armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by armlx »

Rigel wrote:
armlx wrote:I'm currently happy with an opie or Rigel lynch. Dean apparently acts this way in his other games too, so its a null tell on him and makes Rigel's attack on him a bit more scummy.
So, what you're saying is that because Dean acts this way in other games, I'm scummy for attacking him for acting in such a way? When I have never played a game with Dean, nor have I read any games he was involved in, to the best of my knowledge, and would thus have no knowledge of his playing strategy? In what way does that makes sense?
You act as if these are things I automatically know. With that clarification, you attack on him made no more scummy by his play style.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Rigel (3): chaotic_diablo, DeanWinchester, Sarcastro
Dean Winchester (3): skitzer, aioqwe, opie
chaotic_diablo (1): andersonw
skitzer (1): ZONEACE
opie (1): armlx
Andersonw (1): Rigel

Not voting (1): springlullaby

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch. Deadline: March 19
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

opie wrote:I agree that on its face it appears to be fishing. But if this were a true issue of scum fishing for a role, then it just seems clumsy and ham fisted. This fact makes me give pause as to whether or not it is a true scum tell. For me it is something to note as we move forward.
I agree that it does appear clumsy and ham-fisted.
Rigel wrote:Armlx, what was your actual reasoning for voting the mod? Clearly, you were trying to measure the "shenanigan level" of the game, and clearly, it is an 11, seeing as how the mod can be voted and presumably lynched.
So you
obviously
must have a hint into the game mechanics the rest of us are not privy to.
Care to share?
When I view Rigel's "fishing" post, it just seems like Rigel has made an early assumption on several things. When players do so, it signifies that they themselves have something. It's suspicious when Rigel used words like "Clearly" and "Obviously" when in fact, it isn't clear or obvious.
Rigel wrote:I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this, chaotic_diablo. Yes, I did call out aioqwe for rolefishing. And yes, I did ask Armlx if he had any additional information about the game mechanics that he wanted to share with us. I wasn't asking for his role, nor was I intending to draw him out into revealing his role. I simply wanted to know if he had any knowledge of the game's mechanics that would help the town in any way. I don't see that as role-fishing, because I wasn't asking for him to give up his role--
I was asking him to reveal any information that he
might
have received when he received his role.
If doing so would reveal his role, I would have expected him to either lie, or evade the question.
But my intent was not to expose him in any way, my intent was to gain information about the game's mechanics that could be utilized for the town's benefit.
Then if we look at Rigel's defense, he clearly switches his position to "armlx might have a role". The certainty from his fishing post is pretty much gone. I realize that the switch isn't that significant. 'What sparked that certainty in the first place?' is the quesiton we should be asking. Then for his last sentence, he claims that he wants to utilize it for the town's benefit.
Rigel wrote:I'm not saying that a lot has gone on thus far, because it hasn't. But at least I'm making an effort to look at multiple issues at once, rather than just narrow-mindedly bandwagoning whoever the suspicious flavor of the day is.
I've done only one thing that has been perceived as scummy thus far, my "rolefishing" in which I was trying to keep myself from getting blindsided by a potential game mechanic that I wasn't expecting.
I've defended my actions, and I don't know what else I can do to make you believe that I'm town. Especially if you're scum, in which case you already know that I'm town.
What a second, Rigel fished for the town's benefit, right? Oh wait, it's to prevent himself from getting "blind-sided". In otherwords, Rigel was intending to use the information for his personal benefit. If he was consistent in his reason, I would probably have switched my vote.

So yeah, it's clumsy and ham-fisted. The main reason I'm keeping my vote on Rigel is because he caught aioqwe at fishing.
Rigel wrote:Why are you trying to hunt down the cop? We're on page 2, down a townie, and need all the advantages we can get without anyone exposing power roles at the moment. I don't like this train of thought you're trying to send us on.
IGMEOY: aioqwe
As I stated earlier, Rigel displayed some certainty in his words for something that isn't so obvious or clear. In such a case, we can assume that Rigel has a power role. As a power role, I find it strange to think that he would first criticize aioqwe for fishing, then do the same thing when he himself should know better. In such a case, the only reason I can think of is that Rigel is scum.

