thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Multiple town groups I find very hard one to pull off and those suggesting this I find suspicious. No kill last night how would this happen with multiple scum groups.

So I'm either for a no lynch or a lynch of Avin, if he is a genuine detective he is most likely paranoid and of no use to us if he is sane he has given us two scum and there might be yet a 4th scum then he will be a nk choice (this sanity can be verified tonight). If he is scum he could be a god father wanting me to waste investigations on townies and having the convinientness of coming up town if I investigate him and being paranoid.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Sorry about the recent lack of posting, i'm home for break and extremely busy with visiting people.

But.. i agree somewhat, i also have absolutely no thought as to how to go about this so
vote no lynch
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Also killa my name is spelled sykedoc.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

For what it's worth, I think it is much more likely that avin is false claiming. What really sticks out at me is that he claimed he was the "Town Detective". It just seems odd that he felt the need to add that "Town" qualifier, when it's pretty much widely accepted that a "Detecive" would be pro-town. Of course, I could be completely off base on that. I'm just throwing my two cents in.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:46 am

Post by killa seven »

Prof. Guppy wrote:For what it's worth, I think it is much more likely that avin is false claiming. What really sticks out at me is that he claimed he was the "Town Detective". It just seems odd that he felt the need to add that "Town" qualifier, when it's pretty much widely accepted that a "Detecive" would be pro-town. Of course, I could be completely off base on that. I'm just throwing my two cents in.
yea we dont u dont want us to belive him since hes claiming your scum and i belive him.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 am

Post by avinashv »

I've never understood people's problem with the Town qualifier. I'll abstract away from the fact that I was targeting you, Guppy; all I did was directly write my title. It's one thing if I claimed vanilla townie, but I claimed Town Detective because I am a Town Detective and not just a Detective.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

vamp is yuor role name also Town Detetive as well?
Do you want your possessions identified?
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yeah, I don't really understand why the mod would name one role a cop and one a detective, if they were exactly the same role.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 am

Post by killa seven »

MightyFireball wrote:Yeah, I don't really understand why the mod would name one role a cop and one a detective, if they were exactly the same role.
only thing i can think of is there are 2 anti town groups.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:19 pm

2 anti town groups and no nk last night?
Wow I went and checked and I am a
Town Cop

At least this tell me he is most likely genuine and Guppy is at least not a power role as they would most likely be Town Doc. Now I guess I gotta go with this one and decide on his sanity. Still I have to say doc (if there is one) I am by far the better night protect as I have confirmed sanity.

Maybe a Guppy Lynch is a possibility as this is one way to find out Avins sanity with IMO not having the risk of hitting a power role and being able to use an investigation on a beter hunch.
unvote
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Ah, crap. I'm getting the rope for the good of the town. S'kool, I got other stuff ta do anyways.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Ok so skyedoc is on more votes but I fell Guppy is a better choice and I am assuming that he if not scum is a vanila townie and any doc claim from him would be seriously not valued considering his suspicion of avin for having town in his role.
So
Vote: Prof. Guppy
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:46 pm

I also belive that there is enough info in the game for scum to have a rather good attempt at hitting the doc (well at least I believe I know who he is) so a no lynch woud be costly to us.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

We lynch Guppy as town, it proves nothing. avinshv can be scum or a paranoid cop. I recomment NO LYNCH for us. avinashv can try to get the third guilty, which would probably show he is paranoid as the best case.

unvote, vote: NO LYNCH

fos: avinashv and sykedoc still
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:47 pm

No godfather I dont have reason to belive Avin scum as he called his role Town Detective and that fits with my role Town Cop and seems too odd he managed to guess that. Guppy bought him up on that issue and that tells me he is a) not a town power role or b) scum
So I am ruling out avin scum and a lynch is a good way to test his sanity and not get a power role.
Thus best case scenario he is sane we get scum and know who to lynch next and we both get two useful investigations.
Worst case scenario he is paranoid we lynch a vanila townie.

There is also the possibility he is insane and if he survives the night I suggest he investigates either myself or Lalm and tells us what result he gets.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

hmm. well Guppy always wanna die anyway.

unvote, vote: Guppy

for what it worth I don't think you are scum Guppy.

I don't recommend to investigate avinashv. Look like this:
1. avinashv is scum, he won't die at night at all.
2. avinashv is paranoid cop, has two townies. scums don't know whether avinashv is insane, they probably need to kill him
3. avinash is paranoid cop, has at least a scum. If scums leave avinashv alive it can show they know he is paranoid which could show that avinashv did find scum.
4. avinashv is insane, has two townies, it's the same as 2.
5. avinashv is sane, game is really over.

