Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by Streeflo »

cicero wrote:/shrug. Be uncomfortable. The quotes are the real deal. The only thing to note is that the h is missing from the word eighth. And that appears to be on purpose or a mistake she fixed later. Check out Adel's post 2.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 156#948156

Check and see if the same mistake appears in each of yours.
Adel wrote: Role PM

Role: You are a bloated autocrat you corrupt piece of filth!

Win Condition: You do win if I wake up before the morning of the Eight day.

Alignment: You not prevent me from waking.
I agree. Matches my pm wording exactly.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Occult wrote:Cicero..... did you just soft claim?
cicero wrote:
No. I just addressed the letter. :S What are you on about?
Occult wrote:
cicero wrote:
No. I'm almost positive (maybe not entirely, but a pretty good idea) I know what you do and because of that, I feel like I should believe Poro.
cicero wrote: @Occult - I'll tell you this much: I
chose
not to target anyone last night. It wasn't because there was nothing I could do. I have more than one power, essentially.
QF, I meant this conversation about their roles. It's all clear now though.

cicero and porochaz's roles match up. That's good.

Now where did roffman run off to?
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 am

Post by roffman »

right here, checking the game thread everyday.

I just recently got 2 messages from Xiao, which brings it up to 3 total, and considering he says he sent 4, means one got lost in the aether somewhere.

ATM, i have really no suspicions on anyone, though Dripping Goofball is starting to annoy me, though that is on a personal nature.

I would also like to add to anyone watching this thread who is currently dead, you are more than welcome to send me any messages via adel, and i'll try to post them directly here.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 am

Post by cicero »

Unvote. Vote Occult

Upon reflection, your behavior in causing me to claim disturbs me.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:34 am

Post by roffman »

quick message from aborted elephant:
Speaker of the Dead, please quote this:
Cicero, in your post, you say that you're on the side of those willing to wake up Adel. However, your role pm states that you actually need to keep her asleep, since you will lose if she is awakened. Was that a mistake on your part, or did you actually not notice that?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:38 am

Post by cicero »

Quick message from Cicero:

Learn to read, Elephant.
Win Condition: You do win if I wake up before the morning of the Eight day.

Translation: I win if Adel wakes up.
Alignment: You not prevent me from waking.

Translation: I don't want to do anything to prevent Adel from waking up.

I still don't get why the use of "do" and "not prevent" are making this hard for people.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Occult »

@cicero, your soft claim was so obvious. Then you threw out a full claim..... I'd appreciate it if you'd didn't blame your mistake on me.....
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Occult »

plus cicero is completely right (on the alignment thing).
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by roffman »

Yay, i finally get more messages. Here is one from Xiao:
"Mr.Tracker -- I may be misinterpreting what Adel sent to me.

Maybe I am a watcher. Maybe I am just a fate sealer. Maybe I am just a hider (odd, since I saw Mr. elepants snuggling into my brain). But, I assure you, I am not lying, and unless "scum" in this game is the faction that wants Adel to wake up, then I am not scum.

I'm curious as to why you think I am scum, as my alignment has already been revealed.

I've been reading, and I find DBG very townlike. roffman I'm pretty sure is not anti-town (why would he forward my messages?).

QuantumFruit I find most suspicious -- 88 just seems like unfettered BS, particularly.

Streeflo is in second, but far behind QF. Just lynch QF, you'll be happy.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try to send answers to them to the speaker (though some of my messages seem to not get through)."
And here is one from Rigel:
Hello, everyone. This is Rigel, aka Sparky. I meant to send this sooner, but haven't been able to get around to it until now.

First off, I want to address my role. I don't honestly know exactly what happened to me last night--I've gotten very little info about myself or how I died from Adel. However, based on Xiao(?)'s post from the dead earlier and the way my death has been treated in the thread, I suspect that my death was in a different category from the deaths of Guardian, ChaosOmega, and GhostWriter. I don't know exactly what that means at the moment. What I suspect, however, is that my role is important to the town in some way. Adel specifically references me in her opening post, which is something that she does only for roffman and myself. We know roffman has an important role, and so I can only assume that I too have an important role.

In that light, I think that I would be able to serve town best if resurrected. Yes, Xiao(?) is town just as I am, but he himself admits that his role could be dangerous. I, on the other hand, appear to be important to the game, and so reincarnating me may allow me to gain more information than I am currently privy to regarding my importance to the game. However, if you feel that Xiao is a better choice, I understand. I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

One thing I noticed in skimming over the thread: I'm really not liking QuantumFruit at the moment. Her questions about what the alignment descriptions mean and her analysis of rolenames seem contrived for some reason. The first one, at the very least, did an excellent job of distracting people. If I was alive, I'd probably be FOSing her at this point.

