say that, although the fact remains that I've been busy and unable to really contribute the way I want to. I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion.
6 days later you write a comment saying that Occult might not be scummy, but that he could be. WLC could be scummy, but then again he might not. Oh, and you ask a question! Most helpful thing you've done all game.
What am I supposed to say here? Is it not valid that their posts were attempts to jumpstart a slow moving game?
2 days later you make kind of a case against. This is the 2nd pro-town thing you have done. It's actually your longest post in the game, which really isn't saying much. Anyway the point is you DO NOT come back and listen to my response. You leave your remark and leave. I don't like this at all. Also you kind of defend Boggzie, just noting that.
Okay. Just because I didn't directly respond to your response does not mean I didn't listen to/read it, though.
2 days later you just defend boggzie with one sentence, not really contributing anything.

That was one of the main topics of discussion at that point, and I kind of disagree that leaving your thoughts on one of the main topics is a lack of contribution. That's just my thoughts, of course.
I would like to submit that you have not done nearly enough for this town. I think you are mafia, and I think your partner is CKD. Of course, I don't have enough evidence on either of you, since
CKD is a replacement, and you have been absent for most of this game
My earlier agreements with CKD and my profession of beliefs that he is pro-town probably don't assuage these fears either. Whether I have done enough for the town? Probably not. Hopefully I can change that sooner rather than later.

I'm still curious about how CKD is so scummy.
Bib, the fact that you respond now after my vote (and don't say you didn't see it, because I know you'd be lying.) on you makes me think that this whole game you've been lurking. I think you're mafia, and you're going to have to pull off some incredibly pro-town moves to convince me otherwise.
I saw your vote. As for convincing you otherwise, I shall try.
Again, I'm sorry, I'm really busy lately. Hopefully I can give a better case later.
That's alright. Take your time. :)
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

JimSauce wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:But you are calling the same action both scummy and pro-town at the same time. You said his defenses were silly and meant to intimidate, yet you had earlier said that they seemed to be legitimate attempts at scum hunting and providing information. Which is it? Do you think his defense was good or not?
His methods of defending and scum-hunting were scummy, but he was still defending and scum-hutning (which, IMO, are pro-town actions).
Pro-town means to do something to help advance the cause of the town. Intimidation, bad logic, and lousy scum hunting do not advance to cause of the town, and thus are not pro-town. The only way such things help the town is when scum implicate themselves by acting in this way.

Black's post didn't do much for me. He made an enormous post that essentially just repeated what other players had posted earlier.
BackInBlack wrote:I don't really think that he needed to attack someone to avoid being cast as scum. Which is why his post IS kind of strange. Seems like a major overreaction to what was kind of a side comment by RI.
Side comment? did you miss post 121? In that post RI shows that Amor isn't doing anything in reality. He would say something and then take it back, which is really just lurking verbosely. Not only that, but he was beginning to get some pressure from players other than just RI. If Amor did not do anything, I feel that he would seem more scummy for continuing to do nothing. Besides, if he continued the way he was, it would be much more difficult to get a read on him.

On the subject of Bab, I am wondering if we don't have a case of VI on our hands. Ever since Bab replaced into the game, it has ground to a halt because players are spending so much time trying to figure out how genuine his posts are. A majority of the discussion has either been about Bab's behavior or in response to said behavior. At this point, I believe he is unreadable and we should focus on examining other players right now. Yes, I know VI is a harsh term, and I wouldn't be using it if I didn't think it was warranted.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Ok, I'm going to try to keep these responses as concise as I can. I'm really tired, and I have a tendancy to ramble on alot and repeat myself, especially when I'm tired.
However, I want to make sure I get these responses in before I fall too far behind.
curiouskarmadog, in post 151 wrote:RI, I didnt understand what BAB said, that is why I said "what" and "strange comment" and "this sounds like". I wanted him to clarify. what is reaching about wanting him to clarify?
[...] The jury is still out on BAB right now...
I am leaning town,
but that might change.
Two things to say about this:
1) I believe you are trying to draw attention to me saying that your summary didn't include me much. I think that you do understand what I'm saying, but you want to keep asking me as to emphasize the fact that I am trying to keep my involvment low.
The fact is, I have been posting every day, and I have checked this forum constantly. I am trying to be very involved in the scum-hunting process of this game. Maybe I'm going too strong. It makes me an easy target, and it's easy to apply the label VI on me.
I doubt you don't understand what I said. But if you truly don't, re-read comments 116, 120 (number 5),132. If you still don't understand what I was saying, I will restate it a fourth time. Let me know.
2) Right here, (bolded) CKD said he was leaning town for me. So the fact that my suspicions against him are OMGUS is absolutely ridiculous. It's closer to OMGUR which I just made up right now. Anyway, this number is directed to JIM SAUCE in POST 173

JimSauce wrote: as most "inconsistencies" originated from his [Bab's] growing level of understanding and several attempts to explain a point.
I wish I could've phrased it this well.

