Newbie #551 - Death Comes to Isavun (OVAH!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Kison »

Why might we be scum together?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Scigatt »

PS to last post:Kison's subtle dismissal of a bandwagon on Dean Harper withgout a good explanation. It may not mean anything, though.

Here's what I think of the other players:

windkirby:Trust more than Kison, but still somewhat suspicious.
Kison:Not sure either way.
Dean Harper:No clue whatsoever
Khelv:Pretty scummy for the reasons TheStranger pointed out.
TheStranger and Singing Librarian: Solidly pro-town so far, but that doesn't mean I haven't got my eye on you. Also, I'd like to read what Singing Librarian says about recent events in this game.

Also, almost forgot.
Vote:Khelvaster
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Kison wrote:Why might we be scum together?
Just you starting the bandwagon together. It's a very speculative conjecture, (involving WIFOM), though. Like I mentioned, I wouldn't even FoS based on it.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by TheStranger »

I think those are very wishy washy opinions, Scigatt, but still better than nothing. Can you think of any NEW observations or insights? I really can't blame you if you can't.

Dean Harper where are you?

Khelv, I think it best you claimed.

I think we've got a decent day 1 here, even though it's slowed at times.
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

Scigatt wrote: Also, I'd like to read what Singing Librarian says about recent events in this game.
Recent events? Since my last post:

TheStranger votes for Dean Harper for lurking. I agree that Dean needs to post more before we can get any sort of read on him.

Then, TheStranger unvotes and returns to Kison, saying that our only options are to lynch a lurker or lynch Kison. Either is technically better than no lynch, but it does continue TheStranger's record of changing vote more often than anyone else - not bandwagon-hopping, though, so I think it's OK.

Kison and TheStranger vote for Khelvaster, both opting for the 'lynch a lurker' option, and I can sort of see Kison's reasoning that as one of our experienced players, Khelvaster should probably be contributing more than he has been.

Dean chimes in to say he's here, and Khelvaster reappears briefly to change his vote to Windkirby. I then chuckled to myself when windkirby said he was happy with his own vote, with a phrase he had objected to when Kison had used it. It amused me at the same time as adding a wee bit of further confirmation to me that my vote is placed on scum.

Scigatt appears and votes for Khelvaster with no reasoning given (though we can probably all understand the reasons) and is rightly called out for bandwagoning by TheStranger. Unvotes then revotes.

I still think the mostly likely scum here is windkirby. I really want to see more from Dean Harper, because I don't like the idea that we should automatically suspect lurkers, but we can't really unsuspect him either (particularly at 2 days to deadline). TheStranger still reads as pro-town, but quite aggressively so. Khelvaster hasn't exactly helped recently, with his post content tailing off somewhat. My opinion of Scigatt has gone down over the last page of posts, despite his belief in me - his lack of explanation particularly wasn't helpful.

From most to least scummy from my impressions: windkirby, Scigatt, Kison/Khelvaster on equal pegging, TheStranger, with Dean Harper being nowhere and everywhere on the list.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Kison »

With the potential risk of dying tonight, I need to say that Windkirby's last post makes me like him a whole lot less.
windkirby wrote:We have six days to lynch someone, and
it is much wiser for us to out a possible mafia than to enter day two with a lynch-or-lose
(excluding doctor) with nothing to go on.
Indicating we should avoid no-lynch at all cost.
windkirby wrote:
I'm happy with my vote.
Where are ya guys?
...yet at this point I had what, one vote on me?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 am

Post by windkirby »

SL - The only
reason
I used the phrase was because Kison had used it. I was saying it as a joke. I guess I really do need to start using emoticons.

Not to say that I am changing my vote. I'm certainly not comfortable lynching Khelv before his response, so my vote seems best placed on Kison, who seems scummiest to me.

Kison- had it been a day or two before the deadline, I would have switched votes over to Khelv seeing as a lynch is better than none, but we still had a few days, and I was planning on being available for a vote change in case Khelv didn't have enough votes, so I don't see the point of trying to lynch him earlier than necessary.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Kison »

I'm not asking you to switch, but you didn't seem intent on helping something happen before the deadline. That's all I'm saying. Obviously he shouldn't be lynched before he has had the opportunity to respond and I don't expect you to switch until then. I'm referring to before.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seventh Vote Count of Day One:

Khelvaster - 3 (Kison, TheStranger, Scigatt)

windkirby - 2 (Singing Librarian, Khelvaster)
Kison - 1 (windkirby)

Not Voting - 1 (Dean Harper)

With seven alive, it will take four votes to lynch normally.
However there is also a deadline in place for the end of Wednesday; at that time, three votes will be enough to lynch someone, provided no more than six votes are cast in total. If all seven of you are voting but no one has a majority, I will declare a No Lynch.
If nothing changes, at deadline Khelvaster will be lynched.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Kison »

Khelv man where the hell are ya?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

re-read =
vote: windkirby
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 am

Post by windkirby »

Thanks for the explanage at putting me at L-1, DH.

