Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Akonas wrote:You like him for who he is suspicious of?
No, I just like his list, as in, it's close to mine.
Akonas wrote:It's aggressive, yes; I put a vote on him, didn't I? It was more along the lines of "let's put pressure on him but not lynch before letting him have a say."
Alright, I see, I took it as sarcastic. In that case, it's just aggressive and nothing more.
Akonas wrote:You're saying that I want to get him lynched so badly that I unvoted? I simply wanted to get the point across that he did something bad. QF seemed very dismissive of it. I didn't see that much merit in the wagon because I acknowledge that it could very well be a slip-up, and I don't see him as all that scummy other than that.
If you acknowledged that it could very well have been a slip-up, why did you say this?
Akonas wrote:
For all my suspicions at the moment
, I will unvote. I don't see quite enough merit in this wagon at the moment.
Doesn't sound like nonsuspicion to me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by vikingfan »

My comments in bold
Talitha wrote:Why I think
Vikingfan
is scum. A recap of Day 1, by Talitha

In post 145 Zeddicus says: "we need to lynch darkdude now."
Vikingfan, post 146 wrote:careful zed...I'm always leery of people who say we need to do things NOW... there is never a need to hurry. Longer days always help the town. Of course, there is a point where a lynch is good, but IMO, we haven't reached that point yet.
This post stood out to me. It strikes me as the kind of thing a smart scum would say trying to sound all reasonable, unhurried, pro-town and beyond reproach.
But look what he does next:

You label it as being what a smart scum would say, but it's also what town should be saying. By this line of logic, what can be considered to be pro-town can also be considered to be scummy. I don't agree with what you're saying here. Moreover, other players such as QF (post 149) cautioned against moving too early.

Vikingfan, still post 146 wrote:that being said, I'm sensing heavy scummy vibes from darkdude since he's overly paranoid at the moment and not giving really good reasons to go after Yvonne. unvote vote darkdude.
He joins the wagon he has just warned against! His words say one thing, but his actions say something different.
I think darkdude and Vikingfan could be scum together - I think vikingfan saw a wagon building on his scum buddy and did not want to miss the chance to be on the wagon early.

At this time, Cephrir and darkdude were tied in the voting (after I voted). That is by no means creating a huge wagon since they were both still equally under suspicion at this time. If I am finding scummy vibes on darkdude and there is no danger of a lynch, should I not put my vote where my mouth is. I sense you trying to lead the town with this suggestion, especially since the main discussion right after I voted was on the nature of voting. There were 7 votes required for a lynch...given the nature of the game and how often I check in, I doubted highly that darkdude was on the way to a lynch at that time. It was also very useful to, as others noted at the time, gain more information on darkdude.

Then Akonas says that he finds 146 odd. Vikingfan replies in post 157
My rationale is that I didn't like the way that he said it, but on the other hand, darkdude is nowhere near lynching, so I didn't view as suspiciously as I would otherwise have, especially since no wave of votes occurred afterward. I do agree, though, I can't tell whether he just does that or not.
He's saying that he doesn't like the way zeddicus said "we need to lynch darkdude", but it would've been more suspicious if it had caused a wave of votes for darkdude. This just doesn't make sense to me a) because if a wave of votes had occured, we should be looking at the voters rather than the person who made the comment; and b) because Vikingfan voted for darkdude immediately after zeddicus's comment and would have been a part of that wave if it had occured.
Thus his explanation to Akonas reeks of poppycock to me.

My response to what you said is twofold: A) my complaint was not so much the way he said darkdude was suspicious as that we need to lynch him NOW. I noted that, partly to myself, for future reference. B) nothing occurs in a vacuum. That is to say, we are dealing with an informed minority here. Scum could have tried jumping on and creating a lynch or a lot more pressure at this point in time when I made this post, but they did not. Now, this could have occurred for any one of a number of reasons, but the fact is that when I created that post, it was not happening. People were calling him jumpy though.

Vikingfan, post 186 wrote:this smells WAY too much like backtracking and trying to get the pressure off. unvote vote mozsuggs You're trying to get us to believe that you're just a lazy town player, but it's just as possible that you could be a lazy SCUM player. I agree with Akonas...tell us who you find suspicious. There's 8 pages of material here, more than enough to find something useful.
It's just a small thing but I feel like the vote for mozsuggs was slipped in at the end of a sentence because he didn't really mean it. Just a gut thing there.

