Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 am

Post by icemanE »

Xdaamno wrote:
icemanE wrote:Hey, I'm from New Hampshire, and nope, I haven't played it anywhere else. I actually just found out about it yesterday, was looking at the wiki site for the show "Death Note" and somehow wound up at Mafia through those little blue links, haha, sounded like a cool idea so I looked around for awhile and found this site
Ah, there is a Death Note mafia-style DS game, if I remember correctly. Cool.

Yep, wikipedia is pretty wild.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I'm waiting for more from SD. Here is what you can do. Look at each player and write your thoughts on each and how they are playing the game. You do this and I will look at it and decide from there how hard you are trying to play.
FYI I will be out on V/LA from April 3rd to April 9th.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:33 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Hey, I'm from New Hampshire, and nope, I haven't played it anywhere else. I actually just found out about it yesterday, was looking at the wiki site for the show "Death Note" and somehow wound up at Mafia through those little blue links, haha, sounded like a cool idea so I looked around for awhile and found this site
Hey iceman, hows it goin. Just welcoming you to the game and hope you have a fun time. Btw, i love deathnote and have seen every episode.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:38 am

Post by icemanE »

farside22 wrote:Well I'm waiting for more from SD. Here is what you can do. Look at each player and write your thoughts on each and how they are playing the game. You do this and I will look at it and decide from there how hard you are trying to play.

That's a good idea, I'll just lay out what I'm thinking so I can sort of, catch up, I guess.

Muffin - You seem too confident too really trust, and I agree with an early comment that it seemed like you were trying to rush the game along to get to the "night stage". You also mentioned that you were scum in your previous game and killed early on, you'd probably want this game to hurry along so you could get some action in if you were scum again since you missed your chance last time.

Rishi - I like that you withdrew the random Twig vote early in the game, I didn't know about the random vote stage but it seems smart to put out a vote then take it back to see who reacts.

SD - You genuinely seem to want to understand how to play which makes me somewhat suspicious, but also takes some of that suspicion away, tough to say where I stand on you right now.

Snail - I don't trust you, you're a Kiss fan, sorry.

Twig - You seem like you're actually new to this game, as you say, so I have to trust you at least a little, as I'm in the same situation. Also, you didn't seem too nervous when you were backed into a corner with 3 votes early in the game.

Xdaamno - You voted very early on Twig on a whim, I guess that's the random voting stage for you but it seemed a little suspicious.

I don't really have anything solid on Farside or Ting yet.

But I think based on what I've seem that I'm going to

Vote: Snail

because I just feel like he and X might have something going on between them, we'll see what comes up.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:38 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

SD_Reaper
(3):
Twiglees, farside22, Snailman8

Rishi
(2):
Xdaamno, SD_Reaper

Snailman8
(1):
icemanE

not voting
(3):
muffinhead, Rishi, ting =)

Lynch at five.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

sorry for the absence guys!

lol welcome aboard!

Aside from your mistrust of Kiss fans, what else have you seen that you dont like?
~~Who are you to wave your FoS?~~
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
SAID BY ME-

Bah! I would like to hear more from others, as I'd expect the only reason I'm finding so many more things wrong with you is because you're the one posting so much; but criticising me for being lurkish and then doing a complete 180 and saying I've contributed most out of everyone here is buddying, and not a good way to win me over :/
First of all i never criticised u, I am asking questions and doing the best i can to find scum and u. Also it seems that when i said the orginal question was for twiggles its as if u think if changed the question at the last minute. I would go into detial but the same thing would happen i would explain then x would critisice me for rying to defend myself which isnt even the point.

anyways moving on

quote from sd
Hey iceman, hows it goin. Just welcoming you to the game and hope you have a fun time. Btw, i love deathnote and have seen every episode.
We have all been waiting for an explination or a contribution, and u come on here and say hi to icemam which is np, but then to be on and not explain urself? well it doesnt make sense to me espically if u arnt scum.

That's a good idea, I'll just lay out what I'm thinking so I can sort of, catch up, I guess.

Muffin - You seem too confident too really trust, and I agree with an early comment that it seemed like you were trying to rush the game along to get to the "night stage". You also mentioned that you were scum in your previous game and killed early on, you'd probably want this game to hurry along so you could get some action in if you were scum again since you missed your chance last time.

Rishi - I like that you withdrew the random Twig vote early in the game, I didn't know about the random vote stage but it seems smart to put out a vote then take it back to see who reacts.

SD - You genuinely seem to want to understand how to play which makes me somewhat suspicious, but also takes some of that suspicion away, tough to say where I stand on you right now.

Twig - You seem like you're actually new to this game, as you say, so I have to trust you at least a little, as I'm in the same situation. Also, you didn't seem too nervous when you were backed into a corner with 3 votes early in the game.

