Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Oman »

Vote: Matt_S

My conclusions are whilst not being overly "townie" I find him to be unconventional town rather than, as matt_s is, conventional scum.

======================================================
Page 53 Votecount

Xylthixlm - 2 (Matt_S, Patrick)

Oman - 1 (Incognito)
Matt_S- 1 (Oman)

Not voting - 3 (Erg0, Xylthixlm, Jitsu)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline for D3: Tuesday April 22, 11:11AM GMT+10
================================================
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Who do you think is Matt_S's buddy?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Matt_S »

Oman wrote:
Vote: Matt_S

My conclusions are whilst not being overly "townie" I find him to be unconventional town rather than, as matt_s is, conventional scum.
What about me is scummy?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Oman wrote:My conclusions are whilst not being overly "townie" I find him to be unconventional town rather than, as matt_s is, conventional scum.
Why did you vote for Xylthixlm yesterday?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Incognito »

^^^ that was my next question.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Oman »

Because I didn't see his play as townie then because I was looking at it with a narrow scope.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Incognito »

You missed a question or two... or three... or four.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Oman wrote:Because I didn't see his play as townie then because I was looking at it with a narrow scope.
In what way have you now broadened your scope?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm starting to think that the way he plays townie would not be the way I or MS.net plays townie.

Matt_S' buddy. He and Erg0 looked bad yesterday.

Matt_S just makes scummy votes, scummy words. Looks scummy.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Matt_S »

Oman wrote:I'm starting to think that the way he plays townie would not be the way I or MS.net plays townie.

You have such a mountain of evidence against me. Just look at all the examples that you.... oh wait.

What about Erg0 looked bad yesterday? I haven't seen anything from Erg0 that made me think he's anything but town.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oman, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. What are you seeing?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:11 am

Post by vollkan »

Jitsu has been prodded
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Incognito »

Oman wrote:I'm starting to think that the way he plays townie would not be the way I or MS.net plays townie.

In order to believe this, you would also have to believe that both Erg0 and Matt_S decided to bus their own scum buddy (ChaosOmega-scum) during Day 1 at the exact same time. Do you find this to be likely?
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Jitsu »

Sorry guys. I'm checking in. I'll make a longer post later today.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Patrick »

Does anyone other than Xylthixlm have an opinion on Xyl's logic today regarding why he defended Guardian? It seems to me that it makes no sense at all, but most people seem to be just glossing over it so maybe I'm hallucinating. If I'm missing something that actually means what he's said makes sense, someone please tell me what it is. Oman's play continues to be scummy in the same vein today as it always has been; wishy washy attack on two players, stereotypical scum on scum assessment of Xylthixlm, and no real attempts to convince anyone that his cases are correct.

I still love a Xylthixlm/Oman mafia, but will be reading soon to check out what other scumgroups look plausible. I still think there's no Oman/Jitsu because of Oman's tone towards Jitsu early day 1. Whilst an SK is still possible, I get turned off the idea whenever I look at the opening post flavour, even though I suppose mods do occasionally deliberately mislead. My money would still be on no SK though.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Incognito »

It has bothered me also. I haven't bothered to comment on it because it really hasn't wavered my opinion about him
or
Oman.

Basically here's what he said his initial theory was on D1:

Adel is SK.
Guardian2 is mafia.

Guardian2 then claims to be SK who targeted Guardian1 and this claim flattened his initial theory.

This statement:
Xylthixlm wrote:I was pretty well convinced that Adel was an SK, and Guardian^2 mafia. Guardian's SK claim blows that theory out of the water. If Guardian is mafia, claiming SK is an extremely gutsy move; his claim would be flattened if someone else claimed the Guardian^1 kill. I'm inclined to think he's telling the truth.
could be read in two different ways, I believe.

1) If Guardian1 was the mafia kill and if Xylthixlm is mafia, then Xylthixlm would have known that nobody else would have claimed the killing of Guardian1 because that kill was performed by the mafia. Therefore it seems like Xylthixlm may have been using this logic as a last ditch attempt to save a scum buddy.

2) If Guardian1 was an SK/vig kill and Xylthixlm is mafia, then Xylthixlm would have known that the mafia targeted pickemgenius, and he also would have known that his scum buddy Guardian was making an extremely risky move by claiming to kill the person that
wasn't
targeted by the mafia.

The problem with reasoning number 2 though is Adel's cause of death matches Guardian1's cause of death. So if you believe reasoning number 2, then you'd have to believe that the mafia didn't kill last night and that Adel's death was caused by another force.

His additional explanations don't really do much to waver my opinion away from him being scum.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Incognito »

EBWOP: That should read "his initial theory was on
D2
; not D1.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Patrick »

Keep in mind that kill flavour can change even when coming from the same group. Adel linked us to Theoville where she shot, stabbed and butchered various people as a vig. The mafia kill method also changed each night.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Incognito »

And because a triple post is cool, I have an issue that I've been pondering.

We only had one kill last night while on night 1 we had two kills. We've contemplated the possibility of there being an SK, a vig, a one-shot vig, and I think Adel even suggested a Quack Doctor. If one of the kills during Night 1 was performed by a one-shot vig, does anyone think that the one-shot vig should role claim now? My reasoning is the one-shot vig would essentially be a vanilla townie now since he's used up his one shot and it might help us to figure out the set-up and our current situation further if he claimed.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Jitsu »

Patrick wrote:Does anyone other than Xylthixlm have an opinion on Xyl's logic today regarding why he defended Guardian? It seems to me that it makes no sense at all, but most people seem to be just glossing over it so maybe I'm hallucinating. If I'm missing something that actually means what he's said makes sense, someone please tell me what it is.
I will go back and reread, but on my initial read, I wasn't really buying Xyl's logic. I don't really believe Xyl or Oman at this point.

Patrick wrote:Oman's play continues to be scummy in the same vein today as it always has been; wishy washy attack on two players, stereotypical scum on scum assessment of Xylthixlm, and no real attempts to convince anyone that his cases are correct.
Wishy washy? I think that would be a compliment. Perhaps if he worked on it a bit, he could upgrade it to wishy washy. I agree he's done nothing to convince anyone of his cases. It sounds to me like a scum who hasn't put a lot of effort in the game.

Patrick wrote:I still love a Xylthixlm/Oman mafia, but will be reading soon to check out what other scumgroups look plausible. I still think there's no Oman/Jitsu because of Oman's tone towards Jitsu early day 1. Whilst an SK is still possible, I get turned off the idea whenever I look at the opening post flavour, even though I suppose mods do occasionally deliberately mislead. My money would still be on no SK though.
Patrick, what exactly about the opening post flavor suggests to you there is no SK? How do you account for the Pickem kill if there is no SK?

Be I still see an SK as likely. We have a watcher and a tracker dead -- two roles that are designed to look for (scum) night choices. Now, if there is no SK, then the mafia would seem to have some power on their side, since one would presume there is not a tracker and watcher for no reason. A roleblocker is quite likely I think, as Xylthixlm said earlier (one statement of his I actually agree with). There's probably no godfather, since it is unlikely we have a cop. What kind of other roles are there where Mafia target people? Plus, we have that second killer running around. If it's a town role, then the watcher and tracker are just as likely (if not more so) to screw over the town, because that would be at least three pro-town roles that can target others, that could easily be mistaken for scum by the watcher/tracker. I am guessing because of that, that there are few or no town power roles remaining, and that theory tends to fit with the second killer not being a pro-town killing role here. It's also bugging me why there was no second kill last night. If the town has a doctor, even a Quack, that's another possible chance for a watcher/tracker to mistarget suspicion. A Mafia Roleblocker blocking an SK might be a better fit, but I don't want to zero in on that too much since Vollkan has already signaled that we are not dealing with a typical setup here.

A second mafia group could be possible, but something about that doesn't seem to fit. Guardian's play yesterday really seemed to be about drawing out the SK so that s/he could be lynched (or failing that, NKed). Xylthixlm was talking quite a bit about an SK also, and seemed to think it was Adel. And Adel ended up getting NKed. I don't like to draw a lot of conclusions from NK choices, but maybe the shoe does fit here. I would think that if we had two scum groups that we would have been more likely to seen a crosskill, or that the mafia would have guessed at the possibility of a second group given that we would be dealing with two groups of two. I would have expected for the mafia to encourage the town to nail the other mafia instead of fakeclaiming SK. A two person scum group sacrificing one of their number to try to out an SK? I'm not really buying that. I don't know what the scum's motives were, but it really seemed like the scum were looking for an SK yesterday, and the scum probably have a good guess at the setup, what with the watcher and tracker revealed, knowing their own roles, and having more information to figure out who Pickem's mystery killer might be. If there are two scum groups, we probably want to try to nail Guardian's partner.

A one-shot vig does seem possible. A town + watcher + tracker + one-shot vig I think would be reasonably balanced with a 2 mafia goon + 1 roleblocker setup (possibly slightly town-favored in that case). Also, a 1-shot vig is less likely to be fingered by the watcher/tracker.