False. Would it have been better if I'd put it in at the end of the entire paragraph? I wasn't aware that where one put a vote in a paragraph was scummy...(sarcasm)

Then Moz is accused of saying that everyone is scum. Moz replies with post 197 "Obviously there are only two scum!-use your loaf!" Then in post 198 he backtracks to question that and asks how many scum would be in this game.
Vikingfan, post 199 wrote:2 scum? how on earth do you know that? 3 is generally accepted but there can always be more or less. but yes, there's generally MORE than two, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

Explain that very quickly because I don't like where you're going.
The "how on earth do you know that?" is very interesting to me. Remember that Moz is the person that Viking is voting for, so why would Viking say to someone that he thinks is scum "how on earth do you know how many scum there are?"... It doesn't make sense, unless Viking doesn't actually think Moz is scum.
Secondly I think Vikingfan is very quick to jump on this mistake, rather than consider it and qestion it. He stops short of saying "die Moz die die die", but seems to be trying to move things in that direction.
This line of reasoning does not follow. Just because I thought him scummy doesn't mean I can't question him further, especially when it appeared to me that he had made a slip-up- I did not want to let him slide on it. Why can't I ask him that? This strikes me more as trying to plant an idea in the town's mind that this is scummy when it is not. What I did ask for was an explanation. BTW, do you have any comments on my other posts...you only took the first half of my posts.

I also don't like Akonas' last post...smells a little bit too much of bandwagoning on Talitha and sucking up to her.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

I agree the case is weak and Akonas simple comment I never liked him and Talitha has a good scumdar seem all the more suspicious at the moment.
Wierd I say he hasn't done anything scummy and then he does not sure but Akonas It might help if you explain things a little more than just giving statements.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Vikingfan wrote:You label it as being what a smart scum would say, but it's also what town
should
be saying
(bolding mine). That's exactly my point. Scum will say what they think a townie
should
be saying. Townies tend to be less concerned about saying what a townie should be saying.
Vikingfan wrote:This line of reasoning does not follow. Just because I thought him scummy doesn't mean I can't question him further, especially when it appeared to me that he had made a slip-up- I did not want to let him slide on it. Why can't I ask him that?
Of course you should question him. But you dodged my point which was that the way you phrased the "how on earth..." was not consistent with you thinking that darkdude was likely scum (which you should have thought if you were voting for him, and the rest of your post also implies you are suspicious of him.) I was pointing out the inconsistency.
Vikingfan wrote:BTW, do you have any comments on my other posts...you only took the first half of my posts.
I commented on all of your posts that I noted down as interesting when I did my re-read a couple of weeks ago. Seeing as you asked, I also noted that your post 263 was townish.

Iwon't indulge further in a wall of words fest with Viking. It's all there in black and white and people should make their own judgement. I want to spend my time on Cephrir next.

VoD: A weak case? Is that compared to all the other water-tight cases that have been made against players in this game so far?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 am

Post by darkdude »

VoD: A weak case? Is that compared to all the other water-tight cases that have been made against players in this game so far?
Perhaps this would be the first one.

I find your logic generally inconsistent. That's all I can say for sure right now, in addition to my suspicions I mentioned earlier.

When is the inactive zeddicus going to get replaced? I hope that guy has more info!
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Akonas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:
Akonas wrote:Your coverup/backtracking has been noted.
Very broad accusation there and going back over the issue in question I find no such thing but if you believe this to be the case please back it up with some evidence.
It was mainly just "If a roar gets someone to be more active in the game then I will roar, I might also meow and sometimes purr", which seems to me to suggest that you're trying to suck up... I'm not sure exactly. Just with the whole Talitha thing you're kind of going back and saying "no, I wasn't that mean" in response to QF's complaining about it.

@Cephrir: Suspicion is not the same thing as wanting someone to get lynched/supporting a wagon.
vikingfan wrote:what can be considered to be pro-town can also be considered to be scummy.
QFT. This is a very subjective game, and is important to take everything someone's said into account when evaluating a particular statement.
vikingfan wrote:
Vikingfan, still post 146 wrote:that being said, I'm sensing heavy scummy vibes from darkdude since he's overly paranoid at the moment and not giving really good reasons to go after Yvonne. unvote vote darkdude.
He joins the wagon he has just warned against! His words say one thing, but his actions say something different.
I think darkdude and Vikingfan could be scum together - I think vikingfan saw a wagon building on his scum buddy and did not want to miss the chance to be on the wagon early.

