Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

2 remaining admin scum?
plus 1 soup scum, and 1 headbashing scum, gives us 4 scum out of 4 players.

HoS: Mneme

If we do have 2 admin scum left, i can easily see this as a slip.

Also,
Nominate Gorgon-Modkill

We cant get a lynch today with him lurking, and as the odds are that he is scum anyway, he's worth modkilling, allowing us to get an additional lynch aswell.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Korlash »

Ok first off... Someone smack Mneme.. We have 2 soup scum not admin. Secondly I have cleared both Goron AND BM with investigations. So your "theory" is null-in-void as far as me and a partner goes.

That slip up makes me feel Mneme is either town or soup scum. Either way, that means there isn't 3 scum left. First off him as town + me as town = 2 scum max. Him as soup scum means he has no partner and thus only 2 soup and only 2 admin. The only other option here is "another" Sk, which I find unlikely, or a possible "gym scum pairing" which flavorwise and Mod note seems unlikely.

As for thsi nominated modkill, when did mod killings become player's choice? I believe the furthest we can go is to ask for prods. To ask for a modkill, especially in what I would term endgame, very not-so-town-like in my book!

Lastly, Gorgon said he would be gone until Monday at the latest, so to ask for a mod kill for a player based ont he term lurking after that player said he would be gone is very VERY NSTL.

So my FullBodyOS goes to BM!

I'm hoping Gorgon can give a little input in shortly when he is back from vacation and perhaps we can have a lynch by the end of the week.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Korlash »

EBWOP: We have 2 soup scum not admin
if there are three scum left

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:Ok first off... Someone smack Mneme.. We have 2 soup scum not admin. Secondly I have cleared both Goron AND BM with investigations. So your "theory" is null-in-void as far as me and a partner goes.

That slip up makes me feel Mneme is either town or soup scum. Either way, that means there isn't 3 scum left. First off him as town + me as town = 2 scum max. Him as soup scum means he has no partner and thus only 2 soup and only 2 admin. The only other option here is "another" Sk, which I find unlikely, or a possible "gym scum pairing" which flavorwise and Mod note seems unlikely.
Thats odd-my feeling was that if scum, Mneme was more likely to be Admin scum, due to the setup misrepresentation.
Korlash wrote: As for thsi nominated modkill, when did mod killings become player's choice? I believe the furthest we can go is to ask for prods. To ask for a modkill, especially in what I would term endgame, very not-so-town-like in my book!
Bearing in mind the odds against us here, im sure you can understand that an extra designated kill is not something to complain about.
Korlash wrote: Lastly, Gorgon said he would be gone until Monday at the latest, so to ask for a mod kill for a player based ont he term lurking after that player said he would be gone is very VERY NSTL.
ah, i didnt see that. Lets hope he posts today then.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Gorgon »

I'm back.

Strange kills last night. I thought the basher was dead. However, this somewhat coincides with the strange kills N2, where there were two bashings, but no boiling. Perhaps the soup scum occasionally bash people instead of boiling them?

Anyhow, this weirdness aside, two kills means we have at least two scum alive, right? Problem is, I'm having a hard time putting everything together. I've been assuming that the scum have pretty equal powers, which would mean, for instance, that either both The Hermit and mneme were scum, or both were town. Now The Hermit has been killed and confirmed as town, I'm having a hard time seeing mneme as scum. Why would one scum group get a PR'd guy, and the other one not?

Also, Korlash is a mason. Again, why would one scum group get a mason, and the other one not?

One way in which this could make sense is if there's one from each scum group left alive. The admin scum would thus have three guys in all, and the soup scum would have two guys. In order to balance things, the soup scum would then have a PR'd guy or a mason. Could work I guess.

