Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Obviously there are only two scum!-use your loaf!
Probably three, actually. No more likely an attempt to confirm himself by not knowing how many scum there are (might seem like a good idea to a newbie) than that it's legitimately not knowing.
It struck me Cephir that you have been fairly keen to lynch someone through out-of course that doesn't mean your scum (i wanted a lynch too,, remember) -but you have to go on something.
Could I ask you to do something for me? Go back to my post. See it there? 193? Now,
actually read what I typed.

Thanks!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by mozsuggs »

vikingfan wrote:2 scum? how on earth do you know that? 3 is generally accepted but there can always be more or less. but yes, there's generally MORE than two, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

Explain that very quickly because I don't like where you're going.
I assume you saw my previous post?
Cool. I dont know how many scum they are.
Jesus. Even if the Mod came in, changed the rules, and boomed "Suggs is a townie", you'd still find a way to twist it

You scum by any chance?
"Reasonably Large Cock".
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:10 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Cephrir wrote:
Obviously there are only two scum!-use your loaf!
Probably three, actually. No more likely an attempt to confirm himself by not knowing how many scum there are (might seem like a good idea to a newbie) than that it's legitimately not knowing.
It struck me Cephir that you have been fairly keen to lynch someone through out-of course that doesn't mean your scum (i wanted a lynch too,, remember) -but you have to go on something.
Could I ask you to do something for me? Go back to my post. See it there? 193? Now,
actually read what I typed.

Thanks!
Don't be patronising, it makes you look dumb.
Yes, I've read what you type.
If what you say is true then great!
But maybe you're scum-who knows!

It strikes me you either have more experience or are a better player than me, as what you said sounds quite convincing.
But sadly, that doesnt mean you are innocent,or I'm guilty or vice versa.

I should say one thing: I'm only playing two games in Mafia Scum, and in both I'm innocent, and in both I'm getting pounded-so obviously i have a lot to learn.
:lol:
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Try reading this part again. After you do, respond to it. After that, if you still think I'm scum, you're going to have to give some different reasons because the only ones you listed were false.
Cephrir wrote:Explain how I've been "desperate to get a lynch", because I'm pretty sure I have no idea what you're talking about or how my actions could possibly construed that way. I've made two votes outside of the random phase. First, for windkirby for being defensive, and iirc, he had no votes at the time. but I later decided overdefensiveness wasn't the greatest tell and he was reacting in a fairly protown way. I am now voting for you, and at the time it was for pressure, and you had zero votes on you. Your recent posts have definiely justified my vote, so it's staying there.

If you can explain to me how hunting scum and voting for people who happen to not have any votes is desperate, I'll eat my hat. And I'm so confident you won't be able to that I'm not even wearing a hat.
Also, your continued assault on vikingfan for no apparent reason other than his vote on you is noted.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:22 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Hang on, I'll do the easy bit first-my "assault" on Viking consists of me not being too happy that hes trying to lynch me!
"Reasonably Large Cock".
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Cephrir wrote:
Try reading this part again. After you do, respond to it. After that, if you still think I'm scum, you're going to have to give some different reasons because the only ones you listed were false.
Cephrir wrote:Explain how I've been "desperate to get a lynch", because I'm pretty sure I have no idea what you're talking about or how my actions could possibly construed that way. I've made two votes outside of the random phase. First, for windkirby for being defensive, and iirc, he had no votes at the time. but I later decided overdefensiveness wasn't the greatest tell and he was reacting in a fairly protown way. I am now voting for you, and at the time it was for pressure, and you had zero votes on you. Your recent posts have definiely justified my vote, so it's staying there.

If you can explain to me how hunting scum and voting for people who happen to not have any votes is desperate, I'll eat my hat. And I'm so confident you won't be able to that I'm not even wearing a hat.
Also, your continued assault on vikingfan for no apparent reason other than his vote on you is noted.
well, maybe i was wrong-it just seemed to me you put pressure on afew people to vite, and i guess you did put pressureon 3 people (i havent checked, but i am assuming you voted for someone else in the random stage). What you say seems fair enough.

I suspect your mistake, looking at your phrase (about windkirby) that he reacted in "a fairly pro town way" might be that you stereo type too much.
Because it seems like you think i am not reacting in a "pro town way"-and yet i am pro town!

We all react differently mate.
I dont really think you are scum, its just you seemed as good as bet as any.
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, exactly. You're attacking him for being suspicious of you. I'll just go ahead and tell you that that won't work out well in any game regardless of your alignment.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Dang ninjas.
well, maybe i was wrong-it just seemed to me you put pressure on afew people to vite
Thank you.
I suspect your mistake, looking at your phrase (about windkirby) that he reacted in "a fairly pro town way" might be that you stereo type too much.
Because it seems like you think i am not reacting in a "pro town way"-and yet i am pro town!
1) Obviously, I can't read everyone perfectly.
2) Actually, I'm thinking you're town, actually. I just didn't bother telling you because you'd feel more pressure that way.
Here's a hint. If you don't think someone's scum, don't vote for them. And if you have no idea who to vote for, don't vote.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:56 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Cephrir wrote:Dang ninjas.
well, maybe i was wrong-it just seemed to me you put pressure on afew people to vite
Thank you.
1) Obviously, I can't read everyone perfectly.
2) Actually, I'm thinking you're town, actually. I just didn't bother telling you because you'd feel more pressure that way.
Here's a hint. If you don't think someone's scum, don't vote for them. And if you have no idea who to vote for, don't vote.
Thats not a very effective method of communication mate.
Try being nicer, and people will listen to you.
Everything you said is prob true-but do you honestly expect me not to vote for you now, as you have been so unpleasnat to me FOR NO REASON!
Chill out man.
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yes, I do. If you don't like me, that's your problem, but you shouldn't be letting it influence your vote...
Bartleby the Scrivener
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Try a different perspective. I dont like the way you are hunting me down for NO REASON!
I was perhaps too generous to you when i said "i don't think you're scum, just as good a bet as anyone else" or words to that effect.
There isn't much evidence that you are scum, but since i know i am town, your pursual of me makes you look a bit scummy.
Thats why i am voting for you.

If other people think i am wrong, i'll be guided by POLITE experienced players, and unvote you.
I might even unvote you if you admit you had NOTHING to go on when you were trying to lynch me :wink:
"Reasonably Large Cock".
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Wow, darkdude, you're already starting to appeal to emotion. You say I've been diverting all the town's attention to you. That's not even what's happening since mozsuggs here is managing to grab the spotlight all by himself.

And why do you not want other players to read you? Do you want to stay in the shadows, throw in a vote or two and remain unnoticed throughout the game? Because that's what a scum would do.

You cracked under very little pressure and now a couple of players are saying that it might be the reaction of newbtown. I don't like this at all. Everytime a player overreacts or is overdefensive, someone is bound to provide the excuse "Ah, but it might be because he's new!". Well, newbscum will also be overdefensive, so why are we giving him the benefit of the doubt?
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Cool, I won an argument, thats rare!
I may be the most unpopular geezer in this game, but i do love being a self righteous TWAT.
Oh the joys of being innocent!
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Try a different perspective. I dont like the way you are hunting me down for NO REASON!
Plenty of reason actually.
I was perhaps too generous to you when i said "i don't think you're scum, just as good a bet as anyone else" or words to that effect.
There isn't much evidence that you are scum, but since i know i am town, your pursual of me makes you look a bit scummy.
Thats why i am voting for you.
NO. You don't seem to be getting the point here. You're suspicious of me because I'm voting for you. That's not how it works. Because
town don't know you're town
. You are acting ridiculously scummy, and there is plenty of reason to be voting for you. It's just that my gut is telling me otherwise.
If other people think i am wrong, i'll be guided by POLITE experienced players, and unvote you.
In the game of mafia, people will argue with you. Disliking them personally because they argue with you is not how it works. It's a freaking game.
I might even unvote you if you admit you had NOTHING to go on when you were trying to lynch me
1) Voting for someone is not the same as trying to lynch them. If you had five votes on you, I would have unvoted because I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to lynch you yet, or even close.
2) I had plenty to go on as you were and still are acting very much like scum. Your vote doesn't mean anything to me because I know that it's based on ridiculous reasoning and thus nobody is going to follow you in voting for me. If you're reasons weren't atrocious, maybe I'd justify them with a response other than "NO".
Bartleby the Scrivener
zeddicus
zeddicus
Townie
zeddicus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 am

Post by zeddicus »

I still think darkdude is scum. but this new stuff from mozsuggs...

all of post 178 was quite defensive, and i agree with vikingfan in that some others feel like backtracking.
mozsuggs wrote:WHAT CONTENT DO YOU WANT
the kind where you tell us who you find suspicious for legitimate reasons, not just OMGUS
mozsuggs wrote:Surely anyone would claim town.
Pooky claimed scum in "Choose Someone Else's Role Mafia"
and i think Now A Ranger claimed scum somewhere as well.

yes, they are exceptions, just figured i'd say it.
mozsuggs wrote:FoS AKONAS
Fos VIKINGFAN
attacking the people who hopped on the bandwagon after you became over defensive. OMGUS.
mozsuggs wrote: UNVOTE, VOTE CEPHIR.
voting the person who has suspected you the longest, OMGUS.

Pink Puppy points out inconsistencies in post 189.
How many scum in a 12 player game?
i agree, from all i've read, 3 is fairly standard.

mozsuggs, your arguments on people boil down to "he's voting me, so he must be scum, because i'm town!" which is a bad thing. OMGUS actually.
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 am

Post by mozsuggs »

No, you didn't read what i said.]I don't mind people disagreeing with me, thats what the game is all about (or a lot of it)-but do it in a polite way, or even a fun way-you've just been aggressive and patronising.

I suspect a lot of your aggression comes from a dislike of a "noob" thinking for himself, and not being intimidated by your scurrilous, nonsense pseudo logic.l
Sorry mate-I'm willing to learn, but i wont tolerate unpleasant behaviour.
"Reasonably Large Cock".
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:45 am

Post by mozsuggs »

Look, i dont really have any ideas of who is mafia, so i will unvote, so hopefully that will shut you all up.

UNVOTE
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

zeddicus wrote:Pooky claimed scum in "Choose Someone Else's Role Mafia"
and i think Now A Ranger claimed scum somewhere as well.
What, have you read, like, every game ever? o_O

My logic is perfectly fine, and even if it weren't, you have no business insulting it, Captain OMGUS.

Yeah, so I'm being a little aggressive. Get over it. I really don't care what you think of my tone, feel free to stop telling me you think I sound patronizing. Disregarding peooples' arguments because their tone is offensive to you is not going to get you anywhere besides lynched.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by mozsuggs »

Just trying to help you. if you werent so agressive, you would win more arguments-basic rules of sophistry and debating-no one likes the kid who tries to throw his weight around-he normally ends up on the floor.

And in a weird way, i almost want to get lynched now, just so people can see how wrong and inept you are.
"Reasonably Large Cock".
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by vikingfan »

First off, suggs, have you ever heard of crossposting...my post and your response were almost simultaneously. More to the point, it seems more and more like you are backtracking, especially with that second response. I agree 100% with what Yvonne says about not letting newb behavior slide just because it's newb. I would also add that this is a game of mafia...if we let every scummy behavior slide just because a newb claims it's newbish behavior, it's bad policy. Obviously, if things improve, then that might change, but as of now, I'm not agreeing with suggs on anything, especially because his entire line of reasoning is, "you voted me, so you must be scum." Bad logic. Try again.
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by mozsuggs »

No, my entire line of logic is "Fuck off, I'm innocent".
"Reasonably Large Cock".
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Crub »

Seventh Vote Count of Day 1

mozsuggs (4):
Cephrir, Akonas, vikingfan, QuantumFruit
darkdude (2):
YvonneSeer, zeddicus
zeddicus (2):
thevampireofdusseldorf, Talitha
Akonas (1):
windkirby
QuantumFruit (1):
Pink Puppy
YvonneSeer (1):
darkdude

Not Voting (1):
mozsuggs

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Moo?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by windkirby »

vote: mozsuggs
(Yay! I spelled his name right.)

The my-feeling-like-giving-one/the-need-for-one ratio is pretty sorry explanation-wise, but if anyone excluding mozsuggs has an objection to this vote, I'm happy to explain why I made it.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by windkirby »

Ninja'd by the mod.

EBWOP:
unvote, vote: mozsuggs
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by mozsuggs »

Why excluding me? I'm rather keen to live and help town win you know.
*very British accent*
Don't be a fool man!
seriously dont-you are giving scum a huge advantage.
"Reasonably Large Cock".

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”