Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Gorrad »

Copied from V/LA:
Gorrad wrote:Brawl. OMGWTFBBQAWESOME!

Distracted until Sunday. Expect daily reads but not much more.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Twomz »

Blackberry wrote: A) You were defending Cyberbob

B) I don't believe the Roleblocking Stuff, I think you're lying

C) Quick vote on Niv

D) Quick to want to lynch me

E) Quick to lynch Xtoxm

F) Overall scummy behavior
A) When did I do that?

B) From my PoV, it's the only explanation /shrug.

C) Yeah, you can't use that. Because I was stupid enough to believe you before he was quicklynched says nothing for my alignment.

D) Lynch all liars. A protown player has no reason to do what you did. Even if you are a town player in this game I do not consider you a protown player, even now.

E) I found him suspicious (next highest besides you). I'd been saying it all day... how is that a quick lynch?

F) Anyone who has played with me before knows that I don't censor my posts when I'm town... in other words, when I'm town I sound suspicious, and when I'm scum I'm not.
Gorrad wrote:G) Rolefishing
G) I wanted more information on a generic roleclaim that could account for pretty much every role in the game. "I have an ability that only works during certain kinds of weather" is not a valid roleclaim in this game, and the fact that you said it made me extremely suspicious of you because if it was believed it would be an easy thing for a mafiaso to say now, then come back and expand on later. Have fun playing brawl though... my friend got his on release day... but he's not playing it until he gets a job (which means I don't get to play it til he gets a job).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

Twomz wrote:
Blackberry wrote: F) Overall scummy behavior
F) Anyone who has played with me before knows that I don't censor my posts when I'm town... in other words, when I'm town I sound suspicious, and when I'm scum I'm not.
This answer swung it for me... of course, your not scum because your acting suspicous... how silly of me... maybe we should go round lynching everyone thats not suspicous :roll:
vote twomz
I also agree with what B-Berry said. Well mostly, I can understand why the Niv point would be nullified however point D also stood out your basically saying "you could be town but your not protown therefore die" that sounds like a great plan...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Blackberry »

Twomz wrote:D) Lynch all liars. A protown player has no reason to do what you did. Even if you are a town player in this game I do not consider you a protown player, even now..
You're a thoughtless conformist (scum).

Also, I forgot to mention, you were scum the last time you said someone was "the worst player ever."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Bookitty »

What instance of rolefishing are you addressing, Twomz, in your comments about Gorrad?

I can think of two separate instances.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Twomz »

Bookitty wrote:What instance of rolefishing are you addressing, Twomz, in your comments about Gorrad?

I can think of two separate instances.
I can only think of one, when I asked Gorrad for more information when he said he had an ability that did something when it was a certain weather (...). I don't recall any other rolefishing... what other one are you thinking of?

I'm unsure of why Gorrad is actually voting me (because I survived the night and armlx died I suppose, but he gives no actual reason). BBs vote is expected since I didn't die like I was suppose to... in fact he might have tried to vote for me even if I hadn't died. Porochaz's vote is suspicious imo.

vote: ChaosOmega
I know it's WIFOM, but I have a feeling that the scum went through the trouble of roleblocking me instead of a powerrole so that they could kill armlx cause he was hitting to close to home.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Bookitty »

Twomz wrote:I can only think of one, when I asked Gorrad for more information when he said he had an ability that did something when it was a certain weather (...). I don't recall any other rolefishing... what other one are you thinking of?
Your much discussed gambit of asking for a mass claim on what kind of weather affected everyone constituted rolefishing, or perhaps rolefishdynamiting.
Twomz wrote:I'm unsure of why Gorrad is actually voting me (because I survived the night and armlx died I suppose, but he gives no actual reason). BBs vote is expected since I didn't die like I was suppose to... in fact he might have tried to vote for me even if I hadn't died. Porochaz's vote is suspicious imo.
I seriously doubt that Blackberry would have tried to vote for you if you had died.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:20 am

Post by farside22 »

All I think is a whole bunch of WIFOM at this point. I think CO also tried to help Cyberbob by showing the possiblity of the role being true. More people were inclined to believe Cyberbob was telling the truth until Armix called him out.
@ChaosOmega: Why are you still voting against Gorrad during yesterday? Why did you not think that the tracker role could have been a scum role?
vote: ChaosOmega

Until I get some answers to some questions I feel this is a good place to go.
I know this question is going to bite me in the butt I'm curious to ask those voting against Twomz why it is not possible for a mafia RB to have blocked him if there is a mafia RB?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

farside22 wrote:@ChaosOmega: Why are you still voting against Gorrad during yesterday? Why did you not think that the tracker role could have been a scum role?
For the first part, it was because I was most suspicious of Gorrad. As for why I didn't change my vote even after Cyberbob was caught in a lie, it was because I wasn't here. The next time I checked the thread, it had gone into night.