BM suggested a no lynch. Although it looks pretty damn likely that he is scum at this point, I think this may not be a bad idea. If there's two scum left alive and we lynch one of them, the other can just kill a townie tonight and win. Right?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:45 am

Post by mneme »

Sumiatsenn, Korlash, and BM, but unlike you guys, I'm not scum, and can't actually tell the difference between the factions. You're all scum to me. Also, the mysterious klller was almost certainly blackberry -- we've never had two deaths after his killing, and he was unaffiliated scum. Yes, 2 soup alive, 1 admin alive. 1 soup dead, 2 admin. Assuming the game setup is the most obvious 3/3/1 one.

The problem with a no lynch is twofold:

1. Since this game has no votes, it means having to time out, thus taking too long. (yeah, we could just tell the mod "we're not throwing any more food", I suppose)

2. In the expected case, no lynch just makes scum win. I'm sure this is good for the soup scummies (korlash and BM, I'd bet), but not so much for me. I'd rather lynch a Soup and hope you guys kill each other off, frankly.

This said, we -must- lynch one of me or Korlash. In the unlikely case that we have two opposed scum left, they're most likely to be Gorgon and BM, due to the setup discontinutiy we've seen. If we lynch one of two scum, there's a good chance the other scum just wins by massacre. So the "town"'s best bet is to lynch the one of Korlash and myself that the non-Soup scum believe most likely to be Soup (I know this is Korlash, since I'm town. But since whichever of Gorgon and BM don't, I'm trying to appeal to scummy self-interest).

Basically, if my assumptions are correct:

If we no-lynch, the soup scum win.
If we lynch admin-scum, the soup scum win.
If we actually only have two scum left, and lynch -any- scum, the remaining scum wins.

Therefore, we must lynch someone who is soup, and if not soup, is a townie.

This person is Korlash.

throws 6 head-cheese sushi rolls at Korlash
throws tea at korlash
smells wasabi then throws wasabi at Korlash
throws all remaining food at Korlash

(of course, if we -are- in a two soup, 1 admin, one mneme/townie situation, that doesn't answer the question of why the game isn't over. but I have my guesses).
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:I'm back.

Strange kills last night. I thought the basher was dead. However, this somewhat coincides with the strange kills N2, where there were two bashings, but no boiling. Perhaps the soup scum occasionally bash people instead of boiling them?

Anyhow, this weirdness aside, two kills means we have at least two scum alive, right? Problem is, I'm having a hard time putting everything together. I've been assuming that the scum have pretty equal powers, which would mean, for instance, that either both The Hermit and mneme were scum, or both were town. Now The Hermit has been killed and confirmed as town, I'm having a hard time seeing mneme as scum. Why would one scum group get a PR'd guy, and the other one not?
In order to keep the game from being breakable. Also, it could be an issue of balance aswell.
Gorgon wrote: Also, Korlash is a mason. Again, why would one scum group get a mason, and the other one not?
Same as above.
Gorgon wrote: One way in which this could make sense is if there's one from each scum group left alive. The admin scum would thus have three guys in all, and the soup scum would have two guys. In order to balance things, the soup scum would then have a PR'd guy or a mason. Could work I guess.
This is currently where im leaning aswell.
Gorgon wrote: BM suggested a no lynch. Although it looks pretty damn likely that he is scum at this point, I think this may not be a bad idea. If there's two scum left alive and we lynch one of them, the other can just kill a townie tonight and win. Right?
exactly. But we run the risk of getting slaughtered if we have 3 scum remaining. I say 'we' but for that to be true, you'd all have to be scum from different groups, with me as the only townie remaining. :shock:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

NB: Not hammering. This needs some more thought.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Korlash »

Mneme... if your town I pity you... I really do...
Mneme wrote:we've never had two deaths after his killing, and he was unaffiliated scum.
We had two deaths last night... WTF are yout alking about?!?!?!

Mneme wrote:Therefore, we must lynch someone who is soup, and if not soup, is a townie.
We must lynch soup. There is no way town wins if we lyncha townie as, if there are three scum left, we lose right then! If there is two soup, and one admin left, and we lynch town, soup win automatically.

