Mini 1936: Yume's Cutsie U-Pick (Town Win!)

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1773, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, and I also want your thoughts on whether or not the nexus should have caught your deflect. Because if you look closely, you'll see the deflect went through fine, it was my kill protection that redirected the shot.
Regarding anything related to interactions with roles and all that, I can quote Ari:
In post 722, Aristophanes wrote:Your theoreticals hurt my head :P
Don't know if it answers anything but mastina was basically a pain in the ass asking questions so words?
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1746, Radical Rat wrote:You mean my scum confession?

Yeah I PROBABLY shouldn't have done that but it didn't go as awfully as it could have at least.

But yeah. I AM dumb enough to do that.
My first Forum Mafia game ever (off-site) I actually claimed Mafia in the main thread as Town just because I waa frustrated no one was listening to me, and I thought flipping Town would make them take my reads seriously.
So, that play would have worked quite well if you had got lynched that day. Even with firebringer summing the hell out of the slot, a scum flip from you could have been enough to get an extra mislynch or two in, because without knowing I was scum the town would have had to be wary of you throwing your life away in order to secure the one mislynch it would take for scum to win, as far as they knew. Dunno what Vax could have done in lylo, but I think he always makes it to a lylo if you get lynched on that day.
In post 1747, mastina wrote:
In post 1687, Cerberus v666 wrote:Basically the only person actively pushing the fact that there basically HAD to be scum withing ShiroRATR.
Actually I was rather adamant about it, too. (I mean I was thinking Shiro because Nacho told me Radical Rat was town and even Jae was doubting that Radical Rat would be scum, but I wasn't gonna let Radical Rat off the hook. I was thinking in the 75% or so confidence range that "lynch one, if game continues, lynch the other", with the remaining 25% being gerryoat as scum but I was also thinking that we'd be dead so I wouldn't have a chance to figure it out. We lived, which was even better.)

I just kept it to our mason PT which you currently can't see but I hope you will because it will show things like the exact timestamp at which I called you a Nexus (the same day of your claim and not long after engaging you; when I said I knew your role, I MEANT that
I knew your role
and the PT will prove as much), among many others.

In the game thread I might not have been the main driver (that was Ginngie) but behind closed doors I was doing like 75% of the legwork for my slot. I was the one who came up with most of our plans. So much so, that I have a two-page iso there if memory serves me. And that's on mastina, not counting the times I posted on TWC.
Nope. You don't get to take credit for things you didn't ever say in the game. Maybe if you said it to Sappho you can claim it, but otherwise...you didn't actually leave that information for town to listen to in the event you did die. Your slot was pushing the exact mislynch Rat needed(a not!Shiro mislynch) to have a good shot at winning in lylo, when there was a FAR GREATER than 90% chance scum was in Shiro/Rat.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1773, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, and I also want your thoughts on whether or not the nexus should have caught your deflect. Because if you look closely, you'll see the deflect went through fine, it was my kill protection that redirected the shot.
My argument is that you had the kill directed at you, making you a passive receptor of the action. You weren't targeted, you were just made to be a target.

Does that even make sense?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1774, mastina wrote:Subject: Cutsie UPick: Mod PT
Alisae wrote:I don't even know why I was scumread besides "tone" and mastina I don't think has the ability to toneread me, also I can't remember if my scumgame and towngame has tonal differences? I'll have to ask some people about that.
Blame Night and Day for that. Every member of the masonry (once Ginngie privately informed Nacho) knew you were scum there, but we couldn't exactly say so in the PT while that game was still ongoing. You insisted you couldn't be scum doing things that you, as scum in Night and Day, had done and
all of us knew you had done
. So we were in the position where we knew you were lying but we couldn't call you out directly on the lie without compromising Night and Day.
Ginngie (21:05)
ugh
Ginngie (21:08)
I'm trying to not say anything
Ginngie (21:09)
but what I see is so blatantly bullshit
like literally lying to my face
and fuck

Btw I never told Nacho cuz I was lazy >_>

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am

Post by mastina »

Subject: Cutsie UPick: Mod PT
Cerberus v666 wrote:The objective was to setup town to musky check conftown for us, because we had already failed a kill on one of the masons. There was also supposed to be WAY more in the way of associatives and such than we actually had time to setup, given how incredibly fast the days were.
And who, pray tell, hammered D2 and thus ended the day preventing time for more associatives to be set up?

