Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by muffinhead »

SD_Reaper wrote:I think muffinhead has stumbled upon something that i have found suspicious as well. I have had somewhat and eye on Rishi because of what i have seen as a fairly big scum tell also.
Rishi Wrote
unvote

Snailman8 is two votes away from being lynched, which is a bit early.
So, muffinhead, why the third vote on Snail?
Xdaamno was able to point out that it is obviously a good move to trade two mafia for one townie. Showing how Rishi's unvote is completely illogical and scummy.

Then finally for Spz to stick up for him it definately opens up the possibility that he knows something that we don't like muffinhead said. I believe that Spz definately made a noob scum tell by sticking up for him.
It is very likely that Spz and Rishi could be the two scum.
vote: Rishi

cuz i believe that since Spz made a, what i believe a noob tell, he will make more.
Ok lets look at this post, which he has made due to this.
Would everyone here agree that if spz is scum then rishi is as well and vice versa? I reckon lets all keep an eye out.
I was trying to look convincive here but the point of it was to get other oponions and to keep an eye out, however the very next post he wants to vote rishi off which to me looks suspicious as well.

This is the way i c it, sd had a vote earlier on him from me whch put the pressure on him. I wouldnt be suprised if he is agrreeng with me just the get on my good side.

So i beg the question,
y the vote straight away?
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

this first day is taking a while, i think, (dunno how long they are supposed to last, my first game lol).

So im just trying to spur conversation with bold claims, and possibly speed up the game.

Btw, muffinhead, its not your good side im tryin to get on. Give yourself credit, you made a convincing point.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

did you take off you avatar?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by ting =) »

Xdaamno wrote:
ting =) wrote:Do you think it's the kind of reach made by scum to get someone attacked, or a discussion sparking nitpick kind of reach?
You're one that pointed it out in the first place (if I'm not mistaken); what do you think?
I really don't like Muffin's 62 and SD's 63. Or their following posts.

I'm leaning scummy. That, or really bad play. It's just so blatantly scummy I'm not sure where to lean.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by ting =) »

Oh, and expect the game to last a couple of weeks.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
ting =) wrote:Do you think it's the kind of reach made by scum to get someone attacked, or a discussion sparking nitpick kind of reach?
You're one that pointed it out in the first place (if I'm not mistaken); what do you think?
I really don't like Muffin's 62 and SD's 63. Or their following posts.

I'm leaning scummy. That, or really bad play. It's just so blatantly scummy I'm not sure where to lean.
I dont understand how my post is scummy i really dont and now u have left without an explination. I am searching for scum clues and u call it bad play? U have alot of explaning to do.
So im just trying to spur conversation with bold claims, and possibly speed up the game.
Votes wouldnt speed up the game, its the amount of posts made and the amount off posts that give use an idea to whos scum. A quick game and a game with not as many posts is a big difference. The aim isnt to get into day 2 as quick as possible but to post as much as possible giving us the best chance to find out who is scum.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

muffinhead wrote:
SD_Reaper wrote:I think muffinhead has stumbled upon something that i have found suspicious as well. I have had somewhat and eye on Rishi because of what i have seen as a fairly big scum tell also.
Rishi Wrote
unvote

Xdaamno was able to point out that it is obviously a good move to trade two mafia for one townie. Showing how Rishi's unvote is completely illogical and scummy.

Then finally for Spz to stick up for him it definately opens up the possibility that he knows something that we don't like muffinhead said. I believe that Spz definately made a noob scum tell by sticking up for him.

cuz i believe that since Spz made a, what i believe a noob tell, he will make more.
Would everyone here agree that if spz is scum then rishi is as well and vice versa? I reckon lets all keep an eye out.
I was trying to look convincive here but the point of it was to get other oponions and to keep an eye out, however the very next post he wants to vote rishi off which to me looks suspicious as well.

