darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

OMGUS-ed Yvonne
I'm new around here, so please explain that acronym.

She seems like scum simply because from my point of view she is making baseless accusations and directing all the attention of the town on me. I already explained as much as I can; I can't force people to see things my way. If you have a specific list of things you wish for me to elaborate on, please write.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

OMGUS = OMG, You Suck. It refers to voting for someone because they voted for you, basically.

She may be directing the attention of the town on you, but it's already been explained why her accusations are not baseless. If you're town, you have to remember that everyone else doesn't know you're town.

That said, that reaction seems pretty indicative of newb town to me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

@darkdude Is this your 1st game here?
If I can count right you are only on 3 votes and it takes 7 to get a lynch, as Cephrir has said a vote does not necessasarily indicate someone wants you lynched but they want to get a reaction out of you or they find you suspicious,
To say they are baseless accusations because you dont agree with them is not a good idea unless they really are and in this case they do have reasons logic behind them.
If you are newb town I can see the reaction, (to someone putting accusations pressure & votes) of voting what appears to be a OMGUS as a newb tell more than anything else.

@Everyone
I think we all have a natural resistence to say yes your accusations were correct or that did look scummy but c'mon all players will be called scum or scummy for very valid reason from others and admiting on players points that do have good logic or saying it could be seen that way is by no means signing your own death warrent. You can do that and post a counter argument or point holes in the logic used to come to that conclusion but to simply flat out say things like
"your accusations are baseless", "I disagree", "you are wrong" etc. only leads to long silly debates and personal conflicts.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Crub »

Sixth Vote Count of Day 1

QuantumFruit (3):
Talitha, Akonas, Pink Puppy
darkdude (3):
YvonneSeer, zeddicus, vikingfan
Cephrir (2):
thevampireofdusseldorf, mozsuggs
Akonas (1):
windkirby
mozsuggs (1):
Cephrir
YvonneSeer (1):
darkdude

Not Voting (1):
QuantumFruit

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Moo?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Akonas »

Pink Puppy wrote:
YvonneSeer wrote:Supporting a wagon from the sidelines but not committing yourself to it is a really scummy thing to do.
I agree with this.

It's sort of inciting the mob to take action without taking the action yourself and thus, avoiding the heat.
But on the other hand, you can be suspicious of someone without committing yourself. I suppose it depends on how developed the bandwagon is.

vikingfan wrote:careful zed...I'm always leery of people who say we need to do things NOW... there is never a need to hurry. Longer days always help the town. Of course, there is a point where a lynch is good, but IMO, we haven't reached that point yet.

that being said, I'm sensing heavy scummy vibes from darkdude since he's overly paranoid at the moment and not giving really good reasons to go after Yvonne.
unvote vote darkdude
I find this post odd. You're no taking that much notice of zeddicus, but you are taking some--and I think that post was a bit more suspicious than you seemed to. On the other hand, some people just like making accusations like that.

QuantumFruit wrote:@Everyone: Let's not get too over-eager band-wagoning and keep track of the vote count. (Btw, I don't throw my votes out like candy, so when I do vote, it's basically a final decision type of thing [joke votes excepted]. On the other hand, it takes a lot for me to decide to vote. Just keep that in mind. I like giving people a chance to defend themselves.)
So:
a)don't vote him too much
b)you think he should get lynched (a "final decision")

Explain?
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

darkdude, why so jumpy? Your reaction reads to me like "OMG how did she catch me so fast, I need to quickly vote her and call her scum".

Firstly, you need to understand that just because you don't agree with my argument, doesn't mean it's baseless. Quite a few other players know what I'm talking about and I assume you're not thinking we're all scum for having "baseless" arguments.

Secondly, the fact that I voted you doesn't mean I wanted you lynched there and then. It's also to gauge reactions, which I have got a fair amount of from you, being all overdefensive after only having one vote on you.