Xdaamno - You voted very early on Twig on a whim, I guess that's the random voting stage for you but it seemed a little suspicious.

because I just feel like he and X might have something going on between them, we'll see what comes up.
wow there r plenty of things i dont like there.

first of all u seem to want to agree with what spz has said when considering all the 6 pages of info u had to point out that it was smart to unvote rishi.

As for twig, he never wouldve been lynched on the 2nd page so he/she had no reason to feel the pressure to an extreme way.

I dont understand how xd votting for twig makes him sus when it was the rv stage, a little more explination

But most importantly y the vote for snail, so far u have said u dont trust him cause hes a kiss fan and also that he might be partnerd with xd, all of this without a proper explination.

So i ask politly, is there another reason for the snail vote? if so then y.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by icemanE »

Hey Snail, nothing personal, the Kiss thing was just a joke. Looking back ath the forum it actually seems like, if anybody has anything going on with X, its muffin. It just seems like, if there are two mafia guys, they'd want to stick up for each other. On page 2:
Also, I did, of course, read muffinhead's post. It's obviously flawed logic but I don't see how a newbie making a mistake of not knowing there was a RV stage makes them scum.
Later X questions the vote for muffinhead:

Fair enough, by I'd like a little more explanation when you have time.
So I'll
unvote
for now, just a little joke.

So in response to Muffinhead's inquiries:
first of all u seem to want to agree with what spz has said when considering all the 6 pages of info u had to point out that it was smart to unvote rishi.
I'm not too sure what this means... if I'm mimicking spz, its not intentional, but I don't see the connection with the Rishi comment.
As for twig, he never wouldve been lynched on the 2nd page so he/she had no reason to feel the pressure to an extreme way.
This is my first game, I wasn't too sure how quickly these things sometimes progress... if I had to guess I'd say some games end rather quickly though, so perhaps it was a lack-of-experience-mistake - however, I still think that if someone can hold their cool under a vote like that it says something about them.
I dont understand how xd votting for twig makes him sus when it was the rv stage, a little more explination
I think anyone voting for anyone at any point is fairly suspicious and has to be considered, don't you?
But most importantly y the vote for snail, so far u have said u dont trust him cause hes a kiss fan and also that he might be partnerd with xd, all of this without a proper explination.

Nah just a joke, and the way Snail reacted after I voted:
lol welcome aboard!

Aside from your mistrust of Kiss fans, what else have you seen that you dont like?
makes me think that perhaps he's not scum, i know that's a loose assumption but he seems pretty cool with being voted for.

So that's that. I'm going to
Vote: Muffinhead
You seem really, really defensive.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by muffinhead »

icemanE wrote:Hey Snail, nothing personal, the Kiss thing was just a joke. Looking back ath the forum it actually seems like, if anybody has anything going on with X, its muffin. It just seems like, if there are two mafia guys, they'd want to stick up for each other. On page 2:
Also, I did, of course, read muffinhead's post. It's obviously flawed logic but I don't see how a newbie making a mistake of not knowing there was a RV stage makes them scum.
Later X questions the vote for muffinhead:

Fair enough, by I'd like a little more explanation when you have time.
So I'll
unvote
for now, just a little joke.

So in response to Muffinhead's inquiries:
I'm not too sure what this means... if I'm mimicking spz, its not intentional, but I don't see the connection with the Rishi comment.
This is my first game, I wasn't too sure how quickly these things sometimes progress... if I had to guess I'd say some games end rather quickly though, so perhaps it was a lack-of-experience-mistake - however, I still think that if someone can hold their cool under a vote like that it says something about them.
I think anyone voting for anyone at any point is fairly suspicious and has to be considered, don't you?

Nah just a joke, and the way Snail reacted after I voted:
lol welcome aboard!

makes me think that perhaps he's not scum, i know that's a loose assumption but he seems pretty cool with being voted for.

So that's that. I'm going to
Vote: Muffinhead
You seem really, really defensive.

Well first of all u rarly vote for a joke, maybe at the beginning of a game but once a game has started and gone on for a couple of weeks like this one, it really doesnt have an effect.

Also not every vote is considered sus because at the start the votes usually dont have much effect.

Doesnt seem like smart play however it is ur first game like half of us here and i think that is the reason, we were all like that, u could also say i was far worse.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Rishi »

Just out of curiosity, why are people still voting me? I know I am not participating in this game as much as I should be, but I haven't really seen people make any solid arguments against me in a while. So, Xdaamno and SD_Reaper, if you have reasons that you think I'm scum, I'd like to hear them, because you haven't been discussing it in a while.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote: Xdaamno - You voted very early on Twig on a whim, I guess that's the random voting stage for you but it seemed a little suspicious.
I can
guarantee
you voting in the random voting stage is not a scumtell whatsoever, as both alignments do it. Actually, since scum are occasionally more careful about random voting, you could say it was a town tell.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
farside22 wrote:Well I'm waiting for more from SD. Here is what you can do. Look at each player and write your thoughts on each and how they are playing the game. You do this and I will look at it and decide from there how hard you are trying to play.

