Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Glork »

""Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self Esteem Fund for Girls?
It’s true
!"
-GLaDOS

Vote Count:

Flameaxe (Machiavellian-Mafia, Incognito)
Incognito (Gorrad)
scotmany12 (Ether)
Sir Tornado (Your Worst Nightmare)

9 alive, 5 to lynch
Last edited by Glork on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

scotmany12 wrote:I have a question for Gorrad. What does your role really do? You said that you can investigate someone and this tells you if they can kill or not? Correct?
Correct. It has nothing to do with allignment, except that it clear people from the possibility of being Mafia or SK. They could still be Devil, Cult, or any number of antitown. Or they could be Vig and I get that they CAN kill. I've also checked with Glork here, and the ability to kill means kill one's target. So if I investigated a weak doc who might kill himself, I'd get no kill ability as a result.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Incognito »

scotmany12 wrote:What I did do was try to find connections between jester and anyone, and honestly, nothing stood out at all. I do not think there is much to gain from him.
Hm, I wonder why you wanna ignore The Jester's list and contribution. Oh wait, I know why:
The Jester wrote:scotmany12 - Seems okay, asking questions where questions should be. "They were all random and meaningless." (Concerning the votes on himself.)
Unvote; Vote: scotmany12
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Gorrad wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:I have a question for Gorrad. What does your role really do? You said that you can investigate someone and this tells you if they can kill or not? Correct?
Correct. It has nothing to do with allignment, except that it clear people from the possibility of being Mafia or SK. They could still be Devil, Cult, or any number of antitown. Or they could be Vig and I get that they CAN kill. I've also checked with Glork here, and the ability to kill means kill one's target. So if I investigated a weak doc who might kill himself, I'd get no kill ability as a result.
See, the problem I have with this is that this is not a Gunsmith, and you claimed Gunsmith. A Gunsmith is someone who investigates and can find out if a person has a gun or not. What you are describing is not what a Gunsmith does so I now have problems with your claim.
Incognito wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:What I did do was try to find connections between jester and anyone, and honestly, nothing stood out at all. I do not think there is much to gain from him.
Hm, I wonder why you wanna ignore The Jester's list and contribution. Oh wait, I know why:
The Jester wrote:scotmany12 - Seems okay, asking questions where questions should be. "They were all random and meaningless." (Concerning the votes on himself.)
Unvote; Vote: scotmany12
Where did I say ignore? Thanks for putting words in my mouth. If you read what he has posted in this thread, you will realize he left us nothing to use. To him, the majority of the players were okay to him. He has flameaxe as, what, a soufle, YWN as cautious, Sir T as grey, Miztef as "suspicious and less so now", akonas as not suspicious, you as looking better, and me as okay. How you single me out from this list I don't know. There is really hardly any difference between one player and another.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Ether »

I don't get Incognito's vote.

(Yes, I'm aware that we're on the same wagon.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Gorrad »

scotmany12 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
See, the problem I have with this is that this is not a Gunsmith, and you claimed Gunsmith. A Gunsmith is someone who investigates and can find out if a person has a gun or not. What you are describing is not what a Gunsmith does so I now have problems with your claim.
Yeah, I know what a gunsmith usually does. In this case, I was given the role title of gunsmith and the ability to find out if people can kill. I dunno why Glork chose to put it that way, but I've confirmed what the ability does with him. Maybe it's because, of the role names themselves, only what, two or so? have guns. Whereas almost all, if not all of them have the ability to kill in the game. I'm finding which one kills in THIS game. Does that make sense?

Either, way, that's my role. If I know why Glork gave that title to this role, I'd tell you. But all I can do is give my best guess.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Incognito »

Ether wrote:I don't get Incognito's vote.

