Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Patrick »

populartajo wrote:Totally agree. The only thing I dont like about this is that you and Patrick seem to be strangely connected and pretty active lately with this lynch. You could be active townies, but if Gorrard is town then IWGMEOY.
populartajo wrote:Again?
*Shrug* we've agreed over a few things, but that's hardly a rare occurence in a game of mafia (and last time we played together, Incog and I were sharing the same brain for a while). That on it's own isn't usually good enough evidence to be drawing a connection between two players. (And note that in a post of yours, you stated that you agreed with absolutely everything Incognito and Miztef had said). As for being active, it's absolutely necessary when we have 2 week deadlines.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the way you seem to be throwing suspicion on all the players currently voting Gorrad if Gorrad turns up town, whilst also saying that you'd be happy with a Gorrad lynch. It feels a bit like you're already setting up future lynches.
populartajo wrote:Basically I agree with a Gorrard lynch. I havent liked for a while and his buddys (Flameaxe and scotmany) seem to have taken a vacation to brawl lands. But, I'd like a VC before, please.
Are you saying you've been suspicious of Gorrad for a while now? I got the impression you've been much more suspicious of YWN. Where did that suspicion go?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Ok, I've been thinking about the post where someone (forget who) said that they had invited YWN to come play the game. I didn't get ANY joke vibes from him, but I'm going to chalk that down to bad reading. If he's an experienced player who doesn't play on this site, it makes a lot more sense. I'm going with a gut on Mistef
Unvote, Vote: Mistef
. Also, I'm going to stop quoting Jonathan Coulton songs.

As a clarification, I AM still going to be ont he site through Sunday. I'll just have considerably limited access, due to massive amounts of vijagames (I also got Rock Band).
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Gorrad 3 (Patrick, Incognito, Miztef)
Flameaxe 2 (Akonas, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Miztef 1 (Gorrad)
Machiavellian-Mafia 1 (scotmany12)

Not Voting: Sir Tornado, Flameaxe, populartajo, Your Worst Nightmare, The Jester

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Day will end at or before 23:59 EDT on Monday, March 17. No majority at deadline means NO LYNCH will occur.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Miztef »

Gorrad wrote:Ok, I've been thinking about the post where someone (forget who) said that they had invited YWN to come play the game. I didn't get ANY joke vibes from him, but I'm going to chalk that down to bad reading. If he's an experienced player who doesn't play on this site, it makes a lot more sense. I'm going with a gut on Mistef
Unvote, Vote: Mistef
. Also, I'm going to stop quoting Jonathan Coulton songs.

As a clarification, I AM still going to be ont he site through Sunday. I'll just have considerably limited access, due to massive amounts of vijagames (I also got Rock Band).
great, a gut instinct vote on me and little content.

I don't really understand why you'd vote me, I'm probably one of the easiest players voting you to sway not to vote you. Thinking about it from a scum point of view, I probably look like the easiest target out of the people voting you as well though.

On another note, 5 days left till deadline, and weekends usually have low activity. So, I really suggest everyone start making their cases and getting their votes out before we end up in a no lynch.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Gorrad »

Doh! And once again late night posting screws me over.
Unvote, Vote: Akonas
. I just got the names mixed up, sorry! I really haven't liked his posts so far, they seem short, misinterpretive, and scummy.

Also, it's a complete coincidence that I've got limited acces until Sunday. I'm going to/hosting gaming parties every day Wednesday-Saturday this week, trying to unlock music and such for them.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Incognito »

populartajo, I don't like what you're saying here:
populartajo, in post 174, wrote:
Incognito wrote:I read over Patrick's case against Gorrad and found myself nodding along with his interpretation of events. I won't be moving my vote to Gorrad just yet but it does bother me that Gorrad set up things so simply as "Who lies? Scum lie. I could feel the lynch unfold." when things aren't always as clear-cut as the way he seemed to portray. It also bothers me that he hasn't bothered to comment on anything else since the YWN discussion died down dramatically despite the fact that other events have happened since that point.
Totally agree. The only thing I dont like about this is that you and Patrick seem to be strangely connected and pretty active lately with this lynch. You could be active townies, but if Gorrard is town then IWGMEOY.
Incognito wrote: see where Patrick is going with this so I'll prematurely FoS: Miztef. I've been getting some strange buddy-up vibes from him anyway.
Again?
Miztef wrote:I think if Gorrad does not wish to post until after deadline, I'd be a bit more inclined to lynch him. It doesn't take that long to post a few lines, even if it isn't too much it's better then none.
Add this guy to the list of suspects if Gorrard comes up town.
You seem to be casting some suspicion towards three people in these series of snippets (me, Patrick, and Miztef) and basing these suspicions off of this premise that since we agree about one person (Gorrad), we're likely to be scum together if Gorrad turns up town.

