Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by Radio_Interference »

Krrrrzzzzzzffftzz.....

....e seems to be losin concenit.....

[Bab]
The post he made on it labeled it as a scummy behaviour, and I'm curoius as to whether he would bother to cite it as evidence in Occult was lynched and turned up scum, or if he doesn't really care and was more making a statement. Really, I'd be happy with a yes or no answer :)

[Random]
Anyway, I think I'd start to get annoyed if I had to read my posts multiple times on one page, and none of them did much besides asking simple questions and explaining, so being that it's 3 in the morning I'm going to call it a night. I dont know how much I'll be able to post tomorrow, but I'm going to try to actually do something useful on saturday :)

[Amor]
Do you normally structure all of your posts the same way? I've noticed every one of them has the same general consistancy and flow so far, to a point where its become predictable in an extremly general sense of the word.

*Transmission out*

Official Vote Count

JimSauce - 1 (backinblack167)
Occult - 3 (preatorian, WeyounsLastClone, curiouskarmadog)

Radio_Interference - 1 (JimSauce)

Not Voting - 4 (Amor, BridgesAndBaloons, Occult, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

hmm,
unvote
, until I am able to read.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JimSauce
JimSauce
Goon
JimSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:40 am

Post by JimSauce »

BaB wrote:I wanted to know if Boggzie was as scummy as everyone is making him up to be. I looked at all his posts and for the first two pages he pretty much does nothing. Then he spends all of this page defending himself. In my opinion, Boggzie (spelling?) has not done anything helpful for the town, only helpful for himself. This makes me a little worried of him. Not enough to warrant a true vote, imo, especially since it wouldn't be the first. (I'm learning you guys!) I think too prove that he is pro-town, Boggzie should focus on figuring out who is mafia with us, instead of just defending himself, or accusing Occult again.
I hugely disagree that Boggzie hasn't done anything pro-town.

First of all, his defense (though I don't agree with it) revolved around me meta-ing him to find something for conviction, which is in the scum's best interest. That contributes to scum-hunting. Also, how can you say accusing Occult isn't trying to figure out who the mafia are? Occult's vote was extremely anti-town; Boggzie pointed this out (or at least implied it) with an OMGUS vote. Once again, I missed where this doesn't slightly scum-hunting.

I also don't get how defending isn't helpful for the town. For one thing, he's providing information. He's also countering an accusation made against him, which, if he is town, will help repel his lynch. Simple logic tells us that a town-player staying alive is beneficial to the town.

I do agree that Boggzie was overreacting a bit.
RI wrote:[Jimsauce] This is kind of beating a dead horse, but I'm curious as to whether you still think Occult's choice of agreeing with a deadline was scummy?
Of course I do.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I find it extremely interesting that you defended Boggzie/curiouskarmadog.
Are you now certain that he is not mafia?

What I mean is that everyone should be analyzing people's posts, asking questions, ect. If you are attacked, of course its in everyone's interest to defend yourself; however, I do not accept this as helping the town. Everyone in the entire game doesn't want to get lynched. It means you lose.
True, one must (and everyone will) defend themselves when attacked, but to
really
help the town you have to look at other people, ask questions, gather evidence, ect.

This is my belief. I guess we agree to disagree?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
backinblack167
backinblack167
Townie
backinblack167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by backinblack167 »

It's awfully difficult to analyze posts that are attacking you without defending yourself, and that's what a lot of the posts made while Boggzie was active were.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Amor »

Radio_Interference wrote:
[Amor]
Do you normally structure all of your posts the same way? I've noticed every one of them has the same general consistancy and flow so far, to a point where its become predictable in an extremly general sense of the word.
Um... I guess so? Not really sure what you're talking about.
JimSauce
JimSauce
Goon
JimSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:19 am

Post by JimSauce »

BaB wrote:Are you now certain that he is not mafia?
I don't have to be sure of someone's alignment to defend them.
BaB wrote:This is my belief. I guess we agree to disagree?
Sure. I see where you're coming from, but I don't consider it scummy if you defend yourself when attacked.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:16 pm

OK reading the game, usually when I do this, I type it out while I read. Also post points that I think are important (at the time of reading).