Also throwing food like that without letting your 'plan" get discussed really leads me to doubt your affiliation. As far as I'm concerned town already lost. One or three scum left, doesnt matter.

Mneme wrote:(of course, if we -are- in a two soup, 1 admin, one mneme/townie situation, that doesn't answer the question of why the game isn't over. but I have my guesses).
Dude I don't know what your problem is but if we hve one town, two scum B, and one scum A, scum B has not automatically won. One of them can still be lynched while the other can be NKed, that is whyt he game is not over. i really don't see what your doing tring to be all secretive "I have my guess!!!' and what not. It's painfully obvious.

*sigh*

i still think BM is scum, but seeing as how we already have one premature overeager person I think I'll end up throwing my food at gorgon...

Quick break down:
(If three scum)
No lynch- Town loss
Lynch town- Town loss
Lynch admin scum- town loss
Lynch Soup scum- anyones game

(If one scum)
Lynch town- Town loss
No lynch- Anyones game
Lynch scum- Seems impossible right now...

So you can see why I'm a little depressed right now...

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:53 am

Post by mneme »

Korlash-san: I left an entire round of posts between my initial analysis (which concluded that you or BM had to die) and my alpha. (that said, yes, 2 deaths. 2 scumgroups = 2 deaths. We haven't had -three- deaths since out lone "scum" died).

Of -course- BM is scum. Of -course- holy is scum. But I don't think they're scum together. (actually, the lack of a hammer starts to prove my judgement there).

Now, re your analysis: It's completely baka.

1. We don't have 1 or 3 scum. We have 2 or 3 scum, and 2 scumgroups.
2. If we have 2 scum, we must No Lynch or lynch a townie.
3 If we have 3 scum we must lynch soup.

The conclusion, therefore, is that we must lynch someone who is either soup or a townie, but definately not Admin. That's kinda you (actually, it's exactly you).

If I'd jumped wrong, and you were the last Admin, I'd have expected BM to hammer -- but he didn't. So I'm figuring I guessed right.

Now re endgame: under normal circumstances, in a normal game, the game might be over once it reached 2 scumA, 1 scumB, 1 town, due to normal endgame rules -- 50% of the town = scum win--scumA cannnot lose in this case. But yes, some games have a vig or opposing scum delay the win to possibly have a dead tie. This game has non-standard voting rules, so it's possible the town can win even against a scum equality -- which is kinda what I'm counting on.

In any case, aside from "hammer Korlash and then kill eachother, scumz!" I don't have much to say to the scum, which are, you know, all or most of the rest of the game.
Did I say too much?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Korlash »

Mneme wrote:Of -course- holy is scum.
Holy is dead... she was town...

How the hell can we have 2 scum? Are you saying we have one soup and another lone scum? Or are you saying this game is unbalanced?

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Um - I came up with a theory that there were two scum as well. Of course, there could be three ... One scum group has a mason, and the other has a PR'd player. Point is there's at LEAST two scum left alive. Otherwise, how does one explain two deaths last night?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

Coudl be any number of reasons. Perhaps the gym teacher (note the kill was for failing gym class) has some... after you leave the game you send another home. Type of thing. Or perhaps one scum got two kills some how. Or you could hope we have a vig.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Mod, please replace me. I no longer enjoy mafia, and I am leaving the site. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Gorgon wrote:
Mod, please replace me. I no longer enjoy mafia, and I am leaving the site. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
You have to say who you want to throw the fish at!

:cry:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by Korlash »

Korlash is sad now...
:(

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Cake is replacing Gorgon! Remember to be courteous to substitutes. No putting frogs on their chairs.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:01 am

Post by The Cake »

Ok, and now I try a THIRD time to get something done in this game. Gorrad reporting under alt #2. I've been following the game, will give a quick reread of the last day or so to make sure I've got my facts straight and post better later today.
A Lie
The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 am

Post by The Cake »

Ok, turns out 'later today' is a lot sooner than I thought. Yay!