:P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Drixx did. I take no blame for that. He sent me a message on slack being all like "should I just hammer?" And by the time I checked my phone, 10 minutes later, he had already hammered. :(

IT WAS HIS GAMBIT TOO! *sigh*

@aristo: I understand that, but that means that your position is that the person deflected to is not actually being targeted, which just seems wrong. If you're a deflector, and you deflect from x to someone who is ascetic...it should fail. It shouldn't make the cop check on x instead hit the ascetic and fail.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Ginngie »

Hey cerby

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Ginngie »

wuve you :3

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1753, mastina wrote:Subject: Cutsie UPick: Dead PT
Cerberus v666 wrote:Mastin lied about being fucking conftown to try to force through our lynch on D1. Wtf is that?
Because I wasn't lying! I was just HALF-lying. In that at the time I knew TWC wasn't masons (obv) but I knew SAPPHO were masons. Because I knew Sappho were masons, I knew that it was unlikely for there to be masons + Innocent Child. I mislead, but I didn't really lie.
0.) You seem to be intentionally ignoring the very direct single thing I asked of you.
1.) You couldn't know Sappho were masons on day one. You could only know the claim. Belief is not the same as knowledge.
2.) No you were completely lying. You were not a mason. You did not have knowledge that Sappho were masons either. See #1. If I have to explain to you the difference between belief and knowledge...
3.) There was in fact an IC who could either confirm themselves to random people on even nights or simply just claim it and have it confirmed in thread. Not sure why that player wouldn't simply claim it but whatever. The point is that you're wrong in every thing you said in post #1753. You didn't
KNOW
Sappho were masons (and they weren't even masons at that point), and your speculation that there would be no IC was wrong.
4.) Instead of making a bunch of posts and putting your shoulder at risk (from so much patting your own back), perhaps you might consider answering my question? You
claim
frequently to be this benevolent teacher who wants to help people, and then you ignore questions from people seeking help and make snide comments to and with your clique in site chat about those people. Wanna try being less of a hypocrite for sec?
In post 1754, Ginngie wrote:Scum are always salty when mastina does her gambits
For real. There couldn't actually be some reasonable critique or questioning of the goddess mastina, amirite?

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:43 am

Post by mastina »

Subject: Cutsie UPick: Mod PT
Aristophanes wrote:
In post 729, mastina wrote:To lay it out in greater detail:
TONIGHT, NIGHT FOUR:
-gerryoat cops Radical Rat.
-Yume tracks gerryoat with the delayed track.
-We deflect Varsoon-->Shiro.
-Varsoon gives a powerful gift to Yume.
-Scum PROBABLY kill The Wood Cutters, though the game is easier if they don't. :P

DAY FIVE:
-gerryoat outs his cop result.
-If innocent, we lynch Shiro. (This is my expected outcome.)
-If guilty, we lynch Radical Rat.

NIGHT FIVE:
-Yume uses their powerful gift as best appropriate. If a roleblock/track/follow/etc. which can catch the last scum, target whichever of Shiro/Radical Rat was not lynched.
-Varsoon gifts to Yume (presumably a vig but it can be anything).
-Scum PROBABLY kill Varsoon, though the game is easier if they don't.

DAY SIX:
-Yume receives the result of the track on gerryoat. (If gerryoat did not target who he said he did, he's scum.)
-Yume also has the information from the usage of their role.
-Yume outs this information.
-From this information, it can be determined which of gerryoat/the survivor is scum.
-Lynch appropriately.

