Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Even with the grounding, he made 17 posts between the time of his last one here and that grounding.

to me it's starting to come down to, if one of you is scum and the other is not going to be helpful, which of you as scum would I prefer to have beat me. :P
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:51 am

Post by SensFan »

Alright, I'm here.

You have both mentioned that you might vote me just because I wouldn't deserve the win as scum. While true, I think a better effort should be made, by me as well, to figure out the scum.

Skruffs: I still don't agree with your early attack on me based on DP'k death last night. It did indeed look like an SK who made a plan based around their kill. Assuming DP was alive right now, who would you think was scummiest out of MBF, DP, and I?

MBF: You did appear to be taking a more passive role today than in previous days. You were also the first to mention the idea of voting me because I deserve a win less. If I were Town, why would you hurt your chance of winning because I don't deserve a win?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I said
if it came down to nothing but a coin flip
I'd vote you because you don't deserve a win. It's very hard for me to figure out where I stand on you from your inactivity, so my decision here is probably goign to be based on what I think of Skruffs, as he's really the only person I have a chance to get a good read on. Unless you can suddenly provide me with some good arguments, it's not a decision to
vote you
or
vote Skruffs
, it's a decision to
vote Skruffs
or
not
to vote Skruffs.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Sens: 1st, if you mbf and dp was alive, I'd be dead, and my suspicioun wouldn't matter. That's kind of odd for you to phrase things that way - it's almost like you just suggested I wasn't the SK (as the SK wouldn't kill himself).

Secondly, if I was reading the game, and had been NKd as you suggest (or there was no kill) I would probably be suspicious of MBF first, as he was who I was most suspicious of yesterday, with DP as a close second. I really didn't like something about hte way he was sure that the mason was killed by mafia, it seems like inside knowledge to me (despite his repeated assertions to the contrary)

If MBF was dead I would probably have gone after DP.

Sensfan, you should *know* the meta reason I was attempting to clear you yesterday. I'm not going to use it anymore, today, though.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 am

Post by bird1111 »

Giving you all a 48 hour extension...
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 am

Post by SensFan »

So what is the deadline?

Skruffs, don't avoid the question. If it was me, MBF, you and DP today, who would you think was scummiest?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:14 am

Post by bird1111 »

6:30 PM EDT on the 13th (ie Thursday)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I *didn't* avoid the question
I said that I would have thought it was MBF.
And you seem to have been really counting on that, it's been a thread through all your thoughts today.

We need to vote. I'm going to vote Sensfan. I am not completely sure, and the last time I was in this situation, (voting first), I lost, but I'll try again. :P

I'm putting my faith in MikeBurnFire, and this sucks.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: Skruffs

I agree, we need to vote. You have been oddly scummy for all of today, and when I asked you a question - removing the choice of Kill from the equation - you misrepresented it to be a slip that you couldn't be SK. Enough of this, you tried to get MBF to lynch me on WIFOM early on, and it didn't work. My hunch said MBF going into today, but your play today has dinged my scumdar in just about every post.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Looks like my vote is going to be the one that decides the game. I'm ecstatic.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Deadline's at less than 24 hours...
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dang. I was hoping Skruffs would show up soon.

vote: Skruffs.

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by bird1111 »

You string up Skruffs. He was town. Unforutuanly for SensFan, mikeburnfire kills him soon afterwards.

Skruffs, Townie, lynched Day 5
SensFan, Role Opener, endgamed
mikeburnfire, SK, wins!

Full setup, and discussion boards for the Mafia and the Night communicators are coming.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

MikeBurnFire, in his secret diary, wrote:
Day 1:

Bored. Really bored. Gonna kill something.

Night 1:

Roleblocked Zhao and killed Phate

Dammit. The roleswitcher switched my role with the mason. Now I lost my extra RB power.

Day 2:

Huh. Phate lived, but Zhao didn't. The mafia must have killed Zhao and protected Phate. Zhao was a mason and the mason role got switched out. I bet the mafias took my RB role. That means the RB and Roleswitcher are probably in cahoots.

Thantos claimed cop with Guilty on Phate. Not sure what to make of this.

Phate counterclaimed Guilty on Thantos. One of them is the cop. The other is lying scum.