Jim Sauce (and the rest of the town) [response to 173]: I feel that I might have been going about attacking Bib the wrong way. I was trying to get him to react by voting for him. Now, Bib
claims
to suddenly come back just over 24 hours after I voted for him. Whatever, the point of my post was to get him to react, and it didn't work nearly as well as I'd liked. It's impossible to make a case against someone who has posted 8 times in the game.

curiouskarmadog wrote:How was my answer vague? I was VERY specific with my examples MORE SO than you even. And you havent really answered my last question...you continually misread (or completely miss) posts...at first I thought maybe you are excitable, but now I am wondering again. The more I ask you questions or wonder why, the more you try to OMGUS and try to spin a case against me. you are trying to take everything I say and spin it scum..problem is you are really NOT READING my post and have to backtrack a lot.
I disagree. You posted that: "EVERYTHING CAN BE A SCUM TELL IN CONTEXT AND GIVEN A PLAYER. One trait that might not be a scum tell for one, could be for another." To me this is doing exactly what Amor was doing before. You are writting, all of these scum signs really don't mean anything, because you never know if it's just the player's style.
To me it sounds like you postponed answer the question ( I had to ask three times) and then when you answered it, you made sure to write how the scum tells couldn't help us. Everyone knows that scum tells apply differently for everyplayer, I just wanted to know "I just want to know where you are coming from (for my reread) and for the future" (that's a post from you, 113).
I think you have been misunderstanding me. I have answered the same question several times, and I think you are pretending not to understand. Please read the beginning of this post.
I am not taking everything you say as scum, I feel that you are doing that to me. And it's not OMGUS, because you said that you were "leaning town" about me. Sorry If I'm repeating myself here.
Anyway, maybe you seriously don't understand me. If so, re-read my posts (again beginning of this post), and then let me know. I've already re-read your comments.

Amor: (post 167) I'm glad you understand me finnaly.

Note for everyone: I've decided I need to be more conservative in my accusations. It's not helping town for me to make a case agaisnt CKD when it really isn't complete. Again, not everything CKD has done has been scummy, and he has done some anti-town things; however, I am getting scummy vibes from him, and I think he has been left off the hook too easily after what Boggzie did.
So I'm going to save my case until it's actually good. Who knows? I may change my mind and think he's pro-town.

Bib, I'm asking you to post once a day/every two days if possible. You have been way too inactive, and I'm upset.

Ok these were my reactions real quick. Hopefully they make sense. I will 182 and on tomorrow with fresh eyes, and I eagerly await Occult's summary.

Also, before I forget, one strike against you, CKD, is that you have been claiming to work on a "case" for a while. And waiting for a couple of things to pan out. (118, 137).
You've been talking about your case for 3 days, and to me it seems like you are postponing posting it for some reason? Maybe I'm completely wrong, which is what you're going to say, of course.
Anyway, Again I'm going to ask how far along you are.

Ok now I'm really tired.
I'm sure this is really repetetive. Sorry, and goodnight.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:15 am

Cere, I agree BAB is the VI....or scum. I dont think I am leaning town as much as I once was, but his posts are so unorganized, blatantly apparent he is not reading the thread thoroughly, and demostrates huge jumps in assumption, I cant imagine scum would be so obvious. Of course, if anyone has ever played with DGB, then you know scum could be. If he is scum or if he is town, it is obvious that he is new.

BAB, you have yet to show my contradiction...

--it is common knowledge that your posts are hard to follow. STOP SPINNING.

--you have yet to put forth a case against me.

--I provided specific examples of what I deem scummy, that is not vague....I however, also believe anything can be scummy depending on the player and context...please explain how this belief is scummy again? STOP SPINNING.