I dislike this because very early on a number of people agreed on suspicions about Your Worst Nightmare but you had absolutely nothing to say about the agreement that arose at that time. It's only now that this agreement falls on Gorgon that you seem to be voicing some concern.

Also very early on in you had the following to say about agreement:
populartajo, in his 7th post of the game, wrote:Is it scummy to agree with what
all
Miztef and Incognito have just posted?
I dont think so.
But with your most recent post, you seem to be contradicting your original viewpoint. Can you explain this inconsistency? Can you also explain
why
you were worried about looking scummy at all?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Incognito »

EBWOP: That should be Gorrad; not Gorgon... Gorgon's from my other game. =)
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

First of all, what does V/LA, LAL, and IWGMEOY mean?

Miztef wrote:
Your Worst Nightmare wrote:As part of a required test protocol, our previous statement suggesting that we were an alternate account was an outright fabrication. Good job. As part of a required test protocol, we will stop enhancing the truth in three, two, o--
Your Worst Nightmare wrote:Also, welcome. We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one. Your specimen has been processed and we are now ready to begin the test proper.
those are just some things I find slightly convoluted, but alas, I concede that this is more of my misunderstanding and not really YWN's fault.
Just for the record, those are actual quotes from Portal. As are a few other paragraphs I've posted. (Though this first one says something other than 'alternate account', naturally.) But if I've posted them, it is because they made sense and reflected what I wanted to say at the moment, except in a more flavorful way. (So those of you who haven't played the game still understand what I mean to transpire, but those who have played the game can be rewarded with a nice easter egg.)

Anyway, I'm inclined towards lynching Gorrad, but I'm not 100% sure. While one less player, even if town, is irrelevant this early in the game (also, less players alive = greater change of hitting mafia next day?); Gorrad still might simply be a lousy town. (Acts scummy, lurks, etc.) There's also the chance of him having a relevant power role...
On the other hand, even if town with a power role, it may be at this point difficult for him to regain the remaining players' trust. And we may end up lynching him in the next day or so exactly because of that, lynch that could be better spent on an actual mafia if Gorrad had been lynched today.
This in worst case scenario. Best case scenario is Gorrad being mafia and getting blammed right away. I approve of that! :D And in case he's mafia, not lynching him now would be bad.

We still have 3 days until deadline, 4 votes until cake baking. I want to know what the rest of you think of this matter, especially the less talkative ones, before I cast my vote.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:First of all, what does V/LA, LAL, and IWGMEOY mean?
V/LA = Very limited access (to mafiascum).
LAL = Lynch All Liars. A policy some people actually believe in.
IGMEOY = I don't know why he added a W but in this form it means "I've got my eye on you".
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by The Jester »

The portal will open in 3... 2.. 1. *Leaves room*

Flameaxe - Didn't like his vote on scot, but he's unvoted, and his posts feel content-less. Soufflé maybe?

Your Worst Nightmare - Doesn't seem suspicious, seems cautious.

Sir Tornado - Doesn't post much, unless it's inspiring. Grey.

Patrick - Understood YWN was joking, doesn't seem scummy.

populartajo - Feels like a silly newer player, agreed with Miz and Incong on everything or something?

Gorrad - #50, "Unvote, Vote: Your Worst Nightmare, what's with all the screaming?" What screaming? Four votes on someone when it only takes a few more on day 1 could be bad, oh wait because 3 mafia in a game is unlikely, right? Believes YWN is an alt, how stupid. The only reason he's in this game is because I asked him to. I asked him to because he loves Portal more then most. He plays mafia on a few other sites.

Miztef - 4 vote when it takes 7 to lynch day 1 is a potential speed-lynch = bad. Seemed to look suspicious and less so now.

Akonas - Same as Patrick, doesn't seem suspicious.

Machiavellian-Mafia - Feels grey to me right now, not too sure.

Incognito - I didn't like his vote reasons on YWN. Lately looks better.

scotmany12 - Seems okay, asking questions where questions should be. "They were all random and meaningless." (Concerning the votes on himself.)

Didn't we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NO WAY!' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'? That was great!

---------------

Aperture Science: We do what we must, because we can.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Patrick »

I can kind of agree with Gorrad's suspicion of Akonas. My impression of Akonas, both before and after isolating his posts, is that he's not doing very much at all, not trying to move the game forward or do much scumhunting. He's twice avoided my question to him, and I don't like how he seems to be ignoring much of what's going and has just parked his vote on M-M (Note: Akonas didn't unvote before voting M-M, so his vote is technically on Flameaxe. Not sure if he's realised that or not).