(Yes, I'm aware that we're on the same wagon.)
Eh? I thought I covered this already: Post 295.
scotmany12 wrote:Where did I say ignore? Thanks for putting words in my mouth.
Okay, so you didn't say "ignore" but you said that nothing practical can be derived from
anything
The Jester mentioned within thread when, in Post 295 which I've linked above, I mentioned my feelings about what I feel The Jester was attempting to do with his list and why I felt like your position on his list stood out to me. To say that "not much can be gained from him" seems untrue.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

scotmany wrote:Ok, I'm in three games with Flame right now. In all three, he has posted very little to absolutely nothing during the past week. So yeah, he hasn't been plenty active. I don't know where MM is getting this activity from.
If you search the posting history of flameaxe and his alt from
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:08 pm EDT (Start of Day 2)
to
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm EDT (His first post in this game on Day 2),
There were 30 posts.
scotmany wrote:What you are describing is not what a Gunsmith does so I now have problems with your claim.
:arrow: You doubt Gorrad's claim.
:arrow: Protown players would not fake claim.
:arrow: You think Gorrad might still be antitown alignment.
:arrow: I claimed result that confirmed Gorrad to be protown alignment.
:arrow: You must doubt my claim as well.
Is the final deduction, "you must doubt my claim", also your stance scotmany?
The end justifies the means.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Yes, since I doubt's Gorrads because his rolename does not fit his role. And Gorrad, plenty of people carry guns. Cops, Vigs, Mafia, any variant of the doc role, etc.

@Incognito, the Jester did not take a solid stance on anyone besides maybe Gorrad. Interestingly, you seemed to ignore Akonas in that list. He was just as guilty as much as me/flame/sirt were of lurker, and the jester had him as not suspicious.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

scotmany12 wrote:Yes, since I doubt's Gorrads because his rolename does not fit his role. And Gorrad, plenty of people carry guns. Cops, Vigs, Mafia, any variant of the doc role, etc.

@Incognito, the Jester did not take a solid stance on anyone besides maybe Gorrad. Interestingly, you seemed to ignore Akonas in that list. He was just as guilty as much as me/flame/sirt were of lurker, and the jester had him as not suspicious.
Yes, I know. In my role PM, it specifically states that I am a gunsmith and I have the ability to find out if people can kill. I then talked to Glork, and confirmed that that meant people who can kill their targets. I know it's not Gunsmith in the traditional sense. If it were up to me, I probably would have called it something different. But it was NOT up to me.

FoS: scotmany12
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Ether wrote:Incognito and Tornado didn't bicker.
Let me re-phrase it then: Incognito has been in Sir Tornado's tail a bit too long for them to be mafia buddies. Unless he's pulling an Exordio's and it's all a grand and nicely orchestrated bus.

Flameaxe wrote:I can't catch up and make big posts for all of my games at once, that is very much impossible.
No need for big posts. Anything with more content than 'LOL' would have sufficed for the time being. Saying "I agree/disagree with <subject's name here>, will develop more later" doesn't take that much of your time.

Discussing semantics doesn't make you look better either.
FOS: Flameaxe
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

EBWOBBQ: What does the role Devil do?
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

EBWOP: Any variant of the cop role. Doc's probably do not carry guns. My mistake.

Gorrad, I doubt that Glork would put a gunsmith in and then change the role almost completely. And you can stop restating that you talked to Glork. It can't be proven or disproven.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
scotmany wrote:Ok, I'm in three games with Flame right now. In all three, he has posted very little to absolutely nothing during the past week. So yeah, he hasn't been plenty active. I don't know where MM is getting this activity from.
If you search the posting history of flameaxe and his alt from
Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:08 pm EDT (Start of Day 2)
to
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm EDT (His first post in this game on Day 2),
There were 30 posts.
scotmany wrote:What you are describing is not what a Gunsmith does so I now have problems with your claim.
:arrow: You doubt Gorrad's claim.
:arrow: Protown players would not fake claim.
:arrow: You think Gorrad might still be antitown alignment.
:arrow: I claimed result that confirmed Gorrad to be protown alignment.
:arrow: You must doubt my claim as well.
Is the final deduction, "you must doubt my claim", also your stance scotmany?
so wait, you are accusing me of lurking because I posted a lot in a span of a little over a day? Really?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

scotmany12 wrote:@Incognito, the Jester did not take a solid stance on anyone besides maybe Gorrad. Interestingly, you seemed to ignore Akonas in that list. He was just as guilty as much as me/flame/sirt were of lurker, and the jester had him as not suspicious.
... are you in fact reading the thread? I covered Akonas already.