--I havent been "working" on a case...I have been waiting for lurkers to post, Black just did and I am watching interactions right now...Where have I said I have been WORKING on my case? I am not putting a case out there, until I feel like I have a strong canidate for scum. Why are you pressuring me for a case that I dont have yet? STOP SPINNING

--Why are you trying so hard to spin everything I say scummy?

---you say you need to be more "conservative in my accusations" yet you write mountians of text to say I am scummy without a case, organized thought, or real "facts".

Also Bab, I find it odd that everytime you post something you say "I think this is scummy, but I could be wrong", "I think your scummy, but that doesnt mean mafia", or my favorite "I am calling you out, that doesnt mean you are scummy, just anti town".

I think that you could be trying to cover your ass when you add these statements to the end of your posts. If we hang someone that you have said that about, you always can fall back on, "well, I said, I wasnt sure"..

anyway, if you think I am scum, why arent you voting me? To me, it feels like you are waiting to get a couple other town backers before having to place your vote. You have dedicated most of your time in this game to me and trying to spin me scummy ("but maybe not mafia")...now back it up with a vote...or a case even...because right now, you are not helping us AT ALL.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:37 am

Post by cerebus3 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Cere, I agree BAB is the VI....or scum. I dont think I am leaning town as much as I once was, but his posts are so unorganized, blatantly apparent he is not reading the thread thoroughly, and demostrates huge jumps in assumption, I cant imagine scum would be so obvious. Of course, if anyone has ever played with DGB, then you know scum could be. If he is scum or if he is town, it is obvious that he is new.
This is the definition of a VI. For one reason or another, a VI has such a wildly different view on the game that actions that to others would indicate scummyness do not to the VI. To deal with such a player, you have to figure out whether said scummy behavior was in fact scummy or if it was due to this different perspective, which is an endless labyrinth of WIFOM from which there is no escape. Due to this, all actions with said player become null-tells.

I believe we have two options to deal with this:

Just say fuck it and lynch him. I don't think anybody here will disagree that if we were not dealing with a VI, Bab would have been lynched ages ago. The good thing about this idea is that we get rid of a distraction to the town, whether or not he is scum, and if he is scum we could potentially root out his scumbuddy based on other players' reactions to him (though we couldn't really reliably look at his own posts for previously stated reasons). The problem with this idea is that we have a good chance of it being a mislynch and wasting a lynch. If he is town then we don't have much to go on for other players and the scum are at an advantage.

Just say fuck it and leave him be. Moving on and examining other players will undoubtedly be more productive than what we are doing now. The advantage of this is that we wont mislynch, and we can save it for a player that is genuinely being scummy, and it gives Bab a chance to clean up his game. The problem is that if we end up in an endgame situation with Bab, a lot of problems come up and we end up dealing with what we have now, except in a crucial moment.

I think the right plan of action is to leave him until day 2 or 3, and if nothing changes, we lynch him then.

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Amor »

Man, this BaB/CKD argument is confusing. What are you two fighting about again?

As for the idea of not posting who we think is town, while I think that it has some merit, it really wouldn't be that hard for the mafia to look at who's accused most and who gets left off scumlists to see who people think is town. While it does make the mafia's job a bit easier, I think that the exchange of information more than makes up for it.

I'm also not getting a lot from BiB's post. Not scummy, per se, but most of it is summarizing and repetition.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I havent been "working" on a case...I have been waiting for lurkers to post, Black just did and I am watching interactions right now
I don't like this idea of "sitting back and seeing what happens." You mentioned this before when me and BaB were arguing. This seems to me like an excuse not to contribute until there's a consensus that you can jump on.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 am

stupid delete key. I'm re-doing this post right now.
PART 1
backinblack167 wrote: Post 111 (BaB):
I concur with CKD's
finding of BaB's questioning of Amor's time spent in the forum odd, and I'm also curious about why not unvoting a random vote is a scummy action(inaction?).
If I'm right, random votes are used to produce reactions. Once the reactions happen, the random vote isn't exactly helping town, right? Maybe I'm wrong about what random votes mean.
Oh, and since I got a reaction from you:
unvote