This is the way i c it, sd had a vote earlier on him from me whch put the pressure on him. I wouldnt be suprised if he is agrreeng with me just the get on my good side.

So i beg the question,
Here is the difference I see. He thinks Rishi and Spz could be a scum team. You are saying asking if people would agree with it and saying you would keep an eye on it. I find your statement more leading with nothing said at all on why you felt they were scum without pigbacking on SD. As I say you are getting this from one comment? You both look scummie, but your post is fishing for others POV's without really giving much up yourself.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Quote:

Votes wouldnt speed up the game, its the amount of posts made and the amount off posts that give use an idea to whos scum. A quick game and a game with not as many posts is a big difference. The aim isnt to get into day 2 as quick as possible but to post as much as possible giving us the best chance to find out who is scum.
I misread what u wrote, my apologies.

U know u couldve spured up some conversation without voting, just an fos would do. Or u couldve asked even more questions instead of immdiatly voting. I smell a rat.
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by muffinhead »

farside22 wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
Rishi Wrote
unvote

So i beg the question,
Here is the difference I see. He thinks Rishi and Spz could be a scum team. You are saying asking if people would agree with it and saying you would keep an eye on it. I find your statement more leading with nothing said at all on why you felt they were scum without pigbacking on SD. As I say you are getting this from one comment? You both look scummie, but your post is fishing for others POV's without really giving much up yourself.
plz explain pigbacking and POV cause the sentence doesnt make sense to me, therefore i cannot respond, ty
Show

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Rishi »

muffinhead wrote: Remeber i am sill waiting for a response from spz and the longer it takes the more sus i will become of it. ill post back in a minute.
Here's what I don't like about this statement. There could be a lot of reasons why spz hasn't posted, most of which have nothing to do with the game. He could be busy or he could have found out the game isn't as much fun as he thought it'd be, or he might have simply forgotten. Until we know that, it's really easy to pick on him, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I can't tell if muffinhead is an overly aggressive townie or if he is simply newbie scum. He is playing really badly, as someone pointed out. If we agree that muffinhead is a bad player, there are two schools of thought on this. One school says we try and see through the bad play and determine his alignment. Another school says that we just lynch him anyway, since, even if he's a townie, he'll be a liability to the town later in the game.

I think, since this is a newbie game, we should try to figure out muffinhead's alignment. In another game, I would probably advocate just lynching the bad player.

As for the game lasting a couple weeks (I think it was ting who said it), the DAY might last a couple weeks. The game will probably go a month or two, on average.

By the way, ting asked me a while ago what the point of my initial posts were. They were to jump start discussion and get us out of the random stage. I realized I would take some heat from them, but I think we've moved on to a point where we're actually playing the game rather than casting suspicions around willy-nilly. I loathe the random stage and I'll often say something odd or controversial at that point to bring it to an end as quickly as possible.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 am

Post by farside22 »

plz explain pigbacking and POV cause the sentence doesnt make sense to me, therefore i cannot respond, ty
You basically agreed with SD and joined up on his comment rather quickly. POV is point of view.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Rishi
(2):
Xdaamno, SD_Reaper

muffinhead
(2):
farside22, Snailman8

Twiglees
(1):
SpZ

not voting
(4):
muffinhead, Rishi, ting =), Twiglees

Five votes will end the day.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Alrity then here we go.
most of this has been disccusd since I put my vote on, but Ill go over it anyway.

My vote and FoS was based around the apparent sence of certainty that SD and Muffinhead had re the spz/rishi scumpartnership.
SD wrote: I believe that Spz definately made a noob scum tell by sticking up for him.
muffinhead wrote:So rishi is not the only person to have unvoted which is a poor reason not to unvote somebody. Therefore this is made me believe that spz knows something none of us do and/or is trying to hide somthing from us. Finally because he isnt an ic i am assuming that it is a poor attempt to defend his partner in crime from being lynched.

