Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Flameaxe 2 (Akonas, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Gorrad 1 (Your Worst Nightmare)
Akonas 1 (Gorrad)
Machiavellian-Mafia 1 (scotmany12)

Not Voting: Sir Tornado, Flameaxe, populartajo, The Jester, Incognito, Miztef, Patrick
12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Day will end at or before 23:59 EDT on Monday, March 17. No majority at deadline means NO LYNCH will occur.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, prodding Akonas and Scot.

If I need to find replacements for either (or both) of them, I will extend the deadline. But don't hold your breaths.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

populartajo, I'm not entirely sure how useful this debate is, but I'll respond briefly here because you've said a few things that are wrong.
populartajo wrote:Im following good cases. You too. And I think Ive given town some new perspectives in some players. If we concentrate in just 3 players out of 12, then if we're wrong with a lynch we can have some relations, interactions, etc.
I haven't really been following cases, I made the case against Gorrad. I still think it was decent, but looking somewhat less likely to be correct with his claim. I agree that we shouldn't focus on only 3 players out of 12, which is why I've been trying to get more people talking.
populartajo wrote:So you're taking notes about me for following but when I speak my mind you dont like it. Ok, you can disagree with what Im saying but Im not just following and my posts dont seem memorable to you becuase they are about you. Great coincidence.
First sentence is a strawman, I don't have a problem with you voicing your opinions, I just took issue with what you actually said. And note: posts about me are actually more memorable to me, your posts prior to mentioning me were the unmemorable ones.
populartajo wrote:Overeaction? Not at all. I simply said that we should be looking at some guys if we lynch wrong today and then Incongito and yoursef mildly accused me of it. In this case, the overeaction is simply yours.
Hi. Stating something doesn't make it correct. Explain how I overreacted and why my reaction wasn't normal to you.

Gorrad is off the table for today unless there's a counterclaim. Akonas and tajo are the ones that spring to my mind as possibles, though I'd compromise and go for Flameaxe if necessary (to be fair I'd go for most lynches if the alternative is not lynching). I'll try and decide which to vote after I've had some sleep. Am I right in thinking we've still got over 48 hours to do this? If I'm getting the timezones wrong then please correct me.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Hi
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Glork »

Akonas has requested replacement. The search begins.

Day will end 72 hours after I find a replacement, because I am generous like that.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Thank you Glork! I'm always against D1 NLs, so I'm staying with Akonas for now but will switch if it's coming close to deadline and it's needed elsewhere. Flameaxe is a bad wagon. Please get off it, onto Akonas or MM perhaps.

Also, keep in mind that since there's a Gunsmith there will likely be at least one of the following: Vig, Devil, Cult, other protown killer, other antitown nonkiller. Glork doesn't put in roles for no reason in my experience.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Glork »

Guardian replaces Akonas. New deadline: Wednesday at 02:00 EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I know what is next
Guardian will do Haiku
Beat him to the punch
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Glork »

Update: Guardian is /out because I sent him the wrong role PM because I'm retarded like that.

Searching for a new replacement....
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by The Jester »

The Glork is a lie.

The Glork is a lie.

The Glork is a lie.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Miztef »

deadline is approaching quickly everyone. I think it's in our best interest to pick out a lynch quickly.

Gorrad is not the best choice anymore, as many have mentioned, so who do we have as alternative suspects then?

YWN certainly had a streak of attention in the game, but I think he has proven himself as at least somewhat pro-town, enough to convince me of leaving him be for today.

Flameaxe has been a bandwagon for a while now, but I think there is a lack of evidence against him. To me, his play has not been very helpful, but his meta seems to indicate that this is his natural playstyle, even if not preffered.

This leaves MM, Akonas, and scotmany as players that have been seriously thought as suspicious. (possibly others, I may have missed them)

If it comes to no lynch or any of these 3, I would lynch them. My preference is probably Akonas, because of his absense and previous suspicious activity.