At this time, Cephrir and darkdude were tied in the voting (after I voted). That is by no means creating a huge wagon since they were both still equally under suspicion at this time. If I am finding scummy vibes on darkdude and there is no danger of a lynch, should I not put my vote where my mouth is. I sense you trying to lead the town with this suggestion, especially since the main discussion right after I voted was on the nature of voting. There were 7 votes required for a lynch...given the nature of the game and how often I check in, I doubted highly that darkdude was on the way to a lynch at that time. It was also very useful to, as others noted at the time, gain more information on darkdude.
But you haven't addressed what Talitha said: that you had just warned against it. Can you explain the contradiction?
vikingfan wrote:I also don't like Akonas' last post...smells a little bit too much of bandwagoning on Talitha and sucking up to her.
OMGUS. Also that whole thing about how it's a tiny wagon, so what's the problem?

Vikingfan especially seemed completely fine with lynching darkdude, and that bothers me.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Akonas wrote:@Cephrir: Suspicion is not the same thing as wanting someone to get lynched/supporting a wagon.
But if you thought it was actually a mistake, why were you still suspicious?
Vikingfan especially seemed completely fine with lynching darkdude, and that bothers me.
Why?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Crub »

Eigth Vote Count of Day 2

zeddicus (2):
thevampireofdusseldorf, Cephrir
QuantumFruit (1):
darkdude
darkdude (1):
Talitha
Cephrir (1):
Pink Puppy
vikingfan (1):
Akonas

Not Voting (4):
QuantumFruit, windkirby, vikingfan, zeddicus

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

No luck finding a replacement as yet.
Last edited by Crub on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moo?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:36 pm

I believe zeddicus is by far more suspicious than viking at this stage. Your cases uses only a few posts on day one to try and say he is scum. And the first argument of one of his quotes being something a smart scum would say to look town is just as likely as something a smart town would say to look town.

My case on zeddicus goes not on quotes of his posts which are easy to take out of context warp and be manipulated but on his behaviour all game, the bandwagons he was on (almost all of them) the speed which he changed his votes, his biggest contribution being while the moz wagon was happening.

Now as for you Akonas
Akonas wrote:It was mainly just "If a roar gets someone to be more active in the game then I will roar, I might also meow and sometimes purr", which seems to me to suggest that you're trying to suck up... I'm not sure exactly. Just with the whole Talitha thing you're kind of going back and saying "no, I wasn't that mean" in response to QF's complaining about it.
An attempt at humor (with the animal noises) yet agian not that obvious to some.
In post 410 page 17 I said sorry for being harsh to Talitha. In post 417 same page I told QF she was right about me being harsh and explained my reason for this as me being worried about her "beeing able to comit enough time to play a game".
As far as I can see from my post I never claimed I was not that mean, what I was was surprised by QFs reaction to it and what I did respond to was QFs allegations that I was calling talitha scum and building a case against her.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Crub »

EmpTyger replaces zeddicus immediately
Moo?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Hello, world. About to start reading thread.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Welcome EmpTyger.
Ok now I'm not sure how to deal with this replacement situation but I can only sensibly say that EmpTyger is not responsible for zeddicus actions and can hardly provide reasons for him doing what he did. Now I still have to hold zeddicus actions as scummy but will not use that a sole reason for being suspicious of Emp. Given if Emp becomes suspicous then the wieght of zedds actions will also be taken into consideration.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Okay, I’ve read the thread. There’s a lot of good stuff in here, and I’m going to need to go through again before I reform all my thoughts and notes into something postable. However, in the interest of getting things moving before then:

PP: I don’t think I caught a single suspicious thing from her.

Akonas: So far, so good.

Talitha: If she’s mafia, her partners are going to drag her down. Solid play, but must recheck after mafia are found.

QF: Has been pretty hard to shake the impression of the first 4 pages, but she’s done well sense then.

windkirby: Protown D1, but some of the overdefensiveness towards others D2 gives me a slight pause.

Cephrir. Yvonne nailed you good in [135], hm?

vikingfan: Not a lot on first read, but an uneasy feeling. Can easily see you a lots of people’s partners.