Mneme- 60% town. Haven't seen any real problems except alpha-striking Korlash, don't think PR is faked, but see below.

Korlash- 80% town. While there IS a possibility of one of the gossiping Masons being scum, I think a variety of sanities is more likely. What kind of cheerleader gossips with scum?

Battle Mage- I've read. I've reread. I've reread AGAIN. All signs point to scum scum. I said it before, I'll say it again. The amount of friction between him and Skruffs (town), if nothing else, is amazingly anti-town. He was probably expecting Skruffs to be soup scum, and was going to use that leverage to his advantage as admin scum. His claim? Highly indicative of admin scum. The only thing that stops me from alpha-striking is that odds are much more in favor of there being Soup Scum. This would, by process of emilination, leave Mneme.

On that note, there's a strong possibility that Mneme's PR ISN'T faked. Japanese chefs, anyone? Mneme's probably Benny Hannah or something. Those knives are frikkin' LETHAL.

In conclusion:
Soup Scum: Mneme
Admin Scum (if one is left): Battle Mage
Town: Korlash

I'll wait for responses and defenses before food is flung.
A Lie
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:43 am

Post by mneme »

youkoso, "The Cake!" Are you actually Gorgon's alt, ie, replacing yourself?

Domo, but your analysis is flawed.

It's fairly clear from #1865 that Korlash and Gorgon (and now Cake!) are likely scumbuddies, 1868 only confirms it.

Doesn't matter much, of course, except for how you guys take the night.

I take it that since you're 80% sure that Korlash is town, you'll be launching food at (or by my lights, bussing) him? Since if I'm scum, and BM is scum, and you and Korlash are town (I know this isn't the case, but it's a useful reducto), the only way for the town to win today is to lynch town or no-lynch (and no-lynch is, I believe, much worse (for town) than lynching town even in the 2-town, 2-scum model--1/9 chance of a town win, compared to 1/4 chance if you successfully lynch town and leave two opposing scum alive).
Did I say too much?
The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by The Cake »

GORRAD's alt, not Gorgon. As in, the guy who was NKd night 3, and NKd night 4 under the alt Ghulof.

1865 proves nothing. NADA. That you're even bringing it up as a tell is nuts. If someone I liked playing with left the site for good, I'd be sad no matter their alignment compared to my own.

Also, I don't think there are two scum, but there's a possibility of it. You've thrown food, so obviously you disagree. Is there any reasoning for that? If you're right, I'm fairly certain you're more likely the last soup scum than Korlash.

Finally, you're saying that there are scumbuddies left. Four people are left alive. If ANY group had more than one, we'd have lost. Or do you have an explanation for that too?
A Lie
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Korlash »

The cake is a lie...

;_;
Mneme wrote:I take it that since you're 80% sure that Korlash is town, you'll be launching food at (or by my lights, bussing) him? Since if I'm scum, and BM is scum, and you and Korlash are town (I know this isn't the case, but it's a useful reducto), the only way for the town to win today is to lynch town or no-lynch (and no-lynch is, I believe, much worse (for town) than lynching town even in the 2-town, 2-scum model--1/9 chance of a town win, compared to 1/4 chance if you successfully lynch town and leave two opposing scum alive).
A no lynch is better... /slap

THE LIE!!!! wrote:Finally, you're saying that there are scumbuddies left. Four people are left alive. If ANY group had more than one, we'd have lost. Or do you have an explanation for that too?
It is my understanding one scum group can't win if another oen exists. Is that not true?

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Korlash wrote:
THE LIE!!!! wrote:Finally, you're saying that there are scumbuddies left. Four people are left alive. If ANY group had more than one, we'd have lost. Or do you have an explanation for that too?
It is my understanding one scum group can't win if another oen exists. Is that not true?
Iunno, I thought it was majority
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by The Cake »

DOH!
A Lie
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well Like i said a scum group with only one person still has a chance to win so it would not be fair to let a group of two auto win right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”