Thirdly, you need to read all the other players recent posts about you. Think it through and if you still think I'm scum going after you, then come back and we'll have a nice long chat.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 am

Post by darkdude »

@darkdude Is this your 1st game here?
Here yes. Mafia no.
Firstly, you need to understand that just because you don't agree with my argument, doesn't mean it's baseless.
The thing I said baseless was your point about me urging others to vote for windkirby but not voting myself. That is untrue. The rest is subjective.
being all overdefensive after only having one vote on you.
I've seem much more genuine freak outs during my short time here....
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Akonas wrote:I find this post odd. You're no taking that much notice of zeddicus, but you are taking some--and I think that post was a bit more suspicious than you seemed to. On the other hand, some people just like making accusations like that.
My rationale is that I didn't like the way that he said it, but on the other hand, darkdude is nowhere near lynching, so I didn't view as suspiciously as I would otherwise have, especially since no wave of votes occurred afterward. I do agree, though, I can't tell whether he just does that or not.

darkdude, please give us some theories as to who you think is scum (without OMGUSing somebody). With concrete reasons and explanations.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude:
darkdude wrote:The thing I said baseless was your point about me urging others to vote for windkirby but not voting myself.
Why is it baseless if you just restated the base (I use base to mean the reason for Yvonne's reaction)? Some players find it suspicious if someone expresses suspicion of another player and does not back it up with a vote. I think I understand what you mean by baseless (more like unsubstantiated) - like she doesn't have enough evidence to make that claim or something?

Even if he was the first to express suspicion, could someone please explain why it's necessarily or likely scummy not to cast a vote? I wouldn't have voted either.

At this point, I'd have to agree: newbie town, didn't know how to react.

@Akonas: You thought I voted for darkdude when I FOS-ed him and that's why the bit you quoted doesn't make sense to you.

Also, I wouldn't take that comment from zeddicus too seriously, personally. There will always be the war hawks staying stuff like that for kicks. At a different stage of the game (like if darkdude had 5 votes on him), yeah - with three, I wouldn't flip out about it.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 pm

...dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry
fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the
starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

@YvonneSeer you have only picked on darkdude thus far. Yes it is early in the game but given your sole focus on darkdude I would like to ask you for a scum rating for him of 1-10 (10 being dirty filthy scummy mafia)?

@zeddicus if you could do the same above that would be appreciated and also what are your thoughts on winkkirby now?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by darkdude »

Why is it baseless if you just restated the base
Because I didn't want anyone to vote. I started my comment on joke voting in general, and kept it on until now. I did not once say something along the lines of

"he's using jokes as an excuse lynch this guy".
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

You made me grin, VoD. Thank you.

@darkdude: That doesn't answer my question. It's irrelevant whether you wanted anyone to vote or not, because we can never be certain about your intent anyway.

What are you getting at with joke votes? That's really confusing to me.

By saying it wasn't baseless, I mean she had an actual reason to do it: it wasn't a joke or random.
Show

--

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by darkdude »

That doesn't answer my question.
Your question was why I think Yvonne's accusation is baseless correct?

If you look back....

Someone said something about joke votes
I said it could be a cover up tactic for scum to bandwagon
Someone said I was reading into it too much
I posted something, then noticed something else came up in the last few posts
So I wrote again and said we should now focus on the newest suspicious looking post instead.

That's all.
zeddicus
zeddicus
Townie
zeddicus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by zeddicus »

@VoD, i dont like to give numbers, but if i had to, 7. happy?

i still think windkirby is scummy, just not AS scummy as darkdude or mozsuggs.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:09 pm

ok thanks zeddicus............
wow 7 is rather high for this early, I will agree that darkdude has drawn suspicion to himself but I'm of the more conservative opinion that darkdude is newb town....
zeddicus wrote:You pushed a wagon without adding your vote to it. Major FoS: darkdude I need two votes
(given you said you need two votes and did vote later) isnt this doing the same thing darkdude was originally deemed suspicious for......throwing suspicion on a wagon but not voting?

and re mozsuggs
zeddicus wrote:eager for night?

unvote, vote:mozsuggs
zeddicus wrote:we need to lynch darkdude now.
again you seem guilty of your own accusations against others.

