opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 am

Post by opie »

I get the feeling that this is more of a safe claim. To me, a vanilla claim does not prove to me one way or another. The only claims that make me stop and think are power claims. I think we need to avoid the trap that good guys historically will be town and bad guys historically will be scum. Especially when there are figures that could go either way. Christopher Columbus for example could be cast in either a good guy or bad guy role, depending on which side of the ocean you lived.

Sarcastro, I know that Shakespeare fits in the theme, but what makes this claim so believable. I know you asked us not to ask you, but I'm going to anyway.

I agree with armlx about not liking choatic_diablo's Post 140. I get the sense that it he could be scum giving himself an out if he needs to bus his scum buddy depending on the number of votes at deadline.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Rigel (3): DeanWinchester, opie, armlx
Dean Winchester (2): aioqwe, Sarcastro
Andersonw (1): Rigel
chaotic_diablo (1): ZONEACE

Not voting (4): springlullaby, skitzer, andersonw, chaotic_diablo

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch. Deadline: March 19
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:06 am

Post by armlx »

opie wrote:I get the feeling that this is more of a safe claim. To me, a vanilla claim does not prove to me one way or another.
I endorse this product.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am

Post by skitzer »

ZONEACE wrote:
skitzer wrote:Possibly. With twelve important people, I don't know what to expect. Shakespeare doesn't seem dangerous, so probably no. I can imagine the scum are evil people like Hitler and George III.
right but the scum were also probably given safe claims.
I don't think so. It seems against the spirit of the game to make safe claims, because it iis the twelve most famous people, and shouldn't it only remain that way?

aioqwe, I'm not sure what to think of your constant wanting of people to post. I can see how it is pro-town, but also how you could also be scum trying to look for something to hop on and bandwagon.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:51 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

ZONEACE wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:Rigel's claim seems believable, though I'm still getting a nagging feeling. I'll place a vote by the deadline.

unvote

Vote CD
after your prod thats it??? the little "I'll vote by the deadline" screams I'll play it safe and see where everyone is and do something to not stand out. TAKE A STAND. Stop trying to be a hiding scum.
I said the claim was believable, not that I believed it. I want to look over my case on Rigel so that I may make a final decision on whether I want my vote on Rigel or not.
aioqwe wrote:wait, uh, what was the case against rigel again?
Refer to post 101. That's the case I made on Rigel.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 am

Post by armlx »

Lawrencelot wrote: -Mass-claiming is allowed, but not recommended, as the mafia has safeclaims available.
Skitz, the scum have safe claims.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

Post by skitzer »

Oooh...OK.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Rigel »

Lawrencelot wrote:
aioqwe wrote:unvote vote: andersonw
Be sure to bold your votes. This will not be counted.

Likewise, Rigel's vote is still on andersonw because he didn't unvote.

I don't do proxying.
Okay,
Unvote: andersonw

Vote: Dean
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by armlx »

RigelScum is getting desperate. Look at him squirm.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 am

Post by aioqwe »

skitzer wrote:aioqwe, I'm not sure what to think of your constant wanting of people to post. I can see how it is pro-town, but also how you could also be scum trying to look for something to hop on and bandwagon.
No I would just attack people for lurking or hop on the rigel wagon.

Why are people saying shakespeare should have a pr? Does anyone have a pr? Is anyone posting any comments that would be wonderfully in theme with their character, i.e. talking with an accect/dialect, posting in other languages, talking about maps, or math, or physics or whatnot?

Why is Rigel squirming as you put it armlx?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 am

Post by armlx »

Look at it. Hmm, vote Andersonw. Crap, too close to deadline, must get Dean lynched.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Sarcastro »

There is really absolutely no excuse for anyone not to be voting at this point. Seriously, that's just terrible play.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:25 am

Post by armlx »

Sarcastro wrote:There is really absolutely no excuse for anyone not to be voting at this point. Seriously, that's just terrible play.
Says Mr. just voted last page.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:46 am

Post by skitzer »

Although this game is a theme, I feel like it is pretty normal, a few power roles. Probably no post restrictions, but if there are, I'd expect one or two.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Rigel »

armlx wrote:Look at it. Hmm, vote Andersonw. Crap, too close to deadline, must get Dean lynched.
Umm...no.

More like "Crap, didn't realize we had to unvote, re-vote for the person I was previously 'voting' for".

But, if you'd rather,
Unvote: Dean

Vote: Armlx

Not only because you're pushing for my lynch a little harder than is really necessary at this point, but because you were originally against Opie just as much as you were against me, and then dropped your argument against him for the express purpose of voting for me. Especially since you and him have been buddy-buddy ever since.
Show

Knowledge is power.