I'm going to make a very controversial move here:
vote: Khelvaster

I am convinced that Kison would switch his vote to me as soon as he sees that I'm at L-1, and as I know I'm not scum, I'm going to prevent this by hammering Khelvaster. His unexplained lurking is really the only bone I have to pick with him, and it's a pretty big one, but would rather lynch someone whose identity I don't know rather than watch myself get lynched. Maybe that seems scummy, but to me it makes sense.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:32 am

Post by TheStranger »

FOS
Dean Harper for tommorow, regardless of Khelv's alignment.
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Kison »

Actually, WK, I saw that vote last night and didn't switch.

Reason : I'm not convinced one way or another with you. Yes, I find you scummy, but with you there is a chance I can come to a better conclusion tomorrow whereas with Khelv, his lack of participation has made this next to impossible, and would continue to be a problem for us tomorrow if I happen to be wrong about you.

Cheers!
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Well, gg. I'm scum. Kison's my partner. This game is fail.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I really did screw up what I did with that question to the mod. Despite that, what I said was completely honest: Metagame questions shouldn't be taken into the actual game, and anything like that which could easily be a typo should just be ignored.

And Kison, I'm sorry. I ruined this game for both of us.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by TheStranger »

I'm inclined to believe Khelv. Seriously, let's lynch Kison tommorow.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Final Vote Count of Day One:

Khelvaster - 4 (Kison, TheStranger, Scigatt, windkirby)

windkirby - 3 (Singing Librarian, Khelvaster, Dean Harper)

Khelvaster, bitter and defiant to the end, hangs as scum and shoots an accusatory finger at Kison, naming him as the other scum. What will tomorrow bring?

Khelvaster,
Mafia Roleblocker
, was lynched Day One.

It is now Night One; all choices are due to me by the end of Thursday, March 13th.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Whether it was his calling for Kison's head or just his.. 'strange' looks, The RBK Stranger did not live through the night. A gunshot wound to the temple will tend to do that to you...

Note: Any attempt to use my 'flavor' text to determine guilt, innocence, or night actions is done at your own peril and ridicule. This is merely here to give you something to read before I say:

TheStranger, Townie, was killed Night One.

It is now Day Two; with five alive, three votes will be enough to lynch.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by Scigatt »

I call WIFOM.

Anyways, before we lynch anyone, we should discuss roleclaims, suspicious posts, etc. We should all be wary of Khelv's accusation. After all, he still has a chance of winning the game, and he is(was, whatever) scum. Anyways, even without that post, we should be guaranteed a win(Mafia RB dead, Cop and Doc still alive) if we play correctly. The best result that can occur by trusting Khelv's accusation would be moving up the town win by a day. However, if Khelv was lying, then trusting him could let the Mafia steal the game. It is on this basis that I recommend we ignore the accusation at this moment.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:29 am

Post by windkirby »

Yeah, the post doesn't seem all that sincere to base anything off of.

claim: Vanilla Townie

Everyone else should probably claim now, right? And the scum will probably be one of the three townies unless he fakeclaims cop or doc. Doesn't seem like it'll be too difficult to figure this out.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Kison »

I'm the Cop.

I investigated TheStranger because of that line he dropped end of yesterday. Looks like someone's setting me up, and it's quite unfortunate that it will not work out for them, because the game is officially over for the last mafia. Might as well claim scum, but I'll understand if you want to nab one of us before the end. :)

Right now we have this :

1)
Vanilla Townie

2)
Vanilla Townie

3)
Cop

4)
Doctor

5)
Mafia Goon

If anyone counterclaims the doc or cop, then we win this game automatically, because from that point on there are only two suspects, with two days remaining to lynch the right suspect. So I claimed cop. Let's say Dean Harper counter claims me. We'd lynch me today. I'd wind up being the cop. Tomorrow, you lynch Dean Harper, and he's the scum. No townie would lie about their role, and if that happens and we lose the game, shame on you. ;)

However, I investigated TheStranger last night, which means that we've got 3 suspects right now : The three who will claim
Vanilla Townie

What we do is lynch one of them. Doesn't matter which. The doctor will protect me. Scum will probably kill the doctor. I will investigate one of the two remaining "Vanilla Townies"

I either get innocent or guilty. If I get innocent, the last remaining claimed vanilla townie will be the last scum.

So let's finish claiming and wrap this game up.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 am

Post by windkirby »

One thing's for sure: I feel so bad for the scum right now... It's impossible for him/her to win.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:49 am

Post by windkirby »

Sorry to double post, but am I the only one a little unnerved that Scigatt didn't roleclaim him/herself? With one scum left, there'd be nothing to lose...
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Scigatt »

windkirby wrote:Sorry to double post, but am I the only one a little unnerved that Scigatt didn't roleclaim him/herself? With one scum left, there'd be nothing to lose...
Sorry, I was rushing that post to prevent a Kison quicklynch.

claim: Townie

Also, don't be too sure about the win, Kison. I remember being in the same situation in my very first game here and we still ended up losing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”