Bib wrote: Post 116 (BaB):
BaB sort of seems to be attempting to downplay his involvement/deflect attention in this post
This is the same point CKD has been making for a while. I've replied to him numerous times that I am trying to be as involved as possible in this game. "I have a habit of under-estimating myself," especially in my involvement in things (163).
bib wrote: Post 117 (RI):
In my mind Occult and BaB are connected relativly strongly, and I can't see both of them being scum. I feel a relative connection to and from Occult, I also see Occult conveying a small connection to Boggzie (Aka CKD) These I think are all relativly strong connections.
I agree with a lot of this, but I wouldn't count out a BaB/Occult scumpair because of a strong connection alone.
I would like to mention that you didn't discount the boggzie/Occult scumpair.
This is defending Boggzie (who is CKD)

BIB wrote: Post 120 (BaB):
My "possible clue" is destroyed. I saw RI make a post ( i guess this is called meta-ing?) that implied he had played mafia online again. I wanted to trap him in that lie, but he answered honestly. This gives me very pro-town feelings towards RI. I feel that his recent post is something I needed to see from him.
I know Lynch All Liars is a common philosophy, but do you really think whether he is lying about playing before would cause him to change from pro-town to scum? It just seems sort of irrelevant to me.

Another instance of BaB attempting to deflect attention, and this time, seems to want to avoid being connected with others.
Where the %*#@ was that in the post. Seems like you are, as CKD would say, "spinning."
Yeah where was I trying to deflect attention, and where am I trying to avoid connections. That's just a lie. Maybe that's why you said that LAL wasn't appropriate. Because you lie? rato.
bib wrote: Post 122 (Amor):
States that the "pattern in his posting is a result of unwillingness to falsely accuse someone. I can buy that, as his posts do come off with that sort of feel IMO.
Woh woh woh! Don't use quotation marks if you're not directly quoting someone, please. That was a paraphrase.

CKD
: I did directly quote you before, I just started and ended where it was relevant. 'seems like' is a phrase that really means nothing, imo. It's just a vocal filler and has no effect for me. So when I didn't post that, I wasn't spinning what you said. I'm sorry if you felt that the "seems" really changes a quote, and next time I won't do that.
Of course, the exception is in that if you say "it might seem like A but it is really B" Let me know if you don't understand.
Bib wrote:
Post 126 (BaB):
BaB defends himself. Newbie card is played.

Despite your first two posts being your first ever, they're still part of the game and need to be analyzed. We can't just disregard them.
Very true.
bib wrote:
Your one reason that you attacked Occult is essentially this:
Also, to clarify, this is what I did:
1) I saw that Occult was a little scummy
2) I wanted to start with action,
3) I random voted Occult
4) Someone ( i forget who) asked me to defend my choice. I didn't really have reasons, but I wanted to start with action, so I pick apart his posts for a very bias and week post.
5) He shows me (and I realize) how terrible my post was,
6) I back off because I realize I don't have enough evidence.
Correct?
That is one way I phrased it. I think the best way I phrased it is on post 154, which has a lot of pretty colors in it. But if you understand it here, that's fine.
Bib wrote: Post 128 (BaB): Comments on WLC kind of out of nowhere. I'm not really a fan of metaing to determine alignment, but the analysis has merit.
I would like everyone to ignore my meta'ing until someone else does it. I feel that I probably didn't do it very well, and I agree that meta'ing is a poor way to decide.
Bib wrote: Post 132 (BaB):
I was actually delighted to have been mentioned so many times.
Your earlier posts didn't really come off that way.
I'm sure CKD agrees with you. You're both wrong, though.

