Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Korts »

eljcko wrote:
Korts wrote:I think UA's play isn't that scummy. Lovo's reactions and to some extent his claim justified his lynch.
\
UA wrote:I, for one, while I don't care for the way to destroy the wonderful language that is English,
am not lynching you for the way you play, but because of your claim
. I believe there is a distinct chance that Campbell is Scum, and there is no way that he is Vanilla.
Please read bold statement.
Alright, I get that. And I said that his lynch was justified by his playstyle, not that UA's vote was. Also, if you look into it, UA's initial suspicion was raised by lovo's reactions.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Korts »

God this game's stalled.
scumchat never die
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by eljcko »

Korts wrote: Alright, I get that. And I said that his lynch was justified by his playstyle, not that UA's vote was. Also, if you look into it, UA's initial suspicion was raised by lovo's reactions.
I am not saying lovo's lynch was unjustified, he was acting like a fool. UA did nothing wrong, Roy Cambell might have been scum. Still waiting on Sly though.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by SlySly »

eljcko wrote: Also, Sly, why do you call defending UA scummy? Is everyone who defends UA scummy?
From what I have seen in the games I have played, there are only 2 reasons a player would be defending another player and neither are good for the town IMO.

1. The player doing the defending is the scum buddy of the defendee.
2. The player doing the defending is in the same cult as the defendee.

UA was awfully bullheaded in his stance against lovo in Day 1. Does anyone else find it interesting that UA has yet to post in Day 2?
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by eljcko »

SlySly wrote:
eljcko wrote: Also, Sly, why do you call defending UA scummy? Is everyone who defends UA scummy?
From what I have seen in the games I have played, there are only 2 reasons a player would be defending another player and neither are good for the town IMO.

UA was awfully bullheaded in his stance against lovo in Day 1. Does anyone else find it interesting that UA has yet to post in Day 2?
You forgot #3

3. The player doing the defending is of the thought that the defendee is town.

Just thought I might throw that out there. I also agree UA should post soon.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I, for one, blame the horrible timing of the beginning of Day 2 in relation to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
someone...I think Lloyd wrote:Yesterday, you advocated lovo14's lynch based on his claim more than his play. In hindsight, do you still see lovo14's claim the same way as you did yesterday?
Well, no, because now it's been revealed he's Not-Scum. However, I dont know what Innocent means. It could be Vanilla, it could be Survivor, it could just mean Town and this is a limited reveal game. If he truly was Vanilla, however, he did not react the way a Vanilla would've/should've reacted to bullheaded comments like mine, and that set the Scum Siren off. Being somebody who eventually fights FOXHOUND later in the comic doesn't help either.
SlySly wrote:From what I have seen in the games I have played, there are only 2 reasons a player would be defending another player and neither are good for the town IMO.

Not really. Townies defend Townies, Scum defend Townies, Townies defend Scum. If a Townie views someone else as Town, and agrees with his opinions, he'll feel it only natural to need to defend him. Scum will defend Townies to make themselves look better to that person, look better to the Town if that person dies, or make that person look bad should he be killed.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Thanatos »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I, for one, blame the horrible timing of the beginning of Day 2 in relation to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
someone...I think Lloyd wrote:Yesterday, you advocated lovo14's lynch based on his claim more than his play. In hindsight, do you still see lovo14's claim the same way as you did yesterday?
Well, no, because now it's been revealed he's Not-Scum. However, I dont know what Innocent means. It could be Vanilla, it could be Survivor, it could just mean Town and this is a limited reveal game. If he truly was Vanilla,
however, he did not react the way a Vanilla would've/should've reacted to bullheaded comments like mine, and that set the Scum Siren off.
Being somebody who eventually fights FOXHOUND later in the comic doesn't help either.
SlySly wrote:From what I have seen in the games I have played, there are only 2 reasons a player would be defending another player and neither are good for the town IMO.