Page 1.

I sort of like RI’s posting style. Lets see if it gets old. I don’t believe that he is not an alt.

These posts always stick out to me.
Xpom Telo wrote:Hi everyone. I'm just checking in. No random vote here.
Why no random vote? Why did no one comment on this?

Mostly random votes on this page.

Page 2.

Xpom Telo wrote:Sorry I haven't been here at all, I got caught up in real life.

I'm going to
vote: Radio Interference
because his posts are incredibly annoying.
Ok again this sticks out to me. He doesn’t want to random vote, but will vote someone because they are annoying, not because he thinks they are scum. Sounds like a random vote to me. Which leads me to believe his first post was trying to look town.

Occult asks for a deadline, some people thinks that could be scummy, some don’t. I myself don’t find people asking for a deadline too scummy when a game drags on and on…but on page 2?..hmmmm.

WLC calls Occult out on this (35) and votes him and Occult OMGUS votes him back (26)?…ugh.

JS replaces Xpom.

Amor agrees with Occult (FoSes Clone)

JS and RI attack Occult about having a stupid reason for voting clone….I hardly think Occult was being serious.

JS and Occult have conversation (argument?) over absolutely nothing (noted). I am on the fence about Occult at this point? Scum trying to get a quick lynch or Town trying to get conversation started?

Page 2 was hopping.
Page 3.

Vote count on the top of the Page 3 is incorrect. Listed both JS and Xpom being in the game.

Hmmm…
Amor wrote:Yeah, Occult's vote was pretty much OMGUS, and in my mind much more suspicious than the deadline thing.

I'd really like to hear from some of the people who have been lurking, especially Boggzie, who is an IC but hasn't posted any content yet.
Boom, first real scummy thing this game. Amor thinks Occult’s vote was suspicious and OMGUS, but his post IMMEDIATELY after Occult’s post was agreeing with Occult and FoSes WLC. Not to mention, he never mentions that Occult being suspicious at that time. He only now, mentions it after people are attacking Occult.

And then there is
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Hi, I'm replacing ZaneWasHere

It's my first game. Woohoo!

Now to business,
I think we need to go ahead and lynch someone, it works in favor for us. (or at least thats what the general idea tends to be).

I think Occult wasn't helping the town with his deadline suggestion. His posts seem a bit scummy to me, but its my first game, so maybe I'm wrong.

he also voted for Zanewashere, who I am now, so it's kind of pay back.

Vote: Occult
This vote does not count. You did not unvote first - Vel
Second scummy post of the game. Jumps on the Occult BW, admits he could be wrong and to OMGUS, doesn’t ask any questions, and plays the newbie card.

JS coaches BAB (54) but that is what ICs do in newbie games.

BAB lays down a “case” (newbie case) occult defends (immaturely). Poor taste dude to call a newbie “stupid”. BAB retorts and unvotes. Occult successfully bullies BAB (means nothing, just noting). LOL, now Occult feels good about BAB, wonder why?

Bog (me) gets heat for lurking. JS attacks, Senior Bandwagon ( I mean Occult) votes him. OH, now Amor, joins the suspicion train. Bog OMGUS votes Occult…jesus, newbie games…

BAB (73)mentions the newbie card again, but shows much understanding of the game (interesting).

Page 3 was pretty hot for a newbie game.

Page 4.

Page 4 vote still incorrect.

MOD, need to fix, JS is a replacement for Xpom
Thanks ckd, I missed where backinblack was voting for xpom - Vel

Bog flakes, asks for a replacement….if that is all that it takes, his career on this site will be short.