Additional avinashv could be a godfather when he is scum. Total useless move.

I know this is maybe not new thinking but I agree with it.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by avinashv »

Alright, I like the plan of lynching Guppy and then investigating either vamp or lalm to test my role's sanity.
Unvote, vote: Prof. Guppy

I'll test by investigating vamp. If it
does
result in a guilty, then I'm still not 100% sure that my role is insane, because vamp could be playing a good fake here, but I think it's unlikely. The only problem is that I see myself getting NK'd, and so would be unable to let you know my result. Nevertheless, I guess the result of today's lynch should help towards that cause.

If I don't make it through the night and Guppy did turn out to be scum, for obvious reasons lynch skyedoc and then decide on who seems most scummy and investigate after the lynch. After that, for goodness sake, don't NL!

Mod, vote count?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

'm here, but it's coming up to the end of term so I'm a bit busy with study. I'll try and contribute a bit but it's unlikely to be very much for the next week or so.
avinashv wrote:I'll test by investigating vamp. If it does result in a guilty, then I'm still not 100% sure that my role is insane, because vamp could be playing a good fake here, but I think it's unlikely. The only problem is that I see myself getting NK'd, and so would be unable to let you know my result. Nevertheless, I guess the result of today's lynch should help towards that cause.
This post irks me a bit, do you really think that there could be four scum?

I'm thinking that you could be a GF given you not minding the prospect of being investigated by vamp. I find it really unlikely that you just happened to investigate two of the three people Occult named and that there really is two investigative roles in this game.

The way I see it, you claim cop, say you have guilty on two people then push for one of their lynches. When one of them gets lynched and turns up town you claim insanity and by that stage vamp has probably investigated you and found you innocent. From there you get to ride out the game as a 'confirmed' power role townie, but you don't actually have anything to show from your power role. You'll never get lynched and you can claim that the scum don't NK you for WIFOM reasons.

In my mind it seems like a good a plan if you are the GF. If you really are a cop then I'm sorry, but I find the circumstances you're in pretty unlikely for them to be true.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Guys note how Avin claimed Town Detective and I am Town Cop and I am assuming the other Power role is something like Town Doc........Guppy was wierded out by the Town in the claim obviously implying he knew not of this term for power roles in this game. This caused me to do a big turn around in my thinking of Avin as genuine as how (if not a genuine claim) would he know that the role title contained a Town in it. Guppy seems not overly concerned with his death which is also kinda wierd too.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by sykedoc »

I'm sorry i'm kinda lost exactly with whats going on here, Vamp would you mind kind of explaining exactly what you just said, cept a little more straightfoward? =)
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Guys note how Avin claimed Town Detective and I am Town Cop and I am assuming the other Power role is something like Town Doc........Guppy was wierded out by the Town in the claim obviously implying he knew not of this term for power roles in this game. This caused me to do a big turn around in my thinking of Avin as genuine as how (if not a genuine claim) would he know that the role title contained a Town in it. Guppy seems not overly concerned with his death which is also kinda wierd too.
Hey, as town, survival is my number two priority, remember? Finding scum is number one. If my lynch will help the town, then so be it.

Still, I would like to continue to play, if that's possible at all. So, I'm going to go ahead and claim.

Prof. Guppy=Townie

Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Niv »

The those who ask will recieve Vote count

sykedoc - Lalmtreasteek, killa seven
xXFoxXx- Erratus Apathos
No Lynch - Prof. Guppy, xXFoxXx, MightyFireball, sykedoc
Prof. Guppy - thevampireofdusseldorf, Lalmtreasteek, avinashv

Any issues post in thread
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

The only avdantage of nolynch in this sitation, is to avoid outing the Doc. since we know Guppy is not the Doc it is prefferrable to lynch him then to nolynch.

Unvote vote Prof Guppy
Do you want your possessions identified?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:05 am

Post by avinashv »

I don't like Guppy's redundant town-claim, especially since he called me out on the same earlier up this page. He's also tried (and succeeded) at using sympathy to get unvotes towards the start of this game.

Awesome Pants - I only think there might be 4 scum because there are two investigative roles
xXFoxXx
xXFoxXx
Townie
xXFoxXx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:20 am

Post by xXFoxXx »

I suppose I will go along with this, it seems to be sound...

Unvote Vote :Guppy
Cunning like a Fox

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”