Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I don't think it's the same... If you violate "no day-talking" it's clear how you could be gaining an advantage. "Don't pm the other guy at night more than 3 times" is in the same vein as "type all your pms with only one hand." I don't think breaking such rules would feel like cheating.
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Perfectiondoesnotexist »

I don't know, I just like the idea of the townies getting confused, I also had a fun idea involving giving the cop and doc normal things when everyone else has a themed pm. Basically I love power roles getting lynched because pie7 is a little too town orientated, althou€gh it is proving quite useful for me at the moment.
It is more that I want the town to be disabled slightly, maybe I could make it something stupid, just so that I can truthfully say that they have a restriction...like do not wear pink flowery wellies and a black cocktail dress while pming...although it could be something slightly more fun like his/partner knows who they are, but they don't know until after they have sent in a NK choice...They might kill their own partner.

I was also thinking of a cop/doc that can only place the lynching vote...Sort of like a variation of hammah slammah, but more enforcable as they don't have to. I also make up random roles, when I'm bored,
Byebye
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Perfectiondoesnotexist »

Sadly I am not allowed to moderate until the 14 of April, but hey I am allowed to dream of confusing town, because much as pie7 can be fun as town it isn't very fair, so it is more well I have won, but odds were we would. Where as in mine people will just run around trying to figure out exactly which alterations I have imposed.
Like a doc that knows who the cop is but cannot communicate with them and has to claim doc within 48 hours after the true cop claims. You still have both power roles but the doc is handicapped slightly.
Or a pro-mafia cop..BUT although he knows who the mafia are he can't pm them and they are told that he is a cop, but not that he is mafia aligned, and he can't be NK-ed so they have to try and get a cop lynched that is on their side, while the town may well protect him after he has claimed.
He is told role specific information, like doc, because he already knows alignments.
Byebye
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

A role that thinks it's recruiting masons, but it actually is culting them, even though the role wins with the town.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Mirth »

Perfectiondoesnotexist wrote:Sadly I am not allowed to moderate until the 14 of April, but hey I am allowed to dream of confusing town, because much as pie7 can be fun as town it isn't very fair, so it is more well I have won, but odds were we would.
Do not mock me, damnit! (I wonder...has the open queue been updated at all in the past couple of weeks?)
Like a doc that knows who the cop is but cannot communicate with them and has to claim doc within 48 hours after the true cop claims. You still have both power roles but the doc is handicapped slightly.
Unless the doc's handicapped so as not to be able to protect the cop, or to be a death miller or something, this is broken in a bad way. The doctor's role doesnt suck at all.

And so I don't feel like I'm spamming, and was just in GD:

Congratulations! You are
a Bond girl
. You have to seduce James Bond. Each night, you must send the mod a scenerio of how you intend to seduce him. The mod will pass this scenerio along to the appropriate player. If that he agrees to go to bed with you, you have won regardless of what else happens. Hint: maybe you should check the newspaper for some dating ideas...

Mod Note: Bond girl's target is asexual and/or celebate and/or Catholic clergy (Since they only go for small boys). James Bond does not actually exist in this game. Each day the mod will post fabricated dating ads for 3 random players in the game. If the Bond girl doesn't refer to them, she will be postbanned for the day ^_^ The dating ads will serve the bastard mod purpose of breaking the game by outting roles.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Seol »

You are the
Doctor
. You can save lives by dosing people up with sufficient drugs that even a bullet wound to the skull in their sleep will not kill them. Furthermore you are now sufficiently senior to have earned a 9 to 5 schedule! As such you cannot administer your doctoring during the night, but only the day.

Each day, at any point during the day (but only once per day), you may write a prescription for a given player by stating
Prescribe Lifesaving Medications For: X
in the thread (where X is the name of the player to be targetted that night. Bolding is important - the nightchoice will not apply without this. That player will be immune to nightkills that night.

You are town etc
You are a
Dreamer
, a man of unique insight and perception. Each night you have strange, prophetic visions of things to come - of seven fat cows and seven thin cows, that sort of thing. Perhaps if you concentrate on a specific player, you could glean directed insights.... well, if only you understood the dreams.

Each night you may choose a player, and you will receive a dream vision about them. If there is someone in the town who can understand these dreams, then between you, you could discover all sorts of interesting truths!
Mod note - there
isn't
a dream decoder.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Mirth »

Seol wrote:
You are a
Dreamer
, a man of unique insight and perception. Each night you have strange, prophetic visions of things to come - of seven fat cows and seven thin cows, that sort of thing. Perhaps if you concentrate on a specific player, you could glean directed insights.... well, if only you understood the dreams.

Each night you may choose a player, and you will receive a dream vision about them. If there is someone in the town who can understand these dreams, then between you, you could discover all sorts of interesting truths!
Mod note - there
isn't
a dream decoder.
Better yet, let the dream decoder = Freud, so that everything the cream decoder says is an attempt to psychoanalyze the dreamer and help him resolve his Oedipa confict.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Glork »

Ha. Freudian cream decoder.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Oman »

I'd call that a Freudian slip.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Mirth »

I'd call that I can't type after a night of not sleeping
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Seol »

You are the
Glass Truth Ball
, Sacrificial Townie Truthteller, who shall reveal all on your destruction. At any point during the day, you may PM me with a targetted player to shatter yourself and reveal the truth within.

If you do this on day 1, you shall reveal the alignment of the targetted player (with absolute accuracy regardless of any abilities they have), and daykill them if they are scum.

If you do this on day 2, you shall reveal the alignment and all abilities of the targetted player.

If you do this on day 3, you shall reveal the alignment of the targetted player with the same accuracy as a standard sane cop.

If you do this on day 4, you shall reveal all abilities of the player (other than group-related ability to talk to other players at night or group-related ability to kill), but not their alignment.

If you do this on day 5, you shall reveal their rolename.

On day 6 or later your role has no effect.

Using the ability will instantly kill you.

You are town etc etc blah blah.
For a mini game where rolename and role descriptor are separate. Note that role abilities include appearing town to investigation.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
AShadowedHeart
AShadowedHeart
Townie
AShadowedHeart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 am

Post by AShadowedHeart »

Mirth wrote:
Perfectiondoesnotexist wrote:Sadly I am not allowed to moderate until the 14 of April, but hey I am allowed to dream of confusing town, because much as pie7 can be fun as town it isn't very fair, so it is more well I have won, but odds were we would.
Do not mock me, damnit! (I wonder...has the open queue been updated at all in the past couple of weeks?)
Unless the doc's handicapped so as not to be able to protect the cop, or to be a death miller or something, this is broken in a bad way. The doctor's role doesnt suck at all.

And so I don't feel like I'm spamming, and was just in GD:

Congratulations! You are
a Bond girl
. You have to seduce James Bond. Each night, you must send the mod a scenerio of how you intend to seduce him. The mod will pass this scenerio along to the appropriate player. If that he agrees to go to bed with you, you have won regardless of what else happens. Hint: maybe you should check the newspaper for some dating ideas...

Mod Note: Bond girl's target is asexual and/or celebate and/or Catholic clergy (Since they only go for small boys). James Bond does not actually exist in this game. Each day the mod will post fabricated dating ads for 3 random players in the game. If the Bond girl doesn't refer to them, she will be postbanned for the day ^_^ The dating ads will serve the bastard mod purpose of breaking the game by outting roles.
....What if the doc has to claim cop instead??? Or 1 townie, 1 mafia goon and the doc have to counterclaim??
...Sure you were..........................
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Glork »

Mirth wrote:I'd call that I can't type after a night of not sleeping
Uh huh.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

A game where everyone is a Serial Killer, except for one surviver and one Recruiting Mason.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Adele »

Glork wrote:
Uh huh.
Yes, Glork. Sometimes a cigar is just a penis.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Adele »

EBWOP:
Glork wrote:
Uh huh.
Yes, Glork. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Adele wrote:EBWOP:
Glork wrote:
Uh huh.
Yes, Glork. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Well the story goes that Freud *did* say that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Here is a link to a thread about another bad role.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7894

I laughed at it and thought it should be listed with the other bad roles in this thread.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are a WoW addict. Any cops who target you will find your games and buy them themselves. They will go broke in two days and lose their power, and starve to death a day later.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by windkirby »

You are the
Batch of Fireworks

The first night you launch, soar in to the sky, and explode into a radiant eruption of pretty colors! Then you die Death-Miller style. You win if you can get every player to comment on the fireworks the following morning or if the explosion instigates two people to make love.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Imat »

Woot, I've been referred to here! Anyways, I'll quote here, seeing as how I missed this thread before...
Imat wrote:You are the
Mafia Mason Cultist
. Through some great mix up in the grand scheme of things you have become a part of three separate groups, each vying for dominance. Of course, being a Mason and a Cultist lends you great power. You're basically confirmed from now on. Sit back, relax, and let your buddies, from all three groups, do the work for you.

Win Condition:
You can't win. If you survive to endgame, it becomes a draw.

This comes from a game I'm modding elsewhere, where I made the mistake of putting in a Hypnotist (For fun) and a Mason recruiter with a Mafia Mason already recruited. Yeah, as you can guess hes currently dominating the game. I let him win with the Mafia, though. Anyways, enjoy one of the worst roles I've ever thought up.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are bigfoot. Hence, in their role PMs, all players are told that they die if they refer to you or your posts. You win if three people refer to you.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:26 am

Post by windkirby »

Wouldn't that be Beetlejuice?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You are a
backstabber
. You can daykill someone if in their very last post have specifically said that they trust you. You win with the town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Mafiaplayer wrote:A game where everyone is a Serial Killer, except for one surviver and one Recruiting Mason.
What about a game with 9 SK's, 2 Mafia, 1 Cult that frees recruits upon leader's death. No alignment reveals on death, the 1 SK kill a night is determined by who is targetted by most SK's that night, tie break is total targets all game then coin flip.

Mini 150ish, Murphyville. Check it out.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Mafia Discussion”