Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:The purpose of what I was saying was to spark conversation. I don't think I am being too cautious. I have seen plenty of newbies think that the first day of a game is supposed to last 2-3 real life days and, when they see a few votes on a person, they say, "Okay, I'll just go with the crowd and vote for that person too." And yes, I've seen townies do this. I have seen some really really badly played newbie games. As an IC, I would expect YOU to know that.

And you really think what I said was the scummiest thing you've seen so far? What about this?
muffinhead wrote: fos: sd_reaper, not even i voted for a person who hasnt even posted yet when i first played. Seems very noob scumy if u know what i mean considering u dont know him whatsoever.
Don't take it too harshly, I don't want to lynch you or anything, we're in the early stages of the game. Instead of saying what you did, however, why didn't you point that out before, when you unvoted?

Also, I did, of course, read muffinhead's post. It's obviously flawed logic but I don't see how a newbie making a mistake of not knowing there was a RV stage makes them scum.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Rishi »

I'm not taking it harshly. Sorry if my tone reflected that. However, I don't agree with the theory that townies need to be up front with their motives at every point. I wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get.

And, yes, it is possible that muffinhead didn't know there was a random voting stage. But he has said he played before. And he made the statement after making what was, essentially, a random vote. Is this a scumtell? Perhaps not. Maybe he's just being a newbie. But I would rather hear that from him.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Twiglees »

As I have never played a game of mafia before in my life; does the random voting phase have a purpose over just having a bit of silly fun?[/hr]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Twiglees wrote:As I have never played a game of mafia before in my life; does the random voting phase have a purpose over just having a bit of silly fun?[/hr]
It's not just there for a bit of fun; it's really the only way we can start the game off, as there's nothing to go on. You can see how that's worked in sparking discussion as I've given suspiscions against Rishi.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:46 am

Post by muffinhead »

Rishi wrote:The purpose of what I was saying was to spark conversation. I don't think I am being too cautious. I have seen plenty of newbies think that the first day of a game is supposed to last 2-3 real life days and, when they see a few votes on a person, they say, "Okay, I'll just go with the crowd and vote for that person too." And yes, I've seen townies do this. I have seen some really really badly played newbie games. As an IC, I would expect YOU to know that.

And you really think what I said was the scummiest thing you've seen so far? What about this?
muffinhead wrote: fos: sd_reaper, not even i voted for a person who hasnt even posted yet when i first played. Seems very noob scumy if u know what i mean considering u dont know him whatsoever.
To help u out i have played 1 other game on this site and was a scum lynched on the 2nd page which is humiliating. Thats y i didnt take the rv stage into consideration. Therefore i am most definatly a noob.

Correct me if im wrong but this is the way i c it. our aim is to get as many clues as possible into who is scum and who isnt.

As for twiglees question, I believe the rv stage is used to see if there r any giveaways after doing so. I read that somewhere but cant remeber where lol.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Twiglees
(3):
SD_Reaper, ting =), SpZ

ting =)
(2):
Snailman8, Twiglees

Snailman8
(2):
farside22, muffinhead

Rishi
(1):
Xdaamno

not voting
(1):
Rishi

Five to lynch!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by muffinhead »

unvote
for now untill i hav a clear mind
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by muffinhead »

omg where is everyone, it seems to be a dead game
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:44 am

Post by ting =) »

Lol, it's a little too hasty to make that assumption don't you think? It's only been 1 day since the game started. Actually, seeing as how 3 people have gone to L-2 already, this game is moving pretty fast.
unvote:twiglees.

@muffin. Do you think random voting is scummy? Were you being serious in post 9?
@rishi. What kind of reaction were you expecting in post 26?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Rishi »

ting =) wrote: @rishi. What kind of reaction were you expecting in post 26?
Get an avatar and I'll answer your question.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 am

Post by ting =) »

Heh, alright. I'll be gone for the weekend, I'll post again Monday. I'll go look for an avvy and have one by then.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote:
ting =) wrote: @rishi. What kind of reaction were you expecting in post 26?
Get an avatar and I'll answer your question.
be nice. Just answer the question and ask him to please get an avatar.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Rishi »

Rishi wrote:Also, for those of you without avatars, it's really helpful for us to tell people apart. Though if multiple people get similar avatars, like Nibbler from Futurama for example, then the entire purpose of avatars is defeated. So don't do that.
I already did ask nicely. It didn't work. It's time to resort to more drastic measures.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by muffinhead »

muffinhead wrote:hay guys im also a noob although i have alrady played a game here while waiting for this to start so i definatly have an idea of whats going on.

vote snailman8
it seems to sus to come here and randomly vote someone out. Proberbly will change later but for now lets c what happens.

fos: sd_reaper, not even i voted for a person who hasnt even posted yet when i first played. Seems very noob scumy if u know what i mean considering u dont know him whatsoever.
I was serious but now im not because i understand that u need more info to do. But since there has been a lack in posting it seems its going to be a long long day lol.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Everyone is a saying that this game is slow due to lack of posting lol. I end up checking this site every couple hours looking for new info or perhaps posting myself. But, since this is my first game i find myself not knowing what to say. Kinda like this post itself lol.

