Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Battle Mage wrote:I can go with this today, but tomorrow we defo kill Beep Beep, k?
Thanks, you're a pal! ;-)
petroleumjelly wrote: (In fact, the only way it becomes skewed is if somebody relies on voting patterns way too much. And yes, this is a direct reference to Beep! Beep!).
You are wrong. Yesterday I voted forfarside22, a player who was not particularly high on my list, on account of role claim and role name information.
petroleumjelly wrote:I can definitely see CKD as scum; and it certainly is not inconsistent with being scum
with
Beep! Beep! They have each called each other the Jester, and essentially avoided commenting on each other in detail by falling back on this.
That comment is vastly misleading. He called me Jester because he was scum, it turns out; but I called him Jester because he was soooooooooooooo scum I thought he might have been doing it on purpose. Especially towards the end of the day. In fact I was hoping CKD would be vigged, or caught in crossfire, from my having pointed out his Jesterishness.

I also agree with mathcam that you laid pretty sweet and low most the the game, until I started to suspect you, PJ. And this morning, you come out of the barn kicking and shouting orders, trying to gain control of the populace, and trying to appear pro-town.

However, you slipped up quite a bit on your own banana peels, encouraging hasdagas to break his PR, pointing your guns at me (for having dared to find you scummy), and demanding that 3 people analyze Amelia, but not asking anybody to analyze YOU.
Beep! Beep!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Thesp »

Official D4 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

curiouskarmadog - 4
(hasdgfas, Beep! Beep!, Mathcam, Battle Mage)
hasdgfas - 1
(curiouskarmadog)

Not Voting - 6
(AmeliaSlay, Holy, Iammars, Mastermind of Sin, Mr_Gnome_It_All, petroleumjelly)

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

this is sad..I can not believe you people are following Has to blindly....I am at -2 right now, based on this? Lets see how fast scum jumps on this wagon to hammer...nice,

Well, you are about ready to lose a power role...so I suggest you calm down and remove some votes and actually have conversation today?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Well, you are about ready to lose a power role...so I suggest you calm down and remove some votes and actually have conversation today?
Not unless you claim.
Beep! Beep!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

He probably hasn't figured out what he's going to claim yet.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 am

I have bread crumbed my role kids...noting that no one seems to question Has's claim...like a good question might be..."Hey Has, what does your card look like?" I am sure a Jack of all Trades card must looking interesting.

I am (a)the role blocker...I targetted someone last night, but it wasnt Pooky.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Show the breadcrumbs.

I don't believe has would pull this off. Because we'll hang him tomorrow if he's wrong, and he knows it. So I don't believe you, and I believe has.
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:50 am

Beep! Beep! wrote:Show the breadcrumbs.

I don't believe has would pull this off. Because we'll hang him tomorrow if he's wrong, and he knows it. So I don't believe you, and I believe has.

you can say the same thing about me, but switch our names...

Bolding the crumb
curiouskarmadog wrote:
R
W, I agree.
B
eep Beep, your theory is that because the mafia didnt kill farside this proves that he is scum?
R
eally?
B
ecause wouldnt it be a good idea for the mafia to target someone else and push to kill farside today?
R
ight, why are you dismissing that fact?
B
etter to wait a bit to see what information Pooky provides, for a have a feeling my vote is going to change.

unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Holy »

Apparently, I'm doing good in hunting docs, lol.
;_;

petroleumjelly wrote:
Holy

1.)
What do you think of Beep! Beep! now that she cannot possibly be the jester?
After I re-read her, I think she might be scum who hides behind her scum scores smoothly. I don't trust her PBPA too, said about get a "
solid
town vibe" about someone, made me suspicion her more.

Hm, CKD reaction is so OMGUSsy, I clearly get what hasdgfas meant, I think CKD's attempt to discredit hasgdfas' reveal of whether is it Pooky or him is an overemphasize attempt to survive, which likely came from scum.

I definitely will vote CKD. Amen.

Regarding PJ's frustration and his attempt to understand more about other players, I don't think that as scummy. Sometimes I did that too if I must (depends on the town), and from experience, usually I end up being lynched after that kind of effort ;_; Well, might be because I'm suck when doing that, I guess.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Holy »

Hm, roleblocker. But not targeting Pooky, it didn't fits with the track result claim.

NB: CKD, your 'breadcrumb' sucks.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
R
W, I agree.
B
eep Beep, your theory is that because the mafia didnt kill farside this proves that he is scum?
R
eally?
B
ecause wouldnt it be a good idea for the mafia to target someone else and push to kill farside today?
R
B
etter to wait a bit to see what information Pooky provides, for a have a feeling my vote is going to change.
That's a pretty late game breadcrumb. Do you have breadcrumbs for other roles scattered in your posts? You've given yourself a pretty wide time frame for breadcrumbing. I suspect you might have some backup plans.
Beep! Beep!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Holy »

@CKD: Who did you blocked then? And why?