But then again, there's a disappointing number of low contributors in this game.

Jester, who's your top suspect? Who's an acceptable lynch?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by populartajo »

Patrick wrote:*Shrug* we've agreed over a few things, but that's hardly a rare occurence in a game of mafia (and last time we played together, Incog and I were sharing the same brain for a while). That on it's own isn't usually good enough evidence to be drawing a connection between two players. (And note that in a post of yours, you stated that you agreed with absolutely everything Incognito and Miztef had said). As for being active, it's absolutely necessary when we have 2 week deadlines.
Am I guilty for finding a possible connection? I should add that I agreed with some things posted at that time, it sounded good as many noted, but that doesnt mean they could be tricking me and that I have to believe everything they say.
Patrick wrote:'m a bit uncomfortable with the way you seem to be throwing suspicion on all the players currently voting Gorrad if Gorrad turns up town, whilst also saying that you'd be happy with a Gorrad lynch. It feels a bit like you're already setting up future lynches.
Uncomfortable? Why? Dude, everyone is suspicious by default, some people feel townie others feel scummy, but that doesnt mean they are town or scum 100%. I've said before, the reacters are scummier than the ones who provoke reactions, but if we lynch an innocent reacter then there are
big
possibilities of finding scum in a provoker. I
never
said you'd be automatically scum.
Patrick wrote:Are you saying you've been suspicious of Gorrad for a while now? I got the impression you've been much more suspicious of YWN. Where did that suspicion go?
Where other's have gone. And you can find my Gorrad case in some posts of mine. Are you lazy? So am I.
Incognito wrote:You seem to be casting some suspicion towards three people in these series of snippets (me, Patrick, and Miztef) and basing these suspicions off of this premise that since we agree about one person (Gorrad), we're likely to be scum together if Gorrad turns up town.
Mmm, why do I have the feeling that Ive already said this.
populartajo wrote:Dude, everyone is suspicious by default, some people feel townie others feel scummy, but that doesnt mean they are town or scum 100%.
Incognito wrote:I dislike this because very early on a number of people agreed on suspicions about Your Worst Nightmare but you had absolutely nothing to say about the agreement that arose at that time. It's only now that this agreement falls on Gorgon that you seem to be voicing some concern.
Of course I did. I said I agree with you. Your case was good, and Patrick has a good question for you, where's that case?
Incognito wrote:But with your most recent post, you seem to be contradicting your original viewpoint. Can you explain this inconsistency? Can you also explain why you were worried about looking scummy at all?
No contradiction here. No inconsistency. And no worries. Diferent situations.
Patrick, Incognito, why are you taking my suspicions so serious. Why am I guilty for suspecting you in case any of your targets come up townie tomorrow?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by The Jester »

Right now I'm leaning towards Gorrad as a top suspect, based on his poor reasons for being suspicious of YWN. Gorrad is leaning closest to an acceptable lynch.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Patrick »

populartajo wrote:Am I guilty for finding a possible connection? I should add that I agreed with some things posted at that time, it sounded good as many noted, but that doesnt mean they could be tricking me and that I have to believe everything they say.
Huh? I never said you were guilty in that paragraph or even implied it. I said that I don't think you have much basis for forming this connection, and I explained why.
populartajo wrote:Uncomfortable? Why? Dude, everyone is suspicious by default, some people feel townie others feel scummy, but that doesnt mean they are town or scum 100%. I've said before, the reacters are scummier than the ones who provoke reactions, but if we lynch an innocent reacter then there are big possibilities of finding scum in a provoker. I never said you'd be automatically scum.
You seem to like exagerating. I know you didn't say that any pushers on Gorrad would be
automatically
scum if Gorrad is town. I said that I didn't like the way you seem to be throwing suspicion on all the Gorrad voters; it gave me a small ping on the scumdar.
populartajo wrote:Where other's have gone. And you can find my Gorrad case in some posts of mine. Are you lazy? So am I.
I am sometimes lazy, but I wouldn't consider my play thus far to be lazy, no. You're mostly following here. I don't know if it makes you scum or not, but it's noted.
populartajo wrote:Patrick, Incognito, why are you taking my suspicions so serious. Why am I guilty for suspecting you in case any of your targets come up townie tomorrow?
I don't think I've been taking them too seriously. But if someone throws suspicion on you with logic that you disagree with, it's fair enough to point it out right? If anything I think you're the one who's overreacting. I only mildly accused you at most, mainly I wanted to get a better feel for what you're thinking in this game, because at the time, none of your posts were very memorable to me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Limited access this weekend, St. Patty's day rush at work.