Not really. Townies defend Townies, Scum defend Townies, Townies defend Scum. If a Townie views someone else as Town, and agrees with his opinions, he'll feel it only natural to need to defend him. Scum will defend Townies to make themselves look better to that person, look better to the Town if that person dies, or make that person look bad should he be killed.
I like your defense of your actions, although I find the bolded part to be very vague. Could you go into more detail.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by eljcko »

Great Admiral Overlord Mod Sarcastro
:

Can you send prods to all the players that have not posted on D2. We really need to get som discussion going.

On a side note, I agree with thantos.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Super God King has been prodded.

I will set a deadline if activity does not pick up, and I don't think you guys want that this early in the day. So start posting.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Lloyd »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Being somebody who eventually fights FOXHOUND later in the comic doesn't help either.
Is that sarcasm directed at the mod's setup? Frankly, I don't think the mod would make roles that easy to guess, so I don't find it as a valid reason.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:34 am

Post by SlySly »

UA, though I am not perfect, I try to never defend other players as some read defense of others as a scumtell. Are you trying to breed confusion for the town?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Super God King will be replaced as soon as I can find a replacement. In addition, a deadline will be set for
12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, April 1st
. Sorry, but you guys have brought this upon yourselves. More prods will be going out soon if people don't start posting.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry for not posting guys ..

I'll be back in 36 hours - i shall post then ..
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Andycyca »

SlySly wrote:UA, though I am not perfect, I try to never defend other players as some read defense of others as a scumtell. Are you trying to breed confusion for the town?
I don't think so, because actually I agree with him.

If you think someone else's thoughts are correct or that his play is good, you try to use your logic to defend a possible innocent.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

Andycyca wrote:
SlySly wrote:UA, though I am not perfect, I try to never defend other players as some read defense of others as a scumtell. Are you trying to breed confusion for the town?

If you think someone else's thoughts are correct or that his play is good, you try to use your logic to defend a possible innocent.
Answering questions directly addressed to another person is very scummy, IMO.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge replaces Super God King.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by eljcko »

SlySly wrote:
Andycyca wrote:

Sly, I really do not understand your actions today. You are saying that everything the players are doing is a scumtell, like defending or stepping in to answer questions. Is Andy scum because he "defends" UA (i use defend lightly, more of an agree) or because he answered something adressed to UA?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by SlySly »

eljcko wrote: Sly, I really do not understand your actions today. You are saying that everything the players are doing is a scumtell, like defending or stepping in to answer questions. Is Andy scum because he "defends" UA (i use defend lightly, more of an agree) or because he answered something adressed to UA?
Saying something is scummy is NOT saying someone IS scum, it is merely saying that I think their pointed out actions are scummy, IMO.

I clearly stated what I thought was scummy about Andy's action.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Thanatos wrote:I want detailz, kthx
Sorry, but UA's Book of Meta is a very thin book, and I like keeping it to myself
Lloyd wrote:Are you being sarcastic at Admiral Stukov?
Thats wasn't really that sarcastic, and it was directed at lovo's situation in general.
SlySly wrote:I'm perfect and I expect you to play by my standards
Good for you.

Hi JD
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

EBWOP

Where the hell is hasdgfas?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by Korts »

UltimaAvalon wrote:EBWOP

He was NK-ed, remember?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Korts »

SlySly wrote:
Andycyca wrote:

How is that so scummy? It helps discussion by involving more people. We hear others' opinions on the same topic. Isn't that scummy?
scumchat never die
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
SlySly wrote:I'm perfect and I expect you to play by my standards
Good for you.
I did not say this. Misquoting someone is definitely scummy!!!

vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Korts wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:EBWOP

He was NK-ed, remember?
Really? Interesting....
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Andycyca »

Sly's scumradar is a little bit sensitive today, isn't it? I'd prefer you t biuld an actual case on someone rather than simply vote at the first sign of "scuminess"

FoS: SlySly

UltimaAvalon wrote:Where the hell is hasdgfas?
In Vermont, duh.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”