Bib wrote: Post 145 (BaB): Backs off Amor. Not entirely sure on what to make of this.
I re-read his posts and changed my mind:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Amor: First of all, I have looked back at some of your posts I realized you haven't been as predictable the entire game. [...]
You have been more helpful for the town than I
originally thought you were
when I was going to write this.
Bib wrote: Post 150 (RI): Believes that CKD was reaching on BaB's desire to keep involvement low. To me it seems more like he doesn't want people to think he's overly involved than purposely keeping involvement low.
How is my involvement in this game? Too much, just right, or not enough?
Bib wrote: Post 154 (BaB): Restates essentially everything he's been saying thus far except with new words to replace "i was new." Kind of a pointless post, IMO.
I've been trying to state the same thing in different ways. Apparently you understand most of the posts. I worked really hard to make that one post really clear, and I hope everyone else now understands.
Bib wrote: Post 158 (BaB): Definitely flipflops on Amor here, though he already began that in an earlier post.
I disagree with CKD being a flagrant liar.
I didn't flip-flop. I'm still kind of level with him. I want to encourage him to continue making stronger posts.
bib wrote:
Bab wrote:This post was going to be a long post against Backinblack, but he might be replaced, so I decided I didn't want to bother until I knew he was coming back.
I'm here. Let's hear it.
Everyone else is taking there time. I'm going to do the same. I don't want to come out with a half-baked case again.
Bib wrote: Very sorry for my play not living up to your standards, but your votes aren't really going to get my attention if I don't have time to check the thread or post.
I'm sure this is sarcasm (the part about not living up to my standards). In the future I would like to know how often you might post. If you don't know, that's ok. Also let us know if you will be absent for over 72 hours again.
Bib wrote: As for player by player:
CKD/Boggzie: Boggzie kind of overreacted but
I don't think he was really scummy or suspicious like everyone said he was. CKD has made some good analysis IMO.
PART 2
Now you're second post, to which I'm only responding to the things I feel that I need to:
backinblack167 wrote:
Okay. Just because I didn't directly respond to your response does not mean I didn't listen to/read it, though.
I think that responses are utterly necessary to this game
Bib wrote:
2 days later you just
defend boggzie
with one sentence, not really contributing anything.

That was one of the main topics of discussion at that point, and I kind of disagree that leaving your thoughts on one of the main topics is a lack of contribution. That's just my thoughts, of course.
Good point. Still, one sentence? And we have seen recently that you are more than able to write a long post.
Bib wrote: I'm still curious about how CKD is so scummy.
Everytime I've re-read the game (and CKD: I'm willing to bet I've done it many more times than you have, so stop this bullshit about me not reading posts.) I have written down who comes off as scummy and who comes off as pro-town. Everytime, CKD has given off scumy vibes. I'm going to wait longer before I make a case against him or you.

Part 3
cerebus3 wrote: Black's post didn't do much for me. He made an enormous post that essentially just repeated what other players had posted earlier.
BackInBlack wrote:I don't really think that he needed to attack someone to avoid being cast as scum. Which is why his post IS kind of strange. Seems like a major overreaction to what was kind of a side comment by RI.
Side comment? did you miss post 121? In that post RI shows that Amor isn't doing anything in reality. He would say something and then take it back, which is really just lurking verbosely. Not only that, but he was beginning to get some pressure from players other than just RI. If Amor did not do anything, I feel that he would seem more scummy for continuing to do nothing. Besides, if he continued the way he was, it would be much more difficult to get a read on him.
QFT
Cerb wrote: On the subject of Bab, I am wondering if we don't have a case of VI on our hands. Ever since Bab replaced into the game, it has ground to a halt because players are spending so much time trying to figure out how genuine his posts are. A majority of the discussion has either been about Bab's behavior or in response to said behavior.
I strongly disagree. It's other people who have been attacking my posts. For example CKD asking me to explain the same thing over and over. According to the wiki it means I "habitually say the wrong things." Please point out where I have "said the wrong things." I think that labeling me as VI is completely inappropriate. Again it's not my fault people have been examining me, I'm just posting my thoughts, and many people disagree, some agree.
Cerb wrote: At this point, I believe he is unreadable and we should focus on examining other players right now. Yes, I know VI is a harsh term, and I wouldn't be using it if I didn't think it was warranted.
Ouch. Is there a reason you want to take all my credibility away?

Here is one of the silliest posts in the game (my comments are bolded):
curiouskarmadog wrote:Cere, I agree BAB is the VI....or scum. I dont think I am leaning town as much as I once was, but his posts are so unorganized, blatantly apparent he is not reading the thread thoroughly,
I am not reading the thread thoroughly? Are kidding me!? Of all things to accuse me of doing, this is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. I have read this thread so many times.
and demostrates huge jumps in assumption,
way to go. Making another complete lie without any evidence.
I cant imagine scum would be so obvious. Of course, if anyone has ever played with DGB, then you know scum could be. If he is scum or if he is town, it is obvious that he is new.