I need this plan fact-checked. But we know:
-Scum cannot self-busdrive. As a result, they cannot gain a gift.
-Scum cannot trump our deflect with a busdrive. As a result, they cannot interfere with Varsoon as long as we live.
-Scum likely have a busdrive. As a result, they may be able to cause actions targeting one town player to instead hit a different town player. HOWEVER, this is of little consequence, since they cannot self-busdrive and as a result they are unable to mess with investigatives. A cop targeting town will either get a result on THAT town, or a DIFFERENT town. A cop targeting scum will get a guaranteed result on scum. And so on and so forth.

I'm trying to figure out how to lock this down even further, to accommodate for every possibility, for every busdrive that could be taken, for every redirect action (unlikely as that could be) being taken, for every possible truth or lie, but I think this is pretty solid?
This is good, but it has its problems!
Welcome to every mastowna plan ever conceived. :P

I have a GOOD grasp on how to make plans, and how to make winning plans at that.
I don't have a GREAT grasp on how to make winning plans in that they are always, 100% of the time, with a crucial flaw that keeps them from being as good as I wanted.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1783, Reasonably Rational wrote:For real. There couldn't actually be some reasonable critique or questioning of the goddess mastina, amirite?
Yes.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1783, Reasonably Rational wrote:1.) You couldn't know Sappho were masons on day one. You could only know the claim. Belief is not the same as knowledge.
We had an orgasm :shifty:

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1783, Reasonably Rational wrote:and your speculation that there would be no IC was wrong.
THERE WASN'T AN IC SO HOW IS THAT WRONG LMFAO

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1693, gerryoat wrote:TWC why u so scummy >.>
We weren't! Every step of the way we bled town. In-game-thread, in our PT, everywhere.

Y u so bad at reading us?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1780, Cerberus v666 wrote:Drixx did. I take no blame for that. He sent me a message on slack being all like "should I just hammer?" And by the time I checked my phone, 10 minutes later, he had already hammered. :(

IT WAS HIS GAMBIT TOO! *sigh*

@aristo: I understand that, but that means that your position is that the person deflected to is not actually being targeted, which just seems wrong. If you're a deflector, and you deflect from x to someone who is ascetic...it should fail. It shouldn't make the cop check on x instead hit the ascetic and fail.
That's absolutely how I would have done it and understand the role. I may be wrong though. Cop would fail, not the redirect.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:57 am

In post 1785, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1783, Reasonably Rational wrote:For real. There couldn't actually be some reasonable critique or questioning of the goddess mastina, amirite?
Yes.
Must be nice to be in the clique where Mastin doesn't attack you all the time ever.
In post 1787, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1783, Reasonably Rational wrote:and your speculation that there would be no IC was wrong.
THERE WASN'T AN IC SO HOW IS THAT WRONG LMFAO
When I originally read the review topic, the final role info for Randomidget did not (in my memory) have a
strikethrough
on the part where they could just claim it publicly and be confirmed.

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1698, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Mastin
- Please quote the post and explain exactly how you were certain our slot was scum from a post by Cerb on the first page.
?
I didn't call you scum from a post on the first page.

The scumread originated from here:
In post 185, Reasonably Rational wrote:The post restricion is already making it difficulty for me to identify who is being talked about at times. Who is Chansey? A link to the post where the nickname is connected to the slot would be sufficient.

-Cerb
And that's easy to explain. It was the complaining combined with the lack of understanding. I can't vocalize why that was scum but it was very much strongly indicative to me of you being scum making excuses for not being as involved as you should have been for a game of this nature.
In post 1698, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'm setting aside the fact that you expressed the same certainty about at least one other slot and were wrong
That alone should prove it wasn't personal! I get reads on players. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. This is to be expected.
as I'm sure you'll have some excuse for why you were really right.
Not unless you count "I'm blaming Ginngie!". :P
(You might also explain why you no longer were so sure when we died).
Well duh. It's because you died. Of course I'm going to assume three scum still alive and that you were town. That's the safest thing to do. It's more conservative. From the viewpoint of the uninformed, if they assume two scum alive when three scum are alive it can be disastrous to the town. If they assume three scum alive when there are two scum alive then no harm done. That simple.