That's all for now. Go town!
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by roffman »

On a side note, my messages that i send to dead people seem to not be getting through. I think this is done to prevent private, possible coded messages traveling through me and allowing illegal communication. However, i'm still willing to post messages for everyone if they are sent to me with an explicit request to post.

As a second aside, i have decided, because of my win conditions, to become actively neutral with regards to day one. I will keep a running vote of the dead msgs i get sent, and cast my vote in accordance of the dead majority. This will change in the future, however, i'm currently trusting majority rules to guide me through day one, considering the complexity of my role, and the relaying of information that is neither strictly helpful with either mafia or town. I am assuming that resurrecting is a town power, and that the mafia do not control it, so i'm going to assume that all the messages i relay will help town in one way or another.

PS @ the dead: To register your vote with me, send them in the usual voting format, and once i get a majority i will vote, though i will not put someone at -1 or hammer without good cause.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Streeflo »

roffman wrote: PS @ the dead: To register your vote with me, send them in the usual voting format, and once i get a majority i will vote, though i will not put someone at -1 or hammer without good cause.
I hope you're not including the dead scum in that.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:09 am

Post by roffman »

read neutral. I'm pretty sure i win with scum or town, probably only losing to SK, so atm, i'm more inclined to a minimum objection, maximum use philosophy that turns me into an indespensable facilitator for both scum and town. Naturally, i'm assuming all people messaging me will pose as town, and currently i don't have enough details beyond a line of semantics to differentiate between them. So yes, i am including the dead scum in that, as i do not know who they are. Oh, and btw, i will probably not post who sends me what votes unless they explicitly ask me to.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:51 am

Post by cicero »

roffman, the dead scum are aborted elephant and cold fairy. You should not cast their votes.

And also, Occult is scum. Occult, it was not obvious. I did not say "hey, I'm a resurrector or anything like it. All I apparently did was leave out "if there is a resurrector". Townside player could have let that float by to ensure that he didnt make noise for scum. You refused to go along with it twice and specifically called attention to me twice. That's role fishing and creating a target. Hamas rabbit was already on my list of probable flavor scum. What I'm betting is that you have an anti-town role but want to avoid trying to kill me yourself. Which means you may not be the same faction as some of the other scum. I'm not sure what's going on but I definitely see anti-town play. I'm happy with my vote.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

I agree,
vote Occult
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Occult »

cicero wrote:Well I'm a little confused about what the problem is. At the moment there are four corpses and there's a plea to consider resurrectng him if no better option appears. We don't need to rely on the quotes from the dead
to choose who to resurrect
. We can just look at their alignments and raise the townies.
You flat out say TO CHOOSE WHO, meaning, through the words you used, you knew that there was a resurrection role not that there MIGHT be one.

I personally found this obvious, but after no one else seemed to catch it....

cicero wrote:Well - since the cat's out of the bag pretty much anyway:

yes folks. I'm a resurrector.
Nobody had said your a ressurector, this was just a dumbass move

To me, it was an obvious soft claim AND you came out and said resurrector.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:29 am

Post by cicero »

Sorry Occult, I'm not buying it. You can either cover over a townie's mistake or you can exploit it. You chose to exploit it.

Now - the second half of your paragraph is irrelevant. I already had a target on my head by that point. People were beginning to speculate about me being a resurrector.

With respect to the first half, if you read it in context with the note we got from the beyond which postulated about the existence of a resurrector. We also have a speaker for the dead and dead players able to continue to play the game through him. So on what planet would we NOT talk about a resurrector? But that doesn't change anything. You could have let the "error" slide or you could have made damn sure there was a target on my head and this is what you did:
Occult wrote:
cicero wrote:
No. I'm almost positive (maybe not entirely, but a pretty good idea) I know what you do and because of that, I feel like I should believe Poro.
This is not how I would have played the situation if I was you and a town player at all.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Occult »

cicero wrote:Sorry Occult, I'm not buying it. You can either cover over a townie's mistake or you can exploit it. You chose to exploit it.
Like you covered Poro's Mistake?

Now - the second half of your paragraph is irrelevant. I already had a target on my head by that point. People were beginning to speculate about me being a resurrector.
No, they weren't. It is relevant.
With respect to the first half, if you read it in context with the note we got from the beyond which postulated about the existence of a resurrector.
No it said IF, it does not explicitly state a resurector role.
We also have a speaker for the dead and dead players able to continue to play the game through him. So on what planet would we NOT talk about a resurrector? But that doesn't change anything. You could have let the "error" slide or you could have made damn sure there was a target on my head and this is what you did:
A Way to speak through a medium didn't definably mean a chance to be resurrected.
This is not how I would have played the situation if I was you and a town player at all.
This is how you played the Poro situation, bitch (I'm just using Bitch as a form of punctuation in this case).

:idea:
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by cicero »

Occult wrote:
cicero wrote:Sorry Occult, I'm not buying it. You can either cover over a townie's mistake or you can exploit it. You chose to exploit it.
This is how you played the Poro situation, bitch (I'm just using Bitch as a form of punctuation in this case).
Porochaz said "That quote is wrong, I think it's from scum based on something only I know". This is fundamentally different from me responding to a point speculating on resurrection with speculation on resurrection. That situation invited probing because it articulated a falsifiable conclusion. Mine did not. Here, let me show it again:
cicero not long ago wrote:
Well I'm a little confused about what the problem is. At the moment there are four corpses and there's a plea to consider resurrectng him if no better option appears. We don't need to rely on the quotes from the dead to choose who to resurrect. We can just look at their alignments and raise the townies.

Your complaint seems based on the fact that the dead person claims tracker and you are a tracker already. I think I gotcha there.

But I'm at a loss to figure out what you think scum would be trying to accomplish with the note. It seems genuine.
Note the post was made in the context of a discussion of why it might be important to know whether the writer was lying or not, which was premised on us making sure we didnt get tricked into possibly resurrecting the wrong person, which is what the writer was asking us to do if possible. I simply respond. And you look up and point and then when I deny it, you point again louder.
My answer (and one of the main reasons I claimed):
Streetflow wrote: Actually, stuff makes more sense now. Porochaz is a tracker of some sort, so he has some information we don't have or he saw why the message from Xiao was suspicious based on personal ingenuity. Cicero didn't act night 1 (assuming he has a role as a resurrector) because there was not anyone to resurrect yet - we don't know his alignment though.

See that there? You did that there.
Occult wrote:
Cicero wrote:With respect to the first half, if you read it in context with the note we got from the beyond which postulated about the existence of a resurrector.
Exactly, and yet from me discussing resurrection you leaped to the idea that I had to be it and said so. I didnt say I was the resurrector. At best I said something assuming there might be one. And you had to pipe up with a completely unnecessary "Cicero, did you just soft claim?". Sadly with the role name "anubis" things got a little obvious to people from then on.
We also have a speaker for the dead and dead players able to continue to play the game through him. So on what planet would we NOT talk about a resurrector? But that doesn't change anything. You could have let the "error" slide or you could have made damn sure there was a target on my head and this is what you did:
A Way to speak through a medium didn't definably mean a chance to be resurrected.
Course not. Yet you were damn sure what my role was. And damn sure you were going to make sure everyone knew it. You're being disingenuous, "bitch". Nothing I said was definitive but you did a "target: lock on: resurrector".

That's just facts.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Occult »

Streetflow wrote: Actually, stuff makes more sense now. Porochaz is a tracker of some sort, so he has some information we don't have or he saw why the message from Xiao was suspicious based on personal ingenuity. Cicero didn't act night 1 (assuming he has a role as a resurrector) because there was not anyone to resurrect yet - we don't know his alignment though.

I'm noticing a pattern of you posting without reading over your posts. Streetflo (you spelled his name wrong) never said this, QF did.

cicero wrote:
Occult wrote:
Porochaz said "That quote is wrong, I think it's from scum based on something only I know". This is fundamentally different from me responding to a point speculating on resurrection with speculation on resurrection. That situation invited probing because it articulated a falsifiable conclusion. Mine did not. Here, let me show it again:
Then you show one of your older posts (Its too long so I'm not going to keep it on here, read it on cic's post).

I'll give that one to you, it's a bit of a different situation (but not by much IMO).

Note the post was made in the context of a discussion of why it might be important to know whether the writer was lying or not, which was premised on us making sure we didnt get tricked into possibly resurrecting the wrong person, which is what the writer was asking us to do if possible. I simply respond. And you look up and point and then when I deny it, you point again louder.
My situation is different then yours, for my night actions to best benefit the town, I need to know whats going on, so I'm going to probe into and read between the lines of everyone's post. I'm also going to be aggressive as hell to get it done.

My answer (and one of the main reasons I claimed):

See that there? You did that there.
Occult wrote:
Cicero wrote:With respect to the first half, if you read it in context with the note we got from the beyond which postulated about the existence of a resurrector.
Exactly, and yet from me discussing resurrection you leaped to the idea that I had to be it and said so. I didnt say I was the resurrector. At best I said something assuming there might be one. And you had to pipe up with a completely unnecessary "Cicero, did you just soft claim?". Sadly with the role name "anubis" things got a little obvious to people from then on. [/quote]

You soft claimed to me, I read into it and saw a slip up in your words. You can't say I was wrong, b/c I nailed you.
Course not. Yet you were damn sure what my role was. And damn sure you were going to make sure everyone knew it. You're being disingenuous, "bitch". Nothing I said was definitive but you did a "target: lock on: resurrector".

That's just facts.
I was positive due to your slip up, plus your name and then you add on Poro's investigation and it was obvious.

Disingenuous? No, I don't believe I am. A bitch? Yes. Yes I am, I've been forced within the last week to wake up during ungodly hours (to me, I'm a night person) for work, and I've been posting in this game in a bad mood (I've been taking my anger out on you and spelling mistakes).

Don't get too upset with me using bitch, I use that word in obscene quantities, regardless of situation.

Finally, as much as I've liked this little tennis match we got going here 'm not being sarcastic) we've allowed some people (the ones I happen to find the scummiest) a chance to lurk and I'd like to hear from them.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Occult »

Occult wrote: Finally, as much as I've liked this little tennis match we got going here
(I
'm not being sarcastic) we've allowed some people (the ones I happen to find the scummiest) a chance to lurk and I'd like to hear from them.
Dammit.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Streeflo »

roffman wrote:read neutral. I'm pretty sure i win with scum or town, probably only losing to SK, so atm, i'm more inclined to a minimum objection, maximum use philosophy that turns me into an indespensable facilitator for both scum and town. Naturally, i'm assuming all people messaging me will pose as town, and currently i don't have enough details beyond a line of semantics to differentiate between them.
So yes, i am including the dead scum in that
, as i do not know who they are. Oh, and btw, i will probably not post who sends me what votes unless they explicitly ask me to.
Can you at least
pretend
to be helping town?
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I'm not sure who I'm leaning toward between Occult and cicero. Probably more toward cicero than Occult right now, though only by a little.

Porochaz's quick vote does not feel too scummy imo. QF still gives me a scum vibe.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:12 am

Post by roffman »

wow, my brain hurts from text walls.

a few things. First:
Streeflo wrote:
roffman wrote:read neutral. I'm pretty sure i win with scum or town, probably only losing to SK, so atm, i'm more inclined to a minimum objection, maximum use philosophy that turns me into an indespensable facilitator for both scum and town. Naturally, i'm assuming all people messaging me will pose as town, and currently i don't have enough details beyond a line of semantics to differentiate between them.
, as i do not know who they are. Oh, and btw, i will probably not post who sends me what votes unless they explicitly ask me to.
Can you at least
pretend
to be helping town?
Not particuarly, i don't like telling scum to NK me. If i'm only working for a town benefit, and my role has such an obvious use, i'm pretty sure i'm a goner first night if i'm town only. So neutrality it is for me.

Second a message from Xiao:
Hello! Why has no one paid any attention to two confirmed pro-waking players crying out for QuantumFruit votes? Sparky and I are town. What is this Occult nonsense? Kill the tattoo.

Quote this please.
Also, the dead have spoken
vote: Quantum Fruit
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I can go for that one.

unvote, vote: QuantumFruit
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Porochaz »

roffman wrote:wow, my brain hurts from text walls.

a few things. First:
Streeflo wrote:
Can you at least
pretend
to be helping town?
Not particuarly, i don't like telling scum to NK me. If i'm only working for a town benefit, and my role has such an obvious use, i'm pretty sure i'm a goner first night if i'm town only. So neutrality it is for me.

Second a message from Xiao:
Hello! Why has no one paid any attention to two confirmed pro-waking players crying out for QuantumFruit votes? Sparky and I are town. What is this Occult nonsense? Kill the tattoo.

Quote this please.
Also, the dead have spoken
vote: Quantum Fruit
Question is now though... how can we trust you? That last paragraph could be from Xiao. Might not be. you being neutral causes you to be more of a hindrance than a help now...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”