Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I don't care that I have not included myself as one of the people to be analyzed; as I already stated, people have a tendency of watching me 'more closely' when I start running the town in any case. I don't care that certain players get 'special treatment'; them's the breaks. I don't care if Holy and Battle Mage do not have assignments (which they do; Holy's job is to tell me what she thinks about you, and Battle Mage's job was to answer three questions; not all assignments are equal). I don't care that I am not soliciting your opinion, because I think you are scum (this has been gone over, and in case you have forgotten -- which is a doubtful claim given your 'scum scores -- I have not liked wolfcrier from the get-go. I don't care that my 'distribution task is uneven': I never claimed that it was even. I am not so concerned with symmetry as I am concerned with hunting for scum.

I truly, honestly, without a doubt do not care about your beliefs one iota this game. You are playing like DGB-scum; you are over the top and using terrible logic. As PenguinsoftheSerengeti in Lights Out 2, you actually played a more thought-out game, and you were town. The same is definitely
not
happening in this game.

mathcam is absolutely
not
justified in not giving his opinion. In fact, if he does not have his analyses done by the time I return from Arizona, I will make it my sworn duty to attack him at every turn in an attempt to lynch him.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:00 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Beep! Beep!, since when did you go from claiming mathcam and I were scum together to defending mathcam from me? Then give me your reasoning.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:Beep! Beep!, since when did you go from claiming mathcam and I were scum together to defending mathcam from me? Then give me your reasoning.
mathcam's decision is the correct one to take if he is a townie. Therefore I cannot be said to be defending mathcam from you. Additionally, you are scummier than mathcam. More so since the day started.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:09 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Gawsh, I just keep forgetting how incredibly
scummy
it is to ask people to
give opinions

[Note the heavy sarcasm].
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:As PenguinsoftheSerengeti in Lights Out 2, you actually played a more thought-out game, and you were town.
Was I not lynched very early in that game, like the 3rd lynch on day 1? That means that a lot of players found me very scummy. And they were wrong, as you are now, but then again, now you are very likely scum.
petroleumjelly wrote:mathcam is absolutely
not
justified in not giving his opinion. In fact, if he does not have his analyses done by the time I return from Arizona, I will make it my sworn duty to attack him at every turn in an attempt to lynch him.
That would be very clever bus'ing, haha, I look forward to seeing it. I hope players won't be fooled at endgame.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:Gawsh, I just keep forgetting how incredibly
scummy
it is to ask people to
give opinions
The unfair, biased, uneven, and bossy manner of your proceeding is what makes it scummy.

You give a very strong impression of carrying out, perforce, some agenda on the rest of the players, rather than looking for scum. Your list of assignments is not what I would call looking for scum.

Promising to hound mathcam (whether or not he's your buddy) for his very reasonable refusal to cooperate with your orders is also indicative of you carrying out a scum agenda, trying to cow us into submissiveness, or bus'ing or framing mathcam. It's not a good sign.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:24 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I am stopping myself from swearing (edit: swearing
profusely
) in this post.

Yes, I am being bossy. Why? Because this town
sucks
. Period. We have mislynched three days in a row. My favorite players have all been killed or replaced. The logic has been terrible in this game -- it seems like nobody is even willing to consider alternate possibilities (such as Quack Doctor - the only response I got from that was being
suspected
). I am not having a scrap of fun, and the fact is people's posts have been such crap this game that I am having trouble getting reads on players. And nobody seems to care. Since nobody else is stepping up to the plate, I am as good as anybody to do so.

How am I
not
supposed to be biased? This is a game of mafia. I know my alignment, and I have leanings for alignments on other players. This will necessarily affect my play. My biases then directly affect how 'fair' I am.

Tell me, DGB: what is my agenda? What nefarious deed to you accuse me of plotting by asking people to give opinions?
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Sorry I haven't been posting, but I've been really busy. I'll try to make up for it by posting something about every player.
curiouskarmadog wrote: I have to head out now...

Last night I targetted RW.
Night 2, Talitha
Night 1, Talitha
I don't think this has been pointed out yet, but shouldn't there be four results? Combined with CKD's poor response to has at first, I think this clearly indicates that he is scum. Not to mention shortly after his fake claim he's been trying to avoid posting anything more.

Although I do agree with PJ, we can't just quicklynch now and stifle our discussion. Then we'll be starting tomorrow with no information, and I would rather start tomorrow with some sort of information to work with. I've had some suspicions about PJ earlier, but now he seems to be the only player posting anything that makes sense.

Looking at has, if we lynch CKD and prove him to be scum, I can only see has lying if he were scum with CKD, but I think that's unlikely.

Beep Beep! isn't making any sense at all, and it seems she tries to portray PJ as scum for anything. i.e. if mathcam is scum, then Jelly is bussing mathcam and is scum, but if mathcam is town, then Jelly is scum trying to get mathcam lynched. That's the impression I'm getting from BB, and since Jelly sounds to me like the only player making sense anymore, I assume she's trying to eliminate any more players who pose a threat to her.

I don't really have anything on the other players yet, but I'll try to get to them when I can.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ameliaslay wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting, but I've been really busy. I'll try to make up for it by posting something about every player.
curiouskarmadog wrote: I have to head out now...

Last night I targetted RW.
Night 2, Talitha
Night 1, Talitha
I don't think this has been pointed out yet, but shouldn't there be four results?
Good point. Did we have a night with no kills then?

Oh and btw, im probably not going to be posting much in this thread now, although ill read when i can, and answer anything posed to me.
I actually cant be bothered to go along with some self-righteous crusade to delve deeper into the affiliations of every player, simultaneously making the thread unnecessarily swollen.