Sorry for the trip-posts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
R
W, I agree.
B
R
eally?
B
R
B
That's a pretty late game breadcrumb. Do you have breadcrumbs for other roles scattered in your posts? You've given yourself a pretty wide time frame for breadcrumbing. I suspect you might have some backup plans.
Im not buying it. I might have been slightly more inclined to believe you had you claimed vanilla. The fact that you have been caught out and about, follows on to a power role claim. And Beep Beep is right about that Breadcrumb being weak. The idea about a breadcrumb is that it should be prominent enough so we know u havent breadcrumbed multiple roles at different times. This is too weak. And regardless, we've guaranteed ourselves a 50-50 shot at scum. I'm pretty happy to go with that. :)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:43 am

Holy wrote:Hm, roleblocker. But not targeting Pooky, it didn't fits with the track result claim.

that is why I know that Has is lying..I did target someone last night, but it wasnt Pooky...Has claims he tracked me to pooky, but I didnt go there...if I was going to lie about my claim, wouldnt it have been easier for me to say yeah I am a roleblocker and yeah I targetted pooky? That would explain why I went there...and I didnt just make it up because I bread crumbed that a while ago...

Beep, read through my post....see if I have left any other crumbs...I tend to like to leave easy crumbs to find so that they can not be manipulated or confused..

I have to head out now...

Last night I targetted RW.
Night 2, Talitha
Night 1, Talitha
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Why RW?
Why Talitha?
Why Talitha?

Why not me?
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 am

also, if I should hang today, I think those who thought Has was scummy the days past because of his "PR" now automatically believe him should be put under the microscope...I agree with PJ, Has is hiding behind his PR..again, what does that card look like Has?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Holy wrote:Hm, roleblocker. But not targeting Pooky, it didn't fits with the track result claim.

that is why I know that Has is lying..I did target someone last night, but it wasnt Pooky...Has claims he tracked me to pooky, but I didnt go there...if I was going to lie about my claim, wouldnt it have been easier for me to say yeah I am a roleblocker and yeah I targetted pooky? That would explain why I went there...and I didnt just make it up because I bread crumbed that a while ago...

Beep, read through my post....see if I have left any other crumbs
...I tend to like to leave easy crumbs to find so that they can not be manipulated or confused..

I have to head out now...

Last night I targetted RW.
Night 2, Talitha
Night 1, Talitha
in other words: "hey scumbuddy. Please can you have a little look to see if any of my other posts can be construed as breadcrumbs for me?"

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

To respond to Beep! Beep!:

1.)
I asked hasdgfas to break his restriction before he claimed to have a tracking result; you asked him
not
to break his restriction
after
he claimed. The two contexts are quite different.

2.)
Despite you claiming to not rely on your scum scores, you sure go out of your way to post them. You are relying too much on them both for your suspicions so far as I am concerned, as well as to make it seem like you are putting effort into the game.

3.)
Please show me how I 'laid low' in the game. I feel like I have been one of the more vocal players in the game.

~~~~~
Battle Mage wrote:The idea about a breadcrumb is that it should be prominent enough so we know u havent breadcrumbed multiple roles at different times. This is too weak
Regardless of CKD's alignment, I do not think his breadcrumb was particularly weak. He crumbed the same role three times in the same post; if he had claimed something else, it would have been quite easy to spot his RB-crumb given that you have three chances to find it. In my experience, players crumb using first letters of sentences all the time. The bigger factor is by the fact that he claimed to have crumbed on page 42 of the game.

~~~~~

Additionally, I am clearly not
so
belieivng of has's claim as everybody else appears to be.
Beep! Beep! wrote:I don't believe has would pull this off. Because we'll hang him tomorrow if he's wrong, and he knows it. So I don't believe you, and I believe has.
hasdgfas just solidified the lynching of Farside22 yesterday by claiming to have killed Sarcastro last night. Given that Farside22 turned out to be a Doc, and I 100% believe she was a Quack Doc who killed her patients, this necessitates that if hasdgfas is telling the truth, Sarcastro was necessarily double-killed (unless there is role deflection / redirection or whatever).

This effectively means that hasdgfas has not proven his role at all. He claimed early in the game that he would get a negative side result from having 'broken his restriction' on Night One, and yet to his knowledge nothing happened.

If he thought he were going to come under pressure today with the off-chance of being lynched, he really might as well
take down another player in the process
. I've said it
before
and I'll say it
again
: war of attrition could be an option to the scum. For all we know, the town is in LyLo, or one lynch away from LyLo. I can
easily
see scum-hasdgfas claiming to have had a false tracking result to get a townsperson lynched as a final flipping-of-the-bird to the town. The game is about a
collective win
, not
individual survival

Regardless, this just means I am considering the situation. I am not at all sure which (if either) scenario we are dealing with.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

petroleumjelly wrote:To respond to Beep! Beep!:

1.)
I asked hasdgfas to break his restriction before he claimed to have a tracking result; you asked him
not
to break his restriction
after
he claimed. The two contexts are quite different.