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

armlx wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:There is really absolutely no excuse for anyone not to be voting at this point. Seriously, that's just terrible play.
Says Mr. just voted last page.
Um, what are you talking about? I've been voting for over a month.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by armlx »

Rigel: I'm hardly buddy-buddy. Just with your claim and the impending dead line and your latest vote hopping I'm very inclined to I'm inclined to believe you are scum.

Sarc: I was counting you proxying your vote as not voting.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Um, okay, except that you kind of misunderstood what I meant by proxying, first of all. And second of all, you've misunderstood
why
I want people to be voting - everybody should be stating an opinion by now, even something as simple as "I agree with so-and-so". Lurking and/or not voting is totally unproductive. Yeah, this game is moving slowly and nobody is super-active, but that's no excuse.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by armlx »

Sure, I totally agree, I was just pointing out the irony of your statement.

Still proxying > doing jack shit.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Rigel »

opie wrote:I agree with armlx about not liking choatic_diablo's Post 140. I get the sense that it he could be scum giving himself an out if he needs to bus his scum buddy depending on the number of votes at deadline.
armlx wrote:
opie wrote:I get the feeling that this is more of a safe claim. To me, a vanilla claim does not prove to me one way or another.
I endorse this product.
These are in comparison to posts like:
armlx wrote:Hmmm.

3 Wagons so far. Opie has been on all of them. Good catch Spring Lullaby. I'll take that reasoning over random rolefishing all day.

Unvote, Vote opie
and
armlx wrote:
DeanWinchester wrote:Opie may have been overly bandwaggoning, but I think rigel is scumier.
No doubt Rigel is scummy, but other than the person being scum what are the alternatives for fishing and wagoning? Fishing is a sign of curiosity, infi wagoning is a sign of lack of thought. I'm more inclined to believe Rigel was curious than opie doesn't think, if only slightly.
So, in these early posts, you think that Opie is scummier than I am, but now, you are agreeing with him in your mutual denunciation of my claim. In addition, he is agreeing with you on points as well. Alone, that's not such a big deal, but since you were convinced that he was even more scummy than me, I find it odd that you now are allying yourself with him rather than continuing to point out his errors.
Show

Knowledge is power.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by armlx »

I think that outside the claim he is scummier, but the townie claim just makes you the better lynch for today. Plus ensuring a good lynch for deadline and what not.

I'm hardly "allying". I'm merely pointing out he was right about your claim. Then he agreed with me. I was going to cite that as him buddying me in my arguments later ironically.....
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Rigel »

I don't see precisely why my claim makes me inherently scummy--what you appear to be implying is that if I had claimed a power role, even though I would be lying in doing so, you would be more likely to believe my claim. But, if that's your opinion, there's nothing stopping my lynch at this point, because everyone appears to be blindly set on slaying the Bard.

At any rate, when I am revealed as town, I would hope that the town will have enough sense to question those people most demanding of my lynch, namely armlx and the ever-absent Dean. Opie as well; he hasn't been quite as rabid as the others, but I don't like the way he is buddying up to armlx, nor the way that armlx appears to be reciprocating the buddying-ness.

One glaring inconsistency is that I'm about to be lynched by a 3/10 non-majority. Not to mention the fact that 4 out of the other seven of you aren't voting at all. There's one big problem right there. However, I can see that I'm not going to escape a lynch at this point, so all I can say is good luck to the town. I certainly hope the remainder of your lynches will find scum.
Show

Knowledge is power.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by armlx »

If your claim was confirmable in any way, yes, i would believe you more.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

well since you're complainging about the 3/10 non majority, i'll make it a 4/10 non majority.
unvote vote rigel

I'll save my persecution of CD for tomorrow since the deadline is today and nohting is going to come of it. Rigel's calim while not BAD certianly doesn't give me reason to not lynch him. If you're town rigel, it was just bad luck for you and I'm sorry.

Please, can we take a look at CD tomorrow guys, his behavior after the prod was more than slightly suspicious.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

There's something strange about the Rigel wagon. I'll bring up what I find strange the next day since it all depends on Rigel's alignment.

vote Rigel
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

armlx wrote:Sure, I totally agree, I was just pointing out the irony of your statement.

Still proxying > doing jack shit.
First of all, that's not what irony means. Second of all, even if it were, my statement would still not be ironic. As I said before, I've been voting for quite some time. I was criticising people who haven't. Where's the confusion here? Again, my proxy was not "I'm giving my vote to you"; it was "I don't really care who's lynched out of this group of people, so I'll just follow your decision, all things remaining equal". What I did has nothing to do with not voting, and I don't understand why you brought it up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”