BAB, you have yet to show my contradiction...
My post was meant to goad you into slipping up. It was a post to get a reaction

--it is common knowledge that your posts are hard to follow.
Common knowledge? You are the only one who has said my posts are hard to follow, and you just said it right now. Cerb says I'm a VI but he doesn't say my posts are hard to follow.
Anyway, I have commented in many of my posts that if you're confused, let me know. You have done this, but as I noted before, you are only trying to emphasize a ridiculously wrong point about me trying to avoid involvement in this game. You are making horrible statements about my gameplay and saying everything I do is spinning. STOP SPINNING.
STOP SPINNING

--you have yet to put forth a case against me.
As I said before, I'm going to wait till I have mor evidence

--I provided specific examples of what I deem scummy, that is not vague....I however, also believe anything can be scummy depending on the player and context...please explain how this belief is scummy again?
I think that you basically cancelled out your examples by saying they might not be scum tells. I also think you ruined the chance for us to
paraphrase quote: 'know where you are coming from for my re-reads and future reads"
STOP SPINNING.
the fact that you mention this so many times in this post clearly makes me think you are spinning the facts against me. STOP SAYING STOP SPINNING! :)

--I havent been "working" on a case...I have been waiting for lurkers to post, Black just did and I am watching interactions right now...Where have I said I have been WORKING on my case? I am not putting a case out there, until I feel like I have a strong canidate for scum. Why are you pressuring me for a case that I dont have yet? STOP SPINNING
what about this is spinning? You are so . . . silly.

--Why are you trying so hard to spin everything I say scummy?
I'm not. You have definitely done some pro-town things. I even agreed with you about the list thing.

---you say you need to be more "conservative in my accusations" yet you write mountians of text to say I am scummy without a case, organized thought, or real "facts".
mountains of text!? sounds like someone is exagerating. STOP SPINNING. See isn't that annoying?

Also Bab, I find it odd that everytime you post something you say "I think this is scummy, but I could be wrong", "I think your scummy, but that doesnt mean mafia", or my favorite "I am calling you out, that doesnt mean you are scummy, just anti town".

I think that you could be trying to cover your ass when you add these statements to the end of your posts. If we hang someone that you have said that about, you always can fall back on, "well, I said, I wasnt sure"..
mark my words. When we hang someone that I voted for AND made a case against, if it was mafia, I will gloat like there's no tomorrow. But if I lead a case against someone who turned out to be town, I will take full responsibality for my actions. If someone in the future is meta'ing me right now, you will see that I do this.

anyway, if you think I am scum, why arent you voting me?
I don't have a big enough case yet, and I was able to get a huge reaction out of you without voting
To me, it feels like you are waiting to get a couple other town backers before having to place your vote.
wrong.[
You have dedicated most of your time in this game to me and trying to spin me scummy
I have spent 2 posts doing this (185 and 170. Maybe another post I'm missing.) the point is you are COMPLETELY TWISTING WHAT I AM DOING!!!
. I ("but maybe not mafia")...now back it up with a vote...or a case even...because right now, you are not helping us AT ALL.
I'm not voting because I don't have a big enough case just yet.

My response to the last 2 posts will come later, it's time for lunch.

CKD: You being an IC, please tell me how to improve my posts for clarity.
I am figuring you and backinblack to be the scumpair. But I need more evidence. Maybe after a couple more pages of discussion it will be done. Maybe after a couple pages I decide you are both innocent.
We'll see.
Signature:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 am

Cere, I dont want to lynch BAB because he is the VI, and a suggestion to do so is scummy...I am more interested in his actions, not the fact he distracting the town..

Amor, I am not just sitting back, trust me, if I had to push a case today...where did I say I was just sitting back? Would you rather I push a case for a lynch right now, without having all the facts and conversation needed to do so properly? How is that pro town?

Amor, you want people to believe I am "sitting back"..please describe exactly what you are doing.

BAB, jesus, and mountain of text? Will get to it when I can.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 am

Post by cerebus3 »

CKD wrote:Cere, I dont want to lynch BAB because he is the VI, and a suggestion to do so is scummy...I am more interested in his actions, not the fact he distracting the town..
FOS:
CKD for making a blanket response to my post and misrepresenting what I said.

I
don't
want him lynched, especially not today, but an endgame situation with a player like Bab is extremely dangerous, and if we don't have a better candidate day 3, which is unlikely unless he IS scum, then I don't want him around. When I look at his actions I see "I am a VI", so I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by continuing to interrogate him. What part of his actions have you seen that could only be done by scum and not a VI? I believe that you are wasting the towns time in persisting in this farce that accomplished nothing.