Also, there's Xylthixlm's post where he flat out stated that we should not be going after a possible SK and should be lynching mafia instead. Again, maybe it's more WIFOM, but leaving an SK alive would seem to be a bad play for the mafia also, because they would seem to be just as likely to get sucked into a Prisoner's Dilemma endgame as the town is. That's one reason why I still think there is a small chance that Xylthixlm could be an SK. I think Oman is probably not an SK. Massive lurking with bad votes and little in the way of scumhunting is not a good recipe to survive, and SKs need to survive to win (this is the same reason I was having trust issues with Guardian on Day 2, since ChaosOmega was not really trying hard to survive either).

Incognito wrote:We only had one kill last night while on night 1 we had two kills. We've contemplated the possibility of there being an SK, a vig, a one-shot vig, and I think Adel even suggested a Quack Doctor. If one of the kills during Night 1 was performed by a one-shot vig, does anyone think that the one-shot vig should role claim now? My reasoning is the one-shot vig would essentially be a vanilla townie now since he's used up his one shot and it might help us to figure out the set-up and our current situation further if he claimed.
Yes, I think a one-shot vig should claim. Honestly, I was even pondering the idea of a mass claim, but I think it's still a bit too early. The information we could learn about the setup could be extremely valuable -- being able to deduce who killed Pickem and why there was no second kill last night could win the game since it seems that we've already fingered two scum in Xyl and Oman. The big disadvantage I see is if there is a Mafia Roleblocker, a mass claim would neuter any town power roles left remaining.

But, for a one-shot vig, there's not much of an issue.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Incognito wrote:1) If Guardian1 was the mafia kill and if Xylthixlm is mafia, then Xylthixlm would have known that nobody else would have claimed the killing of Guardian1 because that kill was performed by the mafia. Therefore it seems like Xylthixlm may have been using this logic as a last ditch attempt to save a scum buddy.

2) If Guardian1 was an SK/vig kill and Xylthixlm is mafia, then Xylthixlm would have known that the mafia targeted pickemgenius, and he also would have known that his scum buddy Guardian was making an extremely risky move by claiming to kill the person that
wasn't
targeted by the mafia.
It was an extremely gutsy move either way, as I've been trying to explain. I have no information about who the mafia actually killed.

My experience is that scum tend to avoid extremely gutsy moves. I didn't put enough weight on the fact that Guardian^2 was the probable lynch for the day, so he wasn't really risking very much.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Incognito wrote:And because a triple post is cool, I have an issue that I've been pondering.

We only had one kill last night while on night 1 we had two kills. We've contemplated the possibility of there being an SK, a vig, a one-shot vig, and I think Adel even suggested a Quack Doctor. If one of the kills during Night 1 was performed by a one-shot vig, does anyone think that the one-shot vig should role claim now? My reasoning is the one-shot vig would essentially be a vanilla townie now since he's used up his one shot and it might help us to figure out the set-up and our current situation further if he claimed.
We're at 7 players, iirc. That's around the point where the benefit of claiming a confirmable role (especially one with no more power) outweighs the risk of outing it to the scum.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Patrick »

Jitsu wrote:Patrick, what exactly about the opening post flavor suggests to you there is no SK? How do you account for the Pickem kill if there is no SK?
Odd question. The front post tells us all about the mafia invading the town, the mafia killing the dashing vollkan, and leaving their sig on his forehead. We're then told to look for the identities of those responsible [for vollkans death]. We're not told to look for anything else. As I said, I suppose it's possible the mod is deliberately misleading us, but that kind of opening surely implies we're just dealing with a mafia. In my experience anyway. The last mini normal I played in (Tapioca Mafia) was similar in that regard. You don't read it that way? As for pickem's death, that could have been caused by mafia, SK or vig couldn't it?

I agree that the mafia probably have some power, maybe a GF and/or roleblocker. The existance of a dead "mafia goon" already implies it (a mafia without abilities usually just has it's members listed as "mafia". I don't think GF is unlikely -- I could easily see there being an unightkillable GF.

Others should weigh in on the idea of a massclaim, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Matt_S »

I can't see a mass claim helping that much, but I don't see it really hurting either at this point.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Incognito »

I agree with Patrick about the opening flavor suggesting only a Mafia versus Town kind of set-up.

I disagree with the idea of having a complete mass claim. I think only if we have a one-shot vig, he should claim. It's possible that we have some sort of protective role on the side of the town that could have been responsible for preventing a death last night. Or we could have a regular vig who targeted an unnightkillable Godfather last night or who was blocked by a Mafia-aligned roleblocker. I don't think possibly outing that protective role or that vig by way of a mass claim is the way to go especially since I feel pretty good about my suspicions.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”