You have cast four votes already two going with what was popular at the time (mozsuggs & darkdude).
The second vote against winkkirby you went with for awhile rather strongly but seemed to change tracks onto darkdude (who also became suspicious of windkirby)when the windkiby suspicion train lost its momentum and the darkdude one picked up speed.

To me this voting behaviour shows eagerness to get to a lynch more akin to scum play than what I would expect from town....add to this the pointed out hypocrisy
vote:zeddicus
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by darkdude »

Perhaps defending myself further would only add to the suspicion but precisely my point:
isnt this doing the same thing darkdude was originally deemed suspicious for......throwing suspicion on a wagon but not voting?
From my perspective Yvonne successfully made me a magnet for all suspicions and made all else seem less important. And all I did was suggest the possibility of a cover up.

From an objective point of view though, I realize that I'm going to get lynched sooner or later in a couple of days. Even if I survive this day (and the following night) I would only draw more suspicion and eventually get lynched anyways. I only hope that if it comes to that the remaining towns should remember the other suspicious persons here.....
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

So, you felt like Yvonne was focusing too much on you and not on other players, which is scummy because it's trying to get a specific townie to look like scum and get lynched - yes?

Thing is, there is a reason to play that way, because we then get people to react and respond and arguments grow from that. That would hold if she was still doing it, but I think it was more of a suggestion accompanied by some prodding.
Show

--

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Talitha »

Shoot. I need to catch up here... Sorry for my slackness.. have been busy and not feeling 100%. I'll try and contribute something of substance tomorrow.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

QuantumFruit wrote:So, you felt like Yvonne was focusing too much on you and not on other players, which is scummy because it's trying to get a specific townie to look like scum and get lynched - yes?

Thing is, there is a reason to play that way, because we then get people to react and respond and arguments grow from that. That would hold if she was still doing it, but I think it was more of a suggestion accompanied by some prodding.
Mm-hm. Focusing on one person at a time and building a case is how a lot of people play this game, as well. Get used to it, DD.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Akonas »

darkdude wrote:From an objective point of view though, I realize that I'm going to get lynched sooner or later in a couple of days. Even if I survive this day (and the following night) I would only draw more suspicion and eventually get lynched anyways. I only hope that if it comes to that the remaining towns should remember the other suspicious persons here.....
Really? With that point of view you're bound to get lynched. You're being defensive and using as your defense that you know you're not scum, which is of absolutely no help to us because you could easily be lying. I agree that Yvonne's accusation wasn't that strong, but your reaction to it is absurd.

FoS: darkude
soon to become a vote if this continues as it has.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by darkdude »

You're being defensive and using as your defense that you know you're not scum, which is of absolutely no help to us because you could easily be lying.
Exactly. That is the problem and the nature of the game. The ironic thing is that I can prove my point IF you lynch me. :P
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

I think he's trying to say use better arguments that don't require us to lynch you to find out.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:18 am

Post by windkirby »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, people: busy past few days. Anyway, darkdude still doesn't quite seem to deserve my vote yet. This is because while I feel that the "excite the mob but don't put yourself at risk" post and the very reactive reply to YvonneSeer is a bit scummy as I've said previously, I don't think it's a strong scumtell and I don't usually judge peoples' reactions to accusations too harshly. Nonetheless, I still GMEOH. I am also becoming increasinly suspicious of mogsuggs, though he could just be a really bad townie...
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:47 pm

C'mon guys it seems to me that all has happened so far is jump on the train (of suspicion) jump off the train. These trains have imo been for the most obvious/sketchy scum tells of which I dont have much faith in as an ultimately reliable guide to find scum.
Imo it is far easier for a scum to point out a townie using a scum tell to try and get a lynch than to use a good argument on the behaviour the motivations behind it, maybe im just a little bit disappointed with the way this game is going and the overuse of scum tells on this site as a way of trying to find scum.
mozsuggs
mozsuggs
Goon
mozsuggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by mozsuggs »

UNVOTE, VOTE QUANTUM FRUIT

Purely a bandwagon manoevre. Have no idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”