Mini 1936: Yume's Cutsie U-Pick (Town Win!)

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1690, Aristophanes wrote:
Mafia, Dead, and Mod PTs are being released now. Review Thread too.

Any other hoods will not be released until the duration of the "N5" timer runs out. If you would not like it released, please say so.
I already have some requests for that, and thus will not be releasing them all.
I find this objectionable. We weren't asked if we wanted to release the mafia thread or not, for example. If people want to talk shit in private about people, they should grow up and be adults and stand by their shit talk when the game is over instead of be two faced and ask the mod to perpetuate their bullshit. If you won't say it to the person then don't say it at all. Cowards.
In post 1691, Yume wrote:I will remember that for the future, and I guess this is our formal goodbye, since Drixxy retired.
I did what?
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Yume »

We planned to have Sapphi revived in case Ratty was town, btw.

p-edit: You said at one point you were retired from mafia. It was aimed at Centi hydra, I believe. Unless I misunderstood?
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Drixx, I see what you're saying. I had originally wanted to have Cannibal and RB work at the same time, and had Rad Rat as not expiring but still 1-shot, but that was deemed too much power.

Check out the review thread if you like!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, god, that twist with Loy-Al-Phoenix
Oh god
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 am

Not planning on quitting playing any time soon. Perhaps Cerb said something. I won't speak for him on that front though.

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1700, Reasonably Rational wrote:

Any other hoods will not be released until the duration of the "N5" timer runs out. If you would not like it released, please say so.
I find this objectionable. We weren't asked if we wanted to release the mafia thread or not, for example. If people want to talk shit in private about people, they should grow up and be adults and stand by their shit talk when the game is over instead of be two faced and ask the mod to perpetuate their bullshit. If you won't say it to the person then don't say it at all. Cowards.
I have privatized the Scum PT again and it is subject to the same rules as the others now. I know that's not your gripe here, but sorry for auto-releasing it. That was an unfair double standard.

There were some personal issues aired in PTs and thus those involved do not want them released. It has nothing to do with talking shit. That is all I will disclose.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1703, Varsoon wrote:Oh, god, that twist with Loy-Al-Phoenix
Oh god
One of my finest moments I think ;)
- Jingle
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1700, Reasonably Rational wrote:

I missed that. Yeah, not okay for people to not release PTs.

I wouldn't call them cowards, but shitty people.

Pedit: then edit the personal issue stuff out? I know it's crappy to ask you to have to redacted details from conversations other people were too stupid to put in the appropriate location, but it's even crappier to mess with everyone's elses experience by not releasing things.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Kinda glad RR died and couldn't call me out of giving Yume abilities from SaGa Frontier
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

I was very tempted to give out a DSC or Rosario Impale, but given the redirector situation, it was too risky.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Yume »

I am off to play Sporcle
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Well, it wouldn't have worked if you had tried anyways. :p

OH, ari, another thing: using varsona invention power to balance on the fly was pretty crappy. Either his inventions never work the way he wants, with you actively working to twist his meaning, or they always work the way he wants. Transitioning from maintaining the mechanical intent of his action to perverting it at the end wasn't great.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1711, Cerberus v666 wrote:Well, it wouldn't have worked if you had tried anyways. :p

OH, ari, another thing: using varsona invention power to balance on the fly was pretty crappy. Either his inventions never work the way he wants, with you actively working to twist his meaning, or they always work the way he wants. Transitioning from maintaining the mechanical intent of his action to perverting it at the end wasn't great.
I don't disagree. I know it wasn't great form a modding standpoint, as were many of the decisions in the setup and execution of this game.

I never claimed to be a good Mod though!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I hope I made it a fun game at least though!

Even for Scum, who feel slighted by the balance, RC who took a potshot because of the post restriction, Dioscuri who almost got boned by the post restriction, Dioscuri who got Modkilled (really sorry :(), Everyone else who thought the Post Restriction was utter garbage, and Varsoon who I totally bastardized the role of.

On the plus side of this game, Yume is a respectable player and showcased it well here :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, if you read the Mod PT you can see an incomplete list of things I screwed up this game :P

I take full responsibility for the shit show it was.
- Jingle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1698, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Mastin - Please quote the post and explain exactly how you were certain our slot was scum from a post by Cerb on the first page. I'm setting aside the fact that you expressed the same certainty about at least one other slot and were wrong, as I'm sure you'll have some excuse for why you were really right. It had better be one hell of an explanation since you went so far as to lie and claim masons to try and get us lynched. (You might also explain why you no longer were so sure when we died). Seriously expecting a substantive response to this.
If it helps I was lying about lying about not being sure that you were scum when I did.

I just wanted you to vote with me. I super agree that you asking how strongly I believe in my read was a scumclaim.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

All good, Aristo.
I went into the game expecting something kinda off the wall and my role confirmed the game wouldn't be normal by any regards.
I still had fun.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 am

In post 1702, Aristophanes wrote:Drixx, I see what you're saying. I had originally wanted to have Cannibal and RB work at the same time, and had Rad Rat as not expiring but still 1-shot, but that was deemed too much power.

Umm... anyone who would call this setup balanced lacks the ability to reason.