QuickBen just revealed himself to be the doctor and claimed to have protected Thantos last night. FOOL! This is a plethora of information for me. Since I know that PHATE was the one protected last night, I know that QuickBen is lying. It's too risky to be fishing-- I think he's legit. So now we have a scum doctor QuickBen and a scum role-unknown Phate.

We will kill Phate today. If he is the roleblocker, then the roleswitcher and doctor mafias will still be alive. What will their actions be? Who will they switch, protect, and kill? QuickBen will protect the Role Switcher, but probably claim to protect Thantos to keep his cover. Therefore, the cop will be open to attack. The cop is a threat to me too, so I should take him out. Then QuickBen will be outted as a liar and lynched on Day 3. I can't stop smiling as I plan to frame him.

What if Phate is NOT the roleblocker, but the roleswitcher? Then I have to predict who the remaining mafia will kill, protect, and roleblock. Tricky. Obviously, they will roleblock Thantos, the real cop. QuickBen will claim to protect him, but probably keep protecting his buddy. But I still don't know who they will really kill. If THIS is the scenario, then the cop isn't as big a threat as the mafia are. I will kill QuickBen if this happens.

In either scenario, I'm left with one mafia, with either RB or RS powers. I would prefer if Phate is the Roleblocker, as I do not want to be roleblocked later in the game. I need to find out who the third mafia is and plan their movements.

Night 2:

Damn. Phate was the switcher. I'll kill QuickBen.

I know that Than is the cop and QuickBen is the scumdoctor. Korlash, Holy, Sensfan are probably not the scum roleblocker, given the fact that Zhao argued with them. Probably kabenon, given this line by Zhao:
@kabenon: Would you care to add your thoughts on this?
So QuickBen is the scumdoctor and kabenon is the scumroleblocker. QB is probably protecting kabenon, and I know who everyone is.

Holy (TOWN, unpowered)
mikeburnfire (Serial Killer, mason)
Drunken Piper (TOWN, unpowered)
Thanatos (TOWN, sane cop)
QuickBen (SCUM, doc)
Korlash (TOWN, unpowered)
SensFan (TOWN, role re-opener)
kabenon007 (SCUM, roleblocker)
Skruffs (TOWN, unpowered)

Day 3:

Korlash and Quickben died, and their roles were just as I had predicted. That leaves 7 of us left. I will try to get kabenon killed today, as I believe he is the last scum, then kill Thantos tonight, as he is my next biggest threat. This will leave....

Holy (TOWN, unpowered)
mikeburnfire (Serial Killer, mason)
Drunken Piper (TOWN, unpowered)
SensFan (TOWN, role re-opener)
Skruffs (TOWN, unpowered)

Kabenon just got lynched. Thank God. I was worried that they'd actually go for Holy (was I really that convincing, or is she THAT scummy?). Kabenon's death is better for me, as I truly think he's the last scum, and the last thing I need is for him to cross-kill me in the middle of the night. It's not that the fact that I'd lose that would bother me, but rather the fact that it would be so anti-climactic. 'You wake up. Town wins'. Yaaawn.

I just saw Thanatos make a joking post about how funny it would be if he were alive tomorrow. HAHAHA. NOT BLOODY LIKELY! See you in hell, pig!

Night 3:

Kabenon's last-ditch plea had me second-guessing myself, but now that he's dead, I'm killing Thanatos.

Day 4:

Only the five of us are alive, just as I planned. It won't be hard to get Holy lynched today.

Night 4:

That was simple. Now who to kill? I guess I'll kill DP. Even though he's not very suspicious of me, he seems to be difficult to influence. Plus, having Sensfan and Skruffs alive will add a level of WIFOM to the equation.