So, I will
vote: Akonas
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Glork »

Mod Note: To clear up any potential confusion, the deadline is completely suspended for now, until I officially find and announce a replacement. Enjoy it while it lasts.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Miztef »

Akonas wrote:
Miztef wrote:About YWN, I care if he has an alt account or not because it seemed he was trying to hide something. Playing mind games and screwing with the town is not my idea of good town play. Clarifying his muddy position was important to understand if he is purposefully causing disruption, or just kidding around. For me, his posts are causing purposeful confusion, and are not just light-hearted jokes.
Muddy position... on what? Whether he is an alt or not? I don't see why you care. I see wanting to know but I don't see how it matters, really.

Flameaxe seems to be posting short one-liners that don't contribute much. However, he has made a few good points. And a lot of people are posting mostly one-liners.

I'd like to hear from Sir Tornado. If you're uninspired, then inspire us.
This is one of the things that really got me suspicious of akonas (besides the fact that he was overall unhelpful).

He spends his efforts voting flameaxe, with a completely hypocritical reason. He even contradicts his own point by saying flameaxe has made a few good points and that a lot of people are posting one-liners.

To me, this is scum trying to make themselves look good after the lynch happens.

I will investigate into the others players I mentioned shortly. There is one line in this I agree with though. Where is Sir Tornado?
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Honestly, just because no one counterclaimed Gorrad, it doesn't mean he's telling the truth. Anyone can claim a semi-unusual role and go "See? No one counterclaimed me, so I must be telling the truth!!"

I just wanted to point that out. It doesn't mean it's my opinion on the matter. Hence,
unvote

[quote=The Jester]The Glork is a lie.

The Glork is a lie.

The Glork is a lie.[/quote]
Is that you talking out of your ass, or do you know something about Gorrad we don't? Since you're not even voting for him while saying that... So I believe you really are just talking crap, and therefore you seem too carefree about the subject.
mFOS
to you.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Patrick »

I've been quite suspicious of Akonas, but the thing that makes me second guess it a bit is his asking for replacement, as it might mean his laziness was just being caused by a lack of time. I'd really like tajo to come on and respond to stuff. I'd really like people who haven't given any suspicions yet to do so.
YWN wrote:Is that you talking out of your ass, or do you know something about Gorrad we don't? Since you're not even voting for him while saying that... So I believe you really are just talking crap, and therefore you seem too carefree about the subject. mFOS to you.
How did you take that to mean he knows something about Gorrad? I just took it that he was spamming.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:21 am

Post by The Jester »

I was making fun of Glork for sending him the wrong role-pm, mostly because of his avatar.

YWN does have a point, how often are gunsmiths even in a mafia game? I haven't been in a game with one yet.

Now...Hey look at that thing. Noo, that other thing..
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Gorrad »

I've been in a scumchat game with one, and flavor-based gunsmiths are fairly common in theme games from what I've seen, but this is the first time I've seen a straight-up gunsmith in a game on the site.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I encountered a gunsmith in a large normal once. I don't doubt Gorrad's claim right now. I'm still ok with a lynch on MM. Mainly, I find his attack on Flameaxe opportunistic and hypocritical.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:I'm buying the claim for now. Gorrad's night choices need to be evaluated before I see Gorrad as confirmed town. Now I'm back to my #1 suspect.

Unvote, Vote: flameaxe

For:
1. sneaky 4th vote
2. fluffy posts
3. no attempt/not helpful in scumhunting
I really haven't seen him do much scumhunting either. He has mostly focused on pushing this 4th vote thing. Everyone but two on his analysis are either neutral or protown. So yeah, happy with my vote on him now.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

The Jester wrote:I was making fun of
Glork
Now that I've re-read your post, I realize you indeed wrote Glork and not Gorrad. >_<

My mistake.

As for actual contribution to the game, I'm fairly clueless. If anyone wishes to make a case on somebody, and has the reason to, please do otherwise I predict this to die off pretty soon. Why exactly are Machiavellian-Mafia, Flameaxe, scotmany12, or even Akonas the best possible lynches for today?
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Miztef »

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
The Jester wrote:I was making fun of
Glork
Now that I've re-read your post, I realize you indeed wrote Glork and not Gorrad. >_<

My mistake.

