Jester

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Iammars wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Iammars wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
FoS Iammars..

Why exactly do you feel that BM is a better vote than Has or myself?
BM hasn't really been feeling great with me all game, which is slightly unusual, but that last post just flipped the trigger. It is impossible for anyone to be overdefensive.
Wtf are you on about? Of course its possible to be over-defensive. -.-

And your meta is a lie btw. As far as i recall, we have only played 1 game together recently, and in that, you felt suspicious of me if i recall correctly...

BM
A town member has the right to be as defensive as he wants. He knows he's town, so he wants to prevent his lynch as much as possible. Therefore, you can't fault overdefensiveness.

And I read a lot of other games. I develop metas based on games I'm not in.
Thats too vague for my tastes. How about you try naming these games, so we can tell whether u are bsing or not?
Oh and btw, i think youre misinterpreted over-defensiveness there. Obviously when you are actually under real pressure, being defensive isnt so bad. But OVER-defensiveness is defensiveness when it isnt really necessary from a town perspective.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:39 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Amen Gnome.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Holy »

Sorry, I haven't got a time to post now. I'll catch up tomorrow.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Flew back into town yesterday, and I will not have the time to read this game until Saturday (possibly Friday).

[This sentence is here because I cannot post with the same text I used in my last post].
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Thesp »

Official D4 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

curiouskarmadog - 4
(hasdgfas, Beep! Beep!, Battle Mage, curiouskarmadog)
Battle Mage - 1
(Iammars)

Not Voting - 6
(Mizzy, Holy, Mastermind of Sin, Mr_Gnome_It_All, petroleumjelly, Mathcam)

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline in ~10.25 days.

Everyone has posted within the last 72 hours. Thanks!
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by mathcam »

The number of posts in this game of the form "I cannot post now. I will post on day X" followed by a total lack of posts on day X from that person is simply astounding.

I still think ckd is scum, and I think his self-vote is just further confirmation.

Cam
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

The kind of frustration that CKD is experimenting appears genuine. I have done exactly that myself, several times, out of frustration.

I will give him breathing room.

Also our replacement hasn't read yet.

unvote
Beep! Beep!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Beep! Beep! wrote:The kind of frustration that CKD is experimenting appears genuine. I have done exactly that myself, several times, out of frustration.

unvote
I'm working on it! I've got most of it skimmed but notes aren't ready yet.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mathcam wrote:The number of posts in this game of the form "I cannot post now. I will post on day X" followed by a total lack of posts on day X from that person is simply astounding.

I still think ckd is scum, and I think his self-vote is just further confirmation.

Cam
then why the unvote?!....please sweet jesus hang/vig Has and mathcam after I go!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Iammars »

Beep! Beep! wrote:The kind of frustration that CKD is experimenting appears genuine. I have done exactly that myself, several times, out of frustration.

unvote
But wait, I thought you were a brand new player! :wink:

But seriously, Battle Mage is the real scum here.

And vigging mathcam is a bad idea. That guy's obv. protown.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

mathcam is acting protown, but that doesn't mean that he is.

CKD, mathcam is not voting for you, nor has he unvoted for you, unless I missed something somewhere. I'm the one that unvoted you.

I still doubt that has is scum, though, I have a hard time reconciling the two players' contradictory accounts.
Beep! Beep!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Holy »

hasdgfas wrote:lynch CKD ;)
<grinning> I'm leaning on that actually.

Battle Mage wrote:
Holy wrote:^Somewhat yup, I just realized what I underlined, lol. No, I don't think MeMe was that scummy. I'm still unsure about MeMe/mathcam, tbh.
ok, what has Mathcam done to make you feel that way?

BM
"it's rather advantageous for scum to know how every person feels about every other person", Mathcam said.
I can see his point, because personally I'm not fond with PBPA too, people can change their minds, opinion is dynamic along with the game progress, besides that, scum tend to twist our words from it.
But, the way PJ put his assignments, didn't feel like there's something scummy beneath it.
So, I'm just not sure whether or not Mathcam's refusal motive was truly like what he said.

curiouskarmadog wrote:ugh, I am tired of arguing with this town...you deserve to lose..

unvote Has, vote CKD

thats is negative one kids...lets see which scum jumps in and hammers me
I'm still considering whether hasdgfas' claim VS the quack the day before is legit or not, but with you voting yourself, my impression towards you just not getting any better >.>
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by mathcam »

ckd/Beep: I unvoted because I don't want the day to end yet. Though I have no desire to see the day drag on endlessly, I at least want to wait until PJ gets back and reacts to the impending ckd lynch.