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Full Setup:
[mrow][col]Player[col]Original Role Stub[col]Alignment Stub[col]Night 1 choice[col]Rolestub after Night 1[col]Night 2 choice[col]Night 3 choice[col]Night 4 choice [col]Holy[col]Unpowered[col]Town[col]N/A[col]Unpowered[col]N/A[col]N/A[col]Dead [col]Phate, replacing Sikario8[col]Roleswitcher[col]Mafia[col]Switch mikeburnfire and kabenon007[col]Role-switcher[col]Dead[col]Dead[col]Dead [col]mikeburnfire, replacing Jex[col]Roleblocker[col]SK[col]Kill Phate, Block Zhao[col]Night Communicator[col]Kill QuickBen[col]Kill Thanatos[col]Kill Drunken Piper [col]Drunken Piper[col]Unpowered[col]Town[col]N/A[col]Unpowered[col]N/A[col]N/A[col]N/A [col]Off the Mark[col]Unpowered[col]Town[col]Dead[col]Closed Unpowered[col]Dead[col]Dead[col]Dead [col]Thanatos[col]Sane Cop[col]Town[col]Investigate Phate[col]Sane Cop[col]Investigate QuickBen (blocked, but see QuickBen and/or kabenon007)[col]Investigate irrelavent[col]Dead [col]Zhao, replacing Cole[col]Night Communicator[col]Town[col]N/A[col]Closed Night Communicator[col]Dead[col]Dead[col]Dead [col]QuickBen[col]Doc[col]Mafia[col]Protect Phate[col]Doc[col]Kill Korlash (this was a mod screw up, QuickBen was supposed to kill Thanatos)[col]Dead[col]Dead [col]Korlash, replacing tyhess[col]Unpowered[col]Town[col]N/A[col]Unpowered[col]N/A[col]Dead[col]Dead [col]SensFan[col]Role-reopener[col]Town[col]No choice[col]Role-reopener[col]No choice[col]Re-open Role Switcher[col]No choice [col]kabenon007[col]Night Communicator[col]Mafia[col]Kill Zhao[col]Roleblocker[col]Block Thanatos (When I realized I screwed up the mafia kill, and when I realized I hadn't sent Thanatos his results yet, I decided the best way to handle it was to have Thanatos blocked, since it was too late to have him killed instead of Korlash)[col]Dead[col]Dead] [col]Skruffs, replacing Panzerjager, replacing Korran[col]Unpowered[col]Town[col]N/A[col]Unpowered[col]N/A[col]N/A[col]N/A
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by bird1111 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/AZgu25ghStC5x Night Communicator Board (don't remember why I said what I said the way I said it)

http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/yHrtTj78kUWhB Mafia Board
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Korlash »

... Well that sucks...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Zhao
Zhao
Goon
Zhao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Zhao »

Kudos on the win Mike, you did really well. I’m surprised that you were the only one to catch my breadcrumbing about Kabanon007 being my mason buddy. I had various statements in Day 1 mentioned the fact I considered the mason and mafia the only real ‘teams’. I think if you didn’t nail him, the town probably would not have caught him because he was playing a very unnoticeable game.

Reading over the mason conversation, it’s funny but I was pressing for Kabanon007 to talk more of Phate, Thantos and Quickben and he hesitated because 2 were his mafia partners! From the mafia conversations, looks like I caused Kabanon007 to change his mind and I actually saved Thantos but caused my own demise. Would probably have been a different game if they killed the cop as they originally decided!
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

Damn...well played Mike.
schooled me liked a little tike.
(hic)
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Thanatos »

You know, I always had this sneaking suspicion about Mike the whole time I was dead. He was just too perfect and in control. He reminds me of myself when I play SK. I feel proud of myself for being right, and a little sad that we all died in the end.

I wonder though. Had I been alive, I wonder if I would have investigated Mike. Or argued against him...Either way, Mike played Exceptionally well. Good show, man.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by SensFan »

Great game, MBF.

mikeburnfire wrote:Looks like my vote is going to be the one that decides the game. I'm ecstatic.
Just a question, why didn't you just hammer Skruffs here?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

One explanation is that I felt that Skruffs was playing well and deserved to be endgamed rather than lynched.

Another explanation is that I wanted to watch you and Skruffs argue for each others' lynches.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Skruffs »

I saw the trap, I described the trap, I went over who was more likely to have set it, and in the end stepped in it anyways.

I wish I hadn't gotten quite so caught up in sensfan's indignancy at being a suspect, I had my finger on it yesterday when I was talking about mbf's play fittinng that of someone who 'knows'.

I want scum to explain their reasoning for their decisions.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Holy »

Believe me, I'm just THAT scummy :p
and not only here, but everywhere I play >.>
No one believe my sincerity ;_; sobs...!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Korlash »

I believe you Holy! ;_; But I was dead... *cries* Why?!?!?! WHYMEEEEEE....

Ok... why else?

O.o you knew about that?

Ok... why else?

SEE NO REASON AT ALL!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”