As for the second part, I've never heard of a Mafia Tracker.
farside22 wrote:I'm curious to ask those voting against Twomz why it is not possible for a mafia RB to have blocked him if there is a mafia RB?
I really don't like this. I think it's because you're asking a hypothetical question about a hypothetical role that there is no evidence of actually being in this game. Only you and Twomz have mentioned the existence of a roleblocker today. Is it because you're really trying to make it blatant that your scumbuddy was "blocked" last night?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:51 am

Post by farside22 »

ChaosOmega wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm curious to ask those voting against Twomz why it is not possible for a mafia RB to have blocked him if there is a mafia RB?
I really don't like this. I think it's because you're asking a hypothetical question about a hypothetical role that there is no evidence of actually being in this game. Only you and Twomz have mentioned the existence of a roleblocker today. Is it because you're really trying to make it blatant that your scumbuddy was "blocked" last night?
Nice I did say it was a question that would bite me in the butt :roll:
Seriously if you have something to back up the scum buddy comment other then my question I ask that you bring it on because that last sentence comes across as almost OMGUS since we both voted against you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:58 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way I asked because I got screwed over as a townie due to WIFOM comments.
There are two things that happened with Twomz.
1) he lied and is scum
2) he was blocked to look scummie
If he lied yesterday to save himself then he is almost assured to get lynched today for that lie.
If he was blocked by scum he is an easy lynch for the scum to jump on to get rid of a town person.
That is the reason I'm not sure what to think because there is both possiblities.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Iammars »

DAMNIT! I hate you mafia!

Damn weather conditions where I can't see anything.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Blackberry »

Why is this so slow? Mafia don't want to post to lynch their mafia buddy? O_o
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Twomz »

farside22 wrote: If he lied yesterday to save himself then he is almost assured to get lynched today for that lie.
I know this is Wifom, but why on Earth would I come up with a claim that would either kill me, or get my lynched without any sort of return besides living for one more night as mafia? Now, if I had some sort of lightning one shot ability, like a multikill, living the one extra night might have been worth it because it would have won the game for the scum (or made it at lot closer at least), but that is not the case, nor is it apparent that any sort of special ability has been used. Besides, don't results come in in the morning so if there was some sort of knowledge gaining scum ability you'd need to live for TWO days to get the info to your buddies, which is not a live just one more night strategy.

TBH, I would have pulled a Blackberry if I was going to fakeclaim as scum (and either bussed a partner or set it up so the scum would win by equaling the town). It would be a stupid scum move to set myself up to die the next day for one night with no return.
Blackberry wrote:Why is this so slow? Mafia don't want to post to lynch their mafia buddy? O_o
I don't see you voting for Chaos either... hypocrite.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Twomz wrote:Now, if I had some sort of lightning one shot ability, like a multikill, living the one extra night might have been worth it because it would have won the game for the scum (or made it at lot closer at least), but that is not the case, nor is it apparent that any sort of special ability has been used.
A one-shot ability like, I dunno, fog maker?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I am sorry I have had major things happen in my life which needs me to take a few days break from mafia, I hope you and Glork understand and I will be back sometime this week probably Monday, I really want to be part of this game so please dont replace me... however I understand if you do... sorry again (I am pretty drunk right now) and peace

Paul
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

For
Glork
If you do not accept this please prod me and I will try and be active but I am likely not to be gone for that long...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod can we get a prod on players that haven't posted in 5 days?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Glork »

farside22 wrote:
Mod can we get a prod on players that haven't posted in 5 days?
I'll do you one (well, two) better. Prods going out to everyone who hasn't posted in 72 hours.

That's hasdgfas, Iammars, Bookitty, and ChaosOmega. Usual rules apply.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Hi guys, sorry.
Gorrad wrote:
Twomz wrote:Now, if I had some sort of lightning one shot ability, like a multikill, living the one extra night might have been worth it because it would have won the game for the scum (or made it at lot closer at least), but that is not the case, nor is it apparent that any sort of special ability has been used.
A one-shot ability like, I dunno, fog maker?
Sounds about right to me. He wanted to try to survive the one night with a weather related claim and decided to fog it up the next night to kill armlx and possibly pull out this WIFOM saying that scum killed armlx because he hit close to the truth.

I think I've said this before, but if I haven't:

If you say something that you don't know is WIFOM and you state it, then other people can point it out. But if you throw in something purposefully, it ends up confusing the townies in a way that is similar to what mafia are trying to do. Simply, don't do that as a townie. If you do, it can be very scummy.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Bookitty »

Sorry for not posting. I was rereading Farside and Twomz's interactions, and thinking about Armlx's suspicions and why he might have been the one killed. He was pretty tunnel-visioned on Farside and myself, and additionally I can see (from the odd reaction she had to his claimed scum-hunting gambit, which incidentally he still hasn't addressed though I brought it up as a second time he'd been rolefishing) a connection between them.

We might have a mafia roleblocker. But I do have a question:

Twomz, was your lightning rod ability a one-shot? Could you attempt it tonight if the hypothetical roleblocker were lynched today?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Twomz »

I can use my ability more than once, but it only works during thunderstorms, (should be any stormy weather imo...)
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Iammars »

Please check V/LA.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”