2.)
Despite you claiming to not rely on your scum scores, you sure go out of your way to post them. You are relying too much on them both for your suspicions so far as I am concerned, as well as to make it seem like you are putting effort into the game.

3.)
Please show me how I 'laid low' in the game. I feel like I have been one of the more vocal players in the game.

~~~~~
Battle Mage wrote:The idea about a breadcrumb is that it should be prominent enough so we know u havent breadcrumbed multiple roles at different times. This is too weak
Regardless of CKD's alignment, I do not think his breadcrumb was particularly weak. He crumbed the same role three times in the same post; if he had claimed something else, it would have been quite easy to spot his RB-crumb given that you have three chances to find it. In my experience, players crumb using first letters of sentences all the time. The bigger factor is by the fact that he claimed to have crumbed on page 42 of the game.
THAT's enough to convince you?!
A couple of his sentences started with the letters 'B' and 'R'. Oh silly me, he must be an RB. -.-

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Six sentences
in the same post started with an alternating "R" and "B". That is not happenstance; it was very clearly done as breadcrumb. Most players only breadcrumb things once (such as Clearly... Over... Persnickity for a COP claim). Doing it three times makes it far from weak; this means that if CKD had claimed something
else
, there would be
no way
he would be able to avoid that particular post. That post was very clearly made as a breadcrumb as an RB-claim, and nothing else. By inserting the question "Really?" and additionally using the beginning phrase "Right,", there is no way that post can be seen as occuring from happenstance; he used
awkward language
so that he could get himself to use those particular letters in that particular order.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

petroleumjelly wrote:...

Six sentences
in the same post started with an alternating "R" and "B". That is not happenstance; it was very clearly done as breadcrumb. Most players only breadcrumb things once (such as Clearly... Over... Persnickity for a COP claim). Doing it three times makes it far from weak; this means that if CKD had claimed something
else
, there would be
no way
he would be able to avoid that particular post. That post was very clearly made as a breadcrumb as an RB-claim, and nothing else. By inserting the question "Really?" and additionally using the beginning phrase "Right,", there is no way that post can be seen as occuring from happenstance; he used
awkward language
so that he could get himself to use those particular letters in that particular order.
and you noticed the breadcrumb at the time right?
because i didnt. And im pretty sure i wouldnt have UNTIL HE CHOSE TO POINT IT OUT.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Seem? Seem??? Seem like putting effort into the game???

It takes me hours to make these calculations, thank you very much.

And I don't need to show and tell how you've been laying low. Everyone has noticed that you totally changed tone since I pointed to you as possible scum.
petroleumjelly wrote:Regardless of CKD's alignment, I do not think his breadcrumb was particularly weak.
The weakness is in the TIMING of the breadcrumb. Why was it not early in the game? Who breadcrumbs on Day 3? Scum. Why did he choose to roleblock Talitha??? She wasn't scummy at all. But she is dead, and she cannot contradict. Ross William is also dead.

Day 3 breadcrumb and all dead targets = scum.
petroleumjelly wrote:hasdgfas just solidified the lynching of Farside22 yesterday by claiming to have killed Sarcastro last night
Actually, hasdagas seemed to be very conscious of the possibility of there being a double-kill.
petroleumjelly wrote:If he thought he were going to come under pressure today with the off-chance of being lynched, he really might as well
take down another player in the process
But hasdagas is in no such danger - not even close.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:56 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

*rubs temples*

No, I did not notice the breadcrumb. The point of a breadcrumb is for it
not to be noticed until it is pointed out
. The relevant point here is this:

If CKD had claimed a different role today, I (at the very least) would have isolated his posts and looked for common methods of breadcrumbing roles (the first letter of sentences being one of them). I almost definitely would have found that post, and given the repitition of RB three separate times, he would have completely discredited himself. Breadcrumbs are generally only found when they are being looked for. I have had no reason up until now to scan his posts for crumbs.

As it is, I am still going to isolate his posts and determine whether or not he dropped a different breadcrumb (or more) in other posts, but only when I have the time and patience to do so.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

good. i look forward to seeing this pbpa.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 am

Post by mathcam »

Interesting that the bread-crumb was your first post after Pooky's gambit. If you were really a RB, wouldn't you have come forward, having no reason to suspect that Pooky was lying? On the other hand, it would certainly be easier for a mafia to say "Well, I bread-crumbed my RB role, but didn't want to come forward until the scum did," or something to that effect.

Let me also echo the question of why you targeted Tally -- I had her down (incorrectly, obviously) as a likely doc at that point through my read.

Finally, since you're apparently claiming that the first step in my argument is the faulty one, let me probe deeper -- Why didn't you deny that you targeted Pooky? Why did you phrase that one quote the way you did?

Cam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”