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 am

Cerb, post 187:
cerebus3 wrote: This is the definition of a VI. For one reason or another, a VI has such a wildly different view on the game that actions that to others would indicate scummyness do not to the VI. To deal with such a player, you have to figure out whether said scummy behavior was in fact scummy or
if it was due to this different perspective,
which is an endless labyrinth of WIFOM from which there is no escape. Due to this, all actions with said player become null-tells.
Cerb:
First of all, even though you are not one of our ICs, you have (or at least claim to have) the experience to call me a VI. This means you should have the experience to help me out.
I also don't know why you want to discredit my arguments so rapidly.
As for having a different perspective: This is something entirely different than a VI. VI has so many negative connotations. RI has a different perspective on this game (his whole connections thing), yet you don't call him VI. I want to know what I have done that hasn't helped the town. This is not really for the game, it's for my own benefit. However, I won't be able to listen to your advice until I discover if you are mafia or not
cerb wrote: I believe we have two options to deal with this:

Just say fuck it and lynch him. [. . .]

Just say fuck it and leave him be. Moving on and examining other players will undoubtedly be more productive than what we are doing now.
I think the right plan of action is to leave him until day 2 or 3, and if nothing changes, we lynch him then.
My own opinion is that if someone is not helping the town, they should be lynched. Do you truly think I haven't helped the town at all?
(the problem with that answer is that we won't be able to see if I really did help until endgame.)

Amor, post 188:
Amor wrote:Man, this BaB/CKD argument is confusing. What are you two fighting about again?
CKD is pissed because
he says
I'm spinning everything he says against him. That is his claimed reason for hating on me.
I think the truth is he is mafia. The fact that I don't have a *solid* case yet, but still believes it pisses him off because he can't defend himself.
I'm pissed at me because he is discrediting my arguments by saying that I'm spinning.

Amor says two things that I'm QFT:
1)
I'm also not getting a lot from BiB's post. Not scummy, per se, but most of it is summarizing and repetition.
2)
curiouskarmadog wrote:I havent been "working" on a case...I have been waiting for lurkers to post, Black just did and I am watching interactions right now
I don't like this idea of "sitting back and seeing what happens." You mentioned this before when me and BaB were arguing. This seems to me like an excuse not to contribute until there's a consensus that you can jump on.
CKD (post 190):
curiouskarmadog wrote:Cere, I dont want to lynch BAB because he is the VI,
Bab says: "Or rather, you can kill me in the night because you are scum"
and a suggestion to do so is scummy...I am more interested in his actions, not the fact he distracting the town..
You're doing anything you can to discredit me, CKD.
[. . .]
CKD wrote: Amor, you want people to believe I am "sitting back"..please describe exactly what you are doing.
You are putting words into Amor's mouth. Amor called it like it is, and you are deflecting what he is saying about you by asking him what he is doing.
CKD wrote: BAB, jesus, and mountain of text? Will get to it when I can.
I'm sure you won't read it. I'm guessing you will write about how I still don't make sense, ignore the parts of my post that attack you, and direct attention away from my arguments (or lower my credibility some more.)

Cerb: I get it. You think I'm the VI. Do you have to put it in every one of your posts? It sure seems like it.
Ok, so assuming I'm the VI, what's the best course of action? Shut up for the rest of the game? Should everyone just ignore all of my arguments?
[sarcasm]why don't we just pretend I don't even exist![/sarcasm].

This has nothing to do with the game, but I'm pissed. Stop being so fucking patronizing.

Occult, can't wait for your post. I feel that today may be a very productive day. Woohoo!
Signature:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm

cerebus3 wrote:
CKD wrote:Cere, I dont want to lynch BAB because he is the VI, and a suggestion to do so is scummy...I am more interested in his actions, not the fact he distracting the town..
FOS:
CKD for making a blanket response to my post and misrepresenting what I said.

I
don't
want him lynched, especially not today, but an endgame situation with a player like Bab is extremely dangerous, and if we don't have a better candidate day 3, which is unlikely unless he IS scum, then I don't want him around. When I look at his actions I see "I am a VI", so I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by continuing to interrogate him. What part of his actions have you seen that could only be done by scum and not a VI? I believe that you are wasting the towns time in persisting in this farce that accomplished nothing.
I didnt say that YOU said we should lynch BAB, I said that that suggestion would be scummy. in your post you CLEARLY STATE we should leave him alone for now...I just wanted my opinion out there, before people read your post and decide BAB is the play today.