Actually, the more I look at this post the more suspsicious, wishy-washy and opportunistic in general in looks to me.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:34 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Rishi, now that I look back on it you seem to be even more suspicious than i thought. Since page 3 up till now, you have not posted anything insightful, defended yourself, or posted any of your suspicions. Even I, who doesnt post much (but plans in posting more), has stated some of my suspicions and and tried to defend myself. But it seems you arent contributing that much at all which means that you could either be a really inactive player in the game or you could scum who is just trying to be careful.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Twiglees, post more.

Scum prediction: Iceman and SD_Reaper.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Actually, I'm looking at farside too.

There's my thoughts right now for the record.
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 am

Post by icemanE »

Actually, the more I look at this post the more suspsicious, wishy-washy and opportunistic in general in looks to me.
Yeah, I don't wanna piss anybody off too much too early, this is my first game, after all. We'll see how that goes.
I can guarantee you voting in the random voting stage is not a scumtell whatsoever, as both alignments do it. Actually, since scum are occasionally more careful about random voting, you could say it was a town tell.
This is an interesting point, and makes sense, thanks for the tip. I guess I'll shut up for awhile.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:40 am

Post by icemanE »

Xdaamno wrote:EBWOP: Actually, I'm looking at farside too.

What's EBWOP?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:Rishi, now that I look back on it you seem to be even more suspicious than i thought. Since page 3 up till now, you have not posted anything insightful, defended yourself, or posted any of your suspicions. Even I, who doesnt post much (but plans in posting more), has stated some of my suspicions and and tried to defend myself. But it seems you arent contributing that much at all which means that you could either be a really inactive player in the game or you could scum who is just trying to be careful.
Or, I'm just really busy. I'm starting to get less busy and I'll have more time for this game, but sometimes real life interferes with Mafia.

Also, icemanE, EBWOP means "Edit By Way of Post." You'll notice we're not allowed to edit what we say in a game thread (in case someone says something suspicious by accident, they can't cover it up) and so our only option to edit what we say is by making another post.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, icemanE, EBWOP means "Edit By Way of Post." You'll notice we're not allowed to edit what we say in a game thread (in case someone says something suspicious by accident, they can't cover it up) and so our only option to edit what we say is by making another post.
Ah I see, thanks.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Can you explain further why? I don't care for a point of suspicion without reason.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Xdaamno »

farside22 wrote:

Can you explain further why? I don't care for a point of suspicion without reason.
Then don't. I'm don't particularly care what your opinion of your own scuminess is. Right now, I'm just getting a vibe off you. I'd rather not spend 45 minutes chasing that up for your piece of mind, sorry.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
Yeah, I don't wanna piss anybody off too much too early, this is my first game, after all. We'll see how that goes.
I can guarantee you voting in the random voting stage is not a scumtell whatsoever, as both alignments do it. Actually, since scum are occasionally more careful about random voting, you could say it was a town tell.
This is an interesting point, and makes sense, thanks for the tip. I guess I'll shut up for awhile.
Oh, that's cool. Town vibes.

(I'll do an analysis sometime in the next day or two).
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Rishi »

Rishi wrote:Just out of curiosity, why are people still voting me? I know I am not participating in this game as much as I should be, but I haven't really seen people make any solid arguments against me in a while. So, Xdaamno and SD_Reaper, if you have reasons that you think I'm scum, I'd like to hear them, because you haven't been discussing it in a while.
Hey, Xdaamno. Not sure if you missed this post, but I'd like an answer to this.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Twiglees »

My post time is currently fairly restricted; however I will have the next fortnight off; so I will hopefully be very active during that period. icemanE, welcome to the game; I hope you will be much more activde than spZ.

To Muffinhead; I believe the circumstances has changed since my post. To start off; I was not convinced of your scumminess; it would be foolish to do so unless you said "OMG I'm teh Scum!!11" and quoted your role PM; then you probably would have been lynched/modkilled alread. You were the most suspicious at that point of the game; since then you have been useful for the town and been very active (not like me). SD_Reaper, however, seemed to take a different path in the same circumstances. He seems to be actively lurking while they nothing to post; not even unvoting when they are voting for a person who is not really that high on my scumlist. Muffinhead; please state why you think that the circumstances have not changed enough for my earlier reasons to still be relevent.

I aslo advise no one of add additional votes onto the current SD_Reaper "wagon", for the lack of the better word, as Lynch -1 is still risky unless totally sure.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 am

Post by icemanE »

icemanE, welcome to the game; I hope you will be much more activde than spZ.
Ha, I promise I will be.
I aslo advise no one of add additional votes onto the current SD_Reaper "wagon", for the lack of the better word, as Lynch -1 is still risky unless totally sure.
What's lynch - 1?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”