VoD: I do not buy the “didn’t realize it was hammer” defense. (Note: I don’t disagree with the town lynching mozs when they did; from about [188] onward he was obvious lynchbait.) I just don’t believe VoD’s explanation that he acted in ignorance. But I’m rereading the post in question, and that’s not his biggest offense:
thevampireofdusseldorf [250] wrote:Mozsuggs I dont feel like reading through all your recent posts just yet, I may go back to look over them for amusment at some stage.
I think your biggest flaw in this game has been the I know im innocent and if I say it enough with enough conviction people might believe me. We have no way what so ever to know your innocent on day one but we can judge this on how you play, your actions, votes, accusations, what you say in your posts etc.
<snip>
This sounds like he knew mozs was going to turn up town.

darkdude: I’d probably vote him now if I were ready for the day to end. Just- so many big things, so many little things. I’m not getting a “newbie town” vibe from him- in fact, I’m getting neither. The inexperience feels like an exaggerated act, and the play just doesn’t seem protown. But, no vote yet- I don’t have time right now to catalogue my suspicions of him, and I want to get out more observations of everyone before the day ends. And besides I’m not sure that VoD isn’t a better one to vote, anyway.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

No. But anyway, do you think I'm scum because of this? I can't quite tell because you phrase it like you're sure I am and then go on to say you want to vote darkdude, and you didn't say anything else about me. So... what's up ith that?
I can see what you mean here, but it sounded to me like he was speaking hypothetically. If you don't buy his explanation of the hammer, I'd think that would be a bigger strike than this.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir wrote:
Pink Puppy wrote:
Cephrir wrote:zeddicus- Isolating his posts has made me realize that I've been seriously overlooking zeddicus. I think he just... faded into the background for me, somehow. He's actually pretty light on content, and has a tendency to just show up and quote a bunch of things, agree with or critisize them, then drop off the face of the earth again. It sort of allowed him to get away with little content IMO. His only real input was critisism of mozsuggs, which was the popular thing to do at the time (don't take me wrong, I'm not critisizing that wagon, he just seems to go along with others often is what I mean) Followed PP on VoD a bit today (but not with a vote), but so did some others. Definitely rising on the scum-o-meter.
... [snip]...
vote zeddicus
Cephrir... did you not read my post saying that Zeddicus is absent from another game I am in (Roach Mini if you want to check)? Most of your argument falls apart if you consider that zeddicus hasn't been around to post more content and will need replacement.
I absolutely did read that, and I definitely don't agree that my argument falls apart based on that. I reviewed his posts in isolation. I didn't consider dates really, and my entire case was based on what he actually had posted.
While he was around
, he was low on content, and even on Day 1 when he was here I totally overlooked him. Look at the way he posts. All he does is quote something, type a line, move on. He wasn't playing proactively, just responding to what others said. The vote on moz is the only post where he didn't do that outside of the random voting stage.
I still don't see your arguments. I viewed his posts in isolation too to try to see it your way. I do agree that his posting style is very different that some players in this game. He did quote stuff, post a line of his feelings on it, then move on. I don't think that's bad though. Concise? Yes. Scummy? I dunno. Maybe you can explain this further if you still disagree.

And the "not proactive" argument. In certain cases, I agree that somebody who acts ONLY reactively, and does not contribute original content ideas, or lead any voting, IS scummy. But I don't think that is what zeddicus did.

The argument that someone is "reactive" and therefore must be scum, does not fly with me -- it must be combined with other factors for me to care. The whole game is reacting to what people say.

I will go so far as to say people who use "he's overdefensive" or "he's reactive" as a argument, are probably scum. This is because it is such a gray area -- where does defending yourself become overdefensive? Where does reacting to other people's scummy actions become reactive? And it is much to easy for scum to accuse someone of this, and when they try to defend themselves, the scum can say "see? You're being reactive again! You're soo overdefensive!"

Cephrir, you have used both "overdefensive" (regarding windkirby) and "reactive" as arguments in this game. Do you still think they are viable arguments?