I'm not familiar with Dean's playstyle either. Even so, I'm still not comfortable with the attacks on him. I'm not up for an opie lynch, though I'm up for an aioqwe lynch.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 am

Post by aioqwe »

Why lynch me?

skitzer and andersonw have done nothing fro the game. I'll look at Rigel more when I get some time.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:11 am

Post by armlx »

I can only assume he meant Rigel after that post.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:21 am

Post by skitzer »

sorry, I've been paying atttention to the game, I just haven't much to post upon. Rigel's rolefishing does seem the most cut-and-dry, but I think I'll just
unvote
for now.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by andersonw »

skitzer wrote:sorry, I've been paying atttention to the game, I just haven't much to post upon. Rigel's rolefishing does seem the most cut-and-dry, but I think I'll just
unvote
for now.
Same here. I will
Unvote
too.
Rigel wrote:I simply wanted to know if he had any knowledge of the game's mechanics that would help
the town
in any way. I don't see that as role-fishing, because I wasn't asking for him to give up his role--I was asking him to reveal any information that he might have received when he received his role. If doing so would reveal his role, I would have expected him to either lie, or evade the question. But my intent was not to expose him in any way, my intent was to gain information about the game's mechanics that could be utilized for
the town's
benefit.
I thought that Rigel was trying to sound pro-town in this post.
And I don't understand why you threw the "I would have expected him to either lie, or evade the question" part in there. If armlx was townie, I don't think he would lie about the mechanics if it would help the town, as you say.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by aioqwe »

I don't by this. FOS to skitz and anderson for lurking.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

eww, they both gave the same REALLY TERRIBLE and scummy response to prods. If i wasn't already voting him i would certainly be voting for skitz now. oh and
huge FOS anderson
Late twenties, early Thursdays
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

oh wait, I'm not voting skitz anymore

re
vote skitz
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

EBWOP

No wait, i'm retarded I am still voting skitz

sorry for my huge mental fart.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:10 am

Post by opie »

It really irks me when people respond to a prod, with "I haven't had much to say".
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Unvote, Vote: Skitzer

Lurking in plain sight and unvoting without re-voting even though there's a deadline coming up (and after mentioning a perfectly good reason to vote for someone)? Die, scum.

Anderson did the same thing, but Skitzer is slightly more experienced and I can buy an Anderson-townie just assuming it's okay because Skitzer did it. It still bugs me, though. Pretty much everyone in this game looks scummy. I hope we have a vig.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 am

Post by armlx »

I'm in 2 other games with Skitz, and he's doing the same thing (one he was replaced for it). I'm fairly sure its just him, not a scum tell.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:02 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm sorry, this is probably a really scummy strategy, but when a game starts, I usually just periodically check the thread until I can find something to go on. The only big thing I've seen in this game so far is Rigel's rolefishing, but maybe its just because I'm used to bigger games.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Rigel »

armlx wrote:
Rigel wrote:
armlx wrote:I'm currently happy with an opie or Rigel lynch. Dean apparently acts this way in his other games too, so its a null tell on him and makes Rigel's attack on him a bit more scummy.
So, what you're saying is that because Dean acts this way in other games, I'm scummy for attacking him for acting in such a way? When I have never played a game with Dean, nor have I read any games he was involved in, to the best of my knowledge, and would thus have no knowledge of his playing strategy? In what way does that makes sense?
You act as if these are things I automatically know. With that clarification, you attack on him made no more scummy by his play style.
Sorry about jumping on you regarding this. I wasn't thinking past the ridiculousness of the phrase from my point-of-view--obviously I know this, but that's no guarantee you do. My mistake.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Rigel »

Semi-EBWOP: I am going to be absent until Wednesday. I will probably be completely unable to check the site at all, so if anyone questions me while I am gone, please don't be pushy about it b/c it won't do any good. See you upon my return.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:48 am

Post by armlx »

So... Bump?

If nothing changes before the 18th, I'll hop over to Rigel to ensure we actually get to lynch someone today. No one vote him before Wednesday so he can get back and actually get a chance to defend himself / claim in defense if he needs to.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Deanwinchester has been prodded. Deadline in 8 days.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:03 am

Post by aioqwe »

so this is lame. Skitz and anderson try and re-read and post something more substantial, it's only 5 pages :)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:25 am

Post by armlx »

It should get interesting. Rigel is coming back and can speak for himself now.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Whatever. I'm just going to proxy my vote to Armlx for today. Who are you voting for right now?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:18 am

Post by armlx »

I am currently voting for Opie, but as deadline approaches I will vote for Rigel to ensure a lynch on a legitimately scummy person. I was hoping to advance more on opie today, but w/e.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 am

Post by opie »

I've reread, chaotic_diablo's case against Rigel. So far today it's been the best case against anyone. I know I didn't think much of the initial attacks against Rigel for role fishing but I think he is the best lynch for the day, but his response to the case against him is a bit lacking.

Unvote
Vote: Rigel
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 am

Post by skitzer »

I haven't really seen much on anybody yet. I think I'll read through opie, Rigel, and armlx, just to see what each has to say.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I still think Rigel is the best lynch for today. Other than that everyone is pretty neutral to me right now. Hopefully tomorow will have more activity.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”