Town Power:
  • Deflector
  • Jailkeep who can kill with only 25% of also dying
  • Inventor (Where are the inventions listed?)
  • 1-shot Masonizer (Hard cop check plus potentially 2 hard conftown)
  • Delayed Tracker
  • Voyeur/Motion Detector on alternating nights
  • Unlucky Global Post Restrictor (neg utility but mostly just annoying and not actually harmful)
  • 1-shot Doublevoter + 1-shot dayvig
  • Even-night Wandering Friendly Child/IC (brings minimum conftown up to 3)
  • 1-shot choice of: Doc/rolecop/tracker
Scum Power:
  • Nexus (functionally investigate proof? Had to claim it early or risk later info condemning). 50% kill shot re-direction.
  • Cannibal (janitor) Roleblocker (but could not do both) - The only counter to the protection town had.
  • 1-shot deathproof which expired day 3 (Should have expired at M/LYLO since the fear was autowin scenario).

If I was somehow standing over one end of a see-saw (Teeter totter) and you placed the scum powers on the other end, I wouldn't even feel it when my end came up. Put the town's power pile there and I would lose my manhood. This is somehow worse than WDPT, which was two separate setups mashed together with no balance work done.

~D
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:06 am

In post 1715, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1698, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Mastin - Please quote the post and explain exactly how you were certain our slot was scum from a post by Cerb on the first page. I'm setting aside the fact that you expressed the same certainty about at least one other slot and were wrong, as I'm sure you'll have some excuse for why you were really right. It had better be one hell of an explanation since you went so far as to lie and claim masons to try and get us lynched. (You might also explain why you no longer were so sure when we died). Seriously expecting a substantive response to this.
If it helps I was lying about lying about not being sure that you were scum when I did.

I just wanted you to vote with me. I super agree that you asking how strongly I believe in my read was a scumclaim.
Yeah the thing is ... Cerb asked you that, and he would ask you that regardless of alignment. So viewing that as a scum tell then just becomes a matter of probability and you would be wrong way more than right, over a large sample size. Of course,
YOU
would actually
realize
that pretty quickly I think.

~D
Show

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1715, RadiantCowbells wrote:

Yeah, no, this is a lie.

You had a vig.

Unless you were specifically concerned with our NU, and I'd need to go back and double check exactly what/how/when Drixx claimed to determine if that was reasonable, you shoot us if you believed that was a scum claim.

Which it wasn't, in any way. Demanding that people actually explicitly state their positions is what I do. When dealing with people who I know regularly lie as town(you, and mastin, in this game), or who rarely acknowledge their misreads(mastin)town!me ALWAYS wants to ensure you're accountable for the positions you're putting forward.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, and your position on our slot has no relation to mastins reasoning, AND that post wasn't even the one where she decided we were scum. It was some random thing I said on like the 2nd page of the game.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1717, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1702, Aristophanes wrote:Drixx, I see what you're saying. I had originally wanted to have Cannibal and RB work at the same time, and had Rad Rat as not expiring but still 1-shot, but that was deemed too much power.

Umm... anyone who would call this setup balanced lacks the ability to reason.

Town Power:
  • Deflector
  • Jailkeep who can kill with only 25% of also dying
  • Inventor (Where are the inventions listed?)
  • 1-shot Masonizer (Hard cop check plus potentially 2 hard conftown)
  • Delayed Tracker
  • Voyeur/Motion Detector on alternating nights
  • Unlucky Global Post Restrictor (neg utility but mostly just annoying and not actually harmful)
  • 1-shot Doublevoter + 1-shot dayvig
  • Even-night Wandering Friendly Child/IC (brings minimum conftown up to 3)
  • 1-shot choice of: Doc/rolecop/tracker
Scum Power:
  • Nexus (functionally investigate proof? Had to claim it early or risk later info condemning). 50% kill shot re-direction.
  • Cannibal (janitor) Roleblocker (but could not do both) - The only counter to the protection town had.
  • 1-shot deathproof which expired day 3 (Should have expired at M/LYLO since the fear was autowin scenario).

If I was somehow standing over one end of a see-saw (Teeter totter) and you placed the scum powers on the other end, I wouldn't even feel it when my end came up. Put the town's power pile there and I would lose my manhood. This is somehow worse than WDPT, which was two separate setups mashed together with no balance work done.

~D
Created inwentions are in the Actions part of the Mod PT.

I think youre missing many ways that town can screw themselves here, and many ways scum can resist their roles as well as death in general.

I regret my N1 invention, but I think the others were fine. I also would not have invented it if RR was alive.

And there was little to Roleblock anyway, really.
- Jingle
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I think Drixx's objections are a little overblown. The most egregious thing was the fact that the deflector and the masonizer with in an all town pt with a third town around to work with, and there was a second conftown floating around. 3 conftown is at least one too many in a game this size.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Which is to say, enabling the creation of further conftown(up to 4 with that invention), just exacerbated the existing problem.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

This has been a trend I've noticed in games recently though, so maybe you're not wholly to blame, but the site is. Just...large number of conftown, or effective conftown, in games. There's this reliance by moderators on the paranoia of town keeping these conftown scenarios in check, but that's not something you should design your game around.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”