Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Primate »

*sigh*

Fonz, why did you do that? It was blatantly my best play to kill you, and if you had revealed you lost your protection, there's no way I would have done that.

And I feel completely vindicated in that I was right about Mgm not investigating me.

Oh well, town played well, only losing it a bit at the end.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

The Fonz wrote:. This is why games need vanilla townie
s
Emphasis mine. :lol:

But seriously, pretty much every town role was confirmable.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Primate »

Fwiw, I probably would have gone for a draw with you, but not without being in a situation where I had the drop on you.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am

Post by ooba »

Primate wrote:And if I lose the game based on a smart ass comment Mgm made in the early game, then I won't be happy.
The quote wasn't the reason i voted for you .. The claim , the buddying up the previous page with me , the fishing attempt at the top of the very page "stoof took away your kill eh?" . Plus Jordan's earlier buddying up with Erg0 . Couldn't find much connections in your posts however .

I just quoted that because i thought it was very apt at that point ..

PS : fonzie - i knew you were scum - just had you on the wrong team :P
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Primate »

With this many scumkills, and the inability to crosskill, scum can retain parity with the town though.

I think the lack of crosskill rule made it pretty much guaranteed the game would end in a prisoners dilemma, and I'd be interested to know why stoof thought that was a good idea.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Primate »

Also, though, I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and it's probably the only game ever where I've been playing as scum and haven't absolutely hated it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 am

Post by cicero »

Sorry about the rule violation, all. It didnt affect the ultimate outcome. Just added a little flavor.

It was obvious that Stephen Maturin was the proper pirate protector role. The proper scum move - which no one did, was to claim it first. Or to claim exactly the same name as Lawrencelot did and me more emphatic.

I screwed that up first. Fonz and I spent a lot of time coming up with plausible safe claims and Fonz suggested Peter Pan for Pirate Protector. I thought that safe claim was brilliant. What happened though was that I was multitasking and impetuously responded quickly to Lawrencelot's claim when I saw an obscure name that I didnt recognise "Stephen Maturin" and assumed he had done what Fonz and I had done - go looking for things that fit but that were unlikely to be counterclaimed.

AFTER I had posted, I looked up Stephen Maturin and started to hit myself on the head, because I had forgotten about that character from Master and Commander, who is Jack Aubrey's physician and right hand man. It was clearly the real character.

Then CES took me to pieces pointing out something that hadnt occurred to me. That Peter Pan is... kinda gay.

So Fonz and I talked and we figured out that if everyone kept pretending to be town, town would win. This irked us since none of the four remaining scum had had a vote on them all game. So we decided to come on and propose the only way scum could win - cooperation to kill the town and then force a happily ever after. But even this was unlikely to work because of the prisoners dilemma. But whatever, we preferred a ninja win to a town win, all things considered since we were scum too and because no one had ever voted for either Ninja. And heck, Ooba had already been lynched.

But by the time I came online, you four had already voted No Lynch. By then I thought the outcome was pre-ordained and nothing could change it. Hence my bah post.

Really not 100% sorry I did it though because it made the ending a teensy bit more fun and interesting for everyone. But am still sorry for anything that irks Mister Stoofer, because he makes awesome games and I love his mod style.

So I apologise to you, Stoof, and big <3 <3 <3. I did forget there were no bah posts but irrespective of that I shouldn't have commented on the game and called the ninjas idiots. Especially since neither of us like people being that rude in games. So consider me pretty contrite on those grounds. 95% Sorry :)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'd developed the plan to actually target you the night after we first targetted CES, to prove that we knew who the ninjas were, and that you couldn't win by continuing with the no-lynch and nightkill formula. Then I was going to suggest we lynch Ooba together, target each other at night, then lynch Lawrence the last day. That would still leave me at risk of being screwed by you, but hell, that was still preferable to a town win.

Unfortunately, I didn't get on at all that night to tell Cicero this, so he submitted the CES kill quickly and the game went to day again before I knew about it.

Once I had my immunity stripped, I figured that if you were going to screw me, you'd do it immediately, so I presented you a simple offer: trust me, and win together, or go behind my back and remove your own chance of winning. (I figured that if you were going to stab me in the back, you'd do it immediately).
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Primate »

I did trust you. Didn't trust you enough to let you go running around with protection from my kills, especially when there was absolutely no downside to attempting to kill you and you wouldn't know if I did or not regardless.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 am

Post by cicero »

Yeah. This game rocked. I have to say I loved every minute of it. It was fast paced and more fun than any other game I've played on the site. It wasnt the most challenging mentally, I was kinda able to surf through compared to a lot of other games I've played. But in terms of sheer twist and turns fun... this one takes the absolute cake. Thanks Stoofer.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Thok »

I'd argue that K-Scope was the only scum who claimed well, even given the claim situation. For example, I would have been against the Erg0 wagon until he claimed at which point I'd have considered his role claim a scum claim.