Will most likely catch up tomorrow.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

Patrick wrote:You're mostly following here. I don't know if it makes you scum or not, but it's noted.
Im following good cases. You too. And I think Ive given town some new perspectives in some players. If we concentrate in just 3 players out of 12, then if we're wrong with a lynch we can have some relations, interactions, etc.
You seem to like exagerating. I know you didn't say that any pushers on Gorrad would be automatically scum if Gorrad is town. I said that I didn't like the way you seem to be throwing suspicion on all the Gorrad voters;
So you're taking notes about me for following but when I speak my mind you dont like it. Ok, you can disagree with what Im saying but Im not just following and my posts dont seem memorable to you becuase they are about you. Great coincidence.
don't think I've been taking them too seriously. But if someone throws suspicion on you with logic that you disagree with, it's fair enough to point it out right? If anything I think you're the one who's overreacting. I only mildly accused you at most, mainly I wanted to get a better feel for what you're thinking in this game, because at the time, none of your posts were very memorable to me.
Overeaction? Not at all. I simply said that we should be looking at some guys if we lynch wrong today and then Incongito and yoursef
mildly
accused me of it. In this case, the overeaction is simply yours.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by populartajo »

EBWOPBIAD
When is the deadline?
Call me Tajo.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Since everyone's ignoring me and I'll probably be away until the deadline (which is Monday, March 17 by the way, for that guy too lazy to read the page he's posting in),

Vote: Gorrad

If you become lightheaded from thirst, feel free to pass out. An intubation associate will be dispatched to revive you with peptic salve and adrenaline.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

With deadline approaching, I have no problem switching my vote to my #2 suspect. This would be the L-1 vote.

Unvote, Vote: Gorrad
The end justifies the means.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Incognito »

populartajo wrote:Of course I did. I said I agree with you. Your case was good, and Patrick has a good question for you, where's that case?
When did Patrick ask me that?
populartajo wrote:
Incognito wrote:But with your most recent post, you seem to be contradicting your original viewpoint. Can you explain this inconsistency? Can you also explain why you were worried about looking scummy at all?
No contradiction here. No inconsistency. And no worries. Diferent situations.

I disagree with you. The situations were quite similar and there is most certainly a contradiction
and
an inconsistency between what you were saying early on and what you're saying now. Just because you say no, no, and no doesn't mean it's true. I'm providing in-thread evidence that suggests quite the opposite of your no, no, and no answers. I'd suggest that you explain the inconsistency instead of giving these slippery types of answers before I become tempted to label you as scummy.
populartajo wrote:Patrick, Incognito, why are you taking my suspicions so serious. Why am I guilty for suspecting you in case any of your targets come up townie tomorrow?
You're not guilty for suspecting me; it's the
way
you've laid down these suspicions that makes me suspicious of you. It reminds me very closely of something you mentioned early on, which led me to believe that you
may
have implied knowledge that I'm a townie (I've underlined it):
populartajo wrote:Pretty simple. M&M is the first guy to vote for a reason. And Flameaxe, he knows I hate him. :)
Add Gorrard and Your Worst Nightmare to the list.
Also, unvote. My random powers are wrong.
The way you've attempted to connect Patrick with me and Miztef if Gorrad comes up town seems like you again may have some implied knowledge that Gorrad is town and you're attempting to lay down the carpet for your attack tomorrow. It doesn't look good to me.

In other news, Gorrad has quickly reached L-1. I suggest nobody hammers until we get a role claim.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Gorrad »

Gunsmith (can see if people have the ability to kill).
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Miztef »

wow... that is one of the most blunt claims I have ever seen.

I'm going to
unvote
for now, because I wasn't really convinced in the first place, and now it's getting too close to a lynch for me. I'd like some more discussion today before someone is lynched.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Urgh.
Unvote.

Any counterclaims? The other person I had suspicions of was Your Worst Nightmare but nobody has really said much of anything to base my suspicions on. I'll wait to see if anyone else chimes in about this.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I'm buying the claim for now. Gorrad's night choices need to be evaluated before I see Gorrad as confirmed town. Now I'm back to my #1 suspect.

Unvote, Vote: flameaxe

For:
1. sneaky 4th vote
2. fluffy posts
3. no attempt/not helpful in scumhunting
The end justifies the means.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Patrick »

Unvote
. No counterclaim here, and it seems too risky to lynch an uncountered powerole on day 1. Will think about this and decide on a new vote, though I may have to compromise.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”