RI asks for some NEEDED prods (85)

Jesus Christ BAB pulls the newbie card again (88, 91)..we got it you’re a “newb”.

Blah Blah Blah, conversations about mafia theory and quick lynching.

(94) I replace in.

I find BAB’s questioning of Armor time in the newbie forum odd (98).

Page 5.

Vote count still wrong.

Ok, not much here..thoughts and questions coming..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Questions questions…

Amor, why on page 2 did you agree with Occult and Fos WLC then say on page 3 that Occult looks suspicious because of his OMGUS vote on WLC? Why didn’t you mention that when you agreed with him on page 2?

JS, why is your vote still on RI?

BackinBlack (just going to call you Black), why is your vote still on JS?

Praetorian, why aren’t you posting? Why did you feel like it was impoart to ask where RI went when you have only posted here twice?
Mod what is the situation on him? has he picked up his prod
No he hasn't. I give 72 hrs for a player to pick up a prod, and today is it. I'll start looking for a replacement - Vel

Occult, if I meta you, will I find you voting hopping in all of your games Day 1? Why didn’t you ask for a retractable deadline on page 2? Your thoughts on Amor?

RI, what are your top two scum suspects at this point.

BAB, name three things you think are scum tells.

Clone, I would like to hear your comments on JS, Amor, RI…
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Occult »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Occult, if I meta you, will I find you voting hopping in all of your games Day 1? Why didn’t you ask for a retractable deadline on page 2? Your thoughts on Amor?
With the vote hopping, it depends on the game, situation and the mood I was in but, yes there are games where I like to vote hop (My mafia backround is from IRC and RL so its something that sorta comes with that, I guess).

I assume that deadlines are retractable, plus I trusted that koon would've made it retractable (I should've made sure that I specified that in a newbie game).

I feel uneasy about armor, he's sorta just sitting in the background making sure that he posts enough to be in the game and keep him out of mind and under the radar. Tho, its the first day and experience wise players are sometimes a bit quiet on the first day (but feel obligated to post) had he continued into tom. I would've called him on it.

Lastly, as for BnB, my feeling good about him is more of a gut feeling. I came at him (was an asshole about it) and he seemed to take it better then i've seen people react. I have no rel evidence to trust BnB tho.

I still have you as a pretty good chance of scum (due to bog). On the other hand tho, I liked your analysis.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks Occult, your thoughts on Amor's play page 2 and 3 (as I mentioned in my break down), since it directly relates to you, I was curious about your thoughts on it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:06 pm

What do you mean about RI being an alt? (i looked up alt in the wiki and I couldn't find it.)

curiouskarmadog wrote:
I find BAB’s questioning of Armor time in the newbie forum odd (98).
My spring break has started, so I have time to check this. I look here often to see if someone posts something that I can respond to. When I saw Amor was there, I waited for him to say something. When he didn't post something the entire day, I was a little surprised.
curiouskarmadog wrote: BAB, name three things you think are scum tells.
I'm a little weary posting these, because I know that if it's not what most people consider scum tells, you will look down on me, and most importantly, the mafia members can avoid doing these if I'm still in the game later on.
However, I also know that the best way of generating discussion is to ask/answer questions, and the town may benefit from what I say.

After that long intro, here we go (no particular order):

1) Not unvoting the game's initial "random votes" without explaining, and coutinuing to attack the same people.
2) Doing things that are negative to the town (not posting, diverting attention, ect.)
3) Eagerness to lynch someone.

Of course those are just three of a lot more.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Happy scumday, Occult.
Signature:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 pm

BAB, an alt, is an experienced player who makes an "alt"ernate player to play under to try out different styles...I think RI is an experienced player and not indeed a newbie.

I am not going to attack your personal scum tell...I just want to know where you are coming from (for my reread) and for the future...of course there are others...

your thoughts on my break down of the game thus far?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Occult »

Eh, I find armor's post to be a newbie just sorta going with the flow of the game, just trying to feel it out, but, I did find it noteworthy (just not enough to go off of right this second). Armor just doesn't feel like a D1 lynch for me, tho, he hasn't done anything that makes me think he's town.

@BnB, an alt is an alternative account of another player (just a mindless piece of speculation by me from his post style. I've since started to like RI's post style.)
JimSauce
JimSauce
Goon
JimSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by JimSauce »

I agree with CKD that RI's posting style and understanding of the game belie his join date, but then again I would have to say the same thing about many other players. I doubt we have that many impostors.

@#107: About Xpom Telo: I don't consider omitting a random vote to be scummy, but I agree that his vote on RI was unjustified and anti-town if Xpom was serious with it. Maybe he wanted to pressure RI out of that style?
CKD wrote:Occult asks for a deadline, some people thinks that could be scummy, some don’t. I myself don’t find people asking for a deadline too scummy when a game drags on and on…but on page 2?..hmmmm.
Agreement here as well. I don't necessarily consider approval of a deadline scummy, but I found it scummy that he would want this on Page 2 with very little serious posts to work from. But, I might consider dropping the argument because of Occult's comment about it being retractable. (Just wondering why he decided to bring this defense up later rather than when some players first questioned him.)
CKD wrote:JS and RI attack Occult about having a stupid reason for voting clone….I hardly think Occult was being serious.
So do I, hence the statement in #49
"I think that portion of the vote was a joke, which means it was pretty much OMGUS."
Can you quote where I attacked Occult for this?
CKD wrote:Bog (me) gets heat for lurking. JS attacks, Senior Bandwagon ( I mean Occult) votes him. OH, now Amor, joins the suspicion train. Bog OMGUS votes Occult…jesus, newbie games… Jesus Christ BAB pulls the newbie card again (88, 91)..we got it you’re a “newb”.
I laughed
really
hard at this. No idea why.
CKD wrote:JS, why is your vote still on RI?
I forgot Xpom had voted him. I have the habit of skipping over the vote count if there are only 0-2 votes per page.
Unvote

Oh, and I twitch every time someone misspells Amor's name.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:48 pm

This post was going to be longer, but I realized that if I phrase this differently, we
might
get a good hint on who is mafia. Give me a day or two to figure out the best way to present this.

I thought your breakdown of the game was interesting. I feel that you might have given me alot more focus than actions I did merited, and you brought up an extremely strong case against Occult. You seem to have a clear understanding of how this game's been going. It was good, but no summary is going to be perfect (an unbiased). It's just a matter of figuring the right filter to apply when reading it.

Oh, and RI: is this your first time playing mafia online?
Signature:
Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Zzzrrrrrrrttttttt...........

...nd this is how you play the blues. No, thats too fast, like thi...

BaB:
Oh, and RI: is this your first time playing mafia online?
[Response]
Technically yes, this is the first time I've played [uMafia[/u] online. However, leaving it just at that would be a blayant lie. I played my first mafia game IRL 4 or 5 years ago, and afterward started playing werewolf online (Chat) pretty hardcore until a year or so ago. I started playing and narrating games in real life when not long after I stopped with the chat/IRC games. Hopefully I'll stay here long enough to start modding flavour games. Due to my long exposer to werewolf I still typo Vig as Silver Bullet from time to time :) First forum game too.

[Amor]
I can go back, quote and highlight every part of every post you've made that fits this description if you want me to, bu as I found when I quoted them all to a word document, thats quite a lot of posts to quote in one message. What I'm talking about is that so far every post except for the ones in direct response to a question have followed this pattern:

Part (1)- Say something is suscpicious/scummy
Part (2)- Explain why it doesnt really matter

I find your posts very tone neutral, as in, I dont really see you commenting on something that hasnt already been said somewhere else. Why that particular tidbit strikes me more from your posts then anyone elses is something I couldnt tell you.

[CKD]

CKD
RI, what are your top two scum suspects at this point.
[Response]
I'm leaning towards Amor and WLC.

[Reasoning]
I scumhunt through patterns, and so far I've only seen Amor make a solid pattern to himself, all the other people he's tried to connect to have been through that "tone neutral" thing I talked about to him. He's an outcast in the web of people in this game.

I dont see any connecting going on at all with WLC, to himself, or to anyone. If you guys really want me to explain all of this better, I'll need to make a visual.

In my mind Occult and BaB are connected relativly strongly, and I can't see both of them being scum. I feel a relative connection to and from Occult, I also see Occult conveying a small connection to Boggzie (Aka CKD) These I think are all relativly strong connections.

Right now I see Jimsauce as sorta being connected to two or three people, but his posts don't scream scum to me, and after realizing that he never actually voted for me I don't really feel much of a reason to think he's scum right now.

Boggzie freaked out, I would have FoS'd him if he hadn't decided to leave and his next post wasnt something miraculus. I agree about defending yourself, but I found some of what he said hypocritical, and that points itself to scumtell. This brings in his strong connection to Occult. Occult gains because of his freaking out. Its how my mind works and catagorizes things, again, a visual would be apporopriate, if any of you actually care.

BackinBlack, despite not really being connected to anyone has given me no real reason to vote for him. He doesnt seem to be avoiding connection.

WLC is out of my web of people, and I dont particularly like his posts so far. I wouldnt even go far enough to FomS him off of any of this though.

Preatorian hasnt said enough to be labeled yet, and although I dont see any particular pattern or connection running from CuriousKarmaDog to anyone, he's been here like a day.

[Conclusion]
I dont have enough to feel comfortable giveing a vote /FoS for anyone right now, and have probably only managed to thoroughly confuse everyone as to how I predict mafia members. The theory behind the pattern thing is that the more connections you get, the harder it gets to lie, or make any kind of arguement against town, because your connected to so many other townies. the key here is that it isnt a linear increase in difficulty, its an exponential increase. This causes mafia to either try to be the top, and play a really talented game, or be one of the outliers and have a little bit more freedom. Again, I apologize, people normally dont get it when I try to explain how it works.

*Transmission out*
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:37 pm

BAB, I am confused by your last post and I am not sure what you are trying to say.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: I feel that you might have given me alot more focus than actions I did merited
What?
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: and you brought up an extremely strong case against Occult.
Did I? I don’t think I presented any type of case yet.
--------

JS, you attacked Occult much of Page 2…I can provide post numbers if you wish, but it is pretty obvious. Now this doesn’t really mean anything at this point…but I thought it was worth a note.
--------

RI, I thought your connections were interesting, and should be analyzed at a later date, but is slightly useless as this point. Also, when considering “connections” did you consider that people blatantly not mentioning or overlooking others as a connection as well?

---------
I have picked up some possible scum tells on 2-3 people. But this day is still young and I would like to wait on more of my questions being answered before voting or actually presenting a case.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JimSauce
JimSauce
Goon
JimSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by JimSauce »

CKD wrote:JS, you attacked Occult much of Page 2…I can provide post numbers if you wish, but it is pretty obvious. Now this doesn’t really mean anything at this point…but I thought it was worth a note.
I'm not sure if you get my point with this message, but yeah, I never attacked him for his vote.
JimSauce wrote:FoS: Occult for approving of an early deadline, which gives the huge risk of an uninformed mislynch.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Does numbering separate thoughts help with clarity? We'll see. I'm going to try.

1)
My "possible clue" is destroyed. I saw RI make a post ( i guess this is called meta-ing?) that implied he had played mafia online again. I wanted to trap him in that lie, but he answered honestly. This gives me very pro-town feelings towards RI. I feel that his recent post is something I needed to see from him.

2) RI: I need to see your post by post case against Amor. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is entirely necessary imo.