Holy: I've conceded that there was a minor ulterior motive in that I disliked the tone of PJ's posts. There was probably a hint of laziness in there somwhere as well. Other than that, I stand by my motive.

Cam
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I had no intention of posting tonight, but I had some free time (i.e. was procrastinating on homework) and thought it would be worth the time to try to get a better meta on Thesp's set-ups (Mini 232, Mini 422, Mini 356) and found I have had a very similar discussion with DGB concerning me asking questions.

Beep! Beep! (and mathcam, if you're at all interested), please reread some of Sanity Mafia starting with my Post 101, and then tell me what you think.

~~~~~

I will mention that none of Thesp's games included a role-blocker of any sort, nor any roles with post restrictions or abilities I would really call 'random'.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Reasons to disbelieve hasdgfas's claim

1.)
No person in a Thesp game has ever had a post restriction.
2.)
After breaking his 'restriction', there were no tangible negative effects that he or others can see.
3.)
The A-word and the H-word never had anything to do with Thespival. We simply played a regular game of Mostly Mute.
4.)
No Thesp game has ever required for a player to achieve a stated objective in-thread to gain an ability of any sort.*
5.)
No Thesp game has ever had a 'random' ability (such as JoaT).
6.)
He basically has to rely on "doublekill" explanation for the Sarcastro kill on Night Two. Not only that, but he hedged his bets ahead of time by continually brining in double-kill possibility.
7.)
No explanation for why he chose to track CKD.
8.)
Claimed that his stalling for why he was not describing what his card looked like – namely, that he wanted a consensus -- "twas joke". I can actually understand somebody wanting a consensus before claiming something like that, but calling it a
joke
does not make sense to me.

Reasons to believe hasdgfas's claim

1.)
The Mostly Mute game at Thespival was particularly memorable, and no other player has a similar claimed restriction or anything related to that game.
2.)
It is not clear whether hasdgfas had knowledge about this particular game of Thespival (i.e. may not have known to fake this particular restriction).

Reasons to disbelieve CKD's claim

1.)
His breadcrumb was extraordinarily late in the game.
2.)
Although he does have a plausible explanation for the explanation of his late breadcrumb (see: reason to believe #1), it also would be a plausible thing for scum to breadcrumb at that point in time, if he was frightened that Pooky would indeed claim the result that Talitha was targeted by CKD and one other player and he had actually killed Talitha that night.
3.)
At least according to mathcam, CKD did not deny having targeted Pooky (although I personally think voting hasdgfas is a denial in itself).
4.)
Thesp has never used a role-blocker of any sort in any of his games so far.
5.)
He has only claimed to have targeted dead players with his ability.

Reasons to believe CKD's claim

1.)
His breadcrumb actually did come at a logical point in time; Pooky had claimed to watch two players target Talitha, and at that point CKD left his crumb (having claimed to have targeted Talitha on both N1 and N2). His breadcrumb is also very 'solid' in the sense he repeated it three times so there could be no arguments from 'coincidence' thrust against him.
2.)
After having isolated all of his posts, I see no indication of any other breadcrumbs for roles in any of CKD's posts (although his sentences did form the word "tit" quite often, if that is of any significance).
3.)
After having looked at Mini 486 (where CKD breadcrumbed Mason), his crumb-type is consistent with that which he dropped in this game.

~~~~~

At the very least, I do believe that CKD targeted Talitha on N2 (given his breadcrumb in reaction to Pooky), but I am not sure what this says about his alignment as of yet. If CKD is scum, this would essentially necessitate CKD having killed on both N2 (Talitha) and N3 (Pooky), which is certainly a plausible theory (in that an otherwise 'ignored' player kills two experienced players).

I am still deciding what to think about what CKD might have otherwise claimed. He could have simply agreed that he had targeted Pooky last night, but that he was also a role-blocker. Either way, he would be claiming to have targeted two players in a row that had been nightkilled (either {Talitha, RW} or {Talitha, Pooky}). Of course, in so doing he would essentially be confirming that hasdgfas likely has a tracking ability. I am leaning towards the belief that if CKD were scum, he actually
would
deny having targeted Pooky, since it would at least give the town another immediate 'option' for a lynch choice.