Maybe it's just that me and Cephrir think differently. But his type of arguments seem like scum arguments to me. In all fairness, I have seen many people trying to use the "defensive ZOMG!" argument. But I just think it's total crap every time.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Oh and I am going to be VLA for Friday and Saturday... back on Sunday.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

PP wrote:I still don't see your arguments. I viewed his posts in isolation too to try to see it your way. I do agree that his posting style is very different that some players in this game. He did quote stuff, post a line of his feelings on it, then move on. I don't think that's bad though. Concise? Yes. Scummy? I dunno. Maybe you can explain this further if you still disagree.
But concise is not helpful if he's not really saying or contributing anything.
And the "not proactive" argument. In certain cases, I agree that somebody who acts ONLY reactively, and does not contribute original content ideas, or lead any voting, IS scummy. But I don't think that is what zeddicus did.
Well, it is what zeddicus did. He didn't really say much, he just used others' reasons, and didn't lead anything. Go ahead, find me a place where zeddicus "led voting". It doesn't exist.
The argument that someone is "reactive" and therefore must be scum, does not fly with me -- it must be combined with other factors for me to care. The whole game is reacting to what people say.
It's not that he was reactive, but he was
not proactive
-- you can be reactive
and
proactive, which is what you need to be in order to accomplish anything in this game. And if you don't think it's enough of a scumtell for you to care, good for you. I disagree. If you never really add anything to the game... it's just so easy for scum to slip under everyone's radar like that, and I feel like that's exactly what he did.

That said, I am going to back off on EmpTyger for a while. I overreacted a bit to my discovery that zeddicus wasn't contributing enough and put him higher than he should have been on my scumlist, I guess I was just excited about having found something. I also want to give him a chance to prove himself, being a replacement, and his first post is a step in the right direction. If he's acting scummy later, I'll be extra suspicious because of zeddicus' actions, but for now I'll give him a mostly clean slate. He's now below Akonas and darkdude.
Unvote
PP wrote: will go so far as to say people who use "he's overdefensive" or "he's reactive" as a argument, are probably scum. This is because it is such a gray area -- where does defending yourself become overdefensive? Where does reacting to other people's scummy actions become reactive? And it is much to easy for scum to accuse someone of this, and when they try to defend themselves, the scum can say "see? You're being reactive again! You're soo overdefensive!"

Cephrir, you have used both "overdefensive" (regarding windkirby) and "reactive" as arguments in this game. Do you still think they are viable arguments?
I have to address the two parts of this argument seperately. You keep using the word reactive, but that's not the problem. The problem was "not proactive", and there is a significant difference. And when someone responds to a case against them, that's when reactive is good. You're saying this argument is one scum would make based on things you think scum could do with said arguments but that I haven't done. Putting words in my mouth again.

Your argument actually does apply to overdefensiveness, though. I've realized in the interim that overdefensiveness is a sucky scumtell, and no, I don't think that argument holds any water anymore. You'll notice from my list I'm no longer suspicious of wk, and I haven't been for a while; that's why.
Bartleby the Scrivener
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 am

Post by darkdude »

Wasn't that directed at me?

It's good that we finally have a replacement!
It's not that he was reactive, but he was not proactive-- you can be reactive and proactive, which is what you need to be in order to accomplish anything in this game. And if you don't think it's enough of a scumtell for you to care, good for you. I disagree. If you never really add anything to the game... it's just so easy for scum to slip under everyone's radar like that, and I feel like that's exactly what he did.
I don't think you need to be super aggressive and do really long posts. Picking up inconsistencies and questioning people is good enough, especially if that is one's regular play style. Or perhaps he just didn't find anything worthy to comment on.

Or if he was a pro-town power role this may have been done on purpose.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm

In response to Tyger read post 294.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I’m anachronologically focusing on D2 here, which I have reread. I’ll go back into D1 later, but this is more currently relevant, I feel.

Cephrir:
Cephrir [488] wrote:
No. But anyway, do you think I'm scum because of this? I can't quite tell because you phrase it like you're sure I am and then go on to say you want to vote darkdude, and you didn't say anything else about me. So... what's up ith that?
Well, I do think it’s a suspicious strike against you ipso facto, although not conclusively. What I’m more concerned about is how it didn’t get picked up by anyone else. That’s the type of accusation that early D1, with a daystart, should have been picked up by *someone*. And, temporarily assuming that you’re innocent- I just don’t see the mafia letting that go by.
I mean, we could just have a very inexperienced mafia, too. But to me, it’s one of the most hm-worthy things that’s happened. Did not want it to get lost.
Cephrir [cont] wrote:
I can see what you mean here, but it sounded to me like he was speaking hypothetically. If you don't buy his explanation of the hammer, I'd think that would be a bigger strike than this.
They’re not mutually exclusive rationales. I mean, lying + having extra information fits mafia to a tee. For that matter, lying + having extra information + lynching a townsperson.
Cephrir [239] wrote:The darkdude thing is Wifom. So is the fact that he brought it up. I propose that we ignore it for the time being.
<snip>
I was surprised you thought this worth ignoring. See below to darkdude.