3) This (
Radio_Interference wrote: In my mind Occult and BaB are connected relativly strongly, and I can't see both of them being scum.
) is something I want to settle. In my initial posts, I attacked him, he defended, I responded and retracted my vote. Then he said he thought i was pro-townie. I felt this response was a little sudden, and maybe perhaps a bit scummy. If he thinks he can bully me into changing my vote, maybe he thinks he could by my loyalty by saying I'm pro-town. He is just as likely to be mafia as everyone else, and don't want to be anyone's pawn. I don't want to be very connected to anyone right now. It's a measure of safety. You might start feel connected with someone that is mafia. That could lose you the game. I am being cautious.

4) I disagree with RI's idea about connections (because I think the mafia are not considering his "exponential rule of difficulty to lie" when making connections. I think that mafia's goal is to make as many connections possible to avoid being lynched. They could just Night kill the people they are connected to and say, "ooh lala look, this person I love died! I couldn't
possibly
be mafia"

5) CKD: I don't think i have been super involved in this game, maybe I have. Anyway it seemed like you talked about me more than I would have if I was summarizing the game up till now. You asked for my oppinions about your summary. That's what they were.

6) Also to CKD: For some reason, re-reading it just now, it seemed like you were attacking Occult a lot less. Everytime I re-read someone's comments, i get something completely different from it. Never the less, you calling Occult "senior bandwagon" seemed to trivialize his game into a very scummy matter bandwagonning people without a reason. These were my initial impressions, and only that. My thoughts on every post on this game are so fluid it's ridiculous.

7)CKD get's another one!: I want to hear what YOU consider the top three scum tells to be.

this is what I was talking about here:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: if I phrase this differently, we
might
get a good hint on who is mafia. Give me a day or two to figure out the best way to present this.
Signature:
Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Frrrzzzt....

...nd yet again, he hits, and he misse...

[CKD]
RI, I thought your connections were interesting, and should be analyzed at a later date, but is slightly useless as this point. Also, when considering “connections” did you consider that people blatantly not mentioning or overlooking others as a connection as well?
[response]
They provide perspective, and people are commenting, although as usual, I havent seemed to explain it correctly. It happens. Yes, I've experienced mafia bussing, I've experienced mafia dissasociation, I've experienced mafia going hyperactive pro-town for the game. My idea's arent a day one instant win button. Nor are they based on how often people mention eachother, or whether they complain/love eachother. Notice how backinblack wasnt connected to anyone, even though he's mentioned them? Or how WLC has indeed been in this game, commenting, but isnt considered connected either? It's just the "method to my madness", and I figured I'd attempt an explination so people didnt WTF so much if it comes up later.

[Going Forward]
CuriosKarmaDog, JimSauce never attacked Occult. I feel that he didn't quite read my message correctly when he made the statement about the OMGUS thing, as I was trying to imply the same thing, but regardless, it wasnt an attack. if you feel I'm incorrect in this, please quote the post where JimSauce attacked Occult. I would like to see something we can question JimSauce on come up.

When BaB was talking about you making a strong case against Occult, I think he was talking about Boggzie.

[BaB]
As I said previously, I'm not even FomS'ing Amor off of the pattern in his posts. That in itself is hardly scummy, CKD wanted me to jump through a hoop, so I did. I'll run up the posts after I get done, first its time to start "OMGURSCUMHUNTINGSUCKS" replying :(

Again, I see people working in a web, so connection was the obvious choice of word. How I see things isnt a day one win button, its how I see them, my perspective on the world. It is what it is.
4) I disagree with RI's idea about connections (because I think the mafia are not considering his "exponential rule of difficulty to lie" when making connections. I think that mafia's goal is to make as many connections possible to avoid being lynched. They could just Night kill the people they are connected to and say, "ooh lala look, this person I love died! I couldn't possibly be mafia"
[Response]
The last part is WIFOM, and one of the reasons why NK's arent a super sweet easy way of bagging mafia members, mafia are living, sentient beings and as such they can choose whom to kill with a strategy in mind. Some mafia play diffrently then others, it is much less taxing when picking your words as a mafia member if you arent making huge post after huge post after huge post of "little lies" to try to get the lynch off yourself. that's why some feel that lurking is a scumtell. As far as you and Occult go, you're perfectly free to feel that Occult is as scummy as you want to, and I can garentee you that I'll take every one of your posts seriously and consider every statement you make. Right now I dont see either one of you as a good choice for a day 1 lynch, and I wouldnt be surprised if both of you turn up town. Not to say that wont change with the post after mine, or the one after that, or the one after that. Afterall, my goal is to win, and as you pointed out trusting someone who might be scum is hardly a good way to win :)

[To the general public]
If you have questions about what I've said with my web, and my connections and such, realize It's just how I think. I will gladly answer questions and statements, but its something that I've always had trouble explaining fully.

[:(]
and now, just for BaB-

Amor

Hi, I'm replacing Phael.

As others have said, this game is slow moving so far, likely because there's not much to go on. The only thing that sticks out is Occult being at L-2 when we're barely out of the random voting phase yet. So with that said...

Unvote Occult

FoS on WLC
Asking for a deadline isn't really suspicious given the circumstances. It seems a little agressive to put a third vote on someone because of it.
I'm honestly not sure how to take BAB's posts.
He came out very focused on getting Occult, to the extent of flagging obvious joke posts as scummy, and then quickly backed off.
This could be scumminess or it
could just be newbness.

This is also why I'm cautious about things like lynch-2. If I hadn't taken my vote off Occult, and BAB had quickly voted the way he did, the mafia could have hammered him. (This is assuming that the mafia weren't voting already and Occult is town.)

BAB, if you're new I would reccomend reading through some of the games on here to get a feel of how things work. That's what I did.
Boggzie wrote:

I don't like how Amor called me "lurking"; this early it's hard to tell if anyone's lurking, and really everyone's been lurking to an extent or we wouldn't have 3 replacements and such a slow day.

While it's true that there hasn't been much activity, you stood out as somebody who wasn't posting. When I posted that everyone except for you and preatorian had posted recently. And your existing posts were both one-line joke posts.
Your posts today are almost entirely defending yourself against the lurking accusation, which isn't the most helpful thing either. (If, as you maintain, lurking isn't a scumtell.)

Boggzie wrote:
I don't really find anything to delve into there (32-36), I see it as lack of content. O wants the game to move along, maybe wrongly, but it's understood, and WLC maybe had his page settings to 5 rather than 10? I dunno. I think everyone's dying for something to key on and latch to as "scummy", and with the limited amount of any content whatsoever they're keying on uber-minor tells. Not that I have contributed anything more, but frankly I have been busy, and was in a rough battle in another game. I keep checking in here and haven't seen anything to say; "oh - that's interesting". A lot of mountains where molehills should be so far.

You said yourself that there are no Columbo moments on Day 1. I think that we need to examine the small things -- Occult's request for a deadline and BAB's agressiveness certainly aren't things to lynch them over, but discussing them can help reveal things that are. It's a lot more useful than sitting back and waiting for something big to happen.

When I said you were lurking,
I wasn't using it to imply you were scum, I just wanted to hear your read of the situation. I thought that as an IC you could help move the game along and offer some insight..
However, the way you responded -- vigorously defending yourself against charges of lurking while still not commenting on anyone else -- is suspicous.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
I'm actually really scared of radio_interference. I feel that he is playing a near perfect game right now. His posts are very insightful and helpful. He seems to be hanging out in the background. If he really is pro-townie, I would like to see a lengthy post in the near future. Everyone he does seems to be very pro-town, although something odd registers with me. Not enough to warrant even a FOS, i just wanted to make sure people do not forget that he could be mafia.