Regardless, this is probably a waste of my time. Even if I conclude that I think hasdgfas is scum and CKD is town (which I am actually starting to lean towards, after having reflected on the issue over the course of a small vacation – pending my question at the end of this post, at least), CKD will probably be today's lynch despite what I say.

Question for CKD: What do you mean when you say there are "two pictures" on your card?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Almost forgot this:

Reasons to Disbelieve CKD's claim

6.)
Accuses Beep! Beep! of "guiding" hasdgfas through his claim, which I do not agree with; what hasdgfas was claiming was clear enough to me, and I can see any player having asked for clarification.

Other matters.

1.)
Yes, BM, I asked you three questions in Post 1477. You also answered them.

2.)
Kick: MoS in the pants
. Jesus criminy, start playing. You have posted about 100 times in "The Lost Boys" Mafia even after it is finished, but you can't find the time to post here? Get your priorities straight. It is difficult for me to imagine a townsperson who knows there have been
nine town deaths and no scum deaths
be
this
lax about a game. I am really starting to get suspicious of you, bub. I can completely understand that you've been away, been playing Brawl, and been having computer problems, but you have never really seemed to me to be a part of the
town
in this game as of yet; you have definitely struck me more as an observer than a participant.

3.)
mathcam wrote:This is a game, not a job.
I would like to mention that I do consider mafia a job, and not a game. It's been that way for me for over a year.

4.)
The Battle Mage 'interrogation' on Mizzy was not a good one, in my book. What are the chances of a random player replacing into a game being a
lyncher
? Practically none. The chances of this equating to any sort of 'information' was practically none. He does get points for effort, though.

5.)
I obviously will not be pursuing mathcam on the basis that he did not answer my questions while I was gone, but he is now officially on my "makes Jelly very sad" list.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Reasons to believe hasdgfas's claim

3.)
Immediacy of reaction to Farside22's claiming to have Quack-Killed Sarcastro via a vote on Farside22.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:43 am

Beep, Mathcam has unvoted me....I dont believe his reason, I think that he doesnt want to assocaited with my lynch..

unvote
, I think that scum most likely are already on my wagon..or was on my wagon...

Iammars, the lynch today is obviously Has or myself...why are you voting BM? This should be noted! IF/when I hang this should really be looked into.

PJ, my card has two pictures on the top of it (different than just the one picture, EX: just a picture of McCoy for the doctor). One picture is something that looks like a city with buildings, the building all have slanted roofs. I really don’t have a clue what the first picture is. The second picture is of children’s blocks (3 stacked on each other).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

I am hugely impressed with the depth and apparent accuracy of PJ's post.

I agree with the MoS kick in the pants, he should be looked at with a fine tooth comb tomorrow.

Having seen CKD go down the drain as an innocent in Heroes Smalltown, I see a repeat performance here.

I'm going to do something brazen.

vote: hasdagas
Beep! Beep!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

manipulating meta?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:42 am

well I need to reaplce my vote,
Vote Has.

Speaking of repeat performance, I will be amazed if Beep's vote stays on Has.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

if CKD is scum, this town is unbelievably fucked. If Has is scum, its no biggie. CKD knows why.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:35 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I am not understanding the "rooftop" image CKD is describing, but I do know the "blocks" image is correct in terms of role-blocker. However, when I woke up this morning I had the distinct feeling that Thesp has commented on role-blockers before, and I managed to find a thread where Thesp shares his opinion on role-blockers:

Here and and here. Of course, in that same thread Thesp
also
mentions how he does not like using Tracker roles (technically not the same as a 1-Shot Tracking ability, but you can judge for yourself) here. He goes further when he claims that he "100% agrees" with Kelly Chen when she says "don't use trackers" in this post.

I'll need to decide what this means. I am not sure I have ever run across Thesp making any commentary on JoaTs or otherwise random roles.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:59 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

And actually, the overview of the city is correct -- I had only remembered the children's playing blocks for the role-blocker. Curiouser and curiouser.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Iammars »

petroleumjelly wrote:And actually, the overview of the city is correct -- I had only remembered the children's playing blocks for the role-blocker. Curiouser and curiouser.
You do realize that we can get access to all the pictures of the non-green cards, right?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”