darkdude:.
So, here’s the thing. At the start of D2 there were plenty of suspects. I don’t see how you could figure out that “The scum did a good job on framing me” and yet at the same time be stumped with “No one but myself seem the most suspicious at the moment “ It just doesn’t seem to add up with the newbie you’re claiming. Like, consider what you say when QF questioned you:
darkdude [262] wrote:
but I have a weird feeling about him introducing that.
I know...I concluded it was best for me to take initiative anyways. Otherwise I'll definitely seem like scum.
So when day began, instead of trying to find mafia, you were instead seeing (a) if the nightkill could be traced to you and (b) what you could do to deflect it. That’s not protown behavior. That’s what mafia- particularly since they would be considering such reactions when choosing their nightkill- would do.

And when you do turn your attention to VoD, it’s only *after* the town’s pretty much backed off. Why did you find VoD suspicious?

Also,
darkdude [492] wrote:
Wasn't that directed at me?
No, I intended it to Cephrir. But you can reply if you’d like.

vikingfan:
VoD questioned you on this, and I don’t think you ever cleared it up.
thevampireofdusseldorf [266] wrote:<snip>
vikingfan wrote:After seeing mozsuggs' alignment, I'm not sure about darkdude, especially since it seems that he may be framed by the mafia. It seems like, to me, the mafia were almost entirely sitting back and letting mozsuggs commit suicide (which is basically what he did).
Given that of those left not on the moz vote are only three: Pink Puppy, darkdude, Talitha, and you say you are not sure of darkdude do you have any good reason to be suspicious of PP or Talitha?
Be specific. *Who* were you theorizing might be mafia? Give me names. Give me a couple possibilities. It’s okay if you’re not certain, or if you since changed your mind- but I would like to know what were you thinking when you suggested this.

I’d also like to hear a response to [480].

windkirby:
windkirby [222] wrote:
vote: mozsuggs
(Yay! I spelled his name right.)

The my-feeling-like-giving-one/the-need-for-one ratio is pretty sorry explanation-wise, but if anyone excluding mozsuggs has an objection to this vote, I'm happy to explain why I made it.
Did you ever give an explanation to this? If not, I will very belatedly raise an objection for the purpose of your replying.

VoD:
Meh. Maybe it’s a matter of timing- I’m reading it without 20 days to rationalize. But I’ll concede that, after reread, darkdude’s defense is much worse and much less plausible.

Still not voting on principle, because I’m not ready to end day without rereading/making D1 comments. But, darkdude is solidly in front.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@PinkPuppy:
PinkPuppy wrote:Cephrir... did you not read my post saying that Zeddicus is absent from another game I am in (Roach Mini if you want to check)? Most of your argument falls apart if you consider that zeddicus hasn't been around to post more content and will need replacement.
Thin on content before he was absent and he didn't notice it then, I think he meant. We'll see with his replacement.

@Cephrir: I think what Akonas is saying about the hammer was that he didn't want to just dismiss it when there could be some validity to its scumminess. I thought that it was not a sufficient reason to vote someone but it should not be ignored and could be further evidence if he/she/it evinces scummy behavior later. With that, I think we had generally similar beliefs and different ways about it. On the other hand, though, he could be saying this now to be conciliatory and have it both ways, which is kind of eh, because in the beginning, he didn't exactly frame it that way (not the connotative meaning I gleaned from it).

@vikingfan:
vikingfan wrote:
Talitha wrote:
vikingfan wrote: this smells WAY too much like backtracking and trying to get the pressure off. unvote vote mozsuggs You're trying to get us to believe that you're just a lazy town player, but it's just as possible that you could be a lazy SCUM player. I agree with Akonas...tell us who you find suspicious. There's 8 pages of material here, more than enough to find something useful.
It's just a small thing but I feel like the vote for mozsuggs was slipped in at the end of a sentence because he didn't really mean it. Just a gut thing there.
False. Would it have been better if I'd put it in at the end of the entire paragraph? I wasn't aware that where one put a vote in a paragraph was scummy...(sarcasm)
I think it's more that it's essentially embedded in the middle so it can slip by. Plus, more tone Talitha's picking up on. I can see where she's coming from, but it's not necessarily true. I mean, it could very likely just be your train of thought. At the end of a paragraph, votes are more distinct because that's the last thing someone reads - they'll remember it.