I think i should get an avatar as well...lol
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by muffinhead »

SD_Reaper wrote:Everyone is a saying that this game is slow due to lack of posting lol. I end up checking this site every couple hours looking for new info or perhaps posting myself. But, since this is my first game i find myself not knowing what to say. Kinda like this post itself lol.

No thats only me saying that cause i love to whine lol. I havnt got an avatar either and i will worry about that later.

It seems odd that u dont know what to say cause when i was mafia that was exactly how i felt, but as a townie i can just say how i fell from my head.

based on that will
vote SD_reaper
untill i am conivinced u r not mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by muffinhead »

oh i forgot to ask what is a bandonwagon vote?
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

a bandwagon vote is a vote where you vote along with somebody else to turn the attention away from you.

Well, heres the thing muffinhead. Yeah is seems logical that scum would be nervous about what to say in order to make sure they dont get caught. But this also applies for noobs like myself who dont want to end up looking like scum. And, secondly dont you think it logical that i would be nervous to post again right after my first post got me a finger pointed at me?
Sure when your were a townie you can say whatever you want. But on your first game and first post someone is pointing a finger at you, of course your gonna get cautious.lol.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Ok cheers for the response, thats all i asked for

unvote
for now.

I am stil watching u though so u better get really nervous lol.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:
muffinhead wrote:hay guys im also a noob although i have alrady played a game here while waiting for this to start so i definatly have an idea of whats going on.

vote snailman8
it seems to sus to come here and randomly vote someone out. Proberbly will change later but for now lets c what happens.

fos: sd_reaper, not even i voted for a person who hasnt even posted yet when i first played. Seems very noob scumy if u know what i mean considering u dont know him whatsoever.
I was serious but now im not because i understand that u need more info to do. But since there has been a lack in posting it seems its going to be a long long day lol.
We should be starting to move out of the random voting stage now, so there's no reason to stop 'being serious'. Keep looking for scumtells.
SD_Reaper wrote:a bandwagon vote is a vote where you vote along with somebody else to turn the attention away from you.

Well, heres the thing muffinhead. Yeah is seems logical that scum would be nervous about what to say in order to make sure they dont get caught. But this also applies for noobs like myself who dont want to end up looking like scum. And, secondly dont you think it logical that i would be nervous to post again right after my first post got me a finger pointed at me?
Sure when your were a townie you can say whatever you want. But on your first game and first post someone is pointing a finger at you, of course your gonna get cautious.lol.
That's... pretty misleading. A bandwagon is several players voting a player to try and speed the game up, provide pressure, or gather information (when done by town...). It's very common and not scummy in the random voting stage.

A bandwagon vote is basically jumping on this metaphorical bandwagon of a player. I guess it could be used to divert attention, but not moreso than various other tactics.
SD_Reaper wrote:Everyone is a saying that this game is slow due to lack of posting lol. I end up checking this site every couple hours looking for new info or perhaps posting myself. But, since this is my first game i find myself not knowing what to say. Kinda like this post itself lol.

This game is as slow as we all make it... anyone who hasn't posted in the last two days should really give some insight on anything possible, even almost trivial things just so we can get a read on you.

Oh... and also, you guys do need to get avatars pretty soon. For example:

Cracking Idea Mafia
SpZ
SpZ
Townie
SpZ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:04 am

Post by SpZ »

I don't think that rishi is scum because of unvoting. And muffinhead i think it is pretty normal that people wont post in the middle of the night
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Thank you Xdaamno for the real explanation of bandwagoning. There is a big difference between what SD_Reaper said and Xdaamno and can be misleading.
FOS: SD_Reaper
. I only FOS because it could be you may have misunderstood yourself what it really was about, but I've got my eye on you.
Vote: muffinhead

After a vote and comment towards SD_Reaper. I found your quick belief in a non IC very questionable.

unvote for now.

Wishy-washy comments from newbs is scum mistake I see often.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by farside22 »

tee hee forgot to.
unvote:
vote: muffinhead

:oops:
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Xdaamno »

farside22 wrote:Thank you Xdaamno for the real explanation of bandwagoning. There is a big difference between what SD_Reaper said and Xdaamno and can be misleading.
FOS: SD_Reaper
. I only FOS because it could be you may have misunderstood yourself what it really was about, but I've got my eye on you.
Vote: muffinhead

After a vote and comment towards SD_Reaper. I found your quick belief in a non IC very questionable.

unvote for now.

Wishy-washy comments from newbs is scum mistake I see often.
First of all, I can guarantee you that is what bandwagoning is; you can verify that with the link I gave.

Secondly, and more importantly... why the FOS on SD? I was clarifying what he said, but making a mistake about what bandwagoning is is hardly scummy; unless you're suggesting his 'master plan' is to slightly confuse the townies for no real benifet whatsoever, hoping that none of the 3 ICs actually knows what bandwagoning is.
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:14 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Xdaamo, I love that avatar suggestion! But frankly, im having trouble getting my avatar to appear lol. So it might be about a week before i get one, possibly sooner if my friend can talk me through it over the phone. Also, did you make that image or did you find it? Cuz if you found it, tell me the link.

its too early for me to be sure who scum is.
unvote: twiglees

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”