PJ, you asked me 3 questions?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by mathcam »

petroleumjelly wrote:Claiming that it "might help scum who to nightkill" is 100% bullshit; yes, of course it might do that, but more importantly it lets townspeople get reads on other townspeople as well as scum. Every single opinion helps
both
the town and the scum make 'more informed decisions'; live with it. The difference is scum don't need to have information to kill somebody who is not in their group, whereas the town
does
I disagree. Some opinions help the mafia much more than the town. More to the point, opinions given in response to questions are more help to the asker than they are to anyone else -- presumably there was some reasoning behind the specific questions you asked and who you asked them of. You've made no attempt to explain these, or even mention if they were done randomly. You've made no attempt to convince anyone that your particular set of questions would be beneficial for the town to discuss, other than generic increased participation -- on the whole a very good thing, but we have plenty of legitimate things to discuss that make many of your requests a distraction at best. If you think there's a mathcam-BM or mathcam-Slay partnership, then make your case and the town can analyze and I can respond. If you're wondering if I have strong pro-town or pro-scum vibes from them, I've already told you that I would tell you if there were anything I found relevant and appropriate to share. It's not like I'm sitting on a treasure trove of scum partnerships that I'm keeping secret from everyone because I like prolonging the suspense.
PJ wrote: mathcam is absolutely not justified in not giving his opinion.
I've given my opinion on several things, those things that have arisen in the natural context of discussion, or things that I think I have noticed that the town should know. I haven't given my opinion on some specific things that I haven't found particularly relevant and haven't been convinced of otherwise.
PJ wrote: In fact, if he does not have his analyses done by the time I return from Arizona, I will make it my sworn duty to attack him at every turn in an attempt to lynch him.
You are obviously welcome to do this, but it's a pretty poor play to make a policy lynch rather than lynch a likely found scum whose gone in to hiding since he's been outed. On the other hand, I can understand the temptation to let meta-forces take over -- in addition to the aforementioned arguments, I have to admit at least a little that I'm not responding because you're being rather insulting. Maybe you don't care, as you're fond of pointing out, about any of this, but if you're really interested in finding scum, then maybe you should start caring about the fact that being a dick doesn't get us there any faster.
PJ wrote:what is my agenda? What nefarious deed to you accuse me of plotting by asking people to give opinions?
Well, you're doing a pretty good job of distracting the conversation from CKD, what I consider to be our currently most pressing topic. What time you've spent on the CKD topic has been mostly aimed at deciding whether or not he actually bread-crumbed something, which seems clear to me (and I thought to you as well). I'm not saying I necessarily believe in a CKD-PJ scum pairing, and I'd probably put you as town if I had to make a call this very instant based on your seemingly genuine breakdown, but you act as if there's no way anyone could find anything you've ever done scummy. This is quite simply not the case.
PJ wrote:If you would like confirmation that I have a precedent of doing this, look no further than my newbie games
So what?? If you want precedent for me not taking orders in games, I can give you that as well. I suspect that won't have any bearing on whether or not you find my refusal to participate as scummy.
PJ wrote:CKD, please link me to past games where you have breadcrumbed your role, as well as any games where you falsely breadcrumbed as scum. I would like to compare them to this game.
Oh, come on. This is the most ridiculous request yet, as evidenced by the fact that you've got me to stick up for someone I think is likely scum. The other players in this game do not have even the slightest responsibility to satisfy your every informational whim. This is a game, not a job.

Cam
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I havent posted in many of my games (getting prods)..I havent had a lot of time..Amelia, why should I have 4 results?..I will get to this...there are several things I want to address, but I also note you havent mentioned Has addressing my questions...seems to me you are a little one side....this hopefully will be noted.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'm sorry CKD, you are right. Somewhere I read Night 4, which would have meant you should have four results.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Thesp »

I accidentally had "D4" listed by last night's deaths in the intro post - this has been fixed, sorry for any confusion.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:13 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

going to be gone this weekend, going to attempt to get caught up next week...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Thesp »

AmeliaSlay has requested replacement - searching for one.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Thesp »

Mizzy replaces AmeliaSlay, effective immediately.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Mizzy »

Hello, all! There's a lot of pages here to read through so I'm going to have to take a bit to read it all. Before I start, is there anything pertinent I should know NOW?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yes. Your predecessor claimed Lyncher, but neglected to claim a target. Can you please fill in the gap?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battle Mage wrote:yes. Your predecessor claimed Lyncher, but neglected to claim a target. Can you please fill in the gap?

BM
I have been warned about you, sir.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mizzy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:yes. Your predecessor claimed Lyncher, but neglected to claim a target. Can you please fill in the gap?

BM
lol its good to know that scum fear me. ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battle Mage wrote:
Mizzy wrote:

BM
Actually, Patrick tends to be town, doesn't he? And I don't think he's scared of you. I'll ask, though.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Welcome Mizzy. :)
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Mizzy »

hasdgfas wrote:Welcome Mizzy. :)
Hi to you! Small world, no? :)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mizzy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Mizzy wrote:

BM
Actually, Patrick tends to be town, doesn't he? And I don't think he's scared of you. I'll ask, though.
lol- tends to be town?
Are you suggesting that his roles arent given randomly? 0.o
Have you read any of the thread yet?
I'm still waiting on your target claim.

Did Patrick really warn you about me? Because this is Thespival, modded by Thesp, and Patrick isnt playing as far as i'm aware. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester