Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Incognito »

Well if you must know, I was on earlier, I saw Sir Tornado post within this Coney Island forum, I thought that he may have FINALLY posted in our very game, I learned that he didn't, and so I instinctively unvoted and placed a vote on Sir Tornado to hopefully draw out the lurker.

Plus I had a dream last night that this day ended and we lynched Sir Tornado who ended up being scum. I can't argue with my dreams.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:57 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ok, now what seperates Sir T from Akonas and jack-dillon? Both of them are lurkers as well. And Akonas has also posted today as well.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Incognito »

jack_dillon isn't a lurker. He hasn't posted anywhere on MS since Tuesday and will likely need to be replaced. I could have also easily voted for Akonas but unfortunately I only have one vote and again, it was more instinctive because I saw Sir Tornado post in one of his other games directly before I voted for him. I thought maybe he would have seen my vote and actually
said
something finally but alas, that didn't pan over too well. Plus I was already in the process of criticizing Sir Tornado's attitude towards this game here: Post Number 102.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Metagaming is tech.

That is all.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

antitown=/=scum
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Incognito »

Flameaxe wrote:Metagaming is tech.

That is all.
Meaning?
scotmany12 wrote:antitown=/=scum
No shit, Sherlock.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Miztef »

Incognito's choice case makes sense. There is a distict difference from a lurker and someone who is inactive on the site. Lurking implies
intentionally
avoiding posting to leave as little info as possible to get a lead on.

However, I disagree with it on the basis that sir tornado has stated previously that he just has nothing interesting to post about. While this may not be optimal town play, I believe that posting minimally is part of sir tornado's normal playstyle.

Right now, Nightmare is still by far the most suspicious for me. Too many odd statements and posts have pointed him out as more scummy then most.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Incognito »

Miztef, Flameaxe, and scotmany12: You've all attempted to give Sir Tornado this out to explain that while Sir Tornado hasn't been posting, he could still be town-aligned. I would like each of you to point me in the direction of this meta that you all seem to have information about that supports this idea.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Mini 548

Deadline game much like this. Replaced early on into day 1, posted very little, nked by mafia.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Patrick wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I didn't see any questions there, and still don't. Can you clarify? I AM still alive.
The part where I said, "What's all this stuff about alts?" is undeniably a question. You have some reasoning for voting Nightmare based on alts which seems flawed to me and I've explained why, the obvious thing for you to do would be to explain why it's not flawed (or concede that it is).
I missed that. Post 99 should explain my point. He based one or more argument on lies. As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for town!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Patrick »

Gorrad wrote:I missed that. Post 99 should explain my point. He based one or more argument on lies.
Yes, I saw post 99. I don't understand how he's lied. His second statement where he says, "You've found me, congrats..." seemed like he was pretty obviously joking. Are you claiming that was serious and that he is in fact an alt?

I have no real problem with Incognito's pressure vote on Tornado. I don't see why people are so eager to defend Tornado so quickly.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Akonas »

Miztef wrote:again, I agree with incognito on all fronts.
[snip]
on the other hand though, his content is negligible, although not as bad as sir tornado's, whose I agree again is going a bad way of play.
So, you agree with everything he said but he didn't say anything, and then you don't say anything new in return?

Miztef wrote:@Your Worst Nightmare: I am so very confused, did you or did you not have a second account?
Why do you care so much? Does it really matter?

FoS: Miztef

Flameaxe seems very reactionary.
Machiavellian-Mafia's posting bothers me a bit; he's pushing the fourth-vote-is-scum-and-everything-now-is-purposeful thing too much. But I'll save some complaints until he gets back.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Akonas, I think you're misreading Miztef in the first quote. The person he was referring to with negligible content was scotmany12, not Incognito. As for your second quote, does it bother you that I pretty much asked Nightmare the same?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

Im not defending Incognito, but I have a bad feeling about scotmany and Flameaxe. Oh, the irony. They seem to imply that Incognito's vote is scummy for not knowing SirT's usual style.
I can see lurking as a style but when you dont comment something at this satte of the game then you're not scumhunting, you're just waiting for something else. IMO, I agree antitownie=/scum, but antitownie players dont help us much and should be suspected because they very well could be mafia.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Miztef »

ok, I'm just gonna clarify a few things:

About Sir Tornado, I don't think incognito is wrong in his logic, it is fine to say "Purposefully lurking = bad town play". However, in Sir Tornado's case, possibly because of my bias of playing against him in other games, but also because of his post saying "Me posting a lot or not depends on my mood, feelings about the particular game and the general discussion in it. The discussion in this game so far (about the fourth vote, Your Worst Nightmare being an alt or not, etc) has been uninspiring to me at best and hence you can see I haven't posted much in it. " (post 101). His lurking is somewhat understandable. If it continues after he is long over due to post content, then we will have a problem.

About YWN, I care if he has an alt account or not because it seemed he was trying to hide something. Playing mind games and screwing with the town is not my idea of good town play. Clarifying his muddy position was important to understand if he is purposefully causing disruption, or just kidding around. For me, his posts are causing purposeful confusion, and are not just light-hearted jokes.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Akonas »

Miztef wrote:About YWN, I care if he has an alt account or not because it seemed he was trying to hide something. Playing mind games and screwing with the town is not my idea of good town play. Clarifying his muddy position was important to understand if he is purposefully causing disruption, or just kidding around. For me, his posts are causing purposeful confusion, and are not just light-hearted jokes.
Muddy position... on what? Whether he is an alt or not? I don't see why you care. I see wanting to know but I don't see how it matters, really.

Flameaxe seems to be posting short one-liners that don't contribute much. However, he has made a few good points. And a lot of people are posting mostly one-liners.

I'd like to hear from Sir Tornado. If you're uninspired, then inspire us.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Incognito »

Akonas wrote:Muddy position... on what? Whether he is an alt or not? I don't see why you care. I see wanting to know but I don't see how it matters, really.
Just to put in my two cents, I'm of a slightly different opinion of Miztef. I
do
happen to think that the alt account thing does matter but for a different reason from Miztef. If YourWorstNightmare is an alt, I would like to meta-game him to see if the alt's owner actually supports the same position of "L-3 is bad" or not. If the alt's owner doesn't, then I'd realize that YWN was making a bigger deal of the scotmany12 situation than was necessary, and I'd be willing to allow my vote to carry to his lynch just based on that and other arguments that I brought up against him.

Akonas, you missed a few questions that Patrick had for you.

People need to fucking post, btw.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Glork »

The Jester replaces jack_dillon, effective immediately. Prodding Machiavellian-Mafia and Sir Tornado. Each has 24 hours to psot before I begin seeking replacements.

Vote Count:

Your Worst Nightmare 2 (Gorrad, Miztef)
Flameaxe 2 (Akonas, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Sir Tornado 2 (Patrick, Incognito)
scotmany12 1 (The Jester)
Machiavellian-Mafia 1 (scotmany12)

Not Voting: Sir Tornado, Flameaxe, populartajo, Your Worst Nightmare

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Remember that day ends by
Monday, March 17
. No majority at deadline means no lynch will be made.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by The Jester »

Unvote

What? Where? What's this? Who are you?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

scotmany12 wrote:Mini 548

Deadline game much like this. Replaced early on into day 1, posted very little, nked by mafia.
I did not replace into it to be honest. Sweet Lime was my alt. I just changed the account I was playing that game with.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Hello Jester. Are you, by any chance the same person who owned me in Mini 466?
Incognito wrote: Just to put in my two cents, I'm of a slightly different opinion of Miztef. I do happen to think that the alt account thing does matter but for a different reason from Miztef. If YourWorstNightmare is an alt, I would like to meta-game him to see if the alt's owner actually supports the same position of "L-3 is bad" or not. If the alt's owner doesn't, then I'd realize that YWN was making a bigger deal of the scotmany12 situation than was necessary, and I'd be willing to allow my vote to carry to his lynch just based on that and other arguments that I brought up against him.
I still don't get why whether he is an alt or not is all that important. I think that people generally create alts because, more often than not, they want to try out a new style of playing. So, even if he is an alt, it doesn't help us too much to find out how his original account played.
I'm back!
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by The Jester »

Nope, I'm "THE jester" you were owned by just "A" jester. :P

He's not an Alt, he only posted on here to ask a mafia question, look at his profile. Oh and I go on the other site that he plays mafia games at. Besides I was the one who wanted him to play this game in the first place.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Miztef »

The Jester wrote:Nope, I'm "THE jester" you were owned by just "A" jester. :P

He's not an Alt, he only posted on here to ask a mafia question, look at his profile. Oh and I go on the other site that he plays mafia games at. Besides I was the one who wanted him to play this game in the first place.
That makes a good bunch of sense. At least that's mostly cleared up now.

I'm glad sir tornado has started posting now.

Overall... ya, only good comments, nothing that strikes me as anonymously kill worthy at the moment. Odd.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm on dubious internet access at the moment, as a heads up. Hopefully to be solved quickly.

Here's my understanding of the alt business. I get the impression that in Post 75, and then in Post 99, Gorrad is saying that Nightmare lied, by contradicting himself over whether or not he's an alt, and that Gorrad is using that as a reason to be suspicious of Nightmare. I don't like this, because it seems pretty clear to me that in the second quote of post 75, Nightmare is joking around, and his response has confirmed that. I also don't like the way Gorrad is lurking to avoid answering my questions about it, in the context of this game which is speed mafia.
Unvote, Vote: Gorrad

@Akonas, you seem to have based part of a FoS of Miztef for caring about whether or not Nightmare is an alt. Did you read any of the discussion between me and Gorrad, which shows why it's important? Why are you only targetting Miztef with this when both Gorrad and I have made a bigger deal about it than him? I'll reiterate that I don't think Nightmare is an alt.
Incognito wrote:People need to fucking post, btw.
QFT
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

The Jester wrote:What? Where? What's this? Who are you?
Your Worst Nightmare. :D

Also, welcome. We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one. Your specimen has been processed and we are now ready to begin the test proper.

@Incognito, to discern if my actions
now
are suspicious or not, you need to know how I've played in
past
games? Games that I've played with different roles, with different moods, together with different people, and with much more free time than I have today?...
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”