I also see another big post by BAB..will get to it when I can
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:42 pm

omg I skimmed over BAB's posts.....couple quick notes...do you not see that I am actually defending you by saying you are not the lynch today????...ARE YOU REALLY READING THE THREAD?

I did not put words in Amor mouth..he said I WAS SITTING BACK...you even quoted his post where he said that...ARE YOU REALLY READING THE THREAD?

it is going to take me hours to reply and pull quotes for BAB crap...and yes, 80% of it appears to be crap, but I think the majority of the town can see that...and the format you did it in (half bold response and half pulling quotes and replying normally) will also be a pain to reply to....so it might look something like a post pyramid, but hopefully I can organize it to something that is easy to read and respond too....I will try to hit it this weekend, no promises though.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:15 pm

If you want me to stick to a style I will. I still can't decide whether the bolding method is better or not.
I'm going to cross out all the times that you are being obnoxious.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
omg
I skimmed over BAB's posts.....couple quick notes...do you not see that I am actually defending you by saying you are not the lynch today
????...ARE YOU REALLY READING THE THREAD?
First of all, your post on 186 is evidence-less attack against me. You ask loaded questions ("Why are you trying so hard to spin everything I say scummy?") claim that I am "spinning everything you say" multiple times. Being lynched today versus later doesn't matter. I'm trying to do the best thing for the town, which is, in my oppinion, to unearth your scumminess. I think you have been over-defensive. You're digging yourself a hole here. I can't wait for your response to my post, it's going to be riddled with hundreds of scum tells. I don't care if you are defending me, I want you gone since you're scum. Period. And I'm reading the thread, not "skimming" like you are.
CKD wrote: it is going to take me hours to reply and pull quotes for BAB
crap
...and yes,
80% of it appears to be crap
, but I think the majority of the town can see that...and the format you did it in (half bold response and half pulling quotes and replying normally)
will also be a pain to reply to
....so it might look something like a post pyramid, but hopefully I can organize it to something that is easy to read and respond too....I will try to hit it this weekend, no promises though.

Sorry about changing the format, but I wrote that post in three different stages. If this was confusing, you should have addressed it before. Can't wait for you're "case," which is OMGUS, since you were "defending" me right before.

Oh, you're falling into my trap by the way. As you said in post 190, and I'll paraphrase for you, that lynching a VI is a scummy move. Building a case against me will get me lynched. You are scum, and with every post I grow more and more certain.

I don't need more evidence to convince myself, I only need more evidence to convince the rest of this town. So, please, PLEASE, respond to me.

In the words of fightclub:
I want you to hit me as hard as you can
. I dare you.

Yeah so you get a vote, and I'm going to vote for you until you're lynched (or you miraculously change my mind.)
vote: curiouskarmadog
Signature:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:18 pm

where the fuck did I say I was building a case against you? YOU ARE EITHER DELIBERATELY SPINNING or NOT READING THE THREAD...please quote where I said I was building a case against you..I said I WAS GOING TO REPLY TO YOU..

I just told Amor that I didnt have enough to build a case against anyone.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:20 pm

also, if you read (and not paraphrase) I said you were either a VI OR SCUM...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Asking if I was reading this thread over and over in capital letters isn't helping. You just coming across as obnoxious. You're a broken record.

I would back off of you if I wasn't so sure that you were scum. It's usually not town-beneficial to focus really strong on someone, but I know you're mafia. The only question is who your partner is, and if you are a roll-blocking mafia or not.

Again, I'm getting you to react, I know you're probably not building a case against me (since it'd be OMGUS). I'm going to publicly tell you my intentions. I'm trying to get you to slip, and eventually you will mess up.
Then you will be lynched. That's how it'll go.

Whew. I wonder what everyone thinks of this. Probably they'll say I'm attacking you to strongly. And in that sense I may be a VI since no one can follow how I got my suspicions. I'm eagerly anticipating Occult's summary, what backinblack/everyone else has to say about this, and also KCD messing up and losing his cool some more.
Signature:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm

please answer the question, where did I say I was building a case?..or are you making that up?

please state where I put words in amor mouth...you avoided answering those questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”