Things like this. IMO there has been nowhere enough conversation to pin together scumpartners yet. And to stand up for somebody can also be merely a townie standing up for another townie who they think has been overdone. If you want proof of that, check out newbie499, I was town and soent alot of my time protecting who was town...

Im still lost with the unvote comment, which unvote were you talking about?
muffinhead wrote:So i beg the question,
I assume this was directed at me?

If it was, my vote was there not only to emphasise my suspicions but like I think Rishi said earlier on, to spark debate and maybe pressure muffin into explaining his actions little further. So far Im happy with the result.

My vote is going to stay where it is
for the time being
for these reasons:
muffinhead wrote: remember i havnt voted yet and will not vote on anyone untill i have a certain decision or explain otherwise
well why didnt you vote? with serious allegations like that, even if it was just a charade, a vote would usually be appropriate. It seems to me like not voting was a bit of a planned fall back just incase things started to go wrong. Especially considering that earlier on you planted a vote on SD for that lasted all of one post. Tht action and your above comment are rather contradictory arnt they?
Rishi wrote:
Muffinhead wrote:Remeber i am sill waiting for a response from spz and the longer it takes the more sus i will become of it. ill post back in a minute.
Here's what I don't like about this statement. There could be a lot of reasons why spz hasn't posted, most of which have nothing to do with the game. He could be busy or he could have found out the game isn't as much fun as he thought it'd be, or he might have simply forgotten. Until we know that, it's really easy to pick on him, but that doesn't mean he's scum.
QFT

If theres anything more that you want answers for, because chances are Ive missed something or not made it as clear as you like, feel free to ask.
ps, muffinhead dont panic, I'm not after your lynch... yet

also
ting =) wrote:Oh, and expect the game to last a couple of weeks.
not always, in my first game, D1 lasted at least a month.
~~Who are you to wave your FoS?~~
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by ting =) »

Hihi, not enough time to write a proper reply to you muffin. I'll do it later. Anyway, I have checked, and my finished newbie games have lasted a month. The day1s lasted about 3 weeks.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Rishi wrote:
muffinhead wrote: Remeber i am sill waiting for a response from spz and the longer it takes the more sus i will become of it. ill post back in a minute.
I know all that and was well aware of those possiblilties,
arrg i didnt want to say this but the point is to get him to respond if he sees the message, it doesnt make him more or less sus but now with all the questions have forced me to say this. Also if he wasnt coming back then wouldnt he ask for a replacement by now?

If we agree that muffinhead is a bad player, there are two schools of thought on this. One school says we try and see through the bad play and determine his alignment. Another school says that we just lynch him anyway, since, even if he's a townie, he'll be a liability to the town later in the game.
Now those r the 2 possiblilities, one is obviously a good idea and the other isnt. My facts maybe incorrect or i might be sus on somthing that isnt, however i might find 1 quote out of all of them which clearly gives us an idea of whose mafiascum. Correct me if im wrong but i have posted more then anyone else here making the most contributions possible. If chatting all the time gets me lynched, then so be it, hopfully evetually people will understand i will post as much as poissble of what i believe is sus whther i am scum or not. It may be bad play, but isnt this what newbe games r meant for?

So i beg the question,
No snailman this wasnt meant for u it was meant for sd but cheers for ur response anyways lol.
well why didnt you vote? with serious allegations like that, even if it was just a charade, a vote would usually be appropriate. It seems to me like not voting was a bit of a planned fall back just incase things started to go wrong. Especially considering that earlier on you planted a vote on SD for that lasted all of one post. Tht action and your above comment are rather contradictory arnt they?
The reason i didnt vote was because this is no longer the rv stage and there isnt enough evidense to support it. After a couple of quick votes i believe i shouldnt make a decision otherwise the same thing would happen. As i said i am only going to vote after i am sure someone else is scum.