I feel no remorse for getting Guardian run up: that probably did as much to help town win the game as any other townie's action. In fact, I seriously considered claiming Day 1 to finish off the Guardian lynch. Of course, I got investigated and shot for that.

People need to listen to me more when I'm town. I usually know what I'm talking about. (OK, I messed up a bunch of stuff too, but there was a lot of scum in this game.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 am

Post by ooba »

Well played guys ..

I really thought town had lost it when the mislynch of UA took place. It was your game to win with a Happily ever after !!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Thok wrote:(OK, I messed up a bunch of stuff too, but there was a lot of scum in this game.)
You probably also shouldn't have quoted that doc tell Xtoxm dropped.

Stoofs, I think the game could've used more mislynchables. It was fairly impossible for the town to have a bad lynching record in this game.

It was a great game overall.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 am

Post by ooba »

My thoughts on the game :

Well i was a replacement into this - i had started reading the game and it was a very interesting read . I pm'ed Stoofer a could of times wanting to replace in. I struck gold the third time when he did have a vacancy for Rosso.
The game was pretty fast paced from day 2 till the very end. With so many power roles dying , i thought scum might have had role cops at one point but guess everyone was a power role.
Guardian's lynch and his outing of Erg0 was similar to me since i had just come out of a Mafia/Werewolves game with cross kill immunity and seen the same behavior.
The rest of the game went by in a flash ...

Setup : I think a SK instead of a vig would have made the setup a bit different. (not sure if it would have been for the better though).
And i think you should have made the scum groups a bit more different i.e maybe removed a goblin finder for the town and had it as a 2 member scum group. A bit of differentiation

Overall , a very enjoyable game - Happy i could play in it .. Well modded !! And well played folks - wouldn't have been the same without you !!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Thok »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Thok wrote:(OK, I messed up a bunch of stuff too, but there was a lot of scum in this game.)
You probably also shouldn't have quoted that doc tell Xtoxm dropped.
Irrelevant, since MBL decided that light-sabering docs and being oblivious was good behavior for a vig.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:51 am

Post by ooba »

I couldn't understand Mgm's play in this game after seeing his night choices ..

UA , btw , why didn't you claim your millerness before i.e way back on Day 1?

MBL's final vigging of Iammars was very bad ..
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:00 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Cus I didnt know until Day 4 or something that the play for Millers is to claim Day 1
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Primate wrote:*sigh*

Fonz, why did you do that? It was blatantly my best play to kill you, and if you had revealed you lost your protection, there's no way I would have done that.
Don't be silly. You wouldn't have believed me for a second. You'd have concluded, correctly, that if I were lying about that, I could kill you whilst you killed town, and ensure the win. You'd still have killed me, and the same thing would have happened.

If you really thought stoof had taken my kill from that night, why didn't you do as I asked? I couldn't have harmed you.

So I did the only thing available to me. Made a promise I couldn't possibly break to not NK at all that night (because if I said I'd NK town, you'd just kill me and win alone) and offer you the possibility of a joint win if you killed town that night. I figured you'd either take the deal, in which case we'd win together, or kill me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:07 am

Post by cicero »

I dont think Stoofer revealed to Fonz that he had lost the protection. Did he?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:08 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes, he did.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:09 am

Post by cicero »

Ah. You probably should have made that clear to Primate then.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Cus I didnt know until Day 4 or something that the play for Millers is to claim Day 1
It isn't.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Gorrad »

Stoofer, you outdid yourself on this game. GJ by everyone, such a close game! Hasdgfas, I'm sorry I got you killed. First time as Mason : P.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

huh?

I don't get it. How does 4 docs make no kills and two kills? That makes no sence...Well at least they stop all the pirate kills another way...

Ok enough jokes. I read game and thought it was cool. Wish my RL schedule would have been kind enough to give me time for the game. I like how Von Hellsing was naive and Macarthur was paranoid like. Makes sence with those characters. Had I been around at the end there and was scum with any group I would have made this claim for a good laugh and because if it actually worked via fucking with enough people's brains it would have been cool.
<<Gerald Ford

Vote: ooba

I was a president and my role here is govenor. Depite never really being being elected I can pardon one player from a lynch. BUT Because I was never elected (got the office because of the Nixon situation) I can't pardon myself. Either ooba is scum lying or he still has an extra get away from lynch.
Well that's all. Level of killing made this game look interesting and 'educational'. Yet watching ninjas and pirates fight probably shouldn't be educational.

I just couldn't let a cool game about ninjas and pirates go by without saying something. later
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I pmed stoof and was going to replace in if the game last long enough...
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”