As for actual contribution to the game, I'm fairly clueless. If anyone wishes to make a case on somebody, and has the reason to, please do otherwise I predict this to die off pretty soon. Why exactly are Machiavellian-Mafia, Flameaxe, scotmany12, or even Akonas the best possible lynches for today?
why are they the best lynches, because a deadline is near (well, within the next week or so) and lynching is almost always better then no lynching, unless there is really no info at all to go off of.

These are the only players that seem to be worthwhile lynches right now, based on various reasons.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Ether replaces Akonas, effective immediately.

Day will end by Thursday, March 20, at 23:00 EDT. (The extra two hours are because I'll be flying home Thursday night, and I want the deadline to occur when I'm available.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Incognito »

Any way we could get a prod on populartajo? I kinda wanna see his response to a few issues before deciding what to do with my vote.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by populartajo »

Sorry for the inactivity, this game deserves more attention that I expected and I really want to answer everything related to me. Lets start.
Incognito wrote:When did Patrick ask me that?
He never did. I was just throwing the question to you.
I'd suggest that you explain the inconsistency instead of giving these slippery types of answers before I become tempted to label you as scummy.
What inconsistency? I dont find any.
Incog wrote:You're not guilty for suspecting me; it's the way you've laid down these suspicions that makes me suspicious of you. It reminds me very closely of something you mentioned early on, which led me to believe that you may have implied knowledge that I'm a townie (I've underlined it):
populartajo wrote:Pretty simple. M&M is the first guy to vote for a reason. And Flameaxe, he knows I hate him.
Add Gorrard and Your Worst Nightmare to the list.
Also, unvote. My random powers are wrong.
Dude, Im simply suspecting. Whats so wrong with that? You cant see what I see, we dont have the same opinions on scumtells, call it whatever you want. The fact that you disagree with my suspicions (prob because they're after you) or the way I put them in the table doesnt make me scummy, as it opens new perspectives in a game near a deadline. Simple as that.
Abput my random powers.
a)it was a joke
b) i thought we had already solved that.
he way you've attempted to connect Patrick with me and Miztef if Gorrad comes up town seems like you again may have some implied knowledge that Gorrad is town and you're attempting to lay down the carpet for your attack tomorrow. It doesn't look good to me.
I can see where you are going but its wrong. I simply said that you guys as scum can be a possibility we cant dismiss. I never said, wow those guys are scum, lynch them.
Glork wrote:Gunsmith (can see if people have the ability to kill).
No counterclaim. I had no idea this role existed.
M&M wrote:With deadline approaching, I have no problem switching my vote to my #2 suspect. This would be the L-1 vote.
Unvote, Vote: Gorrad
M&M" wrote:I'm buying the claim for now. Gorrad's night choices need to be evaluated before I see Gorrad as confirmed town. Now I'm back to my #1 suspect.
Unvote, Vote: flameaxe
Pattern?
Patrick wrote:Hi. Stating something doesn't make it correct. Explain how I overreacted and why my reaction wasn't normal to you
Mmmm. Read above.
scotmany wrote:Hi
Hi, enjoying the cruise?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

scotmany12 wrote:I'm still ok with a lynch on MM. Mainly, I find his attack on Flameaxe opportunistic and hypocritical.
Again like I said before relative to other events in the game I found Flamesaxe's actions the scummiest, and still do. Plus the fact that he's continuously a non-contributor is not helping him be seen in a more positive light.
scotmany12 wrote: I really haven't seen him do much scumhunting either. He has mostly focused on pushing this 4th vote thing. Everyone but two on his analysis are either neutral or protown. So yeah, happy with my vote on him now.
I could say pretty much the same things about you, scotmany:

I really haven't seen scotmany do much scumhunting either. He has only focused on me pushing this 4th vote thing. At least I announce my positions on everyone , while he has no positions on anyone else except me, so I can't even tell who scotmany feels neutral or protown about. So yeah, happy to
FoS: scotmany
now.
The end justifies the means.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Glork »

...prodding Flameaxe and Sir Tornado in accordance with the 72 hour posting rule.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”