I hav to go so i havnt re0read over this s there could be some typos, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

peace out lol
Show

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Rishi »

muffinhead wrote: Correct me if im wrong but i have posted more then anyone else here making the most contributions possible.
Posting the most doesn't mean you're contributing the most.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:
muffinhead wrote: Correct me if im wrong but i have posted more then anyone else here making the most contributions possible.
Posting the most doesn't mean you're contributing the most.
That's a strawman. of course you're right in your point, but posting the most makes it more likely you're contributing the most. And from what I've seen, muffinhead has been giving some decent content; therefore any argument (s)he hasn't been contributing enough is rather obvious void IMO.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by muffinhead »

farside22 wrote:
You basically agreed with SD and joined up on his comment rather quickly. POV is point of view.
If u had a look more carfully u would see that I made the comment and he agreed with me not me agrring with him. I understand how that looks sus and therefore thats y im sus of him.
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Ok now instead of wasting more time proving my innocence i thought i would do my job in finding as many sus clues as possible and cause a new topic of conversation.
farside22 wrote:.
FOS: SD_Reaper
. I only FOS because it could be you may have misunderstood yourself what it really was about, but I've got my eye on you.
Vote: muffinhead

right, this is gonna be short and sharp cos I have places to be that arnt infront of the computer. Which is unfottunate, but it happens...

vote: muffinhead

FoS: SD_Reaper

Its way to early to be making calls like that in posts 62, 63.
This could be just a coencidense however it could mean everything.
Show

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by ting =) »

I don't have much time to post now, but in brief, my reasons for suspecting muffinhead were how convinced he sounded of rishi and spz for such a flimsy reason. If he'd said that it was just to spark discussion, I wouldn't have minded, but he sounded pretty convinced. Sd_reaper I don't quite like because he jumped along with muffin's idea, and he sounded even more convinced of rishi-spz than muffin was.

Seeing as how muffin has been pointing out lots of things on multiple people though, maybe it's just the way he plays, so I'm less bothered now. Sd hasn't chimed in a while though.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:I don't have much time to post now, but in brief, my reasons for suspecting muffinhead were how convinced he sounded of rishi and spz for such a flimsy reason. If he'd said that it was just to spark discussion, I wouldn't have minded, but he sounded pretty convinced. Sd_reaper I don't quite like because he jumped along with muffin's idea, and he sounded even more convinced of rishi-spz than muffin was.

Seeing as how muffin has been pointing out lots of things on multiple people though, maybe it's just the way he plays, so I'm less bothered now. Sd hasn't chimed in a while though.
intresting, yes its currently the only way i know how to play and already i have learnt plenty of things so i will improve once i understand it all. As for that rishi spz thing i felt i had to look convinced to get a response. That obviously not being the case in the end i have realised its most likly hes not coming back which is a shame. Now i have moved on.

Meme I dont know the limits to how long u can be away but can i suggest a replacement for spz or at the very least a warning.

I can c a post saying that being gone a week is not enough to be replaced lol

Question: how can i play the game well and not get comments like this.
He is playing really badly, as someone pointed out.
I know it may be true but it just sucks to get such comments.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Actually a prod is asked first to see if the player responds before he is replaced
MOD: Prod Spz
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Spz seems to have vanished; he's being replaced on another game on the site, too.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Twiglees »

I'm fairly suspicious of muffinhead or SD_Reaper as well. Page 2/3, unless two people are playing the worst game of Mafia ever, is not the place to state that two people are scum together. As my vote would put muffinhead would be L-1 and it is too early for that; I will
FOS: muffinhead
and
Vote: SD_Reaper
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Yah i havent posted in awhile lol. I read all the posts every day, in fact several times a day lol. But besides my previous suspicions, I havent found many significant clues to incriminate other people. Seems like for most of page four. People think its suspicious of mine and muffinheads claims lol. Yes, they are a bit of a stretch. There is not much here lately thats helping me get some good hard evidence lol. So I remain quiet and just observe.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”