Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Snailman8 »

vote: ting =)

for being waaaaay too happy

for the new guys:

Check out these pages, theyl help out a bit!
Commonly used abbreviations
Category:Logical Fallacies
Metagaming
~~Who are you to wave your FoS?~~
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

haha! fyi, Im not an IC yet :P still need another completed game under my belt.

Anyways, just to piss everyone off, Im gonna have very limited internet access till tuesday, going out of town to see ozzy osbourne, alice cooper and kiss just to name a few, im really sorry about that, well not really..
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

vote snailman8 it seems to sus to come here and randomly vote someone out.

haha its the random voting stage of the game.

IMO not alot of substance comes out of the first page,

Your acting awefully careful tho...
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Snailman8 »

unvote

Im back just about to catch up woth the game, hang on!
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Snailman8 »

right, this is gonna be short and sharp cos I have places to be that arnt infront of the computer. Which is unfottunate, but it happens...

vote: muffinhead

FoS: SD_Reaper

Its way to early to be making calls like that in posts 62, 63.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Alrity then here we go.
most of this has been disccusd since I put my vote on, but Ill go over it anyway.

My vote and FoS was based around the apparent sence of certainty that SD and Muffinhead had re the spz/rishi scumpartnership.
SD wrote: I believe that Spz definately made a noob scum tell by sticking up for him.
It is very likely that Spz and Rishi could be the two scum.
muffinhead wrote:So rishi is not the only person to have unvoted which is a poor reason not to unvote somebody. Therefore this is made me believe that spz knows something none of us do and/or is trying to hide somthing from us. Finally because he isnt an ic i am assuming that it is a poor attempt to defend his partner in crime from being lynched.

Would everyone here agree that if spz is scum then rishi is as well and vice versa? I reckon lets all keep an eye out.
Things like this. IMO there has been nowhere enough conversation to pin together scumpartners yet. And to stand up for somebody can also be merely a townie standing up for another townie who they think has been overdone. If you want proof of that, check out newbie499, I was town and soent alot of my time protecting who was town...

Im still lost with the unvote comment, which unvote were you talking about?
muffinhead wrote:So i beg the question,
y the vote straight away?
I assume this was directed at me?

If it was, my vote was there not only to emphasise my suspicions but like I think Rishi said earlier on, to spark debate and maybe pressure muffin into explaining his actions little further. So far Im happy with the result.

My vote is going to stay where it is
for the time being
for these reasons:
muffinhead wrote: remember i havnt voted yet and will not vote on anyone untill i have a certain decision or explain otherwise
well why didnt you vote? with serious allegations like that, even if it was just a charade, a vote would usually be appropriate. It seems to me like not voting was a bit of a planned fall back just incase things started to go wrong. Especially considering that earlier on you planted a vote on SD for that lasted all of one post. Tht action and your above comment are rather contradictory arnt they?
Rishi wrote:
Muffinhead wrote:Remeber i am sill waiting for a response from spz and the longer it takes the more sus i will become of it. ill post back in a minute.
Here's what I don't like about this statement. There could be a lot of reasons why spz hasn't posted, most of which have nothing to do with the game. He could be busy or he could have found out the game isn't as much fun as he thought it'd be, or he might have simply forgotten. Until we know that, it's really easy to pick on him, but that doesn't mean he's scum.
QFT

If theres anything more that you want answers for, because chances are Ive missed something or not made it as clear as you like, feel free to ask.
ps, muffinhead dont panic, I'm not after your lynch... yet

also
ting =) wrote:Oh, and expect the game to last a couple of weeks.
not always, in my first game, D1 lasted at least a month.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Snailman8 »

sorry, havent been around vury much as of late, been absolutly busy. Im going to go like this.

unvote

Vote: SD_Reaper

more input!
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

SD_Reaper wrote:farside22, I understand your reasoning and will try my best to be as helpful as possible and give more input. However I am not scum, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you.

On the other hand, Snailman8, can you please explain your reasoning for voting me. I understand i made what now seems to be a regretable suspicion on who the scum is. But i dont follow how these suspicions point me to be scum.
The first of that post is what Im talking about. comments like "However I am not scum, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you." are not helpful at all, they are what is known as a null tell. this is because it doesnt help anyone at all by simply saying "im not scum". Hell I could be scum and say that.

Your suspicions on the other hand, I have no problemm with, it is the way in which you justify or explain your suspicions that troubles me.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

sorry for the absence guys!
Snail - I don't trust you, you're a Kiss fan, sorry.
But I think based on what I've seem that I'm going to

Vote: Snail
lol welcome aboard!

Aside from your mistrust of Kiss fans, what else have you seen that you dont like?
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

Im back again!

@ icemanE: you playstyle makes me want to cry. If you were an experianced player my vote would be pretty much on you atm. This is for your comments so far rather than anything else..
re your SD/X muck up, im tossing it in the mistake pile for the time being.

unvote

@SD not convinced enough to warrent a L-1. My vote was to get you talking, not to get you lynched (take note Iceman)
muffin wrote: S8- well to me he hasnt contributed enough either and just like twiggles he has voted in the majority. If i had done this scumlist 3 pages back he would be right up on my scumlist because he started the game with 3 votes and didnt respond for approx 4 days. Then ever since has voted in a big group looking desperate for a lynch. He has gone quiet again however he has explained himself since and now i am less sus of him.
once again sorry for lack. whats really going to suck is 2 weeks time, Ill be off on a camp with **no** net access.

As for the desperate lynch comment, Im not looking for a lynch at all, my votes ( as mentioned above) I've been using it to get people like SD talking, if that requires being the second or third vote on someone then so be it.

so to answer your question, while I dont find SD as scummy as IcemanE does, your still high on my list. So is SD but im not ready to lynch anyone yet

IcemanE is sitting in my person-to-lynch-if-we-are-at-deadline-and-have-to-lynch-someone box.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

EBWOP: the "your" in "your still high on my list" refers to muffin
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

Im really sorry guys but I think Im gonna have to opt out of the game, Im very over commited at the moment. Got 4 days to do an assignment thats meant to take 3 weeks directly followed by a period of a week where I'll have no access whatsoever. And thats just not fair on you guys.

mod can i please by replaced

sorry guys

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”