You in our position would do no different. You'd assume three scum because you'd assume the worst-case scenario because you'd assume the course of action safest for the town to take. Simple, mechanical, methodical processing. Of course I thought it possible you were scum and that the scum killed you (albeit, accidentally, as I did not assume you would be suicidal enough to just outright shoot yourselves), but I gave the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were town when you died because it was safer to assume that.

You claimed Innocent Child. You got nightkilled. You were less likely to be bullshitting about your role and more likely to be town who was nightkilled by scum to prevent the confirmation. That was the conclusion more likely to be made so of course I made it. It wasn't right because I was working with imperfect knowledge but it is what I had at the time.
@Yume
- REALLY well played game.
No argument here by the way. Yume played exceptionally well! I was really glad things worked out as well as they did and I was happy to support Yume even if my support was limited to supporting Varsoon who was supporting Yume.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1790, Reasonably Rational wrote:When I originally read the review topic, the final role info for Randomidget did not (in my memory) have a strikethrough on the part where they could just claim it publicly and be confirmed.
viewtopic.php?p=9507031#p9507031

That looks like a strike through >_>

So no, no fucking IC.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1705, Aristophanes wrote:There were some personal issues aired in PTs and thus those involved do not want them released. It has nothing to do with talking shit. That is all I will disclose.
Btw you can release The Wood Cutters' PT, for how little we used it. :P (We only used it at the very beginning when there were concerns about who had access to our neighborhood, and after those melted away, we exclusively used the mason PT.)
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1790, Reasonably Rational wrote:Must be nice to be in the clique where Mastin doesn't attack you all the time ever.
maybe if you learned to say her fucking name correctly? :igmeou:

Seriously is it that fucking hard to respect a person's name?

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 pm

In post 1784, mastina wrote: I don't have a GREAT grasp on how to make winning plans in that they are always, 100% of the time, with a crucial flaw that keeps them from being as good as I wanted.
I have a gut response typed to this. I am going to go use the washroom and enjoy a nice long shower and come back. It is deeply mean spirited (at the very least) for you to throw that at us. I'm going to just go chill for a bit and come back and see if there's some misunderstanding here, but I don't think there is.

~D
Show

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 404, The Wood Cutters wrote:So Trix are for kids has a hate boner for mastina, cool
>_>

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Can we not with the name/pronoun respect thing please?

I'm sure no disrespect is meant by improper usage though proper usage would be nice.

End of conversation.
- Jingle
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:08 pm

In post 1792, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1790, Reasonably Rational wrote:When I originally read the review topic, the final role info for Randomidget did not (in my memory) have a strikethrough on the part where they could just claim it publicly and be confirmed.
viewtopic.php?p=9507031#p9507031

That looks like a strike through >_>

So no, no fucking IC.
Thus the parenthetical part of my sentence where I said "in my memory". I understand that complex sentences can be difficult to parse, even for native English speakers and even for very well educated English speakers. I should have made it much more clear that it was a fault of my memory which made me believe that Randomidget could also just pop IC.
In post 1794, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1790, Reasonably Rational wrote:Must be nice to be in the clique where Mastin doesn't attack you all the time ever.
maybe if you learned to say her fucking name correctly? :igmeou:

Seriously is it that fucking hard to respect a person's name?
Back off there. I type fast. You can feel free to read through my post history if you want. I use the feminine to refer to mastina all the time. You overreacting to my typing fast and missing a letter on a name by mistake and jumping down my throat isn't cool.

I would go so far as to say that behaving in that way is why an awful lot of people label that kind of behavior in a negative way and attach labels to the people who do it frequently. I don't think we need that shit on this site which is dedicated to playing a fucking game and having fun.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 1795, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1784, mastina wrote: I don't have a GREAT grasp on how to make winning plans in that they are always, 100% of the time, with a crucial flaw that keeps them from being as good as I wanted.
I have a gut response typed to this. I am going to go use the washroom and enjoy a nice long shower and come back. It is deeply mean spirited (at the very least) for you to throw that at us. I'm going to just go chill for a bit and come back and see if there's some misunderstanding here, but I don't think there is.

~D
Just making sure that Mastina sees this. Be back later.

Love with milk and warm chocolate chip cookies,
~D
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”