@darkdude: If you're going to call someone's logic inconsistent you should probably explain further. Otherwise, you likely have no visible logic. Why does Talitha's logic appear inconsistent to you?

@Akonas: Is "QFT" an abbreviation for something or is it addressing me? Because where you posted it, I could see how it would have to do with the way I played in my newbie game so maybe you were referencing it to me, but it otherwise seemed completely out of place. Please clarify.

@EmpTyger: Hello and welcome. Now off from nicery and on to the fun stuff...
EmpTyger wrote: This sounds like he knew mozs was going to turn up town.
I don't see where you're getting that; please explain.

Also, rereading my first four pages - yeah, that was painful. I think I really wanted everyone to know that I was in a mafia game with my boyfriend because I thought it was the funniest thing ever (and I was pretty irritating). Also, I say "gleaned" a lot.

About Cephrir's whole 3 scum thing: I noticed it, but there are typically three scum in this size of a game, so it seems like an assumption one would hold true and state as fact.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 am

Post by vikingfan »

Akonas: it's not the fact that you didn't like me, it's the fact that you felt the need to buddy up to Talitha in the process. So it's not OMGUS.

in response to Talitha, post 478: first off, townies don't want to be lynched any more than scum do. Therefore, it's in town's interest to not attract town attention for a lynch...to do so simply gets the scum one lynch closer to elimination. Playing like moz did did not help town at all. So I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm not seeing the inconsistency. My phrasing of 'how on earth' implies, at least to my mind, that I'm thinking he made a slipup in how many scum there were. I'm not seeing how I should have asked the question better; just how do you know?

Akonas 480: the solution is easy, at least to my mind. Zeddicus had just been saying that we needed to lynch him now. I didn't want that, but did want to pressure him to get more information.

Emptyger: thought I had. At the time of that post, I wasn't seeing a lot from Talitha due to low content (which has since been corrected), thus I wasn't seeing her as being necessarily scummy or town since I didn't have enough information. PP is someone that falls in the middle right now...I'm not sure where she stands. As for who I'm theorizing to be mafia, see my list...I still like darkdude the most right now to be mafia.

QF: yeah, it's my train of thought. I think it's harder for votes to slip by since they have to be bolded and will thus jump off the screen at the reader. Who is your boyfriend in this game? QFT is quoted for truth.

And as a final question: does anyone know how to quote multiple posts in a single reply?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:41 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, and V/LA tomorrow until late Sunday night.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

EmpTyger wrote:Well, I do think it’s a suspicious strike against you ipso facto, although not conclusively. What I’m more concerned about is how it didn’t get picked up by anyone else. That’s the type of accusation that early D1, with a daystart, should have been picked up by *someone*. And, temporarily assuming that you’re innocent- I just don’t see the mafia letting that go by.
I mean, we could just have a very inexperienced mafia, too. But to me, it’s one of the most hm-worthy things that’s happened. Did not want it to get lost.
Okay, that's fine. Couldn't tell what you meant is all. And I would assume the mafia didn't bother because it's a bit weak as a sole means of determining someone is scum, and besides, they knew I was telling the truth. I was surprised no one else commented, as well.
EmpTyger wrote: was surprised you thought this worth ignoring. See below to darkdude.
Well, I
did
say "for the time being". I totally forgot about it later though because I'd dismissed it entirely in my mind, and I suppose it is another point against darkdude, now that he's been acting like he has been. Wasn't really suspicious of him at the time.
QF wrote:@Cephrir: I think what Akonas is saying about the hammer was that he didn't want to just dismiss it when there could be some validity to its scumminess.
Meh. I'm sick of arguing about that hammer. Like I said, if he's acting suspicious later then it'll be a factor for me, but not until then.
vikingfan wrote:And as a final question: does anyone know how to quote multiple posts in a single reply?
Playername wrote:Words[/quote ] ?
Bartleby the Scrivener
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:45 am

Post by windkirby »

emptyger wrote:Did you ever give an explanation to this? If not, I will very belatedly raise an objection for the purpose of your replying.
I never explained too much. I can't remember one-hundred percent what was going through my mind, but I believe my train of thought was: "This guy is such a newb! Therefore, if I add my vote on, and if he's scum, he'll probably collapse and admit to it! Otherwise, I'll take my vote off in a bit." However, WHAM! Before I got the chance to, VoD laid on the hammer. That was why my vote was on mogsuggz: to pressure him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”