To repeat myself: My feeling is that The Jester's list was either a blatant attempt to protect a scum buddy (if you believe YWN is scum) or an attempt to buddy up to town (if you believe that YWN is town). I think it's more likely to be the latter in this case. The Jester listed Akonas as town citing "for the same reasons as Patrick"; i.e. because Akonas sided with YWN instead of attacking him, The Jester listed Akonas as town. Again, to repeat myself, I think The Jester was attempting to buddy up to YWN and anyone who sided with YWN early on.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Gorrad »

scotmany12 wrote:EBWOP: Any variant of the cop role. Doc's probably do not carry guns. My mistake.

Gorrad, I doubt that Glork would put a gunsmith in and then change the role almost completely. And you can stop restating that you talked to Glork. It can't be proven or disproven.
And there inlies the kicker.
Unvote, Vote: Scotmany12
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 pm

flameaxe wrote:so wait, you are accusing me of lurking because I posted a lot in a span of a little over a day? Really?
Yes I am accusing you of lurking, because you posted 30 times in a span of a little over a day
without posting at all in this game

The least you could have done is have a post that says something like "I will conduct a reread and post my thoughts in my next post" so that we know you are not lurking. But you didn't even do that.

Plus the fact that you posted as soon as you were prompted reinforces your lurking and thus scumminess.

And I love how you keep promising to "catch up", "make big post", and "re-read", yet continuing deliver posts that are mostly one or two lines.

scotmany wrote:Yes, since I doubt's Gorrads because his rolename does not fit his role.
scotmany wrote:I'm thinking Miztef or Incognito
So how come Miztef and Incognito are your highest suspicions if you think both Gorrad and I are fake claiming?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Putting words in my mouth. I actually never said that I think both of you are fakeclaiming. I said I doubt them which simply means I do not 100% believe them. There was absolutely no way I was going to go after you today MM, and even though I expressed suspicion of Gorrad, I still don't view him as the play for today.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Flameaxe »

MM, how long posts are have nothing to do with contribution. Yes, I posted 30 times in one fucking day without posting in this game (and with 20 other games, it's really not as big of a deal as you make it out to be). One fucking day, I hardly consider that to be lurking honestly. I don't get around to all of my games in one day, for that day, it just happened to be this game. I posted when I did because it was the first time I had a chance to get around to this game (Gorrad needs his flavor posts and all).

I never promised a big post, I HAVE re-read, and I AM caught up.
Vote: M-M
The biggest thing you've done in this game is throw these bullshit cases up against me constantly.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
Could you prod Sir Tornado or find a replacement?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Glork »

Incognito wrote:
Mod:
Could you prod Sir Tornado or find a replacement?
Already working on it. Sorry, had Limited Access during the middle of the week.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Glork »

UPDATE: Good news for Everyone involved! When I sent Guardian the wrong role PM, I had sent him Sir Tornado/Cake's role PM. Thus, Guardian can replace SirT/Cake, and will do so effective immediately.

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Love,
Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Hey guys, good to get in this game for real :).

Sir T flakes just when I die in some other games. How perfect.

Anyways, I'll read and comment within a day or so.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 am

Guardian: Welcome!

Scotmany: Thanks for clarifying the extent of your doubt.
flameaxe wrote:I never promised a big post,
Never promised a big post? I thought you implied to make a big post in this quote:
flameaxe wrote:I can't catch up and make big posts for all of my games at once, that is very much impossible.
flameaxe wrote:I HAVE re-read, and I AM caught up. Vote: M-M The biggest thing you've done in this game is throw these bullshit cases up against me constantly.
You have anything else after your reread/catchup besides an OMGUSy vote on an uncounterclaimed power role?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Welcome, Guardian. :D Looking forward to your contribution.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”