I actually thought RI was kind of scummy a few days ago
, as he hadn't posted much content and because of his posting style,
but his last couple of posts have seemed pretty pro-town.
The thing to keep in mind is that roleplaying (or whatever you call RI's posting style)
is an easy way to make it look like you're posting something without really saying anything.
Not that he's doing it, but it's something to watch out for in the future.

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
I made up evidence, AFTER I voted for him. Not a good tactic for writting essays, but makes interesting results for this game. That's why my evidence was so week. In my oppinion, I'm pretty ashamed of my second post. It was fairly week evidence, and I wanted to make a strong entrance. I'm embarrassed.

If you knew the evidence was weak, why did you bring it up? That just seems like common sense. And deciding to vote for someone before gathering evidence is pretty scummy
The fact that you're admitting it does make me a bit less suspicious though.
Still, targetting Occult, who had the most votes and the most suspicion cast on him at the time, seems like bandwaggoning in hopes of a quick lynch.

Occult, speaking of you, your posts are generally short and don't have much content. You also seem very quick to vote without providing reasons. This does not strike me as being pro-town and is even sort of scummy.
[Happy now?]
It's just a weak pattern in his messages. It's just really dry. He makes a statement, then makes a maybe statement, or states why its okay something or another is scummy. This interests me because most people tend to change it up more then that, and include ideas and opinions in a diffrent order between messages. Tehy taught us that in psychology, a class that I took last semester. Calling it a post by post "case" was a little much. I dont see his posts as presenting a new opinion on subjects and he doesnt have any connections in my book, and that to me is a much bigger deal then the "pattern" thing. Next time I say I have weak reasoning, think you'll believe me :roll:

[Now, Seriously]
I'm certainly not FoS'ing Amor, because that would be a crap reason to FoS someone. For all I know he could have just gotten unlucky with when he has gotten to the computer.

*Transmission Out*
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Amor »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Questions questions…

Amor, why on page 2 did you agree with Occult and Fos WLC then say on page 3 that Occult looks suspicious because of his OMGUS vote on WLC? Why didn’t you mention that when you agreed with him on page 2?
Yeah, my bad. I didn't really think about Occult's vote before making that post. The silly reasoning for his vote made me think it was something of a joke vote. On further inspection (and, admittedly, some other people pointing it out) I took another look at it and realized it was suspicious. I still think WLC's vote was unwarranted, though.

Radio_Interference: I'm trying to be careful and not accuse anyone without being fairly sure about things. I just want to consider other explanations for things before automatically saying someone is scum.

I really don't understand the connections point. Isn't it the mafia who's supposed to have connections to each other?

I'm going to try and go over some things tomorrow with fresher eyes and see if I can bring up anything new.
Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:14 am

Krrzt...

snap...crackle...pop...

[Amor]
Thats fine. My weak reasoning is weak, and I certainly wouldnt have brought it up right now if I hadnt been specifically asked. I dont like being asked to present cases against people before I actually have anything against anyone.

Tune in later for more good time oldies!

*Transmission out*
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:33 am

RI: First of all, thank you very much for replying. I'm sure that took a whole lot of time to write. About the connections thing, is this the way you generally think in life? I mean do you see the connections between groups of people? After this game is over, I would like to have a more in-depth discussion about the "connection method."

Also RI: I wasn't asking you for a case-by-case scum essay against Amor, I was just curious how you said his posts were wishy-washy.Everyone should read your post (121) looking for how Amor is extremely neutral. Then, it is a very strong and direct case.

Linking this indecisiveness to being scummy is the weak part. Amor could be a mafia member trying to fit in, not helping the town, while at the same time not lurking. Or, he could just be trying to not offend anyone so that they don't attack him, because he is a townsperson.

***The last part of this post was me making fun of Amor's "attack and defend" technique. It would have been funnier if I hadn't pointed that this is a joke. I was afraid people might not get the joke, since it is, in fact, The Internet.
Signature:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”